[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alejandro González Iñárritu

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 1

How did he manage to go from Art House/Mexican to Hollywood Top Tier?

Step 1:

Art House/Mexican Cinema

> Amores Perros

> 21 Grams

> Babel

> Biutiful

Step 2:

????

Step 3:

Hollywood Royalty

> Birdman

> The Revenant
>>
You just never developed any taste
You are an entry level plebeian redditer that knows almost nothing about cinema
>>
>>64712852
Sean Penn hooked him up with his Hollywood connections
>>
>>64712979
This and Birdman should be Step 3.
>>
Villeneuve and Inarritu will take us into a second golden age of cinema.
>>
Just beacuse movies are foreign it doesn't mean they are arthouse.

Amores Perros / 21 Grams are pleb stuff here in Mexico.

Source: I'm Mexican
>>
>>64712852

I think that art house category for Inarritu is actually the most disgusting thing I've seen on this board this week.

you are such a disgusting pleb that I might kill myself
>>
>>64712852
BEANER DETECTED

I'm a beaner too
>>
Because Emperors New Clothes.

The guy is a fucking colossal hack. Literally makes films about fucking nothing and tries to mimic the look of "Very Important Oscar Winning Cinema" and plebs eat it up.

>Did you know really long takes are Very Important Cinema

>Watch me put dozens of them in my movies now!

>But why?

>Because this is what Very Important Cinema looks like

21 Grams is one of the most cringe worthy films I've ever seen in a cinema. It's literally Days Of Our Lives tier.

If you want to spot a hardcore IMDB pleb trying to pretend like they know something about films, just look for Inarritu's name on their list. He's second only to Nolan for plebbitor identification.
>>
>>64713429

this guy is spot on

the three guys who are the biggest Oscar shills in Hollywood right now are:

Inarritu
Tobe Hooper
David O. Russell
>>
>>64713223

Dafuq you're talking about. Amores Perros is the closest thing to a Citizen Kane in mexico and is widely considered as such.
>>
>>64713429
long takes look good though, nobody cares if you got upset at them becoming popular after true detective
>>
>>64713569

O. Russell at least had good films before becoming an Oscar nomination generating machine for movie stars.

Inarritu just makes Oscar show reels. Always has.

He's the cinematic equivalent of a chan poster who uses a trip code and uses all caps.
>>
>>64713586
Wtf man, Amores Perros isn't considered arthouse in Mexico.
Source: I'm mexican too.
>>
>>64713659

I didn't say art house but people do drool over as one of the masterpieces of modern mexican cinema.
>>
>>64713608

I know this is satire, but this is a spot on imitation of your average Inarritu fan.
>>
>>64713689
I don't even give a shit about Inarritu either way, just saying your contrarianism isn't particularly interesting.
>>
>>64713659

This man is right, if I had to compare, I'd say Amores Perros is more like the Scarface / Heat of Mexico
>>
iñárritu is a basque name, so there is probably some behind the scenes collusion to advance his career on the global stage.
>>
>>64713643

which ones?

the only decent one I remember is Three Kings

I actually saw a bit of Joy the other night and it's surprisingly tolerable especially in light of his last few travesties. I haven't watched the whole thing but it looked like it might be his first okay movie since Three Kings.
>>
>>64713726

>contrarianism

>defending reddit on 4chan

You are so far down the rabbit hole right now.
>>
>>64713223
are mario almada films art house?
>>
>>64713791
can you just go back to /v/? your random comments are irritating to read
>>
>>64713751

Spanking The Monkey, Flirting With Disaster and Three Kings were all great. Even Huckabees has it's moments.

Even his comeback Oscar b8 like The Fighter or Silver Linings are good for what they are. Joy and Hustle have bits and pieces that are good, but the overall films are a mess.

He's not a complete hack/fraud like Inarritu or anything.
>>
>>64713836

>newfag from reddit telling me to go back to /v/

that's cute.
>>
>>64713847

ugh no.

The Fighter is alright. Silver Linings Playbook and American Hustle are aggressively terrible.

I guess he's not as bad as the current incarnation of Inarritu but he's still one of the worst offenders in Hollywood when it comes to Oscar baiting horseshit.
>>
>>64713876
you'll inevitably kill yourself.
>>
>>64713317
Por favor, vete
>>
>>64713047
Is this b8?
>>
Iñarritu is a pretentious hack
>>
Inarritu is bitter, cynical, depressed and cold. Doesn't make for great cinema.
>>
If you liked any of Inarritu's films because they were foreign then I think you're a hack.

He and Russell probably comprise my most hated directors working right now.
>>
>>64713047
couldn't be more reddit if you tried
>>
>>64713429
le this
>>
>>64713586
But Citizen Kane is not arthouse
>>
Babel is his best
>>
>>64716124

I agree. Despite riding the "we're all connected" oscar-bait meme, which seemed pretty weak to me.
>>
>>64716124
but Babel is just the shitty Hollywood version of Amores Perros
>>
>>64713659
BUILD WALL
>>
>>64716300
laughing all the way to the border, gonna steal your jobs and womyn
>>
>>64716124
Babel turned me kinda racist and made he hate non Americans.
Fuck sand niggers
Also apparently Japanese beta males and short ass school girl skirts do exist outside of anime. Japan is doomed to fucking die
>>
>>64713569
>Tobe Hooper

Tom Hooper is worse
>>
>>64713876

He's completely right though. Your posts are cringe inducing.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.