[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>mfw when avatar 2 BTFO out Star wars VII

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5

>mfw when avatar 2 BTFO out Star wars VII
>>
>>64709567
It probably will but, i haven't even seen any ad about it in my cinema yet. Compared to Avatar 1, which had a marketing campagn already started a year prior the film's release.

Perhaps he is confident that everyone want to know what kind of story he is going to pull off now, since the one in Avatar 1 looks pretty finished.
>>
>>64709567
lol no. Unles Cameron uses some retarded gimmick like the last time.
>>
>>64709567
>BTFO out
>>
>>64709986
VR fleshlights so you can fell Niteeri suck your dick with her head tail thing
>>
File: based jim.png (585KB, 617x447px) Image search: [Google]
based jim.png
585KB, 617x447px
>>64709567
>>
cameron is dead.
>>
Stop underestimating this hack. He always finds a way to make the world to eat his shit.
>>
Even the last pleb realizes that 3D is just a gimmick that makes you pay more money without getting more out of the movie. (There are a few exceptions, in which 3D was metaphorically used or even to tell a story like Hugo by Scorcese).

60FPS and 120FPS is something 90% of the audience dislikes because it looks fake and artificial for them when sitting in a cinema.

Avatar 2 - 4 will make a lot of money but they will never be a No. 1 movie worldwide.
>>
>A sequel no one wanted to a movie that came out years ago and has since been long forgotten.
>>
>>64712191
>>
>>64709567
Cameron was amazing until the 1990s. When he made Avaturd he literally became a sels rep for new projection techniques and cameras.

The industry rub's its hands because 120fps is coming and all cinemas needs to update theit projectors again for many shekels. Cameron is the biggest jew in existence !
>>
avatar 1 made 291 million in china

this is before it became a big market

1 BILLION CHINESE BOX OFFICE COMING SOON
>>
>>64712295
Yeah, because one ticket in Ultra 3D, 90k, Pandorarama Sound, 240FPS cinemas will cost 50 bucks and people will eat up that crap.
>>
If any other James Cameron movie top to the worldwide I'm going start to believe that he have a deal with the devil.
>>
The only way Avatar 2 can make more than the first is if he makes another gimmick, you think people saw the first cause they were interested in the story or characters? People went and saw it because 3D was the new cool thing, it was essentially a fad. Unless he can get another huge reason to see it other than the story (because no one gives a fuck about the shitty story or characters) it won't make the same as the first. The first Avatar was the Wii, Avatar 2 will be the Wii U
>>
>>64709567
But the 3D gimmick is dead anon
>>
>>64712295
Doubt it. It'll make half of the first.
>>
>>64712763
This.
>>
>>64712321
>dude develops new tech for his own movie that was already considered to be risky due to budget and lack of franchise
>movie becomes huge hit
>other filmmakers try to copy his formula

HE ONLY WANTS MONEY MONEY MONEY! IT'S HIS FAULT THAT THINGS HAVE CHANGED SO MUCH!

Whatever faggot.
>>
STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS BIGGEST OPENING IN CHINESE HISTORY!!!

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/645637-star-wars-the-force-awakens-is-now-the-3-movie-of-all-time#/slide/1

Avaturd opened to $8 million in China

TFA OPENS TO $53 MILLION

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

GET REKT CAMERON CUNTS!!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
>>
>>64709567
It probably won't. Avatar 2 will be a flop. People only wanted to see the first because it was a new technology. The world and characters were not memorable.
>>
>>64713950
I am happy for you. So how much money did you make out of this? :^)
>>
>>64713950

Biggest saturday opening in history, it's not even the biggest saturday in history. Retard.
>>
>>64713981
Pretty much. I don't remember a single thing about it. The only reason it's discussed is because of its profits.
>>
>>64714052

>total far surpasses and previous two day opening

Bwahahahahaaaa!!!

REKT
>>
why do people here like Dances with Wolves in space? It was pretty lame.
>>
>>64709567
look at all these cameronfags in denial

people only saw avatar for the 3d gimmick, but everyone realized what a shit movie it was and stopped caring

tfa was actually a good movie despite what contrarians say

plus, avatar only made that much money due to being in theaters for 6 months. tfa already beat avatar at the domestic box office and it hasn't even been a month.
>>
File: 3d-movies-3-0708-mdn.jpg (16KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
3d-movies-3-0708-mdn.jpg
16KB, 300x225px
>>64709567
Avatar 2 probably won't outgross Avatar, but Avatar 4 might. It will be Return of the King thing, where every following chapter gross significantly more than the last because of good word of mouth and self propelled hype from previous films. Considering how good the JC movies are they'll stay in theaters almost to the point of a next chapter. 2017-2019 will be a thunderstorm of Avatar popularity and cultural recognition and it'll peak with Avatar 4. Disney should probably retire Star Wars for a while.
>>
Avatar 2 - Earth's military lands on Pandora with high-tech war machinery and an army of cybernetic soldiers aka Terminators. It's a brutal war and the Na'vi are massacred. They push the Na'Vi to the brink of extinction and in their desperation the Na'Vi decide to use an ancient threat locked away by their ancestors. The final scene of Avatar 2 would be them breaking into an ancient chamber, the floor covered in eggs, camera does a slow pan up to reveal an Alien Queen. She roars. Cut to black.

>Avatar 3
>Alien facehuggers attach themselves to Pandora animals and we get to see completely new versions that are bigger and deadlier
>new Aliens massacre everything they find, including the Na'vi
>the humans with the help of the Terminators manage to hold them back but their position changed from an offensive one to a defensive one
>the Alien numbers grow out of control and the Na'vi can't defend against them any longer
>humans are close to going down as well
>humans and Na'vi team up
>a huge war devours the planet
>the final shot will be outside the orbit of Pandora
>a spaceship approaches but it doesn't look like something humans would build
>it becomes invisible
>fade to black

>Avatar 4
>$4billion box office
>>
>>64714289
>>64714300
Avatar never had, nor ever will have any cultural significance.
>>
>>64714459
They said the same about Star Wars in 79
>>
>>64714510
Star Wars came out in 77
2 years wasn't enough.

It's been almost 7 years and it's completely forgotten.
>>
>>64714715
I don't see anybody forgetting it. All I see is a bunch of faggots repeating the same mantra that it's forgotten all the time. If it's completely forgotten, why'd you bring it up every day?

Avatar taking 8 years mean people will be really missing it and will want to see it. Jurassic World happened 14 years after JP3 and was "completely forgotten"
>>
>>64709567
"I will manufacture a movie-product specifically designed to sell more tickets than that other manufactured movie-product."
>>
>>64709567
Avatar 2 is gonna be in production hell to the end of time just like the live action Akira movie.
>>
>>64714826
I didn't make this thread though. Ask anyone on the street if they remember Avatar aka Dances with Wolves 2: Electric Boogaloo and they'll say "oh that movie.. The 3D thing huh?"

Jurassic Park is cultural icon because Dinosaurs are considered "cool". I doubt kids (or most adults) cared about the life size CGI Smurfs from Avatar.
>>
>>64714715

>Implying the spergs on this site are in anyway representative of the word.

Avatar has had zero impact on popular culture.

And how is Jurassic Park "forgotten" when it's been 20 years since it's release and still is talked about?
>>
>>64714300
saved
>>
>>64715025
We're in the Internet age. People have new things to obsess about every day and unless you're beating the dead horse like Disney people will not focus their attention on last year things. That's why nobody remembers Dark Knight films anymore even though IMDb fags will pretend it had some kind of huge cultural impact with morons painting their faces to be jokers.

In the last 10 years nobody was discussing Jurassic Park. You ask people the same question and they'll say the same thing "oh.. I remember. A film with dinosaurs." Then it got back.

Avatar 2 will be monstrous and everyone will suddenly have nostalgia for Avatar.
>>
File: 1447746247375.jpg (9KB, 364x366px) Image search: [Google]
1447746247375.jpg
9KB, 364x366px
>>64711107
>mfw when
>>
>>64709790
UNLIKE TFA WHICH HAD 2 YEARS PRRIOR OF ADVERTISING AND DISNEY BACKING, FUCK OFF FAGGOT I DONT REMEMBNER ANY AVATAR SHIT UNTIL THE LAST FEW MONTHS
>>
>>64709790
Avatar didn't have a teaser until August. I think it only have a Neytiri face poster as the only existing image until maybe 3 months before release. Only Cameron worshipers knew what's coming really. The hype machine started in December. The hype machine for TFA started two years ago.
>>
>>64709567
I can't wait to play Avatar 2 on my Xbox One!
>>
>>64712264
Yeah, Terminator 2 is going to suck ass.
>>
>>64715381
>Nostalgia for 2009
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.