[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>93% RT >Average rating 8.2 >third highest grossing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

>93% RT
>Average rating 8.2
>third highest grossing movie of all time and it hasn't even been out for a month
>Loved by Redlettermedia
>praised by Mark Kermode who doesn't care about any Star Wars
>81 on metacritic

Friendly reminder that The force awakens was objectively a huge success
>>
TELL THAT TO THE KANJI CLUB
>>
Was Rey even the protag? She didn't do much at all in the movie.

And the moment when the Froce awakens in her and she wrecks Kylo feels so flat. It was supposed to be the hypest moment in the film and it turned out just meh. The movie didn't show the hero's journey at all.
>>
>>64701639
objectively, many blockbusters get very high ratings in the beginning and very few keep them in the long run.
>>
File: lbHcchL.jpg (352KB, 5000x5000px) Image search: [Google]
lbHcchL.jpg
352KB, 5000x5000px
>>64701639
>Mark Kermode

https://youtu.be/e03SVZ_tz3o
>>
TELL
>>
>>64701639
I saw it in theatres twice.
>>
File: 1394470619793.jpg (81KB, 419x480px) Image search: [Google]
1394470619793.jpg
81KB, 419x480px
>>64701639
>>Loved by Redlettermedia
>>praised by Mark Kermode who doesn't care about any Star Wars

Oh wow what a big deal.
>>
fanfic and cosplay has killed storytelling
>>
>>64701663
>The movie didn't show the hero's journey at all.

It's pretty apparent JJ doesn't really understand Campbell- if anything I doubt he even knows who Joseph Campbell is.

If you wanted to make a good Star Wars movie keeping in the style of the originals, he shouldn't have looked so much at the originals, but should've looked at what inspired Lucas to begin with. Obviously Campbell, but also Jean Giraud, Flash Gordon, Kurosawa, etc.
>>
File: critic.jpg (22KB, 300x279px) Image search: [Google]
critic.jpg
22KB, 300x279px
But what about Armond?
>>
Good for them. Whether a movie is successful or not has nothing to do with my opinion on it. I'm not a teenaged fanboy that uses sales to justify my tastes.
>>
File: Laughing at you.jpg (79KB, 640x474px) Image search: [Google]
Laughing at you.jpg
79KB, 640x474px
It's also better than the prequel movies, better even than RotJ, which put closet prequelers and avatards on suicide watch.

>Bu-but muh Jar Jar
>Muh Pod-Racing
>Muh sand
>Muh Ney fleshlight
>Mah Ney dragon dildo
>Muh plot-holes
>Muh Donkey Kong
>M-muh Marry Sue
>I thought we had the high ground
>Poor Lucas ;_;
>Sheev, save me!

>Inb4Reddit

TELL THAT TO KANJI CLUB

CAN'T SPAY THE JAY JAY
>>
>>64701999
What's even going on this pic
>>
>>64702018
cast party
>>
>>64701999

ROTJ would be a better movie if TFA didn't completely ruin its ending scene.
>>
>>64701639
I just fucking saw this. I don't know how I managed to stay away from the spoilers.

tfw I'm late to check the memes
>>
It was a good movie too
>>
>>64702053
>ending scene.
Which version? Because there are at least three of of them, which is clearly a hallmark of a competent movie when most only get one.
>>
>>64702102

Why is only having one version a hallmark of a good movie? I have no problem with having multiple versions of things which is one of the reasons I don't mind TFA. The old EU and the TFA storyline exist as equal but different versions of the story to me. The better ending is the one without yub nub.
>>
>>64701761
They are the saints of /tv/.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.