[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Prequels

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: images (16).jpg (29KB, 543x271px) Image search: [Google]
images (16).jpg
29KB, 543x271px
Why are the prequels considered to be so bad?

I mean, other than overuse of bad CGI and terrible acting, they aren't so bad, honestly.
>>
>bad acting
Just said this in another thread but McGregor did a fucking great job.
Not wrong in general, though.
>>
Many people didn't like the scripts nor Jake Lloyd as Vader.
>>
>>64694531

nobody ever wanted to see darth vader as a child
>>
While I don't care for TPM and AOTC, I actually prefer Return of the Sith to any of the original movies. The labyrinthine opening shot— of Anakin and Obi-Wan giving chase to Dooku through the space vehicles on the planet of Coruscant—is a mighty and audacious gauntlet-throw, the digital equivalent of the opening shot of Orson Welles’s “Touch of Evil." It wheels and gyrates and zips and pivots with a vertiginous wonder that declares, from the beginning, that Lucas had big visual ideas and was about to realize them with a heroically inventive virtuosity. And the rest of the movie follows through on that self-dare.

If I had seen ROTS in real time, in a theatre upon its release, in 2005, I think that, at the moment when Sheev, sizzling in the blue lightning that Mace Windu reflects back at him, cries out to Anakin, “Power! Unlimited Power!,” I would have leaped out of my seat yelling with excitement. The entire movie is filled with an absolute splendor of the pulp sublime, and that moment is its very apogee. Lucas reaches historic heights in the filming of action: the martial artistry of Anakin and Obi-Wan’s double duel versus Dooku, the gaping maw of outer space and of the airshaft into which the heroic duo drops, Obi-Wan’s light-sabre fight with the four-armed Grievous, and, above all, the apocalyptic inferno of the confrontation of Obi-Wan and Anakin. I watched these sequences over and was repeatedly and unflaggingly amazed by Lucas’s precise, dynamic, wildly imaginative direction.

The scripted politics of the conflicts have a grand imagination to match. What Lucas brings to the script of ROTS is a quasi-Shakespearean backroom dialectic of power-maneuvering. The dialogue is just heightened and sententious enough, just sufficiently rhetorical, to convey the grave moment of ideas in conflict and the grand mortal results of that dialectical clash—the making of a villain and the unmaking of a republic.
>>
>>64694531
JarJar Binks for starters
>>
>>64694531
>Why are the prequels considered to be so bad?

Cause RLM told us they were.

Didn't you get the memo?
>>
File: images (17).jpg (17KB, 452x325px) Image search: [Google]
images (17).jpg
17KB, 452x325px
>>64694555
This too

Also, Hayden's non-dialouge acting in RotS is actually pretty good sometimes, especially when he has turned to the Dark Side

>thar intimidating look
>>
>>64694604
>Jake Lloyd as Vader

Even my newfag 10 year old brother who is all about everything Star Wars after TFA, knows that Anakin wasn't Vader until the end of RotS.
>>
>>64694724
What is this? some meme? did you not know that anakin is vader?
>>
>>64694531
They really aren't that bad.

The Star Wars movies were placed on this huge pedestal by some people. I mean, you had weirdos sitting out camping for tickets to the Phantom Menace for weeks. Honestly, there was never going to be anything that would live up to that much hype.

The prequels have flaws, of course, but so do the original movies (and so does this new one). Only difference is the original trilogy has nostalgia, and the prequels lowered expectations to a point that most people could accept the flaws in the new film (you see it in a lot of reviews: they almost always compare TFA to the prequels).
>>
>>64694639
Delicious.
>>
>>64694798
Lloyd was never Vader. I'm sorry you need reality in meem form.
>>
>>64694531
Thanks to a combination of bad writing, acting, directing and photography in the dialogue scenes, for long stretches they're incredibly dull. That's a pretty big problem for a space adventure to have.
>>
>>64694926
When I said "Vader" I meant Anakin in all forms, and I know you knew that. Stop meming around
>>
>>64695041
So a movie about Hitler should have him gassing jews in kindergarten?
>>
>>64695125
No, because he didn't gas jews in Kindergarten. What's your point?
>>
>>64694639
10/10 would read again
>>
>>64694639
>Return of the Sith
>>
>>64695206
Google it for the original article. The guy hilariously defends TPM and AotC as well as Revenge.
>>
>>64695150
How should Vader have been portrayed as a kid? To your liking?
>>
>>64695304
I don't understand what these questions have to do with anything about what we were initially discussing. Could you just explain your point clearly without responding in question?
>>
I watched 1 and 3 last night and they dialogue is really bad. It ruined the movies.
>>
>>64695304
Not him, but I think Anakin should have been around Luke's age in Episode I.
>>
Delete Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones. The prequels now begin during the Clone Wars. Fixed.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.