[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do we fix the Simpsons?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 12

File: image.jpg (69KB, 620x420px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
69KB, 620x420px
How do we fix the Simpsons?
>>
cancel it
>>
>>64690572
We can't, nobody can

Just let them die already
>>
homer and marge adopt a dindu
>>
>>64690572
>No Lisa episodes
>No feminism/SJW episodes
>More Homer episodes
>More Bart episodes
>>
increase their animation budget of course
>>
>implying this season isn't the best they've done in a decade
>they're finally admitting it's weird how they're all stuck at the same age for 20 plus years
>they all morph and animate like cartoons
>sjw celebs are almost non existant
>focusing on making the show relevant by making fun of today's society, unlike Family Guy and South Park which just make fun of stereotypes

The show has been saved.
>>
>>64690778
That true?
>>
>>64690778
Don't compare it to South Park and Family Guy.

Family Guy is just 20 minutes of jokes.

South Park is topical satire.

The Simpsons focuses on moral lessons with character-centric jokes sprinkled in.

They strive for different things.
>>
>>64690572
New writers is the only option or new producers alltigether
The show is made for 50 years olds
>>
>>64690696
>more more ralph
>>
>>64691225
>The show is made for 50 years olds

Not anymore.
>>
Kick out every current writer and bring back Schwartzwalder. Sack Al Jean and lynch him if he tries to get back in the building.

Stop using fucking Toonboom to animate it, it looks fucking terrible. Stop making Lisa centric episodes.

There, all fixed.
>>
>>64690572
end it and to do it well just have a final season where everything had consequences and they finally grow into people we see in flash-forwards
>>
>>64690572
•accept that the golden era is dead

•lower your expectations for future episodes

•support them so they can hit the record of most episodes in a tv series so they can quit on a high note.
>>
>>64690572
Make Selman the showrunner already.
>>
>>64691125
Well, they DID.
>>
File: hams.jpg (38KB, 325x300px) Image search: [Google]
hams.jpg
38KB, 325x300px
I'm really fixing for some new Simpsons, is there even a single episode past season 20ish that is worth watching?
>>
>>64691424
The Book Job

Halloween of Horror
>>
Go back to a 90s setting with only the technology available to that era.
Marge and Homer were both born in the 60s and came of age in the 70s.
Bart and Lisa were born in the 80s.
Clinton is the president again.
The internet can be around, but only references it when it would make a funny joke otherwise it's completely off limits.
Do not reference anything made after the 90s.
Make the show about subtle satire of American life again with not too obvious references to real world things.
Make the kids acts like kids and the adults act like adults again. Currently they all act like 20 something college students.
Fire all the writers and the new ones must pass a quiz which will test them on 90s era Simpsons that they must pas with a 100% score..
Start rotating showrunners again and make the new ones pass the quiz like with the writers.
Celebrity guest stars are no longer allowed to play themselves.

That's about all I can think of right now.
>>
>>64690835
Yes. Watch the latest season on hulu

>>64691236
There is more Ralph in the new season.

Also that German Gunter kid. I thought the removed him because of muh racism.
>>
>>64690572
Just cancel it. Let it die. Destroy all copies of season 15 onwards.
>>
The Simpsons was a product of its time, it didn't fit the '00s, and it sure as shit doesn't fit the '10s. Just let it die.

>>64690778
>sjw celebs are almost non existant

Did you even watch the latest episode? Probably the most stereotypically feminist episode they've ever done. It's so out of touch it's laughable.

>>64691591
>hulu

Yet another retarded namefag, what a surprise.
>>
>>64690723
I think they already spend 9 months on every episode. They don't need more money, they need to use it better.
>>
Needs more BBC for the fat virgin NEET wannabe patrician audience
>>
>>64691712
>not having hulu, netflix, and amazon

Pleb, please. Not only does Hulu have classic Dr. Who which I've started to watch, it has a shit ton of Criterion releases in high quality, 80s anime like Saint Seiya undubbed. Also Red Dwarf, Empire, the Flash, Whose Line, current movies, and a bunch of other garbage I'll never watch.

Seriously don't ever fucking reply to me while you're wearing that trip code, you meme loving faggot.

And no, I'm on episode 7.
Also
>basically ignoring the other episodes for how much funnier they are than the previous seasons

It's like The Simpsons is... finally... a cartoon.... again... woahhh!
>>
Who simpsums here?
>>
They're too far gone. All anyone can do is to put them down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NT2ZiPIukw
>>
>watch through season 5 again
>realise just how shit the show is today
>>
>>64692281

IT ANGERS
>>
File: 1410432382842.gif (2MB, 235x190px) Image search: [Google]
1410432382842.gif
2MB, 235x190px
Marge needs to be culturally enriched by Carl and cuck Homer. Lisa teaches Homer the importance of tolerance and the need for a bull in the relationship. The episode ends where Bart starts seeing Carl as his new Dad and Carl flees
>>
>>64692089
Namefags as the cancer killing /tv/ namefags not even once
>>
>>64690696
I found Lisa episodes where ok once and awhile when she was just a quirky smart girl. They where bland episodes, but it did change the pace.
Now she's just gone full SJW and the show with her.
>>
Will Homer ever get cucked?
>>
>>64690572
Why can't the simpsons be like this again? damn you.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POS24e54t3E
>>
File: tumblr_lmqf757QlL1qcnhhzo1_500.gif (499KB, 500x269px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lmqf757QlL1qcnhhzo1_500.gif
499KB, 500x269px
>>64693114
>implying /tv/ hasn't always been shit
At least it's not as bad as /mu/.

Also
>implying I'm responsible for spoiling star wars
>TR8R threads
>cunny threads
>blacked threads

>not realizing I just don't give a shit about your fake "anonymous" culture which was never the point of this website and I'm happy to claim a name to my personal opinions
>>
>>64692659
Holy shit, that's brutal..
>>
>>64692659
That was.. actually somewhat disturbing. It was good.
>>
>>64690572
Kill it.
>>
>>64690696
>wanting more episodes at all
Cancel the show and kill this kind of retard.
>>64690723
>pay them more to shit on your face
Kill it.
>>
>>64693100
Did that happen to you, anon? Tell us where the black man touched you.
>>
File: 1379989701235.jpg (33KB, 848x900px) Image search: [Google]
1379989701235.jpg
33KB, 848x900px
>>64690778
>implying this season isn't the best they've done in a decade

Why is is "the show has started getting good again this season" always what apologists say? Besides the show was pretty damn heinous a decade ago, so beint "the best they've done in a decade" isn't really a good thing.

>mfw the unquestionably good seasons stopped almost 20 years ago, and they've been coasting ever since on brand loyalty.
>>
>>64691672
Ever since they announced that they weren't releasing new seasons on DVD, I realized that even THEY know that the show is terrible.
>>
>>64692659
Pretty good. The ending genuinely surprised me.
>>
>>64690778
the coding episode was garbage
>>
File: image.png (232KB, 970x902px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
232KB, 970x902px
>>64693323
Agreed
>>
File: zachn around.png (701KB, 891x685px) Image search: [Google]
zachn around.png
701KB, 891x685px
>>64695316
Are you like 40 lol what a loser
>>
>The episode sparked the idea amongst the staff for a spin-off series entitled Springfield Stories[16] or simply Springfield.[17] The proposed show would focus on the town in general, rather than the Simpson family. Every week would be a different scenario: three short stories, an adventure with young Homer or a story about a background character that was not tied in to the Simpson family at all.[16] The idea never came to anything, as Groening realized that the staff did not have the manpower to produce another show as well as The Simpsons.[17][18] The staff maintains that it is something that they would still be interested in doing,[4] and that it "could happen someday."[18]
>>
File: Every_Man's_Dream_promo_2.jpg (250KB, 653x367px) Image search: [Google]
Every_Man's_Dream_promo_2.jpg
250KB, 653x367px
>>64693239
Yes, in the Lena Dunham episode.
>>
>>64693136
didn't lisa episodes typically go like this in the olden times

>lisa is an ideologist and wants to change something for the better
>reality ensues, greed, selfishness, bureaucracy, and such come in the way
>lisa realizes that you can't change things just like that, and although her ideas were good, they would cause more problems than they would fix
>she becomes cynical and disillusioned in the end of the episode

simpsons could have used a shonen style timeskip during which homer dies, marge becomes a vegetable, bart becomes a criminal and lisa simpson becomes a depressed renegade who suffers from cognitive dissonance as her idealistic principles and her cynicism battle each other
>>
>>64695955
>that cgi family

>detailed food

wtf they used to eat slop for the sake of the north korean animation teams made up of slave labor
>>
>>64690572
it's gone too far, kill it out of mercy
>>
File: 1451690632670.jpg (22KB, 308x337px) Image search: [Google]
1451690632670.jpg
22KB, 308x337px
>>64692659
what the fucking shit
That was pretty good actually.
>>
>>64695931
The last episodes of Moral Orel kinda did this, with several episodes just exploring the background characters.

I dunno it could have been an amusing spinoff, I couldn't trust the modern writers with anything though.
>>
>>64696319
>Moral Orel
That third season was so fucking good.
>>
>>64690572
End it

Throw any post season 9 episodes in the trash, stop airing them and pretend they never happened
>>
Soft reboot.

Make small changed to some characters, age up Bart and Lisa, bring back dead characters such as Maude, return some characters to their early years characterization (Flanders, Moe, Skinner)
>>
>>64695955
He should be black
Hehehe...
>>
>there are people who can't enjoy decent episodes of the Transitional Era.

It's not pre-11 but there's a good episode from time to time.
>>
>>64690572
Kill Lisa, Homer and Marge must come together and the characters finally begin to age.
>>
>>64692659
this makes me realise just how fucking attached i am to the simpsons family

when they make the final episode. i pray to fucking god they end it as though it's 1995 or something. it could be the greatest ending episode of all time.

like you know how after each episode everything returns back to normal in the next one? if they used this to create some kind of explanation as to the simpsons universe being this eternal loop of shenanigans. like a multiverse where all possible scenarios occur and they repeat until the end of time. could be pretty emotional
>>
>>64696434
>return to early years characterization
>flanders
the fuck? he's the same since the start, the fuck are you even trying to say?
>>
>>64697154
Holidays of Future Passed could have been a good finale, or Behind the Laughter. I think the 500th episode could have made a finale what with all of Springfield saying their tired of the Simpsons shit and kicking them out of town. Would have been Seinfeld-esque.
>>
>>64697176
Early Flanders was a nice godly man and something of a wet blanket. Modern Flanders is a psychotic religious zealot.
>>
>>64697271
top lel
early flanders called reverend lovejoy in the middle of the night to rebless his butt, because his behind touched the butt of another man
>>
>>64697271
he was a crazy religious man from the start.
back to tvtropes with you.
flanderization is a retarded term.
>>
Cancellation.
If not that then continuity based season like South Park. Which would likely lead to cancellation.
>>
>>64695316
>the unquestionably good seasons stopped almost 20 years ago
lol you people are such hipsters about the simpsons
>>
File: 01658434[1].jpg (64KB, 600x438px) Image search: [Google]
01658434[1].jpg
64KB, 600x438px
>>64690572
>>
>>64695955
why are they always smiling
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.