[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If you were to remake the prequel films, what would you do with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: anabib.jpg (611KB, 1363x1929px) Image search: [Google]
anabib.jpg
611KB, 1363x1929px
If you were to remake the prequel films, what would you do with them?
You can change the actors, script, but you are limited to each prequel's perspective budget. (Google them if you don't have them)

Personally, I'd rework the story to start off with Storm troopers absolutely flooding streets and cities of smaller towns. There'd be a small brigade and Obi Wan would pop out of the shadows to stop it. Instead of Jedi being absolutely fucking everywhere, they'd be more like a batman-type vigilante.
>>
>>64689019
Much less CGI and more practical effects, CGI just wasn't perfected at the time. Young Anakin was so bad but it's like that type of "The Room" bad where it's great. Idk it's hard to say, Lucas was ambitious but I feel as though practical effects and costumes would've made a huge difference.
>>
I'd change nothing.
>>
>>64689120
kek
>>
>>64689019
I'd make obi-wan become evil at the end just to fuck with people
>>
>>64689137
kek
>>
I would make Obi-Wan Kenobi and Luke's mother secondary characters in the trilogy. Anakin and Vader would have maybe one or two appearances each.

The rest of the cast would be entirely unrelated to them, meaning you would be able to fucking watch the series in order without the Yoda, Vader and Leia reveals being spoiled too early.
>>
>>64689202
kek
>>
>>64689202
What about Jabba? There's not much you can do about IV's special edition, but he was in the podracing.
>>
File: image.png (161KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
161KB, 400x400px
Make sure no younglings were killed
>>
no child actors
don't over do it on the gay force/jedi shit
scale back on the grandeur
no chosen one bullshit
puppet aliens everywhere
>>
I'd make the plot better in general. I don't know how, but the Jedi wouldn't be a giant organization. They're not fucking Microsoft - they're smaller than that.
>>
no Jar Jar
less CGI
more Sheev
replace Hayden and Jake with better actors
show the younglings being killed on screen

that's it
>>
>>64689120
This. Everything else is ironic reddit memeing.
>>
File: 1450905714361.jpg (40KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
1450905714361.jpg
40KB, 625x626px
>>64689408
>>
>>64689325
no lightsaber ballets
scale back on the interconnectedness-
-e.g.-
no aniken buliding c3po
no r2-d2 come to save the day out of nowhere

and fuck the clone wars
>>
>>64689475
He's right though

The prequels aren’t perfect or anything but they're alright movies, especially II and III
>>
>>64689019
I'd have Hayden play Anakin in Episode 1, and have Anakin be whatever age Hayden was at the time.

Watto wouldn't be pseudo-Jewish.

The Gungans wouldn't be pseudo-Jamaicans and Jar-Jar would have a deeper voice.

Anakin wouldn't take off in the starfighter and destroy the droid control ship, saving everyone. Experienced pilots would take his place.

Episode 2 and 3 would basically be the same.
>>
>>64689547
"alright movies, epsecially II and III"
Yes, they're good movies, but they're fucking terrible STAR WARS movies.
>>
>>64689202

This would be good
>>
>>64689598
I actually prefer Return of the Sith to any of the original movies. The labyrinthine opening shot— of Anakin and Obi-Wan giving chase to Dooku through the space vehicles on the planet of Coruscant—is a mighty and audacious gauntlet-throw, the digital equivalent of the opening shot of Orson Welles’s “Touch of Evil." It wheels and gyrates and zips and pivots with a vertiginous wonder that declares, from the beginning, that Lucas had big visual ideas and was about to realize them with a heroically inventive virtuosity. And the rest of the movie follows through on that self-dare.

If I had seen ROTS in real time, in a theatre upon its release, in 2005, I think that, at the moment when Sheev, sizzling in the blue lightning that Mace Windu reflects back at him, cries out to Anakin, “Power! Unlimited Power!,” I would have leaped out of my seat yelling with excitement. The entire movie is filled with an absolute splendor of the pulp sublime, and that moment is its very apogee. Lucas reaches historic heights in the filming of action: the martial artistry of Anakin and Obi-Wan’s double duel versus Dooku, the gaping maw of outer space and of the airshaft into which the heroic duo drops, Obi-Wan’s light-sabre fight with the four-armed Grievous, and, above all, the apocalyptic inferno of the confrontation of Obi-Wan and Anakin. I watched these sequences over and was repeatedly and unflaggingly amazed by Lucas’s precise, dynamic, wildly imaginative direction.

The scripted politics of the conflicts have a grand imagination to match. What Lucas brings to the script of ROTS is a quasi-Shakespearean backroom dialectic of power-maneuvering. The dialogue is just heightened and sententious enough, just sufficiently rhetorical, to convey the grave moment of ideas in conflict and the grand mortal results of that dialectical clash—the making of a villain and the unmaking of a republic.
>>
>>64689881
10/10
>>
>>64689881
did you even see iv-vi

holy shit, those have emotion between the characters

not behind-the-scenes actions we have to READ A FUCKING BOOK to get the details on
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.