[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So this is the first star wars movie I've watched and I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

So this is the first star wars movie I've watched and I rather enjoyed it

How do the older ones compare? Are they as exciting?
>>
>>64688622
>So this is the first star wars movie I've watched and I rather enjoyed it

You should like it. The movie was obviously made for your kind.
>>
>>64688622
You might like them. Less flashy, but good.

The Empire is really fleshed out in the older ones. To me the first order seemed a little rushed
>>
>>64688679
>Stop liking what I like

If anything turns me away from star wars its the fans. Why don't they want more people to enjoy it? Are they all faggots?
>>
>>64688622

The Force Awakens is, for better or for worse, a fairly pure action movie made in the style of the Marvel Cinematic Universe films, particularly the Avengers movies. The opening third of the film on Jakku is actually rather nice; in substance it is similar to the old Star Wars movies, even if it differs in style.

The six-film Star Wars saga is more like an epic poem in movie form. Action is certainly present, even fairly common, but it's nowhere near as focal as it is in TFA. There's a very different tone and style to the movies, as they are focused on something of an overwrought melodrama set in a vast galaxy. The saga goes to great lengths to both consciously and unconsciously reinforce the sheer size and scope of the galaxy in a way that TFA really never does, and everything from the action to the quieter scenes is a backdrop for what is essentially a soap opera in space.

As such, they all work on a slower, more comfortable pace, much less running around, fewer explosions. There's a greater focus on building the world, constructing shots that look like dramatic tableaus, etc. Lucas had an extremely visually-focused style built around creating moments that look beautiful as still frames, and was drawing on all sorts of inspiration for his scenes and stories, from Flash Gordon to Akira Kurosawa to Greek epics. The Star Wars saga is essentially a replication of Lucas's own childhood.

If you watch the saga after seeing The Force Awakens, a LOT will seem very familiar, as Abrams' single primary -- almost exclusive -- source of inspiration for TFA is Star Wars. Almost every scene, almost every story beat, almost every character trait is a reference to an existing Star Wars film or Star Wars Expanded Universe work. The resulting film is more inbred than a Targaryen heir.
>>
>>64688879
It was just a copy of Star Wars Episode IV, so you can understand the frustration some people felt when they paid to see a movie they already saw before.
>>
>>64688622
>growing up on the third trilogy

just die
>>
File: image.jpg (182KB, 1920x816px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
182KB, 1920x816px
>>64688622
Episode I is irrelevant garbage you can skip. Anakin was a slave and get found by a Jedi Master and brought back to be trained as a Jedi. He leaves his mother behind to become a Jedi. That's literally all you need to know.

Episode II is garbage that's worth only 1 watch for the memes. The dialog sucks and the action is pretty lame. Most of Obi's story is entertaining. Anakin's story is a bit of a chore.

Episode III is alright. First act is pretty fun. Sheev makes the movie really fun. 3rd act has some great action. The dialog is a bit meh but it's forgivable.

IV is one the greatest films ever made. Amazing soundtrack, fun humor, and cool worlds.

V is one of the best sequels of all time. It's not as dark as some people say. In fact it's pretty light hearted until the 3rd act but the tonal transition isn't jarring and is very well done.

VI is pure fun for the first two acts and starts to get really good in the final act. It's not as good as empire but it won't disappoint you at all.

Watch them in this order

IV, V, VI, I (optional), II, III.
>>
>>64688622
It's a modern remake of "Star Wars" 1977
>>
>>64691586
Fuck off reddit.

Prequels are both better than ot and tfa shit.
>>
>>64690230

>more inbred than a Targaryen heir

thanks reddit

good post otherwise
>>
Daily reminder main female character is called Rey C. Mixer
>>
Remember to ignore these shitposters OP:
>>64690365
>>64690792
>>64691632
>>64691649
>>64691677
>>
Remember to ignore this redditor OP
>>64691721
>>
File: retard.jpg (34KB, 400x551px) Image search: [Google]
retard.jpg
34KB, 400x551px
>>64691677

>one Game of Thrones joke = reddit
>>
Force Awakens is a mass-produced shit marvel movie wearing the skin of Star Wars. Its just so fucking bland and soulless, even compared to the prequels. Its like it was written and directed by an algorithm rather than human beings. The cinematography is shit. The story is shit. The characters are bland. The score is underwhelming for a star wars movie. J.J. doesn't understand that star wars is about the drama and not the aliens or the lightsabers or death stars.
>>
>>64691586
Reddit the Post TFA Is A SHIT
>>
>>64691955
I never mentioned TFA.
>>
>>64691721
This
>>
>>64691846
Did we watch the same movie? You sound like an utter moron.
>>
>>64692042
It's a meme. Most people agree it's a great flick.

This board is salty that it ended up being great.
>>
File: CA-EAUZWkAEmeQa.jpg (22KB, 488x488px) Image search: [Google]
CA-EAUZWkAEmeQa.jpg
22KB, 488x488px
>>64688622
>>64688879
>>64691586
>>64691721
>>64692027
>>
>>64691846
>mass-produced
>bland
>soulless
>cinematography is shit
>story is shit
>bland
>underwhelming

These are all just stupid labels you're just using to sidestep the fact you don't have actual criticisms. Cry more.
>>
>>64691846
>the cinematography is shit
The cinematography was on fucking point.
>the story is shit
I mean it's a star wars movie..
>The characters are bland
The only real bland character right now are Finn and Kylo 'Wake me up inside' Ren.
>The score is underwhelming
I mean star wars used to have one of the greatest scores in movie history, they were not going to pull that off again.
>star wars is about the drama
ISHYGDDT

It was alright, I enjoyed it, I was sad with Kylo Ren as he had such a badass entrance and they just ruined that badass aspect about him within a hour, that's the main point of criticism I have. however I'm looking forward to the next movies.
>>
>>64688622
kill yourself

sage
>>
>>64692236
>no one could possibly say it was bland, souless, bland again, underwhelming, and that the story is shit without reading other peoples opinions or living in their own shelter of negativity

God you're an uppity piece of shit, aren't you? I'll continue to watch them, but I'll be damned if I pay any money to see them.
>>
>>64692329
>Kylo Ren
>bland
I respectfully disagree. He was the most interesting character, and having him desperately want to be an unstoppable badass rather than actually being one was the boldest choice in a film mainly let down by its lack of ambition.

Having said that, in theory Finn was an interesting choice too, but his story was handled so quickly and simply that it didn't really have an impact.
>>
>>64691586
>skipping episode I
It's worth watching if only for Duel of Fates anon
>>
>>64692588
I had the same with Kylo Ren, I think they've done everything with Kylo too fast, he started of as a mysterious badass villain, but they threw away all those aspects about him in a matter of minutes. he will never be a badass villain for me now in the upcomming movies so they have to make him change from sith to jedi, which they make it look like it will happen a lot. The thing is that Kylo Ren is a genocidal murderer, so making him change and being accepted by everyone while having a history of killing entire villages filled with innocent people would be stupid. The best thing for me would be that they kill him in they next movie, I mean what else can they do that would make sense? I believe there was another villain confirmed, so it might be a possibility that this will happen in the next movie given that 3 main villains is a bit much.

I think the most interesting character is Snoke, since he is Darth Plagueis.
>>
>>64690792
My girlfriend has never seen any of the Star Wars films besides The Force Awakens and personally, I think that allowed her to enjoy the movie more than someone who's already a Star Wars fan.

She was able to connect with the new characters better than most of the other people I know who have seen it. She seemed to think the best part of the movie was the dynamic between Finn and Rey.
>>
>>64691586

Episode I does a lot for Obi-Wan, even if it doesn't do much for Anakin.

Considering that Obi-Wan is in ALL SIX MOVIES, as are Anakin, R2, and 3PO, I think Episode I's got a place in the saga.
>>
>>64692757
>I mean what else can they do that would make sense?
Have him become a badass.
>>
File: kunite2.png (747KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
kunite2.png
747KB, 1920x1080px
>>64688622
Return of the Jedi, but make sure to watch the remastered version for the Max Rebo Band.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyl3otdvXH4
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.