[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we all agree that while he didn't do a very good job

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 12

File: Anakin-Jedi.jpg (22KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Anakin-Jedi.jpg
22KB, 400x400px
Can we all agree that while he didn't do a very good job as Anakin, that Hayden Christensen isn't that bad of an actor? If anything, he just got incredibly crappy direction from fatfuck Lucas.

Hayden Christensen isn't a bad actor. George Lucas is just a shitty director.
>>
Should have had a black actor play him
>>
>>64685767
That would add a whole new meaning to "turning to the Dark Side".
>>
>>64685741
>Hayden Christensen isn't a bad actor

Except he is.
>>
>>64685741
He isn't that bad if you watch the prequels dubbed over.
>>
File: ctf.png (276KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
ctf.png
276KB, 1280x720px
>>64685907
Whenever an actor/actress gives a lame performance in a movie, 9/10 times it's usually the director's fault for not giving the actor proper direction since the director is either lazy, dumb, or both. If the actor really sucked then they wouldn't have cast him/her in the first place.
>>
>>64685907
how was he actually bad then? what's your evidence?
>>
>>64685907
even the CGI clone wars series anakin was a better actor.
>>
>>64686097
Fun Fact
The Boba Fett that was in AOTC was the VA for Boba Fett in the Clone wars, He is also a decent age for a angsty teen bounty hunter flick XD
>>
>>64686097
That's because fatfuck Lucas wasn't the director of the CGI Clone Wars series.
>>
>>64686097
If tcw anakin replaced Hayden Anakin, ep. 2 and 3 would've been much less cringeworthy
>>
>>64685741

Be hayden

assume one of the biggest roles in cinema with massive expectations

Imagine having no real sets, nothing present to immerse you in the star wars setting

Literal green and blue screens everywhere all the fucking time

Some fat old guy sipping coffee and always sitting is yelling at you

You have zero say cause you're a newish actor

You do what you're told cause role of a lifetime

Acting comes across as mechanical fake and forced

Deal with people mocking you and blaming you for ruining a franchise

YFW
>>
>>64686039
This. Hayden-haters can never explain themselves, they just regurgitate popular normie sentiment.
>>
>>64686148
>XD
Here's a (You). Now fuck off forever.
>>
>>64685741
One thing I noticed during a rewatch of the entire series that I appreciate is that Hayden actually tries to imitate James Earl Jone's vocal inflections and David Prowse's body language. Hell, on Mustafar, with the exception of the "in my point of view" line, all you need to do is put him in a body suit and give him James's voice and he's pretty much EXACTLY Darth Vader. It's just a lot more awkward on a 20-something fit body.
>>
File: hamburgers.jpe.jpg (16KB, 328x252px) Image search: [Google]
hamburgers.jpe.jpg
16KB, 328x252px
>>64686163
If Matt Lanter replaced Hayden it wouldn't make a difference since fatfuck Lucas would have given him shitty direction like all the other actors in the prequels. Fuck, even Samuel L. Jackson gave a lame half-assed performance as Mace Dindu, and everybody still loves him.
>>
>>64685741
So what's his excuse in every other movie he's been in?
>>
>>64686166
Pretty much this. He got off to a bad start and never got a fair chance to improve his chops under a skilled directed. The character was poorly written.
Anakin's story should've started a much older age, like 25-29, and the actor playing him should've been older.
>>
>>64686185
>Now fuck off forever.
make me, bonehead.
>>
>>64686238
he was great in Shattered Glass
>>
>>64686234
You're probably right. Lucas fucked up the prequels. If Hayden had better direction and writing his career may not have been killed as soon as it started
>>
>>64686166
Jesus, Hayden must have struggled with some serious bouts of depression after the prequels. At least he's married and happy now.
>>
>>64686246
Make yourself faggot.
>>
from the point he chops off mace windus arm there is this desperation in his voice like he knows he fucked up but cant see anyway out but down
>>
>>64686238
He was great in Shattered Glass and was nominated for a Golden Globe for Life as a House. Both of these were before the prequels. Lucas singlehandedly ruined his career and now only third-rate hack directors hire him nowadays. That must have given him serious depression and cynicism, which further weakened his performances. You really gotta feel bad for the guy.
>>
>>64686227
No shit? Which scenes did you notice that in?
>>
>>64686348
no.
>>
>Implying "I HATE YOU!" was bad acting

The dude could be really expressive, especially when that expression was "I'm going to kill you."

Obviously he's not the greatest actor in the world but he definitely suffered from bad direction and his own inexperience.
>>
He and Ewan had one fantastic scene once Anakin's legs were cut off.
>>
>>64685741
this has been know for about ten years now...
>>
Damn I feel bad for Hayden now. I hope he's okay these days.
>>
>>64685741
why's he so qt bros?
>>
>>64685994
"This sucks! I hate the friend zone!"
>>
>>64685741
I've liked Hayden in many things, but his Ani period was fucking god-awful - whoever you blame it on. It's hard to see him as anything else now. All I can hear/see is that terrible performance bleeding through.
>>
>>64687116
OP here. That was one of the few lines he delivered that actually was good and felt genuine. I agree with you. He just had the worst luck in being partnered with one of the shittiest directors ever.
>>
File: IMG_7095.gif (2MB, 375x336px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7095.gif
2MB, 375x336px
>>64687116
>yfw Hayden imagined George in Ewan's place for that scene.
>>
>>64685741
>George Lucas is just a shitty director

Yeah that explains that piece of shit A New Hope. Fuck off back to Reddit, Plinkett.
>>
>>64685907
But he was good in Shattered Glass imo. Lucas just didn't really give his actors what they needed to really do well.
>>
>>64687687
He's doing ok. Most of the roles he lands are crappy, but he's been happily married for 8 years with a daughter.
>>
>>64687687
Have you seen his wife? He's doing just fine.
>>
>>64685907
But Hayden Christensen was great in Outcast.
>>
>>64687116
>"you were my brother Anakin! I loved you."
Great scene. Hammy but good.
>>
>>64688239
it's nothing mind blowing, but idk what it is about the scene it really does get to me
>>
>>64687982
The reason why A New Hope was good is because he had a ton of people who actually knew what they were doing when it came to filmmaking to make sure Lucas didn't derail the whole thing. If you look at some of Lucas's original ideas for A New Hope and the original trilogy, it looked just as bad if not worse than the prequels. For example, the original script was over-saturated and cluttered with exposition about space politics. Also, according to Lucas, C-3PO wasn't supposed to sound Posh. Instead, Lucas said that 3PO was originally supposed to sound like "a used car salesman." Whatever the fuck that means.

Meanwhile, the prequels sucked ass because Lucas only hired a bunch of yes men and didn't tolerate any criticism. His head was so far up his ass that he couldn't tell how horrible of a director he had become.

A New Hope, and the entire Star Wars franchise for that matter, wasn't built by one man alone. Think about that rather than spouting "LOL FUCK OFF BACK TO REDDIT" next time. Otherwise, you can fuck off back to /r9k/ with all the other retards like you.
>>
>>64688239
>>64688301
The line was kinda corny, but Ewan at least gave it good delivery.
>>
>>64688406

Great post my good sir! Upvoted!
>>
>>64688431
When he says that you can feel that he means it when he sounds close to tears.

Compare that to "killing younglings"

Same with Hayden's whole rant about killing the Tuskan Raiders. To me It didn't hit the same mark as a simple and almost demonic sounding "I HATE YOU" yelled at Obi-Wan.

Actors when directed well can turn a silly line into something special and not just into a meme or phrase to be made fun of.
>>
>>64688662
Thank you.
>>
>>64688713
>Actors when directed well can turn a silly line into something special and not just into a meme or phrase to be made fun of.
Exactly. Not every line in a script has to be witty and clever. Sometimes even the most simple lines of dialogue can be great depending on their delivery from actors. This is why I fucking hate autists who only care about screenplay.
>>
File: anakin.png (37KB, 1093x371px) Image search: [Google]
anakin.png
37KB, 1093x371px
He's hot and I liked how he played Anakin.
>>
This is also how I feel about Yoda.

In the Prequel movies he looks less like an obvious puppet sure but the tradeoff is that he sounds bland and boring.

And this isn't just the "For My Ally is The Force" scene. I'm actually thinking of when he's trying to keep Luke from leaving Dagobah.

Him in the PT and him in the OT don't feel like the same Yoda especially in emotion and tone and delivery.
>>
>>64688406
Yeah I've already heard the "but Lucas didn't really make A New Hope, it was a bunch of other people! But he did really make the prequels and that's why they suck!" argument. The fact is that he is the director and writer of ANH and the prequel trilogy. You can come up with any rationalization you want for why you love ANH but hate the prequels but they are all decent but not great space opera movies and the only reason people say "George Lucas is a shitty director" is because they want to have a clear scapegoat rather than admit that their beloved movies aren't all that great. Also, how about citing or linking these supposed original scripts instead of just telling me what they supposedly say? Even presuming that Lucas' original vision for ANH was highly edited and that's why it's good, you also need to prove that the prequels were in fact his original vision and not edited because of "yes men" because the only proof I've seen of this are five second behind the scenes clips taken out of context and used in Plinkett reviews. Lastly, I love that you mention that Lucas' original vision for ANH had space politics in it, as if that's a bad thing. That's possibly the dumbest criticism of the prequels. Why don't you watch Star Trek (the original series and A New Hope) or read Foundation or Dune. "Space politics" can be very interesting and anyone who says otherwise just wants to watch explosions on big screens.
>>
>>64689615
He was desperate for Luke to succeed in the OT.

In the prequels he was king of the castle and thought he could take people like Anakin for granted
>>
>>64689923
Yeah I get that but I'm saying that Yoda and most of the Jedi besides Obi and Anakin are just monotone-sounding in those movies.
>>
>>64686227
>tries to imitate James Earl Jone's vocal inflections

I think that's why people think he sounds wooden. I mean, he was wooden, but what makes it worse is that a lot of the time, he's trying to sound like Darth Vader, which is awkward coming out of the mouth of a whiney teenager.
>>
>>64688049

>Shattered Glass

This is the only movie I ever see anyone point to in his defense. Has he ever been not shit in anything else?
>>
>>64689615
>Him in the PT and him in the OT don't feel like the same Yoda especially in emotion and tone and delivery.

That's because Lucas literally turned Yoda into a cartoon character in the prequels. Aside from the CGI and fanservice shit like the lightsaber fight, Lucas flanderized the way Yoda talked so much it came off as comical. I actually saw a breakdown of Yoda's syntax by movie once and it was really interesting. In the OT, Yoda doesn't talk backwards as much as people think (in ESB, it mostly happened when he was pretending to be crazy), and it usually made sense. In the prequels, he talks backwards all the time, and usually in a forced and awkward way.
>>
>>64689916
Read "The Secret History of Star Wars."

Lucas is a shitty director. He's admitted numerous times that he's a bad writer and sucks at giving direction to actors. And Lucas's original vision of ANH was a gigantic mess. A few days before filming, Lucas took his script to some screenwriter friends and had them revise it because he was nervous about it, and then he made further revisions during filming. The original cut of movie (made according to Lucas's notes) was terrible, and it took a team of editors, including George's wife, to make it watchable. There's a reason he decided to be hands-off for Empire.
>>
>>64690737
I'll consider reading that, thanks.
>>
>>64686166
He should said fuck Lucas and wing it in rots. He'd be harder to replace them.
>>
>>64685741
Yeah pretty much.
>>
File: single glass.jpg (32KB, 409x393px) Image search: [Google]
single glass.jpg
32KB, 409x393px
>>64685793
>>
File: Order 66 - Ki.webm (2MB, 640x272px) Image search: [Google]
Order 66 - Ki.webm
2MB, 640x272px
The prequels had plenty of good acting. The writing just didn't serve them well.
>>
>>64691862
Ewan was pretty much the only actor who came out of that mess looking good, and he was basically chewing the scenery by the end.
>>
File: 1370861121084.png (731KB, 949x528px) Image search: [Google]
1370861121084.png
731KB, 949x528px
>>64691862
>good acting
>charge into battle with lightsaber over your head.
>mfw
>>
>>64685741
No, the actual concept of his character was decent
He was a fucking terrible actor, he sounded like a high school student acting in a school project
>>
>>64686015
He wasn't terrible in every single scene, but his worst moments are 100% his fault.
He was incapable of doing simple things like project his voice
The awkward padme moments can be blamed on George, but his terrible dramatic acting is completely his fault
>>
File: 1448399300542.png (1MB, 680x499px) Image search: [Google]
1448399300542.png
1MB, 680x499px
>>64689916
>>
>>64685741
>Can we all agree that while he didn't do a very good job as Anakin
We cant.
>>
It's what happens when you can't immerse yourself in the set and just stare at green screens
>>
>>64691918
that was the fucking writing you fuckwit

It was probably fat fuck lucas telling you to put the lightsaber over your head, and since you are wearing a skin-tight green spandex outfit, and holding a sensor in your hand, it doesn't look bad
>>
>>64685741
>he didn't do a very good job as Anakin
Hello reddit!
>>
>>64691862
Did no one among the Jedi knew that the clones can easily turn on them?
>>
>>64688431
If you have nothing to say dont post
>>
>>64689272
You know when it's laid out all bare like that with none of the dramatics
You can actually feel for anakin and prob would do the same shit he did.

Also question, if obiwan hadn't chopped off all of vader's limbs, do you think he would've overthrown the emperor? Did sheev even teach him anything?
>>
>>64692911
jedis are not bright, since they are hippies with lightsabers
>>
>>64692852
Sick memepost bro.
>>
>>64690501
Yeah, it's kinda one of those "one step forward, two steps backward" cues that Hayden had to follow. If anything it was probably fatfuck Lucas's idea to have Hayden try to imitate James Earl Jones and it came out pretty good half the time and awkward the other half.
>>
Well even fucking Christopher Lee sucks in these movies. It's all George's fault.
>>
>>64693688
>>64685741
>>64685907
>>64688431
The thing is, all the actors were underutilized for their ability. Every. Single. One. We have oscar noms in the casts but yet everyone of them cant give a solid performance? Its not their fault. Blame George.

Look at what jj did with his nobody actors.

ITS ALL ABOUT THE WRITING PEOPLE.
>>
>>64692384
1.4MB for that shit picture?
instal kill 'yoself
>>
>>64685741
After having watched Sith again, Hayden's acting before Anakin and Obi Wan fight is literally perfect. But it's on accident.
Anakin tries to tell Padme that he's doing it all for her, but at that point he's really just angry and greedy, taking as much power as he can for his own desires. The way Christensen delivers these lines fit so well, but it's because every line he delivered was fake and empty, just like Anakin's words.
>>
is he the same guy from Jumper ?
>>
File: raughs.jpg (56KB, 800x804px) Image search: [Google]
raughs.jpg
56KB, 800x804px
>>64687940
>>
>>64687982
But he is. He is a genious visionaire, great businessman and producer, good writer, meh dialogue writer and bad director.
>>
>>64693786
>ITS ALL ABOUT THE DIRECTING PEOPLE.
FTFY. You can have the best written screenplay ever and give it to a third-rate hack director like fatfuck Lucas or the Wachowskis and they'll find some way to magically fuck everything up.
>>
>>64694199
Yes.
>>
>>64694323
Fucking this. Lucas has good ideas, but he has no idea what the fuck to do with them.
>>
>>64689615
>Him in the PT and him in the OT don't feel like the same Yoda especially in emotion and tone and delivery.
Well no shit. Because nothing really happened in the Ep3 that caused him to exile himself to Dagobah.
>>
>>64685741

didnt know he was actually the same age as natalie in ep 2. thought he was literally still teenage
Thread posts: 90
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.