[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>In an early scene in Star Wars: The Force Awakens, Han Solo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 9

File: sta.png (783KB, 965x839px) Image search: [Google]
sta.png
783KB, 965x839px
>In an early scene in Star Wars: The Force Awakens, Han Solo and his newest protégé, Rey, prepare to fight a collection of Storm Troopers. Han hands her a blaster. “You might need this,” he says. Rey shoots him an are-you-kidding-me look. “I think I can handle myself,” she says. Han shoots back: “That’s why I’m giving it to you.”
>Aaaaaand there it is. With that brief exchange, the big questions about the new Star Wars and women—would there, uh, be any? Would the film find a way to update Leia’s (in)famous bikini? Would the franchise, under J.J. Abrams, give audiences a female character they can finally feel un-weird about liking?—got its answer. Rey, the tantalizingly de-surnamed woman played by the Hollywood newcomer Daisy Ridley, may have been dubbed “Star Wars’s first female protagonist,” but that isn’t strictly correct: The franchise has had its Leias and its Padmes.
>What Rey is, however, is Star Wars’s firstfeminist protagonist. No distressing damsel, she’s instead a fighter and a survivor and a nurturer and an all-around badass. She may fit the trope-happy cliches of Hollywood lady-ry—the “empowered woman,” the Strong Female Lead—but she’s also something both simpler and more meaningful: a fully realized character. Rey is a woman who refuses to be defined as one.

Thoughts on this, lads?
>>
File: daisy rei star wars zero curves.jpg (1MB, 2048x2526px) Image search: [Google]
daisy rei star wars zero curves.jpg
1MB, 2048x2526px
>>64679816
>Rey is a woman who refuses to be defined as one.
they got that right since she has less curves than a refrigerator
>>
They're right.

Rey is the best female protagonist in decades.
>>
>>64679896
Posting pictures of young boys is against the rules anon
>>
>>64679896
>>64679896

> I care about curves

Freak off
>>
File: BIG.jpg (18KB, 443x332px) Image search: [Google]
BIG.jpg
18KB, 443x332px
>strong female character
>must automatically be a feminist
Im out
>>
>>64679816
Did they miss the scene where she fucks up and fumbles the blaster by trying to shoot it with the safety on? Han was right to give her advice
>>
File: fag.gif (126KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
fag.gif
126KB, 720x480px
>>64679957
>>
>character doesnt treat women like shit

OBVIOUSLY HES A FEMINIST SUPPORTER OF WOMENS RIGHTS! SCORE ANOTHER ONE FOR WOMYN EVERYWHERE.
>>
>>64679816
Star Wars is gay.
>>
>>64679816

>The whole fucking article how she is a woman and how great it is that she is such a strong woman. Woman woman woman. Women.

>But the most important thins is she is not defined by being a woman!

Fucking feminists.
>>
>>64679816
>Rey is a woman who refuses to be defined as one.

All anyone ever talks about regarding Rey, whether they're for her or against her, is the fact that she's a woman. Including this very article. Rey is a woman who is defined solely by being a woman.
>>
>>64680341
Careful anon, applying logic to feminist statements is equal to rape.
>>
>>In an early scene in Star Wars: The Force Awakens, Han Solo and his newest protégé, Rey, prepare to fight a collection of Storm Troopers. Han hands her a blaster. “You might need this,” he says. Rey shoots him an are-you-kidding-me look. “I think I can handle myself,” she says. Han shoots back: “That’s why I’m giving it to you.”
To me that line sounded more like Han was telling her she was way in over her head.
>>
>>64679957
Low test transgender bitch

kill yourself
>>
>>64679816
look at the picture gentlemen. she is holding a 4-ft long black cock, grimacing like she's taking cock in the ---, orgasm face black guy behind her, sex explosion in the background, little peach/flesh-tone white guy robot watching on helpless. Sorry that's just the way it is... this is written by someone with very little tolerance for, and minimal knowledge of, the usual conspiracy theory stuff……. this fact is just something you have to face and accept if we're agreeing on the premise that filmmakers use symbolism. Do you think filmmakers use symbolism? or are films just pretty pictures, and books just fancy words? well here's a pic of a white girl getting steamrolled by a black guy while a cuck droid watches, and it's more cut and dry than anything in Citizen Kane. disagree? then youre either a dope or you have some sort of ideology that won't allow you to see it

Nothing about high-level film-making is accidental, nothing about a 10 billion dollar movie that the whole country is going to see is accidental. it's not my business what you do with this information, you can delve deep into conspiracy theory, or you and your wife can start taking refugees in your home, whatever, drive to oregon with canteens and rations and other stuff, whatever you want to do, but the factual information that you cant argue with is that some people with a lot of money and country-wide influence and an indirect link to the minds of everyone's children, Want You To Think About White Girls And You Know What (the thing in her hand in every shot), and the subjugation of White Masculinity into little rolling bouncing baby balls. that is an unbiased take that anyone with a brain and a rudimentary understanding of film/entertainment should be able to see.
>>
>>64679816
Why did they try to add humor to this movie? All the jokes were terrible and predictable
>>
>>64679957
>freak off

quality b8 anon
>>
>>64681834

Cucking is after all a fetish that's going around wealthy lefty circles at this time (see: Jew ones)
>>
>>64679816
>badass

Christ, I hate that word more than anything now.
>>
Rey is alright but when some tryhard internet blog writes about her as some beacon of feminism, it immediately makes it irrevocably tacky and cringe to even think that she is

I'm not an idiot, I'll decide for myself if something speaks a positive message for women

Really wish we got rid of all these undesirables latching onto to entertainment of all things and politicizing it
>>
>RLM talk about this fucking movie for 9 months straight
>movie comes out
>sluggish tired 3 am review
>"Yeah its great"
>literally silence since
>no discussion WHATSOEVER about how fucking mary sue-ish Rey is
>>
File: 1331660197207.jpg (57KB, 500x373px) Image search: [Google]
1331660197207.jpg
57KB, 500x373px
How was Leia a damsel in distress? She probably killed more stormstroopers than Han or Luke on the DeathStar.

Han was the one who got taken hostage in Empire and put on Jabba's fucking wall as decoration.
>>
>>64679816
>Rey is a woman who refuses to be defined as one
The fuck does that even mean?
>>
>>64681376

I haven't seen the movie so that's the impression I got as well. In what way does a "are-you-kidding-me look" make her into some feminist icon?

>>64681939
>Cucking is after all a fetish that's going around wealthy lefty circles at this time (see: Jew ones)

Which means it will hit the general populace real soon. Possibly under the guise of "open relationships".
>>
File: 1448647157717.jpg (34KB, 408x385px) Image search: [Google]
1448647157717.jpg
34KB, 408x385px
>>64683547
>$11,631.73
>>
>>64683465
Yeah, its really played out, when grandmothers say it, yeah.

I really hope feminists go all in on Rey and when she inevitably gets captured and put in a sexy costume they can throw up in their seats.
>>
>>64679816
>female character
>ITS FEMINISM AT WORK
good thing the internet isn't real
>>
File: 1431040740669.jpg (96KB, 800x437px) Image search: [Google]
1431040740669.jpg
96KB, 800x437px
>>64679816
>Star Wars’s first feminist protagonist
>fighter and a survivor and a nurturer and an all-around badass
This is what feminists actually believe.
>>
>>64679816
Women being great doesn't bother me. Women being great drawing deliberate attention to their womanhood being what makes them great bothers me. Women being great because they defy gender roles in their setting bothers me.

Nothing like that happens in Star Wars. There's nothing wrong with Rey and she is in no way a feminist icon. She is what feminists wish they can be and the only reason they don't bitterly denounce her as "unrealistic" is because men vocally hated her first so they're just being contrary.
>>
>>64683575
it's a feminist buzzword what do you expect
>>
>>64681834
>thinking they could tell her to make a face "like you're taking cock" and she would actually get it right
>implying that she made other faces in the movie
>>
>>64683656

>There's nothing wrong with Rey
>>
>>64683594
It means Chewbacca will make her look feminine in the next movie.
>>
>>64681834
hello, sam
>>
doesn't show feet, i dont care about her
>>
File: 389.jpg (47KB, 612x613px) Image search: [Google]
389.jpg
47KB, 612x613px
>>64683656
>There's nothing wrong with Rey
She brings down an otherwise enjoyable movie with her annoying omnicompetence that becomes flat out immersion breaking when she starts teaching herself the force an hour after learning it was real.
>>
>tfw feminists' ideal woman is basically a man
>tfw the patriarchy literally can't be beaten
>>
Does anyone have that pic that shows the similarities between episode IV and VII ?
>>
>>64683547

They passed the baton to Max Landis.

After the TFA review I unsubscribed from their channel and started following Max on Twitter.
>>
>>64683547
>9 months straight

What, they released like four TFA videos, does your autism warp time or something?
>>
>>64683575
She was in ANH and RotJ for a part of each movie. Thing is as soon as she was rescued she then proceeded to kick major ass.
>>
>>64679816
Leia strangled the galaxy's biggest shitlord misogynist to death, this bitch just bullied some /r9k/ poster faggot around a little.
>>
>>64683791
>otherwise enjoyable

tell that to kanjiklub!
>>
File: Frank, Denis and Jack Bauer.jpg (58KB, 854x579px) Image search: [Google]
Frank, Denis and Jack Bauer.jpg
58KB, 854x579px
>>64683947
>>
>>64683835

>and star wars commentaries
>and Best of the worst SW Xmas
>and dumb little trailer reactions

Youre acting like 4+ videos isnt 3/4 of a year worth of content for current RLM
>>
>>64679896
Oh shit dude i laughed
>>
>>64683846

She was captured, but she was never a damsel in distress. All she needed was someone to open the damn door so she could get herself out of there. Likewise, in RotJ, she was entirely responsible for "rescuing" herself - she was the one who took out the lights in the sail barge, casting it into confusion and giving her time to strangle Jabba and break the chain holding her to him.
>>
>>64679816
Leia was never really a "damsel in distress" imo though. Both times she gets captured be the empire, in ANH and ESB, it's because Vader, the most powerful villain in the Galaxy is there. Not even Han Solo could face him.

In ANH when they "rescue" her from the detention center, the get pinned down and she ends up saving them by grabbing Luke's blaster and blowing up the vent. Then she holds her own against storm troopers while Luke is fiddling with his belt rope.

And as for the bikini thing, she fucking let herself get captured as part of their stupid elaborate plan. She still kills jabba all in her own. What's the problem with looking sexy while doing it? I thought feminists were against slut shaming?

Rey is problematic, because she shows no flaws and disregards team work: a very important theme in the OT which I think is a good lesson for any gender.
>>
I don't remember Padme being much of a damsel in distress.
>>
>>64685631
She wasn't anything and hardly even a character.
>>
>>64683547
>review of The Hateful Eight
>Jay: It was great. It was everything I hoped it would be. :)

They're trolling the shit out of all you and I love it.
>>
>>64684760
Which is why I'm hoping she gets the shit kicked out of her in episode 8 so she'll actually have an arc and something to learn from.

Remember, she beat Kylo Ren after he was emotionally and physically unstable. If he is more in tune with the Sith by episode 8, Rey is going to get fucked and will actually have to work hard to be a hero.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.