[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

discuss

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5

File: discuss.jpg (266KB, 1008x1494px) Image search: [Google]
discuss.jpg
266KB, 1008x1494px
discuss
>>
"we're gonna have to reddit the sh*t out of this"

-the martian writer on writing the martian
>>
>>64677417
If you ever need to explain to someone what is and is not reddit, show them this flick.
>>
was ok, great visuals but no rewatch value
>>
>>64677520
>>64677445

How's it reddit? The happy ending?
>>
>>64677445
>I'll try writing pirate-ninja. That's a good joke.
>I'll create a Astronaut character with the humor of a 3rd grader. That's good character development
>I'll treat other character in the book the same. This is a great cast.
>>
>>64677586
I haven't seen the movie but read the book.

I remember hearing a lot of the horrible humor was removed, but there was still a lot of it left.

It's basically reddit the book, so it's bound to be reddit the movie.
>>
using reddit as an insult is like using quirky as a supposed legitimate descriptor for a movie

kill yourselves
>>
Just watched this 5 min. ago. I don't understand the hype for this. It was mediocore at best. Actually it was kind of shit. I thought there wasn't enough emotional scene after his seperation from his crew members. Too predictable. And besides space-disco isn't my thing
>>
literally the most reddit movie of all time
>>
File: martian.jpg (77KB, 680x478px) Image search: [Google]
martian.jpg
77KB, 680x478px
>>64677417
>we're making a space film, what kind of cast do you want?
>who did nolan use again?
>>
>>64677417
Read the book.

There is no character arc, and you start to realize this halfway through, just waiting for the next disaster that he's easily going to get out of, because he's perfect.

The writer even said that he wrote Watney basically by writing himself.

Sure, it's impressive all the technical details, but it's repetitive and boring.
>>
one of those scripts that were already written with the trailer quips in mind
>>
Yeah nice visuals and all. But he's a bigger Mary Sue than Rey
>>
>>64677767
> it's impressive all the technical details
Why? He knows about space, okay.

I don't even mind the story arc. What bothers me is that every single character is exactly the same, and every single character sucks. They probably all posted on the space subreddit and NASA hired them because of how highly their posts were rated.
>>
i cannot stop laughing at how much the website reddit influenced the making of this movie. It's literally a movie designed for people who love reddit
>>
good movie, tv hates it
as expected.
>>
>>64677936
it is a mediocre flick at best
>>
>>64677767
>e writer even said that he wrote Watney basically by writing himself.

GARY STU
A
R
Y

S
T
U
>>
>>64677753
KEK

RIDLEY IS A SENILE OLD HACK
>>
>>64677977
ok, I'll grant you that, i have a bias towards sci-fi
still bothers me to see all the circlejerking over how reddit it was

not really sure what I expected though
>>
A 2 hour long commercial for NASA staring Dr. Mann and MUUUUURRPH.
>>
File: martian.jpg (108KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
martian.jpg
108KB, 1920x1080px
>>64677977
This tbqh

Also turned pretty boring halfway through.
>>
McGuyver reboot when?
>>
REDDIT
E
D
D
I
T
>>
>>64678098

It is in no way a commercial for Nasa anon
>>
wait so can someone explain to me what a reddit movie means. Yes i get your all super net savvy but please break it down for me.

When I saw the movie i liked it. But like space genra a lot. Got super excited at curiosity making an appearance and the vistas of mars where awesome.
But I found it painfully formulaic and sort of soft. And the ending, fuck me, how much did NASA pay for that add??

all said i still really like it and would recommend it. you know what your getting into form one trailer shot and it does just that. Unlike another big space movie i can think of.
>>
>>64677977
>flick

It's a cinerama
>>
>>64678617
Reddit humor is basically very cheap, obvious, low-brow humor. Puns, play-on-words, constant references to "nerd" culture (pirates, ninjas, I Fucking Love Science, atheism, quoting movies, quoting black people), and making fun of Buzzfeed/9gag.

Go to Reddit right now. The top of the page, there is a picture called "Baby Got Back" of a baby imprint on the back of a woman's shirt. Look at the comments. The first comment is "Quaid....start the reactor." That's a Total Recall reference. Not particularly clever, obvious, but everyone gets it at laughs because they've totally seen Total Recall and want everyone else to know.

The next top comment: Back got baby. He just switched the words around.
>>
The whole concept of "outer space" needs to be done away with. It's really an 18th century sci-fi concept that people have clung to because of people like Richard Dorkins and the rest of the "Science, HUZZAH!" crowd. NASA knows this and that's why it's putting how shitty films like this.
>>
>>64677753
>t
her tits look great in that
>>
>>64678804
holy shit you are right.
>>
File: 1443473748417.png (793KB, 559x828px) Image search: [Google]
1443473748417.png
793KB, 559x828px
>>
Reddit-tier. Also that fan service for the Chinese Market.
>Western rocket technology is shit. Chinese -made is the future now.
>>
File: 1444845041094.gif (3MB, 406x300px) Image search: [Google]
1444845041094.gif
3MB, 406x300px
>>64679894
???
>>
>>64677586
>I'M A SPACE PIRATE XDDD
>LET'S CALL OURSELVES THE COUNCIL OF ELROND. SEAN BEAN HAHAHA
>MEME MUSIC, THUMBS UP
>>
>>64678804
You're actually right

https://www.reddit.com/r/funny/comments/407ob5/baby_got_back/

Those fucking comments
>>
>>64680218
is there any mashup of this and bane
>>
>>64677445
>>64677586
>>64677589
and that fucking crying mob on time sqare and global? over one being? fuckoff

though, media showed, he can make that (Je suis charly, syrian anchor kid, migrants wilkommen), it still makes me cringe
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.