[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cameron Fags BTFO

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: based.jpg (76KB, 578x409px) Image search: [Google]
based.jpg
76KB, 578x409px
Star Wars Breaks Chinese Box Office Records:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2016/01/09/box-office-star-wars-the-force-awakens-scores-huge-32m-opening-day-in-china/
>>
V
A
T
A
R
D
SUICIDE WATCH
>>
>>64664498
All thanks to pre sales.
it will flop very hard in China just wait & see
>>
>>64664498
>TFA: $32 million opening day
>Furious 7: $68 million opening day

Both you and Forbes are fucking delusional.
>>
Ching Chang Wing Wong
>>
>>64664498
So fucking what you dumb disney shill.
>>
>>64664704
Wasn't Star Wars banned in China until recently?
>>
>>64664498
tell me more you cuck piece of shit, tell how its going to earn another billion to get close to titanic, how is your lung cancer going ?
>>
File: Cameron.png (232KB, 540x360px) Image search: [Google]
Cameron.png
232KB, 540x360px
>>64664498
>breaks records
>3rd highest opening
That's not how you break a record, dumbass
>>
>>64664498

That's fine and dandy, Chong Iger, but you've still got a long way to go.
>>
>>64664670
why do you do this to yourself?
>>
>>64664796
Both Titanic and Avatar were released twice, padding there numbers. Disney can't do that with TFA because it would compete with they're own upcoming films.

Thus is the genius of James Cameron.
>>
>>64664954
Films need to be very successful to be re-released in the first place, Gone With The Wind got re-released again and again for years because it was so damn popular.

So if anything it's further proof of box office success, not a cheat.
>>
Doesn't it still need half a billion or so to take the world-wide record?
>>
>>64664793
Yes. A New Hope only had a premiere there this year, and met an icy reception. It just doesn't have the cultural foothold in China that it has in America, Europe, Japan, etc.

If you want to see a legitimate cultural phenomenon travel from West to East, you need to see how China reacted to the Iron Man films. For some reason Tony Stark and his armoured suit really, REALLY struck a chord with them, especially in Hong Kong.
>>
File: box office.png (11KB, 660x182px) Image search: [Google]
box office.png
11KB, 660x182px
>>64665096
It needs over a billion more to bear Avatar
>>
>>64665236
The Japanese influence with Kamen Riden and various mech show, I guess.
>>
>>64665096
make that a billion you piece of kike shit.
>>
>>64665236
I went there over the summer and they seemed to really like Big Hero 6 even though everyone in the west has already forgotten it.
>>
>>64665391
They really love robots and powered mechs. Just look at how well Pacific Rim did over there.

If the idiots at Disney hadn't torched the old Star Wars EU down to the ground for featuring too many white male protagonists, they could have filled this new film with cool shit like Darktroopers that would have really appealed to the Asian market.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.