[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DURIN'S BANE??

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: image.png (410KB, 748x528px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
410KB, 748x528px
DURIN'S BANE??
>>
i just watched this movie. the extended edition is so good, i fucking love the fellowship.

but now that im older, i can sort of see why chris tolkein doesn't like them. there's way too much unneeded action in these films
>>
>>64663984

Chris Tolkien is a shit who hates everything. I rewatched the extended trilogy and it's chock-full of "look at this cool new set piece" moments and "look at these cool races and stuff" moments. Much more so than would be tolerable in other films.
>>
>>64663786
He's pretty big
>>
what a hothead
>>
You don't get to bring wizards
>>
>>64663786
He looks like he could start a fire
>>
1 > 2 > 3
If you disagree, you are wrog.
>>
lotta loyalty for a hired valaraukar
>>
>>64664799
They're literally the same movie.
>>
>>64664858
actually, no.
Explain.
>>
>>64664879
It's the same fucking movie cut into three parts.
>>
>>64664879
It's three parts of a continuous story. It's split up because nobody on Earth would sit in a movie theatre for 9 hours.
>>
>liking LOTR more than the Hobbit

Gee, it sure is reddit here
>>
>>64664980
The I really liked the beginning. The middle part was alright. The last third sucked
>>
>>64664980
first of all, 'movie' is not a word
second, they are in fact three separate films
>>
>>64665027
cool bait, I'll use it later
>>
File: 1416687614516.png (196KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1416687614516.png
196KB, 900x900px
>>64665050
>first of all, 'movie' is not a word
>>
>>64665027
hello reddit!
>>
>>64665028
I disagree, the last third was on par with the second movie but slightly less comfy than the first one.

Don't tell me the Ride of the Rohirrim doesn't bring a tear to your even today anon.
>>
>>64664066
Yeah, I thought he was being crabby with the LOTR but I feel as if the Hobbit justified his position, I seriously doubt the Silmarillion will ever be adapted now.
>>
>>64665292
the ride of the Rohirrim was pretty glorious, I have to admit.
The rest of the it? Meh.
The battle wasn't that great (where were the Easterlings, btw?). I even thought helm's deep had better atmosphere.
The army of the dead was a total joke. I also had high hopes for the final battle: fought from three hills in the books, a glorious last stand. Disappointing, too.
The Olphaunts and the Ride of the Rohirrim were great and there were a few scenes that were memorable, too, but as a whole, it was just one long battle. It was better than the last hobbit film, but the weakest of the Lord of the Rings trilogy.
>>
Was there a better time for /tv/ than lotr shit posting? Was comfy as fuck; elegant memes for a more civilzed age.
>>
>>64665478

Even Viggo Mortensen commented on how Fellowship was by far the best film, and how Hackson let loose his autism in Two Towers and them ore noticeably on RoTK.

The Hobbit wasnt really that radical, one could foresee what was coming.

Hackson is surprisingly similar to Lucas, and both OT's and PT's rhyme like no other.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.