[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

> If The Lord of the Rings films were released today,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: lotr.jpg (788KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
lotr.jpg
788KB, 1920x1080px
> If The Lord of the Rings films were released today, /tv/ would call it shit
>>
It depends, would everything else be the same? or did you not think this through because you're upset someone made fun of your extremely entry level taste?
>>
>>64663434
can you imagine the sjw shitstorm? with the whole "black lives matters" background noise, a movie where all the bad guys have some connection with ""black" and the good guys have names like the "white wizard" wouldn't even be released

/pol/ and /tv/ would be hailing the White Man's last great stand against hollywood jews and sjws
>>
>>64663434
If The Lord of the Rings films were released today, Sam and Frodo would be a gay couple, Gandalf a muslim and Aragorn black. Boromir of course would stay the same.
>>
That's bullshit. TFA is mediocre at best and /tv/mblr hasn't shut the fuck up about it in months
>>
>>64663434
Well that's what it is. A massive turd for teenagers.
>>
>>64663503
please stop you fucking moron

the hobbit was literally released two years ago
>>
>>64664001
C-c-contrarian! ;_;
>>
>caring about /tv/s "opinions" on movies

many people here either ironically or unironically shill Miami Vice and Blackhat
>>
File: 1336885903297.png (48KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1336885903297.png
48KB, 500x500px
>>64663434
No, I just watched the Fellowship last night for the first time in like 7 years and it was great.

You're just a butthurt starwars redditor who can't cope with the fact that TFA was really bland and mediocre.

Also, the only people who would "hate" it would be the new age of vitriolic social justice warriors.

>uhhhh, like, I get that Tolkien's work is essentially a re-imaging of european folklore, by why aren't there any black people?!?!? where are the gay people and the proud PoCs! come on, it's 2016! it's time to inject non-europeans into everything tangentially related to europeans! current year!
>>
>>64664013
and now the orcs are fishbelly white

and random token niggers are scattered about lake town
>>
>>64664013
yeah.

and they made the main antagonist ork white.
>>
>>64664075
take it easy buddy
>>
>>64663503
Holy shit you cannot be this delusional

I hate SJWs as much as everyone but they don't have THAT much influence
>>
>>64664075
Somebody's ass blasted.
>>
>>64663434
kek.
/tv/ calls it shit anyway.
>>
>>64663434
When Return of the King released, oldfags actually liked it. Let me put that into perspective, a group of nerds disconnected enough to find 4chan pre "hackers on steroids" actually thought that the trilogy was good.

Actually, oldfags were split. While most did agree that it was fine adaptation and movie, it paled in comparison to the book and missed a lot of important details. The other assholes thought it was all Hollywood action bullshit...
>>
>>64663434
ROTK was mostly shit anyway.
>>
>>64663434
And if the hobbit was realeased when lotr did everyone would've liked it.
>>
>>64663434
>If The Lord of the Rings films were released today, /tv/ would claim the Hobbit films are better because they came out first
>>
File: 1451147363924.jpg (53KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
1451147363924.jpg
53KB, 512x384px
They were shit

They were shit then and they are shit now

Those movies were fucking boring, nothing but walking and EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU KNOWS IT TRUE
>>
>>64663434
>3 3hour long epics
>the book is longer and better anyway
What's the point of these movies even existing?
>>
>>64664310
How old are you?
>>
>>64664618
Go back to /a/ and watch some cartoons run with their arms behind their back for 45 minutes you fucking weaboo
>>
>>64663434
I called them shit when they were released. Check rec.arts.books.tolkien
>>
Keep lying to yourself, faggots
These films are good. All 3 of them.
>>
>>64665289
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.