[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the most JUST movie ever made? It has to be a movie

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 10

File: TheAvengers.jpg (36KB, 299x446px) Image search: [Google]
TheAvengers.jpg
36KB, 299x446px
What is the most JUST movie ever made?

It has to be a movie that was a complete shitshow during production, AND it has to have been a box office bomb, AND it has to have ruined at least one person's career.

I nominate pic related.
>>
File: Waterworld.jpg (28KB, 297x443px) Image search: [Google]
Waterworld.jpg
28KB, 297x443px
>>64662990
>>
File: Heaven'sGate1980.jpg (531KB, 988x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Heaven'sGate1980.jpg
531KB, 988x1500px
>>
fantastic four reboot
>>
>>64662990
But that didnt ruin anyones career
>>
File: jast.jpg (28KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
jast.jpg
28KB, 300x300px
>>64663322
>>
>>64662990

zyzzyx road aka $14 dollary doo road
>>
>>64663322
Yeah Cimino could do literally whatever he wanted after Deer Hunter and he released this piece of shit

It has a fantastic cast too, what a shame. Brad Dourif and Sam Waterston help any movie.
>>
>>64663488
Only domestic. It was never even supposed to be released in the USA, but they had to for tax purposes.
>>
>>64663322

Watch the Director's Cut, you pleb. It's a masterpiece and many critics have taken back what they've said about the movie after seeing it.

The correct answer to OP's question is Cutthroat Island. Everyone involved with that turd has never recovered.
>>
>>64662990
>JUST

I'm willing to bet you're underage
>>
>>64663322
>>64663522

Has anyone else seen Heaven's Gate? I've heard varying things about it. Some people think it's a bloated piece of shit, but some people think it's pretty good and people only thought it was bad because of bad press and issues with recutting. I've been meaning to watch it at some point, but don't really want to waste 3 hours on something that might be a big piece of shit.
>>
>>64663623

Again, watch the Director's Cut. It's magnificent.
>>
>>64663623
I saw it, I thought it was absolutely bloated. Went on for almost three hours to tell a story that should have been less than 2
>>
>>64663572
Whether you think it's a good movie or not is irrelevant, it was not only a career-destroying movie but a STUDIO destroying movie.
>>
>>64663389
It ruined Uma Thurman's career. Notice how no one but Tarantino ever casts her any more.
>>
>>64663572
Speaking of movies ruined by cuts, All the Pretty Horses is worth a mention in this thread.

It wasn't a disaster during production, but studio meddling and the resulting massive butthurt basically ruined what was probably a masterpiece. When Billy Bob Thornton originally edited the movie, it was around three hours long, and the studio got nervous about it flopping. So, the decided to cut more than an hour out of the movie and market it as an epic romance movie. Billy Bob was so butthurt, he didn't do any promotion, and still refuses to talk about releasing a director's cut. Matt Damon, who played the lead has said that the original cut was the best movie he's ever seen, and what happened to the final version made him lose faith in the studio system for a while. Daniel Lanois was so mad that the studio scrapped his original soundtrack for the movie, he refuses to do anything with it, or with movies in general.
>>
>>64662990
The Island of Dr. Moreau
>After being fired by the studio, original director Richard Stanley was rumored to have prevailed upon the makeup crew to turn him into one of the background mutants, so that he could at least keep tabs on the making of his dream project. He supposedly did not unmask himself until the wrap party.

>Val Kilmer frustrated director John Frankenheimer so much, that, after shooting Kilmer's last scene in the movie, Frankenheimer is alleged to have said: "Cut. Now get that bastard off my set."
>>
What does JUST mean? Is it a play on the just fuck my shit up?
>>
>>64663982

The documentary about this is so sad. Made me hate Val Kilmer.
>>
>>64664033
It's a play on just go back to reddit
>>
>>64662990
Young Uma Thurman in a leather catsuit, though...
>>
>>64664097
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.
>>
File: cant stop baneposting.webm (2MB, 960x519px) Image search: [Google]
cant stop baneposting.webm
2MB, 960x519px
>>64664033
>Is it a play on the just fuck my shit up?
Of corshe.
>>
File: gorilla warfare.png (615KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
gorilla warfare.png
615KB, 1920x1080px
>>64664216
>>
File: avengers.jpg (94KB, 525x598px) Image search: [Google]
avengers.jpg
94KB, 525x598px
>>64662990
Whose career did that ruin?

Funny how it's gained slight notoriety now, no one has ever heard of the show it's based on (which is pretty good by the way).
>>
>>64662990
Why is she literally dressed like Black Widow? Even the hair..
>>
>>64663382
even though the cast was shit for the characters, it was a watchable movie for like 30 minutes, mainly for the scenes when they get their powers then it went to shit so badly.
>>
>>64665257
>, no one has ever heard of the show
You're obviously a burger.
>>64665472
OK, that does kind of prove your point.
>>
>>64665528
>You're obviously a burger.
Nope. Even here in the UK nobody but a few old fogies would think of the show over the marvel movie when you mention The Avengers.
>>
>>64665528
I don't get it. It's called the avengers but I know it has fuck all to do with Marvel and The Avengers was an old TV show.. but then they have Uma looking exactly like Black Widow.
>>
File: triggered.jpg (16KB, 320x371px) Image search: [Google]
triggered.jpg
16KB, 320x371px
>>64665598
This makes me sad. Hold me anon.
>>
File: bad things really are.jpg (41KB, 550x512px) Image search: [Google]
bad things really are.jpg
41KB, 550x512px
>>64665650
>but then they have Uma looking exactly like Black Widow.
Please kill me. I don't want to live on this planet anymore.
>>
>>64665723
Black Widow the comic character was inspired by the old TV show of Umas character in this movie version? Ffs just tell me please
>>
uma looked good in leather
>>
>>64665770
>Black Widow the comic character was inspired by the old TV show of Umas character in this movie version? Ffs just tell me please
I don't fucking know. I doubt it as the avengers predates marvel. Do you honestly think Black Widow is the first woman in a catsuit?
>>
>>64665815
so why the fuck are you shocked by what I'm saying then and inserting a lefuturama.jpg reaction?
>>
>>64665896
Because you think Black Widow is more important than Emma Peel. This is too much for a sane person to bear.
>>
>>64662990
>>64663295
I like both of those movies.You are both retards and should die.
>>
>>64663982
Nigga, I saw the doc last night

>Everything about Brando
Infinite laughs
>>
>>64663572
>Cutthroat Island
>Matthew Modine
>The Anti-Hothead
>dead
>>
>>64666034
>>64665896
>>64665815
>>64665770
>>64665723
>>64665650
>>64665472
The character Emma Peel was famous for her skin-tight catsuit before Black Widow ever existed. So to say "she is dressed like Black Widow" is inaccurate. Though it is more accurate to say that both Emma Peel and Black widow are dressed like Catwoman (whom also wears a skin-tight suit). I'll go out on a limb and say that the term Catsuit even came about from some iteration of Catwoman.
>>
>>64663295
Waterworld actually did well in theaters, but just wasn't enough to gain back all the money spent to make it. It didn't even destroy Costner's career either. That was The Postman.
>>
File: 12926_av-582.jpg (15KB, 199x234px) Image search: [Google]
12926_av-582.jpg
15KB, 199x234px
>>64664216

I seriously can't believe people are still posting this years later...
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.