[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, Luke knows that Jedi Knights were hunted to extinction by

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 137
Thread images: 20

File: lukeskywalker.png (1003KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
lukeskywalker.png
1003KB, 1600x900px
So, Luke knows that Jedi Knights were hunted to extinction by the evil Empire because Ben Kenobi said this in ANH.
These two droids, also, are still trying to be found by the Empire - they were on the ship the empire took over in ANH and they were literally on Bespin when Vader took over. As far as I know, the Empire would still want them.
Wouldn't it be risky to send these two droids into the desert of tattooine, unaccompanied no less, considering we already know it has a huge Imperial presence from ANH? I recall that the stormtroopers massacred an entire Jawa sandcrawler and torched Beru and Lars looking for these exact droids.
Also why would he include the fact that he's a Jedi Knight on this message. If the Empire ever found this out...
>>
File: whynot.png (1MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
whynot.png
1MB, 1600x900px
And why not, exactly?
>>
Tatooine didn't actually have a huge imperial presence usually, right? They were there in ANH just to find the droids, otherwise it was an insignificant outer rim shitkicker planet still in the Hutt sphere of influence
>>
File: thiswholefight.png (1MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
thiswholefight.png
1MB, 1600x900px
>>64662914
I take issue with this.
So now, Luke is a trained full fledged Jedi Knight. We can see he is disciplined and he has obviously completed some of the training.
Yet, he does not use the force in ANY way against this creature (don't tell me that size matters - because Yoda says size matters not; judge me by my size, do you?)
He does not use the force in any way. Instead of pulling out his light saber, he picks up a goddamn bone. What the fuck is this? Even the rock he uses to hit the switch was thrown. He could have pressed it with the force. I find this VERY strange. This fight is basically entirely pointless. It seems like it's just more artificial tension added to try to make me care. But it's honestly really dumb when I think about it.

Also what was the point of Luke coming AFTER his droids? So far, his plan has had NOTHING to do with the fact that his droids came first. He could have come himself and everything would have panned out the exact same way as if his droids had come. What was honestly the point of his whole plan?
>>
>>64662767
R2 is smart enough to shut himself down if he was ever actually captured by the Empire.
C3P0 is a bitch who is never told important information in any case.
>>
File: yoda.png (1MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
yoda.png
1MB, 1600x900px
Star Wars so far as done this a lot. Introduce a character and quickly kill him off. Ben died in the same movie he was introduced. Yoda is talking about being sick and old and I guarantee you he'll die before the end of the movie. Boba Fett seemed like he wanted to be a more relevant character, but got taken out by Han Solo by accident.
>>
File: truth.png (1MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
truth.png
1MB, 1600x900px
I'm glad they added this scene of Yoda telling Luke that Darth Vader IS in fact his father. I honestly thought he was lying at the end of ESB. I figured he would say anything to get Luke to join his side... and something like this, he knew, would definitely fuck with Luke's head.
>>
>>64663098
Tbqh I don't think Lucas thought of the force the same way during the OT that he later did in the prequels where it came it easy as shit and convenient all purpose power that you can just use instantly at any time to do anything
It really seemed to be a lot less powerful in the OT requiring concentration and being very limited in usefulness
>>
>>64663552
I am definitely getting this feeling. I haven't seen these movies yet. But it seems like the force is way less overpowered (I think a lot of this has to do with video games). It seems here that even Yoda needed to concentrate and close his eyes to lift the X-Wing and maneuver it around yet in that stupid video game, Vader's new apprentice pulled that goddamn star destroyer from the atmosphere.
>>
File: pointofview.png (1MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
pointofview.png
1MB, 1600x900px
>What I told you was true, from a certain point of view.
This seems pretty convoluted. Was this actually the plan from the beginning?
>>
>>64663695
No. This is literally the scene were Star Wars was ruined.
>>
File: leia.png (1MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
leia.png
1MB, 1600x900px
>Leia! Leia is my sister!
Okay this is just stupid. Is this what counts as good storytelling? Introduce a bunch of characters from different backgrounds. Then, make them all part of the same family - that'll surprise and impress the audience!
What purpose does this serve? How does the story advance any further or better by making them twins? Like what is the point aside from making kids in the audience go :O? I honestly do not understand this.
>>
>>64663783
its called a space opera for a reason
>>
File: whatthefuck.png (2MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
whatthefuck.png
2MB, 1600x900px
Who the fuck is this woman lecturing everyone? Is Leia not still a princess (the princess of the Republic or Rebellion or whatever else?)
What the hell is going on here? I am actually confused.
Why would they also promote Lando to General (the highest military rank, essentially) to lead a bunch of troops into battle? Weren't there other Lieutenant Generals and Major Generals waiting for a promotion?
This is honestly just done to get Billy Dee Williams and his character more screen time.
>>
the point of it is to show jabba that he's a powerful person that Jabba might want to strike a deal with

that's why he first sends diplomats, then comes in person

of course luke could just come in swinging and level the whole place or call in his rebel buddies and attack the location but that's not jedi-like

he tries to be good about it and give jabba a chance to hand solo over, but also prepares in case he wouldn't do so

also bear in mind that the force gives characters vague future seeing powers so he probably through meditation saw how things would generally go down in vague terms
>>
>>64663783
Well it destroys any further development of a love triangle
Like literally leia is hans now the end
>>
>>64663862
Id assume the rebel alliance doesnt have strict chain of command
Its called a rebel alliance. As in its made up of many factions. Lando could be a general in his own faction
>>
>>64663929
That's true. There was probably a less convoluted way to do it (for example, not having a pointless love triangle at all in the first place).

>>64663902
Well actually no, that's not true. Because as soon as he comes in, he tries to use his mind trick to force Jabba to give up his friends. And then after, he completely decimates Jabba's army.
I still think his plan was pretty poorly conceived.
>>
>>64664000
I could see them giving Lando a high position, he WAS the governor or whatever of Cloud City which iirc was a somewhat powerful political and economical entity, so he brought a new system into the rebel fold
>>
>>64664108
Got you, that's right. I'll accept that.
They also, however, made Han a general and it seems as though everyone has forgotten about Leia being a princess. She seemed to actually be the leader of the Rebellion in ANH. She is also still up for execution by the Empire and I'd also wager that escaping from prison is a crime.
>>
>>64664017

like I said, he first tries the diplomatic approach

he gives jabba a chance to hand solo over (by first sending in droids, then coming in person), he refuses, he tries a mind trick, doesn't work and then he tries violence

he doesn't just show up and start mowing people down like a sith would
>>
>>64662767
>huge Imperial presence
I thought the Imperials were there only because they were chasing the blockade runner and it led them there.
>>
>>64663552
And then TFA took everything to an unprecedented level.
>>
>>64663098
iirc he didn't have his lightsaber at that point in the film. He probably dropped/lost it when he fell down into the Rancor pit, or more likely he never had it to begin with, since he knew he might get captured and have it confiscated, he entrusted it to R2.
>>
>>64663552
Or maybe the force was just sleeping during that time.
>>
>>64664405
Basically the entire rescue mission didn't make any sense. Everything just seem to come together through luck in the end.

Or he really did plan it all through the force.
>>
>>64664405
He didn't have his lightsaber - it was inside R2D2. He had it, he just didn't have it with him.
I don't see why it would be confiscated. Everyone in that palace had a gun. Leia's thermal detonator wasn't confiscated.
Why would he NOT have his weapon on him if he thought he would get captured? That's dumb.
I really don't think there's a good explanation for what happened. I honestly don't. I think someone just thought it was a good idea and would look cool and so they put it in. It doesn't make much sense.

>>64664288
I'm thinking about what Yoda said. "A jedi never uses his powers for attack. Only for defense."
I'll buy it. He tries to not fight as much as possible. He wants to be a Jedi so he tries to do things in a way that he thinks is the most Jedi-like. I'll buy it, yes.
>>
>>64663695
>George why are we filming my scenes first?
>>
>>64664521
>"A jedi never uses his powers for attack. Only for defense."
>>
>>64664621
I haven't watched those movies yet. In time, I will get to them.
Yoda says you can't just go around attacking people. If you're going to fight (which isn't forbidden) you have to do it to help someone.
Obi Wan fights Vader to distract him from Luke and the others.
Luke fights Vader to save his friends.
Yoda and Obi Wan want Luke to fight the Empire to save the galaxy.
>>
>>64664492
it really didnt, you're not supposed to think it through, just go "holy shit, Luke planned all this" when the turns on the new green saber that distracts you

but it makes zero sense (lando going in, then the droids, then lea and chewie etc)
>>
>>64664767
Yeah. You aren't supposed to think it through. But it really doesn't make any sense.
Also remember - Lando went in three years ago and never returned. This is what C3P0 said.
>>
File: despecialized.png (2MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
despecialized.png
2MB, 1600x900px
Was this here originally part of what was shown in theatres in 1983?
>>
File: 1351194016524.jpg (15KB, 338x310px) Image search: [Google]
1351194016524.jpg
15KB, 338x310px
>>64662767
>>64663098
>>64663783
>>64663862
>mfw suddenly all of this "reactionary" criticism pushed onto the OT by TFA fans.

1. You're an idiot. The Empire was after those droids for one reason and one reason only, in ANH they were searching for stolen Deathstar plans. After the destruction of the Deathstar, those droids cease to be valuable. Why the hell would the Empire maintain a sizable enough bounty throughout the several years that have passed on a couple of old, nondescript droids?

2. Luke isn't a Jedi Knight(or at least he believes himself to be bluffing from the scene with Yoda on Dagobah that follows). He IS completely trained. At the time, The Force was a lot like magic in The Lord of the Rings. It was a powerful, but subtle thing. It didn't become flashy and frankly "big" until the EU, the prequels, and videogames. Luke hid his lightsaber in R2D2 so he could be ready to fight, BUT you're missing the important detail that for movie goers at the time Luke's lightsaber had been lost(in the duel with Vader Luke loses his lightsaber). At the time, viewers didn't know that he had a saber still. The R2D2 reveal was a big thing because, not only did he have his own saber, it was fucking green. The entire Tatooine sequence in Return was meant to emulate the aesthetic of A Princess of Mars. That's the purpose.

3. The Leia reveal was always stupid.
>>
>>64665040
I haven't seen the Force Awakens yet and I've also never seen any Star Wars movies. Just a couple days ago, because the new movie came out, I started watching these movies in the order they came out so I'd be prepared.
I had absolutely no criticism of Star Wars. I thought it was as close to a perfect movie as you could get.
I had a lot of problems with ESB.
So far, I've got less problems with ROTJ.
Not going to reply to or acknowledge the rest of your post because of the name calling.
>>
Anyone dissecting Star Wars should always remember that it was from the beginning badly written Scifi schlock meant to emulate pulp fiction shit like Flash Gordon etc which hadn't been seen in major motion pictures in a while when Star Wars came out afaik (don't quote me on this, I'm a pleb)

Story was never its selling point, it was the special effects and >fun, lasers and space opera
>>
>>64665303
I did this with ESB and ANH earlier this week. I had absolutely no complains with ANH.
Just because it is what it is, doesn't mean it has to be stupid/badly thought out.
>>
>>64664831
Lando confirmed for autism.

He turned up and they assumed he was applying for the job of a guard, and he was too awkward to tell them no.
>>
File: porco_rosso_image.jpg (42KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
porco_rosso_image.jpg
42KB, 400x300px
>>64665253
>my fefes were hurt on 4chan

That said, a lot of your criticism is valid, you just miss a great deal. Star Wars was an odd creature in its day. It was heavily inspired by old Pulp Science Fantasy, and filled with pseudograndiosity that few film goers had seen. It was the perfect storm, and it was so influential that a lot of what it does feels, well frankly, over done at this point.

The lightsaber(not a specific saber, but all) is Excalibur. It's the magic, hero's blade and it's presence is VERY important thematically. Think about when it's lost in Empire. Now consider when it returns to Luke. Lucas was bad a writing dialog and details, and fucking tight at themes and overall story.
>>
File: Tt_8l.png (890KB, 640x816px) Image search: [Google]
Tt_8l.png
890KB, 640x816px
>>64665513
>Ah yes, you must be here for the janitorial position
>>
>>64665551
I know what the point of it was. But that doesn't mean things that don't make sense get a free pass. Like I said, I watched ANH and had absolutely no problems with it. Nothing. No nitpicking, even. I watched it and thought it was the most fantastical, magical movie I'd seen in a while. All the elements of a classic hero story told beautifully.
These movies are filled with shit.
>>
File: icanttellyou.png (671KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
icanttellyou.png
671KB, 1600x900px
Any legitimate reason she can't tell him what they just talked about? What would possibly change if she told him?
I can SEE the parts of this movie where they wrote in things for the sole purpose of eliciting a response or reaction of a particular kind from the audience and it is very dumb.
>>
>>64664767
It makes perfect sense. Luke is a good guy. Ergo he doesn't just storm the palace. He gives Jabba several opportunities to simply let Han go. He sends in Lando and Leia to scout the place and perhaps free Han without confrontation. He goes himself and tries convincing Jabba with his magic. It's only when Jabba sentences them to death does he resort to violence.
>>
File: ajedisweapon.png (1MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
ajedisweapon.png
1MB, 1600x900px
I remember seeing trailers for Star Wars 1 and Star Wars 2. I notice that neither Yoda nor the Emperor have light sabers. They seem to be people who study the force (and in Yoda's case, teach). The emperor here calls the light saber "a jedi's weapon". It makes sense that Vader, Obi Wan, and Luke have light sabers, being jedi at one point or another.
Why would people like Darth Maul and Christopher Lee have light sabers even though they aren't jedi?
>>
>>64665799
well it's a bit awkward and adds too much to what is already pretty complicated, no?

"we were almost eaten by ewoks, now c3po is a golden god and we're improvising our attack tomorrow, btw Luke just told me we're twins and Vader is his father. Luke's going to meet Vader and the Emperor, he may join them i'm not sure."
>>
File: desires.png (737KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
desires.png
737KB, 1600x900px
>Everything that has transpired as done so according to my desires.
Who the hell wrote this line???
>>
>>64666238
Every person in the audience was told this, and I don't think even the kids in the audience watching this for the first time found it complicated. So why the hell would Han?

This just keeps up the stupid love triangle now - except it is pointless because THE AUDIENCE NOW KNOWS THAT IT IS NO LONGER A LOVE TRIANGLE. The only person who now thinks it is a love triangle is Han. What purpose does this serve? None.
>>
>>64666295
not saying it adds to the audience, I mean Lea saying to Han. Her world was turned upside down, she's fucked up and probably only told some minor unimportant shit to Han later.

It shows a natural reaction from her and that Han is not so "ah fuck off bitch" as he was in the previous films. There is no love triangle thing anymore
>>
File: theforce.png (832KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
theforce.png
832KB, 1600x900px
In ANH, people on the death star did not believe int he force. Han Solo had traveled the galaxy but did not believe in the force. The jedi had been hunted to extinction - at the time of ANH Obi Wan was the only one left (retconned later to say that Yoda was also left).
However, even by ROTJ, Yoda says that once he dies, Luke will be the only Jedi left in existence.
Here, Admiral Ackbar says "May the force be with us" and also in ANH, the rebel commander when talking about the death star plans says "May the force be with you".
Tarkin, however, says that Vader is all that's left of that ancient religion.
Why would the rebels know about the force or believe in it if Jedis had been extinct for a long time?
>>
>>64666207
Welcome to 10 years ago.

How are you only watching this now?
>>
>>64666619
Because I've never seen any Star Wars movies. I figured that before I jumped into watching Part 7 of a 9 part movie series, I should probably watch the rest.
>>
>>64666207
Christopher Lee was a Jedi but the others are just excuses for lightsaber fights.
>>
>>64666473
Well...those were old and grew up in the old republic. Everyone knew about jedi back then.
For the pilots is probably just something like "god be with you".
>>
>>64666808
Fair. I'll accept that. Still, though, I got the feeling that belief in Jedis or the Force was fleeting and very rare. But the old guys, I'll give you.

>>64666762
He was? If this is mentioned in the movie, don't spoil anything. I'll get around to watching them after this.
>>
>>64666895
Yeah, I think in the movie he's described as an ex-Jedi who becomes a political leader or theorist of some sort and that's why he leads the Separatists.
>>
>>64666253
You did, just now.
>>
>>64666762
aren't sith just, well, EVIL Jedi?
>>
>>64664930
>blames Despecialized for his shit copy and player

epic, I like it
>>
>>64666473
because theyre the remnants of the republic, a government with deep ties to the jedi and under whom the jedi were revered and important? they are going to support the jedi and the light side.

why would people know about god or believe in him since jesus hasnt been around for a long time?
>>
>>64667060
Are they? I don't know what Sith are. That word has not been mentioned in these movies yet.
All they've said is that there is a dark side of the force.

>>64666979
Oh, okay, that's interesting. I didn't realize that.

>>64667110
At the point of these movies, none of that was true yet.
>>
>>64667060
Yeah but I guess that idea always seemed pretty boring. I mean one of the things that make the Emperor so badass and threatening in ROTJ was how he didn't give a shit about lightsabers. I mean he's just sitting there taunting Luke into trying to use it on him and he's not even slightly worried. I always thought of him as the only true Sith in the movie since Vader was a fallen Jedi and so the Sith seemed like evil wizard counterparts to the knights of the Jedi.
>>
>>64667223
>At the point of these movies, none of that was true yet.
Except for that part at the beginning of the movie when Obi-Wan clearly says the Jedi were dedicated to upholding peace within the Old Republic.
>>
>>64667223
>At the point of these movies, none of that was true yet.
Obi Wan actually said that the Jedi were the guardians of peace in the galaxy or something before the empire.
>>
>>64667266
yeah same here, the logic that every bad guy dresses in black and has a red lightsaber, even the emperor is pretty shitty writing on the level of fanfic and videogames wanting to relive favorite moments
>>
>>64667060
Sith are a specific club of dark jedi

There have been jedi who turned to the dark side otherwise too

Being Sith implies you were initiated by another Sith and you're part of their ancient cult and carry on their traditions and shit
>>
>>64667223

as these guys said
>>64667288
>>64667325
they at least said that jedi were important within the old republic. I can only infer from dialogue that lucas' image of jedi in relation to the republic remained the same in both the originals and the prequels (probably one of the few things he thought of beforehand)
>>
>>64667408
so if they are (dark) jedi, why shouldn't they have lightsabers?
>>
>>64667325
He did say this. He did not say >>64667288
Jedi were the guardians of peace in the galaxy before the empire. However, every person we see, EXCEPT for that rebel guy in ANH, expresses his disbelief at the force or jedi at all.

That's my only issue with this. The extinction event would have had to be decades ago. Because of this, I always assumed that Ben was over 120 years old (extended his life with the force like I assume Yoda did) so that there would be enough time for the people of the galaxy to forget about jedi and the force.

The way they talk about things just makes it a bit fucky.

>>64667266
This 100%. He says that light sabers are jedi weapons. But as I am watching this right now, he honestly seems so powerful in the force that he just doesn't need one. He can see the past and future better, seemingly, than Yoda did. He can conjure lightning from his hands where Luke needs to concentrate pretty hard to just levitate objects. Even Vader is only ever seen choking this guy. The emperor seems like the strongest force user in the entire galaxy - no need for melee weapons.
But that brings me to my next bit of criticism. The emperor was just tossed into a shaft of some sort. Given his force powers, I figure he'd be able to just... somehow stop and levitate himself back up. Vader didn't even really incapacitate him in any way beforehand, either. I think it would have been better if Vader stabbed him from behind or some thing then tossed him off. Make sure he couldn't come back up.
>>
>>64667493
Disregard the previous post, I mispoke

Being a sith doesn't require to have been a jedi previously

What I meant to say was a sith is a darkside force user

I doubt Maul was ever trained as a jedi and Sheev most definitely wasn't
>>
>>64665799
Heh.

It's almost like a movie written by JJ
>>
>>64667498
>every person we see
By every person we see, do you mean Han?
>>
>>64667498
Jesus fucking christ my autism detector is going haywire
>>
>>64667498
>disbelief at the force or jedi at all
who actually? I remember only Han and the imperial guy - who didn't disbelief the force or the jedi, just that it was that powerful or useful, as far as I remember
>>
File: eyebrows.png (1MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
eyebrows.png
1MB, 1600x900px
>>64667594
Yes. Yes in fact it IS like that.

>>64667596
Han, the empire, and Tarkin. None of the other characters ever even brings it up. And why would they? Jedi (and therefore the force) had been exterminated. For a long, long time.

The fuck is wrong with his eyebrows? Did they look like this in theatres originally?
>>
>>64667851
>the empire, and Tarkin
Huh? Neither Tarkin nor any Imperial ever expresses disbelief at the existence of the force. Vader straight up chokes a dude telepathically in front of a whole room full of people.
>>
File: blockade.png (1021KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
blockade.png
1021KB, 1600x900px
>>64667947
He chokes a dude because he didn't believe in the force. When he chokes the guy, Tarkin cocks his head and raises an eyebrow and watches for a second before telling Vader to quit - almost as if he didn't believe it himself and was seeing it for the first time. He was intrigued.

So, the rebel alliance blew up the second death star. But they were outnumbered in terms of how many fighters there were - so how'd they manage that? Also, what happened to the what seemed like DOZENS of star destroyers standing there at the ready? They honestly just lowered the shields, somehow survived the 100s of TIE fighters, killed one star destroyer, blew up the death star, and then the writers forgot about the rest of the imperial armada?
>>
>>64668089
Are you retarded? The guy didn't think the force wasn't real, he thought it was nothing as compared to his shiny new Battlestation. And Tarkin knew full what was happening, he raises an eyebrow because he views the spat as petty and pointless. In fact, he says as much.
>>
>>64668089
>he didn't believe in the force
he "underestimated" it
>>
>>64662767

tatooine isn't an imperial planet

those stormtroopers came from vader's ship in ANH

its a whole fucking galaxy they can't possibly have troops on every planet at once
>>
Can only Luke see the ghosts of Yoda, Obi Wan, and Vader? The other characters do not react at all to them.Perhaps the ghosts can choose to whom they want to appear?
If there's another big bad in TFA, my money would be on the emperor. He was an incredibly powerful force user - why couldn't he come back as a ghost? He could come back as a ghost and reassemble his empire.
>>
>>64668390
please no, that was the second worst EU story, already.
>>
>>64662767

>this is the kind of people that praise TFA

The Empire wanted those droids because they had the plans of the Death Star. Once the plans got in the hands of the Rebellion and the Death Star was gone, I see no major reason why they would care anymore about two fucking droids.

The Empire had no huge presence on Tattooine. Remember that big Star Destroyer over Tattooine that appears in the first scene of the movie? That's where all (or at least most) of the stormtroopers you see in the planet come from. They just landed around the place where the scape pod itself landed to search for the droids.

Not to mention that, Tattooine is a planet in the outter rim, where the Empire doesn't really reach that much and that's why all sort of criminals prospere.

Why would Luke say he's a Jedi Knight? Well, to try to frighten Jabba don't you think? Do you really believe Jabba, Boba and friends didn't know who Luke was anyways and how much the Empire would pay for his head?

>>64662894

Because some species are resistant to mind tricks you donut. This happens several times in the saga.

Not gonna waste my time answering the other posts, though.
>>
>>64668387
Why can't they? It's Star Wars. If Lucas wants the Empire to have troops on every planet, what's to stop it from being true?

>>64668363
Didn't seem like he believed in it to me. It seems people thought it was an ancient religion and that the force was some mystic garbage. Even Han is still in disbelief when Luke deflects the robot remote blasts.
>>
>>64666473
Luke told them
>>
>>64668466

lucas didn't want that

tatooine was like a neutral, wild place
>>
>>64666238

>Vader is his father

"Our father" actually.

Imagine a girl telling a man he want to marry with that Vader is going to be his father in law
>>
>>64668466
>Didn't seem like he believed in it to me
He clearly did. He only ever claimed Vader's powers were not enough to return the stolen plans or defeat the rebellion. He was undervaluing Vader's abilities.

>Even Han is still in disbelief
Why are you acting as though this is surprising? Han is the one character who's consistently shown to be a non-believer. That changes fairly quickly over the course of the film.
>>
>>64668454
Read the thread before contributing, please.

>>64668449
Was it? It makes the most sense. Why can't he come back? Nothing says he can't. Granted, I've only just finished the original trilogy for the first time. I've yet to see the prequel trilogy.

So, I have finished Star Wars for the first time. Here is how I would rank the movies:

Star Wars > Return of the Jedi >= Empire Strikes Back.

Later today or tomorrow I'll start on the prequel trilogy.
>>
>>64668089
>Don't try to frighten us with your sorcerer's ways, Lord Vader. Your sad devotion to that ancient religion has not helped you conjure up the stolen data tapes, or given you clairvoyance enough to find the rebels' hidden fort
That's his exact quote. He doesn't say he thinks it isn't real, he just mocks it as inferior to technology like the deathstar and other imperial shit.
>>
File: Admiral_Motti.png (411KB, 410x546px) Image search: [Google]
Admiral_Motti.png
411KB, 410x546px
thanks to the new EU, he is called Conan Antonio Motti now.
>>
>>64668754
He doesn't even mention the force. He thinks it is a religion. He doesn't know about it or believe in it. That's what I'm sticking to and nothing you say is from the movie can convince me otherwise. Because there's no right answer to this.

>>64668792
Oh that's just great.
>>
>>64666207
We never see Yoda with a lightsaber because he is never in a situation where he is fighting and is like 900 years old.

The emperor probably thinks himself above weapons like the lightsaber now.
He is basically mocking it saying "pfft a jedis weapon, the sith are more powerful than that and don't need weapons"

Of course it makes sense for the Sith to have them though, because if your mortal enemies have a laser sword and you get into a fight with them you are going to want a weapon capable of fighting against a lightsaber.
>>
>>64668676
Alright, have fun. By the way, you ranked the one movie that is regarded the best by the overwhelming majority of critics, star wars fans and film lovers in general as the worst. Just saying.
Also, did you watch the special editions or the originals?
>>
>>64668858
>Don't try to frighten us with your sorcerer's ways
He is being a condescending arrogant prick and he gets rekt for it.
Everything he says is said in a way to belittle vader and the "power" he supposedly posses.

Motti probably never saw Vader choke a bitch before.
>>
>>64668889
I don't care about critics.

>>64668888
Speculation. We really can't say why Yoda didn't have a lightsaber. We do know the emperor didn't have one, though - he says it is a Jedi weapon and Obi Wan says the lightsaber is a jedi weapon (only Jedi have lightsabers). He is not a jedi.
>>
I hate star wars solely for the scene wipes.
>>
>>64668960
>Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi: Your father's light saber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
He never says it is only a jedi's weapon.
Maybe pay attention next time you watch a film.
>>
>>64668888

Nice quads.

>>64668960

Quads speak the truth. You're wrong.
>>
>>64669118
>In Star Wars, only Jedi use lightsabers.
>A Jedi says it is the weapon of a Jedi knight.
>The Emperor says it is the weapon of a Jedi.
>Vader says having built a lightsaber completes Luke's Jedi training.

Yup, lightsabers are only for jedi.
>>
>>64669198
tell that to KanjiKlub
>>
>>64669198
>>In Star Wars, only Jedi use lightsabers.
Darth Vader is a jedi?
>>
>>64669245
Have you not seen the movies or something?
>>
>>64669245
Yes, actually. He is a jedi. Then he became evil. That doesn't invalidate his sword fighting training. All his allegiance changes is his moral alignment.
>>
>>64662767
>considering we already know it has a huge Imperial presence from ANH

Tatooine was a backwater shithole. The stormtroopers that were searching for R2 and C3PO were from the Star Destroyer that was after Princess Leia (hell they were actually just investigating the jettisoned escape pod, which led them to figure out they were searching for droids).

They were the presence. And that only would have been temporary.
>>
>>64669349
>>64669315
>only Jedi use lightsabers
Darth Vader is not a Jedi, so why would he continue to use a Jedi weapon?
This completely goes against what you said.

It is never even stated that ONLY jedi use them anyway.
>>
>>64669587
Watch the movies, kid.
>>
>>64662767
Jesus Christ kid, the Empire has a huge "wanted" list and they can only have so many men working this cases at once, alright?

I'm pretty damn sure in the Empire law enforcement was always working out the ass, the Rebellion was going on in a whole bunch of places and was publicly known about. Speaking as a guy who's worked legal offices, that had to have been one giant clerical nightmare for poor Uncle Sheev.
>>
>>64669587
Has this guy ever seen Star Wars? Wow! I know people despute a lot of things in Star Wars, nerds bicker endlessly about the most insignificant things... but I never in a million years thought, even here on /tv/, that I would see someone try to tell me that Darth Vader is not a jedi.
Unbelievable.
>>
>>64669756
You must be retarded if you think he is a jedi.
>>
>>64670444
Or someone who remembers the time before the prequels
>>
>>64668888

I always liked sith alchemy from EU, where they could make metals and stuff capable of going against a lightsaber. Thought it was neat.
>>
>>64670752
Nope. Just retarded.

It's obvious Vader isn't a Jedi even without hte prequels telling us all about sith and shit
>>
>>64671245
You can autistically repeat that as many times as you like but it doesn't make it any more right as long as you can't explain why exactly a guy who carries a light sabre, uses the force and is explicitly described as a "jedi" by the fucking dialogue in the movie, wouldn't be a jedi in the minds of people watching the movie.
>>
>>64662767

>this autism

did you even watch the movie? they wanted the droids for the death star plans, why would they want them in empire?
>>
>>64671503
>explicitly described as a "jedi"
[citation needed]
>>
>>64667408
>>64667566

None of this was mentioned in the movies as far as I remember though.
>>
>>64671791
>Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi: A young Jedi named Darth Vader, who was a pupil of mine until he turned to evil, helped the Empire hunt down and destroy the Jedi knights. He betrayed and murdered your father. Now the Jedi are all but extinct. Vader was seduced by the dark side of the Force.

>A young Jedi named Darth Vader
>>
>>64671932
>Actually using that quote to support your argument
Yep, confirmed for a retard.

Did you also notice how Obi-Wan says that Darth Vader betrayed and murdered Lukes father? We know that isn't true, so why trust the rest of the statement?
>>
>>64672005
It was all true, as far as the audience was concerned, until ESB rolled out.

And even then they never said Anakin stopped being a Jedi.
>>
>>64663527
>I'm glad they added this scene of Yoda telling Luke that Darth Vader IS in fact his father. I honestly thought he was lying at the end of ESB. I figured he would say anything to get Luke to join his side... and something like this, he knew, would definitely fuck with Luke's head.

That's actually exactly why the scene was added. Lucas wasn't even planning on having Yoda in RotJ; the director wanted him in. Lucas was also advised to have Yoda clarify what Vader said, because kids were unlikely to trust Vader. Its funny to think that if not for that, Yoda would still be "alive" in the Star Wars series.
>>
>>64668584
>He clearly did.
Calling them "your sorcerer's ways" clearly hints that he didn't. He has seen Vader's powers, but he thinks about them as anecdotical fancy shit, little more than magic tricks. He doesn't believe in the force, a mystical concept behind them that rules the world.
>>
>Naboo has popularly-elected royalty
>somehow serving a seat in the Galactic Senate is a step above ruling entirely over a planet; granted the systems are part of the Republic so in essence this is like a state's governor serving in the US senate which would make Coruscant the Washington of sorts
>OK, so how do senators get chosen then? Are they too, popularly elected? Then wouldn't that imply that Naboo has multiple queens ruling over various regions? And that other planets have multiple monarchies that choose leaders by popular election? Leaders that freely allow an entire republic to preside over them and make decisions that can affect them entirely?

Jesus fucking Christ is it any wonder there's so many tyrants and dictators in this universe? How hard can it be to form a government that doesn't keep falling on its own ass into tyranny? The Republic failed because it allowed a psychopathic extremist to lead it and become a tyrant ruling over an empire that hurt by a vast majority more people than it helped. Why. Do. People. Remember it so well. Is Palpatine's entire scheme just a fucking myth now too? The history books don't say "Yeah, this Gungan stood in for an important senator and gave the future emperor enough power to further his agenda"?
>>
>>64672005
What he told him was true, from a certain point of view
>>
>>64662767
Why does ROTJ Luke look like Theon fucking Greyjoy?
>>
So how was Anakin->Luke's lightsaber saved from falling into Bespin?
Given that that's what was given to Rey...
>>
>>64662767
>he thinks stormtroopers killed beru and lars
>>
>>64665040
>He IS completely trained.
Nope.
>>
>>64673972
That's a story for another time.
>>
>>64663862
kill yourself

Lando was already a military man from the Battle of Tanaab
>>
>>64662767
>As far as I know, the Empire would still want them.

Fucking why, they had the Death Star plans, that's it.
>>
>>64663783
kinda needed leia to be his sister. If not Vader couldn't have used it to piss off luke at the end. Luke would never have a reason to fight Vader. It might be a cheap plot device, but it was needed.
>>
>>64663783

The purpose of the Leia reveal is that Vader can goad Luke by telling him he'll turn his sister if Luke won't turn. This is obvious. But then, this is surely a bait thread - unless it's just an awful thread.
>>
>>64671916

The movies tell you that Dooku was a Jedi, then he wasn't, but was still a force user, then he was sith.
Sheev wasn't ever a Jedi, because it WOULD have come up, somewhere.
>>
>>64672696

Where is it said that Naboo's senator is 'above' its queen?

>Then wouldn't that imply that Naboo has multiple queens ruling over various regions?

What? No. This whole post is nonsense.
>>
>>64674096
>Implying this exchange didn't happen in Return of the Jedi
>Yoda "No more training do you require."
>Luke "Then, I am a jedi..."
>Yoda "No! Not yet. Vader. You must confront Vader."

He's not a Jedi Knight yet, but he no longer requires training.
>>
>>64663098

HIS PLAN WAS TO SAVE HIS FRIEND HAN!
>>
>>64662767
1. The droids were only relevant for the deathstar plans in ANH.
2. They are generic droid units
3. Leia sent the droids as a last resort, its not like that was the premeditated plan.
4. The empire already knows that "Obi Wan" is a jedi knight... lol he calls himself "Ben" and the message didn't explicitly state he was on Tatooine or anything
Thread posts: 137
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.