[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /tv/ think of Blazing Saddles?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

File: download (3).jpg (14KB, 187x270px) Image search: [Google]
download (3).jpg
14KB, 187x270px
What does /tv/ think of Blazing Saddles?
>>
File: adolf mootler.jpg (36KB, 390x615px) Image search: [Google]
adolf mootler.jpg
36KB, 390x615px
I expect this racist film to be banned and deleted from History within 10 years.

trash like this does not belong in 2016.
>>
File: 988888.png (146KB, 379x281px) Image search: [Google]
988888.png
146KB, 379x281px
>>64662932
IT'S 2015555
>>
Bad movie for problematic shitlords.
>>
I really hope these responses are satirical
>>
>>64662741
Easily Brook's best. The Producers and most of Young Frankenstein are really hokey and dated, and his films after Blazing Saddles are increasingly childish. Something about BS is timeless and hasn't aged nearly as much
>>
>>64662741

A great movie that would never get made today. There's nothing wrong with it, but it would never get made today.
>>
>>64663545
hey reddit
>>
>>64663636
>it would never get made today.
That just saddens me
>>
>>64663692
What was reddit about what I said?
>>
>>64663987
everything
>>
>>64664232
wow, thanks, sure showed me then
>>
A fantastic movie that is slowly developing the reputation of "Birth of a Nation" because Richard Pryor and Mel Brooks used the word "nigger" too many times for today's PC crowd
>>
>>64662741

An exceptional relic of when film was actually important.
>>
>>64662741
It's probably the only satire I actually like
>>
Pretty good. It showcases the best and worst parts of Brooks. Absolutely nothing like the description most people give it (racist in either direction), since it's just your usual Brooks comedy with nigger thrown in a few times.
>>
>>64662741
Ya know, the camp town lady
>>
>>64662741
I thought it was hilarious the first time I saw it.

Found it really unfunny the second time.

Dunno why.
>>
>>64664572

When you was slaves, you sang like birds. Come on! How about a good old nigger work song?

>I get no kick from champagne, mere alcohol doesn't thrill me at all...
>>
>>64664572
>>64664642
WHAT IN THE WIDE WIDE WORLD OF SPORTS IS GOING ON???
IM PAYING YALL TO BUILD A RAILROAD, NOT TO JUMP AROUND LIKE A BUNCH OF KANSAS CITY FAGGOTS
>>
>Excuse me while I whip this out
>>
>>64663931
>>64663636
Why would it get made today? It had to have been made in the post-civil rights era, when real racial tensions were in recent memory and westerns were a relevant target to satirize.
>>
>>64664753

Goddarnit Lamarr, you use your tongue prettier than a twenty dollar whore.
>>
>>64664325
Stop making this shit up faggot. Nobody who isn't retarded thinks this.
You SJW fear mongers are ridiculous
>>
File: theyre a very musical people.jpg (107KB, 615x352px) Image search: [Google]
theyre a very musical people.jpg
107KB, 615x352px
>>64664642
When I watched 12 Years a Slave I kept thinking about that scene. They made that guy look like a complete racist moron for thinking that all black people can sing because they have it in their blood. I've seen that in all kinds of thing from M*A*S*H to that Bugs Bunny cartoon, that is banned now, where a stupid white person thinks all black people can sing.

In 12 Years a Slave the main character hears the other nogs singing and he just can't help himself. He just has to start singing along with them. Of course since the guy who mad that movie is a black homo he is hailed as a genius.
>>
>>64665184
>In 12 Years a Slave the main character hears the other nogs singing and he just can't help himself. He just has to start singing along with them.
Because he was at the absolute lowest point of his arc and resigns himself to singing spirituals like all the other slaves. If I remember right that was the last scene before it skips ahead some years and he's rescued. It was symbolic for forfeiting his hope of freedom, no more trying to escape or pleading with master, he just sings like everyone else then goes back to work.

Even ignoring the context I don't get the complaint. Do you think negro spirituals are a myth?
>>
>>64665176

You're literally delusional. SJWs would ban movies like this from being made now.
>>
>>64664325

How often do we see the word nigger in gangster movies, nigger music, etc?
>>
>>64662932
>>64662995
>>64663636
>>64664325
>>64665437

Source?
>>
>>64665437
There's a big difference from some people being offended about a movie and it having the reputation of Birth of a Nation, a movie that is sincerely offensive and racist

Show me this SJW plan to ban Blazing Saddles. Not some tweets or tumblr posts but something with actual swaying power
>>
>>64665437

If you say so it must be true!
>>
>>64665390
>Do you think negro spirituals are a myth

No I do not. What I object to is how white people are shown to be racist ignoramuses for thinking black people can all sing "like birds". Then in 12YaS Solomon just can't help himself and starts singing.
>>
>>64665552
>something with actual swaying power

SJWs have no swaying power except social media. Idiotic corporations think each angry person on twitter represents a million lost customers.
>>
>>64664968
Because back the the country was 90% white and everyone had free speech. Political correctness didn't become suffocating until around the 90s.
>>
>>64665607
>one movie has a comical scene where a white man asks "niggers" (i.e he is a racist) to sing for his amusement
>representative of all white people and all fiction involving singing black people is held in comparison

>>64665698
Did you respond to the wrong person? My point was Blazing Saddles is very much of its time, these complaints that it "couldn't" be made today are meaningless because it wouldn't be made today either
You could make a different socially critical Western parody, but BS is about racism in a way that is not relevant today. There is no realistic scenario where someone tries to make BS 2015 and can't, so why get upset? Why does every mention of this film devolve into arguments about some imaginary movement to ban it? You are literally getting upset over a fiction you've created
>>
File: the current year man.jpg (38KB, 480x540px) Image search: [Google]
the current year man.jpg
38KB, 480x540px
The sad thing is that despite the films reputation it's actually incredibly progressive.

Its about a black man who comes to a town where he is hated because of the colour of his skin. By the end of the film he has become their hero, saved them, and got the white woman.
>>
>>64663692
When will redditers stop pretending with this meme..
>>
>>64667433
All right... we'll give some land to the niggers and the chinks. But we don't want the Irish!
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.