[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Conversations about movies with normies/plebs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 8

File: the force is shit.jpg (170KB, 260x385px) Image search: [Google]
the force is shit.jpg
170KB, 260x385px
Jesus christ, yesterday I pretty much found out that you can't really have proper conversations about movies with normies at ALL

>be at birthday party
>overhear conversation about Star Wars
>one girl tries to explain the Skywalkers to another one who doesn't know jack shit about SW movies
>"And the black guy with the red saber is Darth Vader"
>subject in the room turns to Force Awakens
>all the girls thought it was awesome
>one guy thought it was pretty good although he hated Han Solo being killed off like a cheap marketing tool
>I say I didn't like it because it was ANH 2.0, because it didn't really give fans anything new and because there were some film making techniques I didn't like
>girl calls me out as being a bore because she "found TFA funny" and because according to her opinion it was a great movie
>annoyed by her, I tell her that people like her (who don't know nothing about movies) are the reason why Disney is so successful
>she continues to give me all kinds of stupid remarks throughout the evening

for fuck's sake, how come objectively talking about movies is impossible now that plebs have taken over mainstream cinema?
>>
>talking to normies about movies
Hide your power levels m8. It can only cause harm.
They watch like 3 movies every year and get super defensive about what they've seen.
>>
>>64660620

This

They are the literally bottom of the barrel, don't dirty yourself by engaging with them
>>
>>64660620

>Hide your power levels m8. It can only cause harm.

I know dude but holy shit, you should've been there. the only thing missing from the darth vader conversation was the girl trying to explain the character making literal lightsaber noises

>They watch like 3 movies every year and get super defensive about what they've seen

that's the problem. I wouldn't have said anything if those fuckers hadn't gotten me to the point of breaking. I think even if it was a good movie, I would've gone contrarian on them just to fuck with them
>>
>>64660672

>bottom of the barrel

even that's too high. they're like the bottom of a fucking pit
>>
>>64660562

>engaging in a conversation with a pleb

kek, it's your own fault
>>
File: 1437694907141.png (61KB, 285x303px) Image search: [Google]
1437694907141.png
61KB, 285x303px
>>64660562

>talk to a friend about movies
>notice that he's a huge pleb, never accepts what I think about movies
>ask him what he thinks what the best movie is he ever saw
>"Pulp Fiction"
>mfw
>>
>>64660879

what's the worst thing about your favourite movie being made by quentin tarantino?

telling your mother that you're a fucking faggot
>>
I know that feel, I have to work with a girl who "marathoned" the prequels and the OT to "get ready" for the new movie.
She got all mad and shit when I explained to her that they're just movies for kids and there's no need to get so emotionally invested in them.
>>
>being this smug
>being this autistic

/tv/, everyone
>>
>>64661550
Nice b8 m8 h8 more l8r
>>
File: 50-cent.jpg (32KB, 650x370px) Image search: [Google]
50-cent.jpg
32KB, 650x370px
>I TAKE YOU TO THE KANJICLUB
>I'LL LET LICK MY LOLLIPOP
>>
>>64661600

>Not having pride and knowledge in your hobby

Normies everyone
>>
>>64660562
What you should have said:
>Hah, you know the evil emperor guy with the melted face? That was supposed to be Jar Jar, but all the nerds cried to much about it and the director pandered to them.

Point is, deflect and don't give a direct opinion.
>>
>>64660562

You're a faggot, that's why.
>>
File: 1449748823009.jpg (130KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1449748823009.jpg
130KB, 1920x1080px
>see movie with normfriends
>think its shit
>wait for one of them to voice their opinions immediately afterwards so I don't look like an outcast and a negative fuck
>they end up liking it and I have to pretend to
>>
>>64661718
>pride and knowledge
>in watching flicks

mongs everyone
>>
the majority of the people i've talked to that liked it never seen the original trilogy, so I guess it didn't seem like rehash to them.
>>
>>64660562
Sounds like a friend of mine. He thinks X-Men Origins was a good movie. I say he's full of shit. I keep telling him, "Just because you enjoy a movie, that doesn't make it good." Hell, I enjoy the shit out of the Resident Evil movies BECAUSE of how bad they are.
>>
>>64661843

Kek
>>
>>64661690

>tons of toys available
>tons of games for children
>tons of costumes for children

what the fuck are you on about? he's right
>>
>>64661600

>being this autistic

I'll give you the smug comment but how is getting annoyed by normies autistic? according to your logic, being annoyed by stupid people is autistic as well

>>64661732

>Point is, deflect and don't give a direct opinion.

at first, that was what I was going to do but some stupid cunt bitch brought the "it was a really funny movie though" comment, implying that TFA was great just because of that
>>
>>64661912

you have a point there, I didn't really think about that

still, the only pro argument they had that it was funny with a lot of cool action scenes
>>
>>64660562
>objectively

There's your problem. You think that your opinion, on a star wars movie of all things, is somehow more valid. Just because you see the same thing spammed in a hundred threads a day here, on fucking /tv/, does not somehow make your opinion any more insightful than 'it's funny'. In fact only, your friend who cited Han Solo's death as a 'cheap marketing tool' seems to have any actual knowledge of what he's talking about. Furthermore once your 'criticism' is attacked you resort to insulting your friends intelligence, I mean are you 15 years old?
>>
>>64660562
Literally Reddit irl
>annoyed by her, I tell her that people like her (who don't know nothing about movies) are the reason why Disney is so successful
Any normal person would have just shut their traps after hearing that, I'm guessing she has brain damage
>>
>>64662638
this ayy
>>
>>64660562
>talking to girls

fucking gross
they have vaginas and shit
>>
>>64662721
Lol a Redditor calling someone else Reddit. Now I've seen it all.
>>
>>64662638

In my OP comment, I literally write that I also didn't like it because "because there were some film making techniques I didn't like". that includes objectively criticising the movie.

>Furthermore once your 'criticism' is attacked you resort to insulting your friends intelligence

did you even read what I said? I explained to her what marketing techniques disney uses for broader audiences and that they were goddamn successful in doing that. I didn't insult her but simply told her that she doesn't know anything about movies due to her stating that "it's funny" doesn't qualify as a criteria for a good sci-fi movie
>>
>>64662799
>>64662811
>>64662822

why the fuck do people suddenly get dubs here?
>>
>>64660562
>she continues to give me all kinds of stupid remarks throughout the evening
Sounds like she wanted to fug
>>
>>64660562
>girls like TFA

See this redditfags? You have the same taste as women and niggers, literally.
>>
>>64660562
Sounds like you couldn't contain your autism
>>
>>64660562
AND THIS IS WHY YOU CANT GET LAID

stormfags confirmed for not being able to enjoy things
>>
>>64663170
>TFA is life

for you, maybe
>>
File: image.jpg (45KB, 340x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45KB, 340x500px
>>64662822
Your hymen is showing, people like Star Wars, deal with it
>>
File: image.jpg (83KB, 750x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
83KB, 750x500px
>>64663170
>anyone who doesn't like my favorite movie is a stormfag
>>
>>64660562
Fucking a m8 you sound like a blast to be around.

The movies got plenty new to be hyped about and its a great start to the sequel trilogy. Most people outside /tv/ think that way also.
>>
>>64662515
Being 'unable to hold it in' due to annoyance that somebody doesn't agree with you is autistic, and so is blaming them for not changing their mind or being convinced by you.

Holding your opinion as objective is also autismal.
>>
File: disdain for plebs.gif (1MB, 250x233px) Image search: [Google]
disdain for plebs.gif
1MB, 250x233px
>>64660620
inb4 reeee, this is the only answer. You're not going to convert a normie pleb into a more engaged, thoughtful movie viewer, you're just going to alienate yourself and look like a huge, pretentious, no-fun-allowed douche to everyone there. It's not worth it, they're not worth it, just let them be plebs.

Keep your pic related feelings internal
>>
>>64663487
>tfa meme opinions taken from /tv/
>a more engaged, thoughtful movie viewer

lmao
>>
>>64663625
>dude, just go with it, Transformers 2 was awesome! That scene where Prime fights all those bots in the forest it was so dope
Is really all I meant, if you don't think there's a level down from the meme opinions around here, then you don't get out of your house enough
>>
>>64660562
you aren't agressive enough anon

you have to go full ad hominem with normies
should've said to this bitch that her IQ of 80 doesn't allow her to understand your critics then tell her to shut the fuck up since the conversation isn't about sucking dicks (only thing she can do good) then her opinion doesn't matter

>2016
>not being alpha as fuck
>being a cuck
>letting a female verbally dominate you
>not annally destroying her after you annally destroyed her arguments
>>
>>64662822
>I didn't insult her but simply told her that she doesn't know anything about movies
Telling someone that they don't know what they're talking about when they say something is insulting. You are saying her words don't matter, and that she shouldn't have said that. That's insulting. But she internally forgave you and blew it off anyways, which was nice of her, but that wasn't enough because you needed her to change her mind in order for you to enjoy yourself.

You're basically upset that you couldn't make them stop liking the movie, and they had to stop listening to you in order to go on with their day. They were more polite than you for being able to do this internally and not say that it out loud like you did. If you had any social sense you would have been embarrassed, and to be honest I think you probably were and covered up that embarrassment by convincing yourself their words mean nothing because they don't share you 'elite' taste. Then you went on the forum where you got that opinion and are seeking support for your anti-social choice to believe that the way your friends talked about the movie was literally incorrect.
>>
>>64663059

she has a boyfriend though and always acts as if she hated my guts
>>
>>64663170

>tfw I already have a girlfriend

hell, even if I was single, I wouldn't fuck that fat ass bitch. face is a 7/10 though

>>64663280

don't get me wrong, I don't have anything about people enjoying things. as soon as someone tries to convince me of something with a stupid-as-fuck comment though, I fail to see why I shouldn't state my opinion too

>>64663475

>you sound like a blast to be around

I actually am, thank you. fuck you, you smug cunt.

>>64663478

>and so is blaming them for not changing their mind or being convinced by you.

I couldn't care less about them not changing their mind. as I mentioned above, she tried to convince me that TFA was good because it was a comedy

>>64663704

kek, nice idea. might as well do that the next time I see her
>>
>>64664063

>But she internally forgave you and blew it off anyways

did you not read the part where she gave me stupid comments that whole evening afterwards? I gotta mention though that she always tries to banter at me whenever I see her (even when there's no reason)
>>
>be OP
>go to party
>its been a week since ive seen TFA but still feel the all-consuming urge to let everyone know what a smelly pile of horse shit it was
>wait in the shadows drinking by myself
>finaly fucking plebe normi bitch brings up TFA
>ohgodyes.jpg
>stupid plebe party goers "enjoyed" the film
>must be fucking stupid and knows nothing about movies, unlike me who's majoring in film history and is paving the way for my dream job as an assistant manager at McDonalds
>go into great detail in the reasons it was an awful shit movie wile
>takes about an hour
>mindless plebes barely pay attention
>obviosly because they know nothing about movies, fucking normis
>stupid plebe bitch calls me boring
>"well i thought it was funny"
>what a stupid piece of shit thing to say about a stupid piece of shit movie
>triggered.gif
>go on a 3 hour rant on why her and the rest of the other normal ass bitch plebe fag shits are the reason Disney is ruin movies
>afterward everyone makes bitch remarks for the rest of the night
>ruined the party for me
>>
>>64660562
I'm surprised you get invited to parties. Maybe it's time to dial back the 4channing before you become entirely socially non-functional.
>>
>When you go to a party and regurgitate opinions that you've heard on /tv/. Ones that you literally didn't have during or straight after the film.

>b..b...but I did

No you didn't

Fuck off

Stop being a penis
>>
>>64660562
>I'm a pretentious contrarian edgelord who goes on one of the shittiest boards of them all and thinks if someone disagrees with me then they're a stupid pleb
>"hurr durr plebs have taken over mainstream cinema please help"
>>
>>64661550
Lol you seem like a joyless douche
>>
>>64665684

>I'm surprised you get invited to parties

I always get invited to parties because chicks usually dig me, whether you believe it or not. I just happen to like movies too

>Maybe it's time to dial back the 4channing before you become entirely socially non-functional

at least try to write a coherent sentence before trying to ridicule others

>>64665779

>When you go to a party and regurgitate opinions that you've heard on /tv/
>implying I listen to /tv/'s opinions
>ever

stop being retarded
>>
>>64666077
GIRLS LIKE ME GUYS I SWEAR
>>
>>64666077
>I just happen to like movies too
in this case dislike movies
>>
>annoyed by her, I tell her that people like her...
>...because there were some film making techniques I didn't like...
Did you have your fedora on? You should have stayed in the kitchen during the party.
>>
>>64665540
this desu senpai
OP managed to make everyone in the room think he was a major autismo, great job
>>
>>64660562
More evidence that the people who deride TFA are on the spectrum
>>
>>64660562
What filmmaking techniques? The force awakens is technically very well put together?
>>
File: 1420115319995.png (260KB, 563x542px) Image search: [Google]
1420115319995.png
260KB, 563x542px
OP is autistic loser.

Fucking hell, you are a sad little fuck who needs to grow up.
>>
>>64666831
>"you are a sad little fuck who needs to grow up."
>coming from a frogposter

That's rich.
>>
>>64660620
I only watch a couple of movies per year, and Im still usaully "too pretentious, no fun allowed"

happened with star wars and shit like prometheus, that predator movie that came out Jurassic world., etc.

worst part is I always watch it with at least 2-3 people who graduated college with a film degree and leverage it with some shit about cinematography while I talk about how the fucking plot/characters are nonsensical shit
>>
>Ive turned all my friends into TFA haters
>all it took was a little push

real talk though they all told me they liked it. once we started discussing how much of a lazy rehash it was they all turned on it. Its as if they were afraid to say they disliked.
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.