[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This was pretty good, why was everyone shitting on it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

File: chappie_2015_movie-wide.jpg (1MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
chappie_2015_movie-wide.jpg
1MB, 1920x1200px
This was pretty good, why was everyone shitting on it?
>>
File: DieAntwoord_EB.jpg (411KB, 2068x1452px) Image search: [Google]
DieAntwoord_EB.jpg
411KB, 2068x1452px
It came across as a 2 hour advertisement for Die Antwoord.
>>
>>64658152
I didn't get it either, it's way better than Elysium
>>
desu, i loved it but after seeing 3 more times the flaws are really noticeable and it gets worse after each viewing, dev patel is also pretty fucking annoying.
>>
>>64658152

It's was decent but some of the Die Antwoord scenes were all kinds of grating/cringe.

It just seemed like Ninja was playing himself 50% Clown 50% Cunt
>>
>>64659098
You say that like it's a bad thing.
>>
Amazing movie. Then I discovered many Americans hated it because:

It's different from District 9: yes, many haters actually hated it for not being another film

Racism: not enough Americans in it. Too many 'funny' accents.

Blasphemy: the white Christian character was a murdering psychopath. Robots can't have souls and you can't save souls. The fundamentalist lunatics all hated this element.
>>
>>64658152
honestly just wanted to fap to yolandi the entire time lads, fuck she's tight
>>
>>64659098
OP here, they are a band?
>>
>>64660520
Yeah, didn't you hear their music playing throughout the movie?

It's not for everyone, but they put on a good live show.
>>
Die antwoord were terrible
sharlto copley in voice only role
The secret to the human mind in the internet
dev patel
>>
>>64660583
I heard the music, I didn't know those two were in a band together and that it was their music. I've never heard of them before until now.
>>
>>64659127
Anything is better than Elysium. That was one of the worst movies I've seen.
>>
>>64660661
Niel Blumpkin loves anything popular from South Africa

Ninja was originally intended to be the protagonist in Elysium instead of Damon
>>
>>64660456

>Blasphemy: the white Christian character was a murdering psychopath. Robots can't have souls and you can't save souls. The fundamentalist lunatics all hated this element.

I didn't notice this while I watched the movie, but I've seen this sentiment all over the internet when people discuss it. Americans are crazy fucks.
>>
>>64658152

absolutely loved this movie op
>>
File: Die-Antwoord-Cookie-Thumper.png (619KB, 1024x681px) Image search: [Google]
Die-Antwoord-Cookie-Thumper.png
619KB, 1024x681px
>>64660467
>>
>>64658152
>good
Strange way to spell shit
>>
>>64660849
I agree, I just watched and really loved this film.
Reading the hate on IMDB and I suddenly realised the particular type of American mind that would hate this.
>>
>>64661035
>Shit
Strange way to spell your opinion
>>
File: chappie-box-office_0.jpg (41KB, 612x380px) Image search: [Google]
chappie-box-office_0.jpg
41KB, 612x380px
"Chappie wanna go home!!!"

Fuck those bastards
>>
>>64658152

I enjoyed it but I probably wouldn't watch it again

It was entertaining and I didn't feel like I wasted my money, but I don't think I'd get anything from a second viewing.

The hate seems kind of unjustified to me, the only thing I didn't like was the overuse of Die Antwoord
>>
File: Tempbot.webm (3MB, 620x360px) Image search: [Google]
Tempbot.webm
3MB, 620x360px
I'd rather watch Tempbot
>>
>>64660661
He spraypaints Ten$ion on every goddamm thing including the robot. You probably own the album without knowing why.
>>
>>64662148
I still would a wonder woman
>>
>>64658152
Because it's fashionable for people to hate on Die Antwoord even though those same people are too stupid to understand Die Antwoord's performances.
>>
>>64663535
Everyone hates fun now
>>
nobody in it could act.
>>
>>64663535
They're a cringeworthy le edge counter culture group with like 2 good songs.
>>
Because it wasn't District 10.
>>
>>64665012
This.

Everyone wants a follow-up to D9. They're going to just wait long enough that no one cares anymore, then make it, then complain when nobody watches it.

>I know, lets get Matt Damon

Fuck you.
>>
>>64661123
>y u do dis
;_;
>>
>bad acting
>bad directing
>bad casting
>Huge Jackedman's horrid hair
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.