[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Shadows of the Empire considered canon now that Disney

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

Is Shadows of the Empire considered canon now that Disney owns the rights?
>>
Yes of course, why wouldn't it be?
>>
>>64655272
I think so, yea.
>>
Of course it's in the canon.
In the "legends" canon that exists alongside the new canon.
>>
No, it's EU shit
>>
File: 1450759033770.webm (3MB, 1000x426px) Image search: [Google]
1450759033770.webm
3MB, 1000x426px
The original title of Episode VII was supposed to be "Shadow of the Empire".
>>
>>/Reddit/
>>
File: disney.jpg (316KB, 1239x216px) Image search: [Google]
disney.jpg
316KB, 1239x216px
>>64655272
>>
>>64655436
no, Lucas devised the Shadows story himself

the whole thing was a marketing exercise to work out how they would cross-promote material and spin off minor characters into their own merchandising when the prequels began
>>
>>64655585
Shadows occurs before Return of the Jedi
>>
>>64655272
No its gone
>>
>>64655634
"Disney removed all Expanded Universe works from the canon. They announced that the existing six films and The Clone Wars television series are the "immovable objects" of Star Wars storytelling"
>>
>>64655272

No but a dash rendar movie would be dope.
>>
>>64655272

Shadows Of The Empire
Thrawn
& Mara Jade

Singlehandely made Star Wars cool again
>>
People hating on the E - it's always sad. Do you even Star Wars?
We get worse stuff in the new EU, are you happy now?
>>
File: Jimbo.png (307KB, 361x501px) Image search: [Google]
Jimbo.png
307KB, 361x501px
You are now aware that you live in a world, a terrifying world, where there are people right this moment who use terms such as "canon" and "cinematic universe" when talking about films and television shows.

A terrifying world where imagined characters on a screen are required, according to those who discuss them, to adhere to "ground rules" set out by the creators of said-characters. A terrifying world where those that discuss these characters and their actions, are actually enraged if said-characters deviate from the mannerisms expected of them, the mannerisms that may have initially been set in the pages of a comic book.

Think about that. A comic book. For children. Yes, pictures and words on the same page, which are meant to be read by children, that are actually read by adults who then bicker and express their frustration at film-adaptations of these comic books not being "faithful". Faithful to a comic book. That's supposed to be read by young children.

This is your world. This is the world of capeshit. Terrifying, isn't it?
>>
His ship is in a new hope, totally canon.
>>
>>64655272
>>64655585
Who cares. Canon is whatever you want to be canon. Fuck disney.
>>
>>64656033
holy fuck what was the original pasta
>>
>>64655781

There were some absolute gems in the old EU for sure, but shit like the Vong and the Suncrusher? I'm happy to throw the baby out with the bathwater on that. I sense you're just exaggerating, but has there been anything in the new EU that's worse than the worst of the old EU?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.