[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are they canon?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

File: prequel-posters1-590x900.jpg (35KB, 590x291px) Image search: [Google]
prequel-posters1-590x900.jpg
35KB, 590x291px
Are they canon?
>>
>>64652949
Yes REDDIT
>>
Yes.
>>
>>64652957
>>64652958
Well I don't think they are
>>
>>64653004
Well then you are lost.
>>
>>64652949
No. Even the studio that purchased them wants to pretend they don't exist.
>>
>>64652949
Not from my point of view.
>>
>>64652949
unfortunately yes
>>
Disney Canon, aka "how likely it is to be referenced in major Star Wars media publications"

Level 1: ANH, TESB, ROTJ, TFA
Level 2: Rebels, Clone Wars
Level 3: TPM, AOTC, ROTS, Lucas edits to OT
Level 4: Marvel Comics, novels like Tarkin
>>
>>64652949
I like to think they aren't
>>
>We made a film for the fans
>It constantly referenced the original films but didn't make a single reference to the shit trilogy
>We care about fans
>>
>>64653098
The weird thing is that CW, Rebels, and the PT all have some references to the old EU (now Legends) in them. Small things, but still...

The SW canon is very loose. Are the Ewoks movies canon? The Droids and Ewoks cartoons? The Holiday Special? The HS had some things in them that became canon later on (Boba Fett, for example).
>>
>>64653146
It did. They used McGregor for the voice of Obi-Wan, for one.
>>
>>64653193
As someone who never followed the EU, what are some examples of the old EU being referenced in the PT and CGI shows? Do they now contradict the current canon?
>>
>>64653146
But they proved that they cared by not referencing the prequels. What's your point?
>>
>>64652949
RLM hates them so I do too.
>>
>>64653232
Coruscant was taken from the Thrawn trilogy, which George said he liked as it kept interest in Star Wars going throughout the early 90s. Characters like Aayla Secura and Quinlan Vos were taken from the EU and then made canon.
>>
They referenced the prequels by making Kylo Ren a whiny fuckboy like his grandfather in the prequels. Where else would he have gotten that?
>>
>>64653232
I'm not going to look it up, but I did before. On the top of my head, there was the Holocrons (Holographic Chronicles, I think) from Dark Empire (that weird Sith!Luke/Young Clone! Sheev mess of a storyline). The fact that they exist doesn't mean the storylines they appeared in in the EU are canon, but they came from there.Fuck, there was a lot of other small things like that, but I looked it up some time ago and can't remember. The kyber crystals from Splinter of the Mind'ss Eye.
>>
>>64653279
The Thrawn Trilogy is pretty good sci-fi, Star Wars or not. It's one of the few EU things that is worth reading.

My personal canon is the OT and the Trawn Trilogy. I know a lot of people like some of the games too, but I never played them. It's not my thing. But I hear that some are as good as the TT.
>>
>>64653216
Didn't they go to the lengths of cutting two different Alec Guinness quotes together to make "Rey"?
>>
>>64653633
No. They just cut "Rey" out of Guinness saying, "afraid", in the OT.
>>
>>64652949
>>64653004
>>64653052
>>64653077
>>64653085
>>64653110
>>64653146
>>64653257
Hello Reddit. Please go back to your anti-art shithole.
>>
>>64654466
haha epic satire, I get it haha le epic pretendin to be lucas meme

wew lad, simply wew
>>
>>64652949
NO
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xpSbO1KV62w
>>
>>64654518
Chill Reddit
>>
>>64654466

>being this good at outing redditors

I guess you're from reddit yourself, kiddo? Let me give you some advice. Best you fuck off there now, son.
>>
Yes, they are official canon. Right now the canon is Prequels, Clone Wars, OT, Shadows of the Empire, Rebels, Force Awakens.

Caravan of Courage, Battle for Endor, Droids/Ewoks, and Aspects of the Holiday Special like Life Day are also canon in the Star Wars universe but generally unimportant to the current plot string.

Current approved Disney extended universe is also canon.
>>
>>64652949
No but they are good for memes.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.