[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So wait. Let me get this straight. /tv/ actually LIKES the Prequels

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6

File: asdf.jpg (16KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
asdf.jpg
16KB, 640x480px
So wait. Let me get this straight. /tv/ actually LIKES the Prequels and thinks they are GOOD now?

What happened....
>>
>>64650865
reddit left
>>
One word: Reddit.
>>
>>64650865
Reddit came back
>>
>>64650916
>>64650920
>>64650923
Hello Reddit!
>>
it's just baiting and trolling, and a bunch of people who are big enough idiots to parrot bait opinions
>>
>>64650865
The reddit name calling shit flinging has really reached new levels. All opinions are now both reddit and not reddit because 4chan is now both the opposite and embodiment of reddit. Everything you know is wrong.
>>
File: 1408058821137.jpg (70KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1408058821137.jpg
70KB, 900x900px
>>64650916
>>64650920
>>64650923
ENOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUGH
REDDIT LIKE THE FORCE AWAKENS
YOU FUCKING MORONS
>>
TFA was so bad that it made people reevaluate the prequels
>>
Something worse came along.
>>
Leaked screenshot from
Episode VIII : The Lukening
>>
I actually liked Episodes II and III and Episode I was a kid's film that I enjoyed when I was a kid.

I always thought the hate about the Prequels was a meme and the worst kind of meme because critics and middle aged people propegated the meme.

I never watched Plinkett and never browsed Reddit.

I am sure most of /tv/ is just autism-ing it up, but I finally feel justified.
>>
>>64651065
pretty much, tfa was basically the same caliber as that terminator remake... everyone hated that yrt it had all the same ripoff qualities that tfa had

tfa is an unimaginative piece of shit in a series of films that actually tried to be imaginative... it completely missed the point of the entire series
>>
>>64651052
Reddit also likes the prequels, what's your point?
>>
>>64651148
>it completely missed the point of the entire series
Now this is shitposting.

>>64651125
Hello reddit!
>>
nostalgic contrarianism, 4chan's key trait

as soon as the next one comes out people will complain its not as good as TFA

/pol/ says the bush years were much better than obama years and they were the good ol days

/v/ says GTA IV is so much better despite complaining about how shit it was before GTA V came out
>>
>>64651150
Yeah but they like it for the wrong reasons.
>>
John BOYARDEEAYGA
>>
>>64651258
f you use the word "contrarian," you're literally an idiot. It's a concept invented by idiots with reddit sensibilities who are too fragile to deal with criticism of mediocre media that has widespread appeal.

It's a troubling manifestation of millennials' mental weakness. Seriously, the only people who would even entertain any "argument" involving the concept of being "contrarian" are weak, lazy idiots who can't deal with criticism substantively.

If it bothers you that much that people criticize mediocre mass-marketed work designed to appeal to the lowest common denominator, like Transformers, Breaking Bad, pop music, etc., you should find a safe bubble and stay there. Or kill yourself.
>>
>>64651448
>If it bothers you that much that people criticize mediocre mass-marketed work designed to appeal to the lowest common denominator,
the logic with this is no one has any problem with that, the problem is they have to praise the prequels as well as if they aren't mass marketed work appealing to the lowest common denominator

It's as if you criticize something that is popular in mainstream that appeals to the "millennials' mental weakness" and then go ahead and praise another thing that was popular in the mainstream 5 years ago
>>
reddit hates the prequals... so does that mean the majority of /tv/ is reddit now?
>>
>>64651018
I love it, dumbfucks don't know what opinion to parrot to feel superior any more.
>>
>>64651448
>It's a concept invented by idiots with reddit sensibilities who are too fragile to deal with criticism of mediocre media that has widespread appeal

Sounds like you're too fragile to deal with criticism about your criticism, Redditor.
>>
File: 1451382325729.jpg (2MB, 1995x4839px) Image search: [Google]
1451382325729.jpg
2MB, 1995x4839px
>>64652281
Have you become patrician today?
>>
File: HAHAHAHAHAHA.png (66KB, 725x846px) Image search: [Google]
HAHAHAHAHAHA.png
66KB, 725x846px
>>64650865
This happened.

It didn't even out-do TPM. Franchise is dead, no matter what they say.
>>
>>64651018
It's a shitposter's dream come true. Dance with me anon.
>>
>>64651448
Says the contrarians redditor.
>>
>>64651018
Hello Reddit?
>>
>>64651556
This guy basically nails it. /tv/ is populated with social rejects always on the outside looking in, when everyone was into one cool thing they weren't, or they weren't there fast enough or the others never excepted them. To cope the simply decided to think everything the cool kids thought was cool was shit, and picked something no one else was into and latched to that. When that becomes the new fad they drop it and move on.

It's an ego based mentality, they have to imagine themselves superior to everyone else, so they shit on the things and ideas that are popular and say the thing they like is better or more sophisticated. Of course this eventually leads to them pretending to like things because everyone else decides they suck. Next thing you know you have an obsession with opposing the majority no matter what and some faggot is actually claiming the prequels were beautiful genius pieces of timeless art. Why? Because no one else thinks that.
>>
>>64651556
>praise the prequels

Does anyone actually do that? I agree that TFA made me hate the prequels less and appreciate what they tried to do more, but I still don't think they're good movies just because TFA is worse.
>>
>>64652570
That's the basic gist of it. All we can do now is laugh at the lengths these contrarians will go to, to be different.
>>
>>64652570
>>64652612
Why don't you faggot's leave.
You're both sadder then the people you are complaining of.

There is literally nothing more hilarious then people who come here and shitpost about shitposters while on there high-horse. Getting meta about 4chan is simply sad, enjoy the ride or get the fuck off. It's pretty simple.

Faggots.
>>
>>64652657
>inb4 people complain about my grammer.
I did this to myself.
>>
>>64652570
>some faggot is actually claiming the prequels were beautiful genius pieces of timeless art. Why? Because no one else thinks that.
http://www.slashfilm.com/star-wars-bits-critic-calls-revenge-of-the-sith-the-greatest-work-of-art-of-the-past-30-years-plus-keeping-episode-vii-secret-new-trilogy-fan-art-rick-baker/
>>
>>64652657
Lol nice grammar redditor
>>
>>64652680
It's not surprising that the same people who attack the prequels are always unversed in real film or anything artistic, and that the people who praise the prequels (Zizek, Paglia and Brody) are always literate, educated, and versed in real film.

The fact that everyone points to Plinkett as the authority on why the prequels are bad speaks volumes. Mike Stoklasa is one of the least artistic people on the planet - he can't process movies outside of the conventions of Hollywood films, his approach to narrative is tempered with the same surface-level requisites listed on tvtropes.

Any complaint that people have about the prequels illustrates a weak grasp on film. Their sensibilities for 'good dialogue' in what is intentionally pulp comes from bad pulp, ie, the original Star Wars, the only pulp they've ever seen. They would similarly view any homage-driven art film and miss the entire point.

Lucas' only mistake in the prequels was doing something daring, original, artistic and literate, not realizing that the manchildren conditioned by the original SW trilogy to loathe anything cerebral would lash out against his cinematic risks.
>>
http://www.seanbaby.com/ifls/043.shtml

>Laser Squad: If we'd put our list together before 1999, we might have included this movie. Then George Lucas, or as we call him now, Dr. Hitler, made Star Wars Episode 1. That was way more than we needed to turn on him. Just by thinking we would want to watch that space garbage was like spending $200 million to tell the entire world, "You are all boiling morons." What a dick. Don't get us wrong, we still love and admire Yoda, and sometimes Erik pretends he's talking to Han Solo on the phone, but it would be a serious violation of our ethics if we said something nice about the comedic mind behind Jar Jar Binks.
>>
>>64650865
Because people always listen to the Beta's they regard as Patricians and the fact that hating the prequels is reddit now that means they can't do it anymore.
>>
>>64652751
This meme just gets better and better
>>
Contrarian special snowflakes
>>
>>64653217
meaningless buzzwords: the post
>>
>>64650865
we became big guys
>>
>>64653217
>Contrarian

You know when a word has been around forever but amongst a certain section of the online community it starts getting used 50 times in a single thread because they can't think of anything else to say?

see
>You're on the wrong side of history
>is this really the hill you want to die on

etc etc
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.