[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i enjoyed this film for the most part but never understood why

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: no country for old men.jpg (7KB, 185x273px) Image search: [Google]
no country for old men.jpg
7KB, 185x273px
i enjoyed this film for the most part but never understood why they killed off llewelyn moss the way they did. we spend half the movie watching him run around and we don't even see him die properly
>>
>>64647530
cause a lot of what Coens do in this movie and in other movies of theirs is about subverting expectations, which is what good writers do. But really it's because the movie is about Ed Tom.
>>
>>64648211
>But really it's because the movie is about Ed Tom.

This. Hence the title.
>>
>>64647530
shit movie. Seriously, they try to make up bad writing by shocking you.
>>
>>64647530
cohen kikes are hacks. the book was better than the movie.

what the movie doesn't make even remotely clear is that it's actually about sheriff bell.
>>
File: you.jpg (15KB, 635x414px) Image search: [Google]
you.jpg
15KB, 635x414px
>Waahh I want all movies to be generally the same and work in about the same way
>Wahhh I hate watching a movie and have any aspect of it be different
>Wahhh I want storytelling to happen the same way every time
>Wahhh
I bet you hate Beyond the Black Rainbow you plebian.
>>
I remember laughing my ass off, i had a couple people i knew that were so mad they didn't show moss' death, what would showing it have done for you? the movie is perfect.
>>
>>64647530
I feel that anon, I almost laughed when he died
"well that was unexpected, suppose shits over now"

a least it made sense
>>
>>64648282
there isn't much difference between the novel and the movie

the only major difference that I remember is Moss picking up that chick and talking with her a lot
>>
>>64647530
Because the world is a cruel harsh and random place that we can't understand, that's why the only comfort is the dream about the afterlife Ed Tom Bell has at the end
>>
>>64647530
>we spend half the movie watching him run around and we don't even see him die properly

How many people get this luxury in real life
>>
>>64647530
By they do you mean Cormac McCarthy, who wrote the book?
>>
>>64647530
Because it's not about him. It's about Ed Tom and how he has gotten tired of seing all the senseless violence and agony man afflicts on eachother after a lifetime on the force, and how it eventually causes him to retire.
>>
>>64648282
>>64649051
There really is no difference besides sheriff being a war veteran and survivors guilt and the ending where llewyn's wife dies. Honestly the movie was way better than the book, it did everything in the book and tweaked the right small things to make it even better
>>
>>64647530

You don't get the hero's death scene in this movie. It's not that kind of movie.

In fact it's rather cold.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.