[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is he still allowed to direct movies who does he have on his side?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: m_night_shamalangadingdong.jpg (7KB, 197x256px) Image search: [Google]
m_night_shamalangadingdong.jpg
7KB, 197x256px
Why is he still allowed to direct movies who does he have on his side?
>>
>The Sixth Sense: 9/10
>Unbreakable: 8/10
>Signs: 5/10
>The Village: 4/10
>Lady in the Water: 2/10
>The Happening: 2/10
>The Last Airbender: 0/10
>After Earth: 0/10
>The Visit: 0/10

Truly a legend.
>>
>>64646464
switch the Sixth Sense and Unbreakable and I agree with this completely
>>
>>64646464
The Visit was better than Signs desu
>>
>>64646464
The Visit succeeded in being incredibly tense which is all that really matter for its genre.
>>
File: 1423000488655.jpg (20KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
1423000488655.jpg
20KB, 306x306px
>mfw the firebenders are indian
>>
>>64646464
>>64646503
Unbreakable was definitely not an 8. I think even a 6 would be too generous.
>>
Because his earlier flicks made the studios a lot of money?
and his latest one did pretty well for its budget.
>>
>>64646346
because he's produces, writes, and directs movies that make money despite their quality

pretty simple really
>>
Has he become a hack yet?
I think not
>>
DUDE SIGNS LMAO
>>
>>64646574
If he hadn't thought it was a good idea to make the boy a shitty rapper and little girl speak like a college professor I wouldn't have minded. That shit took me out of it.

It did have some really effective scenes, though. He someone managed to ruin the most tense moment (hide and seek) by explaining the intention via the girl and his own film studies 101 knowledge before it actually happens.

In hindsight it just fell short. The entire time I figured there was something supernatural going on, but it turns out he just ripped off the twist from The Harvest. Even that was kind of blown the moment the grandmother smears shit on the laptop's cam. That final football version of the Signs "swing away, Merril" shit with the rapper kid was awful, too.

M Knight really is awful even when he's at his best.
>>
>>64648937
that little boy ruined that movie
that rapping still makes me cringe
>>
>>64649026
At first I thought the entire epilogue with the mother was the lowest of the low points...until that little shit started rapping over the credits. Fucking WHY?!
>>
>>64646346
money and internationally people love his dog shit
>>
>>64646464
>Signs
>5/10

Time to return to reddit
>>
>>64646346
Technically, a dude has rough ride with "After Earth" that he got sucked from a chair. With the last one, he totally financed whole production by the money, he got from the one before "The Visit".
>>
>>64646464
I remember watching The Happening in a theater and everyone was just astonished how bad it was. People were like "Really, that´s it?".
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.