[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The scale and time progression of this movie was terrible. When

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 11

File: 1.jpg (34KB, 620x349px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
34KB, 620x349px
The scale and time progression of this movie was terrible.

When the Death Star v3 blew up the Republic planets, why were the planets all so close together? Was one of them implied to be Coruscant?

How did the beam, initially traveling so slowly, reach a solar system light years away in a few seconds? How was the Republic not aware of this potential weapon if the solar system was so close to Republic territory?

How was Kylo Ren already landing on that planet just moments after Han and Rey arrived? Wasn't he just in the star destroyer watching that slow ass beam fire at the Republic planets? And then for Han to see the beam in the sky a few seconds later, and boom Ren is on the planet.

Apparently the Death Star v3 needs an entire star to charge. The second charge used the star in it's solar system. For its first charge, what star did it use to charge? Was it a star out of the solar system? How could it gather the entire energy of a star in 15 minutes, light years away?

Rey was in hyperspace for 10 seconds when she left the planet she was on to go to Luke's. Same with Han landing on the Death Star. Hyperspace has always taken longer than that.

TFA may have been a good blockbuster, but it was not good cinema, and it was a terrible Star Wars adaption.
>>
>>64644998

test
>>
>>64644998

tldr

>wahh upvote me bros prequels4life
>>
>>64644998
actually starkiller base was a scavenger so obviously it would know how to kill planets lightyears away and apart in a matter of seconds
>>
>>64644998
>Was one of them implied to be Coruscant?
Poe literally name drops the fucking system; Hosnian System. This is not Coruscant. There are more planet-wide cities than fucking Coruscant.

>How did the beam, initially traveling so slowly, reach a solar system light years away in a few seconds? How was the Republic not aware of this potential weapon if the solar system was so close to Republic territory?
It was shot through Hyperspace, making it able to travel very fast toward Hosnian Prime. Starkiller is in the Unknown Regions, which is not mapped out by any galaxy-controling civilization. The First Order took advantage of this to be able to build Starkiller, Star Destroyers, TIEs and new weapons in peace, without the prying eyes of the New Republic.

>Ren on Takodana
Star Destroyers are known to travel very fast through hyperspace, and Takodana is much closer to Starkiller than the Hosnian system. The Finalizer could have gone into hyperspace right after we cut away from Ren.

>Rey in hyperspace
Do you honestly think they wanted to drag out the movie for 10+ minutes just watching Rey and the Falcon travel in hyperspace? Easier to just cut from start to end.
>>
>>64644998
There's some bullshit canon reason why the beam could be seen across the galaxy. Something about the energy of it being too much for simple hyperspace travel, making it able to be seen as it travels through it, when normally you can't see what's going light speed. A very poor reason given by Pablo to describe it, but that's what we have to go with.
>>
>>64644998
But why didn't the Fellowship fly the Eagles to Mordor?
>>
File: 9I89gfk.jpg (973KB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
9I89gfk.jpg
973KB, 3024x4032px
>>64645674
>>64644998

so dig this, they moved the senate to the hosian system, when they reformed the new republic
they also move the senate to the planet that is elected each time
>>
File: AWLWe5L.jpg (838KB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
AWLWe5L.jpg
838KB, 3024x4032px
>>64646022
and this, dumb that we didnt get that whole talking to the new republic and dismissing the the first order as threats scene
>>
>>64644998
star wars the force awakens was easily best movie of the year, and might be second best movie of all time, one behind The Big Lebowski, the best movie of all time no doubt cuh
>>
>>64645374

under rated post
>>
Anyone got a video of it blowing the planets up?
>>
TFA IS THE #1 MOVIE OF ALL TIME THAT CHANGED CINEMA FOREVER

0/10 BUTTHURT HATERS NEED TO CONTINUE CRYING MORE
>>
File: 1448223578629.png (141KB, 439x290px) Image search: [Google]
1448223578629.png
141KB, 439x290px
>>64646064
>sash of agreement
>studied diplomatic demeanor
>exudes authority
>strong womyn and niggers
>>
File: Oh_My_Sides!.jpg (8KB, 199x200px) Image search: [Google]
Oh_My_Sides!.jpg
8KB, 199x200px
>>64646064
>>64646022
the niggpublic that dindu nuffin
>>
File: nonplussed frog.jpg (7KB, 250x241px) Image search: [Google]
nonplussed frog.jpg
7KB, 250x241px
The trouble with all these explanations is that they're NOT IN THE MOVIE.

This was the exact same bullshit pulled by the Prequels. They expect us to know and understand all this shit from comics and books and cartoons, and present us with an incomplete narrative.

Mr. Plinkett literally SINGLES THIS OUT as a criticism of Episode I. Yet somehow it's even worse in TFA.
>>
>>64646355
>Mr. Plinkett literally SINGLES THIS OUT as a criticism of Episode I. Yet somehow it's even worse in TFA.
It's almost like he has no direct influence on the movies. The people making the movies don't have to listen to an annoying fan that negatively influences other fans.
>>
>>64644998
Was there ever an explanation on how they split the beam?

This bothers me more than the other shit, and idk why it's never been brought up. I have a friend in optics who was equally disturbed by this, also they said something about the sun being a different color outside an atmosphere? Not sure about that one.
>>
>>64646355
If you want to know these things, you can always buy the script books, novelization, Incredible Cross Section, comics, and/or the Extended Edition JJ Abrahm's "Auteur Cut" Blue Ray DVD Box Set. :^)
Or just get hyped for Episode VIII. All your questions will be answered. I promise.
>>
>>64644998

And now you all know what it feels like to be a star trek fan talking about ST:2009. JJ doesn't care about universe lore or technical details or anything like that. He is 100% focused on creating characters and generating nostalgic imagery.

In his defense, unlike star trek, star wars doesn't really have the same kind of super-autistic lore standards that for instance tell you exactly how long it should take a ship traveling at warp 5 to travel from earth to vulcan. Hyperspace in star wars has never really been explained or given any kind of reasonable market for distance / time. I mean in RotJ it takes the rebel fleet a few hours to jump from sullust to endor, but in ANH they get from Alderran where the death star was hanging out to yavin in minutes.
>>
File: 1438606239738.gif (1MB, 300x223px) Image search: [Google]
1438606239738.gif
1MB, 300x223px
>>64646480
There wasn't an explanation for anything m8
>>
>>64646480
Space magic, just like everything else in this fantasy series.

I mean come on people, if you're expecting some kind of logic and physics-based explanation for stuff that happens in Star Wars, you're looking at the wrong fucking franchise.

George Lucas didn't write star wars with physics in mind, he just wanted the guns to shoot colored "lasers," spaceships to fly in outer space like airplanes and a magical omnipresent "force" that allowed people to have telekinetic powers and become spooky ghosts, as well as communicate from the dead.

Star Wars is a shit sci-fi franchise, which is why you have to treat it as LOTR in space to take it seriously.
>>
>>64646355
I'm bummed that RLM bitched out of shitting on TFA. Bad star wars movies are good for john williams and plinkett, and we got neither this time.

This movie's asshole is open for pointed criticism too. The last few blockbusters he reviewed aren't trainwrecks like the prequels, so it's basically an hour of "it's good like applebees". But TFA has so many failures in the writing process that we need a comprehensive explanation of this shit.
>>
>>64646581
I think those are better questions than "zomg y is this main character a Mary Sue" x9000 across the board.

If you're gonna dismiss those questions, might as well just make Mary Sue threads banned.
>>
>>64646688
I'm not defending it at all, I've raised the same questions and I have pointed out how fucking stupid Star Wars is as a sci-fi franchise.

I'm saying the only way you can accept this bullshit is to say it's a fantasy series that doesn't take into account simple physics.
>>
>>64646568
>star wars doesn't really have the same kind of super-autistic lore standards
Yeah, but didn't they just invent something silly every time something they couldn't explain came up, like a mystery box for their teleporter? Not very privy to the lore, but I remember reading this somewhere.
>>
File: distances.png (3MB, 1500x1438px) Image search: [Google]
distances.png
3MB, 1500x1438px
>>64646568
Whats funny is the distance between Alderaan and yavin is greater than the distance between sullust and endor
>>
>>64646732
Fair enough. I've taken on the same attitude myself (especially as a person who grew up on sci fi), but I was really hoping they had an official explanation for this stuff even if it's total bullshit.
>>
>>64646480
>>64646688
If this was Star Trek these may have been good questions, nut Star Wars was never trying to be realistic in any way. The original Death Star focused beams on empty space, I don't see why there would be a problem with the beam splitting in this one.
>>
File: 9.jpg (103KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
9.jpg
103KB, 1024x768px
>>64646732
>I'm saying the only way you can accept this bullshit is to say it's a fantasy series that doesn't take into account simple physics.

My smell test for star wars is to ignore logic and just ask does this look imaginative or does it look retarded?

Armored walkers are stupid in a fiction that has air/space craft, but they look amazing and invoke a response. Back when AT-ATs were new to star wars, their justification was debated.

I think a lot of people might feel this way, but they don't realize it. Instead of asking if this sun sucking and blowing weapon is logically consistent with star wars, you should ask if it looks retarded.

I think it does
>>
>>64646975
>Armored walkers are stupid in a fiction that has air/space craft, but they look amazing and invoke a response.
That's literally the canon reason at-ats exist. They were made like that mainly to scare the shit out enemies of the empire.
>>
>>64646975

It would have been a lot cooler if the star killer worked by just sucking up suns. This thing just appears in your solar system, eats your sun, and leaves you to die a horrible death as your planet freezes over and shoots off into the void since there is no gravity to keep it spinning around it's former sun anymore. Far more cruel than just another space lazer.
>>
File: 08-09.jpg (920KB, 1776x1080px) Image search: [Google]
08-09.jpg
920KB, 1776x1080px
>>64646878
JJ's Map
>>
>>64647112
>No mustafar
>No kamino
>Sullust makes the list
There's a reason I put this one together
>>
>>64646959
I must concede, these are definitely good points.

fml. Everything I know is a lie.
>>
>>64647099
This.

Also it sucks up a whole star in one go? How does that mass not fuck shit up internally?
>>
>>64647324
>worried about internal mass of starkiller

>not worried about the star core and draining its energy that quickly would cause it to implode the system they are in
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.