[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Force Awakens

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 206
Thread images: 26

File: debunk-my-bbc.png (418KB, 640x315px) Image search: [Google]
debunk-my-bbc.png
418KB, 640x315px
Now that your "40 Unforgivable Plot Holes in The Force Awakens" have all been thoroughly debunked what will you say about it?

Will you now admit it was the best star wars?
>>
>>64638584
No, because it's not. V will always be considered once of the best films ever made.
>>
>>64638584
Link related
>epicstream.com/news/Star-Wars-Fan-Debunks-Huff-Posts-40-Unforgivable-Plot-Holes-in-The-Force-Awakens
>>
even assuming that the plot holes are inconsequential (they aren't), it's still a poorly made movie

pacing is terrible, dialogue is usually okay but sometimes dips into abysmal, action scenes are mind-numbing
>>
>>64638584
300 predictable replies incoming
>>
>people still actually defending this piece of shit
>>
>>64638584
>no guys luke just trained his 3 year old daughter to swordfight and mind control people before he mind wiped her it all makes sense
>>
>>64638621
ESB was shit you fucking autist.
>>
I just got back from seeing it tonight. I didn't really like it
>>
>>64638584

no one wants to read your headcanon
>>
>>64638584

>everyone's problem is the plot holes!

Yeah no. I just didn't really like it.
>>
>>64638634

why did i actually read this? these are not even refutations. they're just snarky appeals to wait it out and see how many more inches of disney's cock the author can fit in his mouth. count how many times he says 'presumably' or some synonym thereof
>>
>>64638638
nice shitpost
>>
It was aight, a fun watch

But I hate that it has so much shit from the original trilogy, it makes it feel so fan-fictiony
>>
File: 7.jpg (377KB, 2031x1478px) Image search: [Google]
7.jpg
377KB, 2031x1478px
>>64638584
>debunked
>Still hasn't been one person who can explain why Kylo can force push Rey one secondand almost die to an untrained black sanitation janitor the next
>>
>>64638584
http://strawpoll.me/6319517/r
>>
File: 8.jpg (230KB, 600x325px) Image search: [Google]
8.jpg
230KB, 600x325px
>>64638621
>V will always be considered once of the best films ever made.
>>
File: 128576234512.jpg (21KB, 480x600px) Image search: [Google]
128576234512.jpg
21KB, 480x600px
>>64638841
*tips respectfully*
>>
File: glib.png (287KB, 730x544px) Image search: [Google]
glib.png
287KB, 730x544px
>>
I haven't seen it yet anon. I could go watch it for free. 50 meter from my home. But I'm too lazy. I kinda like star wars, but I'm just too lazy. That is kinda fucked up when I put it into words
>>
>>64638634
>complains about clickbait
>his complaints are turned into a clickbait article

True pottery
>>
>>64639282
Well?
>>
>>64639177
>45 prequel apologists
sounds about right
>>
>>64639159
>implying this one hasn't been done to death
You new here?
>>
huh, didn't like the star wars? did you EVEN wAtCh the mooooovie? what's the matter, too fucking awesome for you turdburglar?
>>
File: 1451439094434.png (22KB, 344x291px) Image search: [Google]
1451439094434.png
22KB, 344x291px
>>64638634
Holy cringe, batman.
>>
>>64639303
>for free
Are you a janitor at the cinema?
>>
File: for you.webm (325KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
for you.webm
325KB, 1280x720px
>ESB is the best Star Wars
>>
>>64638841
>>64639185
Stop trying to fit in.
>>
>>64638634

DUDE IT GETS EXPLAINED IN THE NEXT MOVIE LMAO
>>
>>64639282
Nice filename Rodger.
>>
>>64639423
It's never been given a satisfactory answer, kid.
>>
Can someone please post the image of Mikey and jj fucking indi?
>>
>>64639423
All that's been done to death are redditors grasping at straws about the few drops of blood that he loses and how that somehow completely fucks up his connection to the Force, even though we see him effortlessly knock out Rey just seconds before
>>
Nah, there is a black girl and a girl in it. Eew. The original Star Wars were arthouse films with white people in them. Learn your place, nigger.
>>
File: 1451956503959.jpg (94KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1451956503959.jpg
94KB, 640x640px
>>64638634

Fuck off Brian

>"Try finding a car after its been stolen."

Its actually not hard nowadays, since most cars can be tracked through internal GPS or something. I would expect that fucking spaceships would have something similar.

>"Nowhere in the movie does it state Finn was a janitor."

Han calls him a janitor

>"If you don’t understand that this is set-up for future films, then you should have your Netflix password taken away from you."

Yes, its the fan's fault that JJ & Disney fucked up on the screenplay

>Defending Hux's speech

Tarkin didn't need to make a speech to destroy Alderan...he just did it because he was a cold motherfucker who was actually imposing.

>Implying Unkur Plutt is Luke's friend or something

He tries to kidnap Rey in a deleted scene and Chewie rips his arm off.
>>
File: gll.jpg (43KB, 690x460px) Image search: [Google]
gll.jpg
43KB, 690x460px
>>64638584
http://www.newyorker.com/culture/cultural-comment/the-george-awakens
>It took a forgery to get him called an artist.
>>
>>64638584
Do you guys get paid to pretend The Force Rehashed wasn't a shitty movie/almost remake?
Or are you feminists who didnt really like Star Wars but love this one because of stronk wymyen and her black buck?

I've always been curious. Although I guess its also possible you're just trolling.
>>
>>64638584
>Will you now admit it was the best star wars?
If we lived in a world where the OT didn't exist and Lucas only made the prequels; 7 still wouldn't be the best Star Wars film.
>>
>>64639570
>goes straight to the 'kid' shit
Jesus Christ.

>>64639630
>goes straight to the 'reddit' shit
Oh for fuck's sake.

The specific claim that Kylo almost died to Finn is so fucking ridiculous I don't know how to begin to refute it. I don't wanna make strawmen here so I guess I better ask for your specific evidence.
>>
>>64639570
>>64639630

This is a level of stupidity that's difficult to deal with. You aren't satisfied with the answer because you're not smart enough to actually think abstractly. We see in the original trilogy and prequel trilogy that the force is about a frame of mind. We see how it is tied to concentration, emotional state, and we hear characters give advice numerous times in the vein of "clear your mind."

Given all that, if you can't come up with your own answer as to why an emotionally volatile trainwreck who has just been shot in the core by something that was sending people flying into the air might have performance fluctuations, then there's really no possible conclusion other than that you are retarded. Seriously.
>>
Literally who even cares? It's fluff, nonsense fucking nothingness but pretty lights and noises to distract everyone from the shitness of every day life. None of the Star Wars have anything to offer other than this.

Go and watch some proper films - honestly how long is it going to take for /tv/ to get back to shitposting about something other than fucking star wars
>>
>>64639718
I get paid, personally. I know at least one other /tv/ commentor is also getting paid too, the rest I don't know.
>>
File: 1451440199043.jpg (23KB, 190x179px) Image search: [Google]
1451440199043.jpg
23KB, 190x179px
>>64638634
>Wake me up when the war against fun is over.
>>
>>64638634
>debunked
>half of the points are DUDE WE'LL FIND OUT IN FUTURE MOVIES
1/10, made me look
>>
>>64638634
That is the most mary sue debunking ever
>>
>>64639563
That's how trilogies typically work fuckwad.
The first movie in a trilogy is typically used as a foundation to set up the story
>>
>>64638634

I like all of the "dude next movie lmao" topped with a nice "it doesn't matter get over it" here and there, but the one that really rustles me is his complete misrepresentation of people accusing TFA recycling specific plot points as an attack on creating a story with the classical story structure.
>>
Prequels have no plot holes either and they are better movies
>>
>>64639774
He chopped Kylos arm. A little bit more and Kylo loses the fight. A couple inches higher and his carotid artery is hit which would equal certain death.
>>
>>64639775
I'm the anon that's about to argue with them and you look like an idiot in this post. Just stop now.
>>
>>64639775
That would be ok but we literally see him having no problem tossing Rey in the air. The movie does not even hint at his connection to the Force being weakened, it even shows it being just as strong as ever

Again, grasping at straws
>>
>>64638584
>your criticisms have been debunked!

How desperate are you? It's like a religious person losing their shit about someone criticizing their beliefs. Why do you feel the need to defend it so hard in the first place? People don't act like this about the OT, only the Prequels and now the sequels. Compensating for something?
>>
>>64639775
Again ignoring the fact we see him force push Rey easily.
Congrats, you truly are king retard.
>>
File: prequel.jpg (12KB, 293x172px) Image search: [Google]
prequel.jpg
12KB, 293x172px
>>64639846
>>
>>64639775
>might have performance fluctuations
>h-he got his ass kicked after throwing her 30 feet in the air because he ran out of mana
>>
>>64639838
Episode 4 was self contained.
>>
>>64639866
>People don't act like this about the OT
To be fair, that's probably because the OT is universally proclaimed to be the best save for a few fringe Prequel/TFAfags
>>
>>64639838
Not really. Trilogies dont have a shit ton of plot holes that need to be revisited in the next movie because if they did audiences wouldnt want to pay to see the next one.

JewJew is lucky he gets handed massively popular movie series to fuck up with his brand of uncreative shit story telling.
If Star Wars hadn't existed before not only would people not really go to see TFA in the numbers they are, but there probably would be a sequel.
>>
>>64639859

If you disagree with anything I said then you're a retarded sperg as well. I like how you implied being "about to argue with them" lends you some kind of credibility. Kill yourself you obese virgin. The average Star Wars fan is so unintelligent that they can't even grasp the relationship between "leaking gut wound" and "concentration-dependent, meditative discipline." It's like satire, but you people actually exist. This is why you round up /pol/ trash and expel them from society.
>>
>>64638634
>mental gymnastics and clickbait
>>
>>64639838
I can't remember a single good first entry in the trilogy thats point was impossible to understand because we see it in future movies.

The first parts of trilogy are always the ones that are most self contained
>>
>>64639933
Well ya it is, but people readily admit the flaws in the OT, but saying there's a single flaw in the prequels is anathema to the prequel defenders.
>>
>>64639963
you probably like the prequels now, don't you faggot?
>>
File: empire duel.jpg (129KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
empire duel.jpg
129KB, 1366x768px
>>64639856
I guess Vader almost died to Luke here. I thought this duel was about Vader kicking Luke's ass and having control over the situation but it turns out Vader was a punk bitch that almost died because of contact to his shoulder despite everything else we see in the duel. I never realized Luke was so powerful at this point of the trilogy, completely ruining his character arc.
>>
>>64639945
>can't even grasp the relationship between "leaking gut wound" and "concentration-dependent, meditative discipline."
And you can't grasp the fact ( or choose to ignore it since it disproves your entire point) that he had absolutely 0 problems tossing Rey 20 feet in the air and knocking her out cold after getting shot and having that leaking gut wound
>>
>>64639902
>>64639887
>>64639865

This is what I'm referencing when I say that you're too stupid to think abstractly. For people with debilitating emotional problems, as is the case with all Star Wars spergs, you sure have a mysteriously difficult time understanding how human concentration works. Someone who is both physically injured and emotionally volatile might very well be able to sum up the concentration and energy to accomplish a task in one moment, then be incapable in the next moment. This is perfectly in line with actual human behavior.

You retards literally have no ability whatsoever to use your brains, and it's fascinating. When a space fantasy goes over your head it's time to accept that you don't have any valid opinions and anything that pops into your impaired mind should be kept to yourself.
>>
>>64639838
Imagine a version of 'Fellowship of the Ring' where it gets never explained what the One Ring actually is or does or where it comes from.
The eye of Sauron makes a cameo, but it's never explained who or what he is either. The Ringwraiths chase after the ring because... for some reason. It gets explained it the next movie!

There's a difference between setting up a foundation and not explaining jack shit. Why are the 'Resistance' the underdogs when the Empire was defeated 30 years ago? inb4 it gets explained in the visual dictionary
>>
>>64639856

Man nobody dies from blood loss in Star Wars
>>
>>64640022
You're not very bright, are you?
>>
>>64640054
Laser weaponry cauterizes the injuries.
>>
>>64640035
Worthy of a gold medal in the mental gymnastics olympics
>>
>>64639945
You're acknowledging Finn could have beat Kylo and that's fucking retarded. I said I was about to argue with them to show I'm not on their side in this you fuck. You don't have to go full edge while pretending to be a patrician film analyst on /tv/.

Funny how you make this big deal about Kylo being so weak Finn almost beat him but ignore how Kylo is almost toying with Finn the entire fight then goes on to dominate Rey until her force boost.
>>
>>64640049
This. Or imagine seeing ANH with Obi Wan walking around mind tricking people and Vader choking Imperial officers without explaining what the Force is because DUDE NEXT MOVIE LMAO
>>
>>64640035
How much do they pay you btw?
>>
>>64640059
You're pretty autistic, aren't you?
>>
>>64640130

What's it like for you that people can tell you're from /pol/ just based on how profoundly unintelligent and mentally ill you are? Those aren't mental gymnastics, that's called having a basic understanding of how the human mind works. One would think everyone in possession of a human mind would have at least a basic understanding of how a human mind works, but, as it turns out, /pol/ manages to be even less intelligent than most things which aren't human.

There's even a bunch of cliches about how wounded animals are unpredictable and dangerous in case you're too fucking retarded to figure out the effects of a tumultuous emotional state on mental consistency and discipline.
>>
>>64640035
>Someone who is both physically injured and emotionally volatile might very well be able to sum up the concentration and energy to accomplish a task in one moment, then be incapable in the next moment.
Not really, retard.

>i-in my headcannon he was able to do things with the force that were established to be difficult in previous movies but then he got really sad and ran out of adrenaline so he couldn't overpower some chick who had used the force for an hour
>>
>>64639922
>>64640173
That's because Lucas didn't knew if Episode 4 was gonna be popular or not. Episode 4 was just called ''Star Wars'' because it might have been just 1 movie. It wasn't set in stone that it was gonna be a trilogy.
>>
File: blood.jpg (206KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
blood.jpg
206KB, 1366x768px
>>64640093
>>
>>64640327
It was always going to be called Episode IV, sequels or not, but Fox made him change it because they thought it'd be too confusing.
>>
No it's garbage. the original six movies (yes even the prequels) were much better.
>>
>>64640327
Imagine Fellowship of the Ring without explaining what is the One Ring and with Frodo going invisible all of the sudden and with everyone obsessing over it for some unexplained reason.

It'd be a retarded movie, just how TFA is retarded now
>>
>>64639128
This is true. It's entertaining enough if you're just there for the ride, but examining it with any sort of critical eye punches a ton of holes in it. Sometimes you don't even have to look very hard, like how the movie practically flaunts the fact that Rey is way too good at everything she does - and even if you can explain away all of her skills and victories, it's still poor writing to have a protagonist that doesn't seem to face any sort of challenge during their journey. Beyond that, the movie shamelessly rips from ANH, and the pacing is so different from the originals that it makes you feel like you're watching a Marvel movie instead of a Star Wars one - which would have been fine, if I had gone in expecting a Marvel movie.

On the bright side, we have TR8-T0R memes now, so there's a plus.
>>
>>64640304

It's fascinating to watch someone actually deny one of the most fundamental, simplistic aspects of being human. You're literally arguing that concentration isn't something that can fluctuate from moment to moment. Even worse than that, the guy was shot through the gut, so you're also arguing that pain and blood loss don't affect concentration. What's it like knowing most animals are more intuitive than you are?
>>
>>64640403
Honestly, i wouldn't mind if they would explain that in the next movie.
>>
File: awkward gay shit acting.gif (2MB, 500x220px) Image search: [Google]
awkward gay shit acting.gif
2MB, 500x220px
>>64638584
what 40 plotholes? it's just a shitty movie and only millennials will like it.

it makes no sense the potato adores vader, luke definitely told him he was actually a good guy and even beacme a force ghost. they fucking burnt his corpse because he was a good guy, everyone knew it at this point.

he has absolutely no motivations and reasons to join the dark side so far and it's doubtful this will change. meanwhile anakin had great reasons to join the dark side.

it makes no sense rey is suddenly this good. 30 minutes earlier ren easily wrecked her. then he can't beat her anymore and she goes from not knowing what the force is to as strong as Luke in VI.

it's makes no sense how deformed vader's helmet is. wood fire doesn't do this.

it's retarded ren freezes plasma shots. they are supposed to be deflected with the sword, this was lucas' vision. if jedi can easily freeze them, there is no reason for not just using regular bullets which are faster and more leathal anyway. now the only reason would be "but plasma looks cooler" which of course is a terrible reason from a world building perspective.

killing off the only charismatic actor.
>>
>>64640432

How do you not understand that people who repost memes are mentally retarded? How is it possible that you don't grasp the fact that your filename and your final sentence reveal your rock bottom IQ and therefore invalidate anything and everything you might possibly have to say on any subject?
>>
>>64640495
>it's just a shitty movie and only millennials will like it.
This. It's Star Wars for the ADD generation, literally Marvel capeshit with lightsabers
>>
>>64640304
Stop wasting your time.

The fanboi>>64640449 is clearly retarded.
>>
>>64640495
This tbqh (to be quite honest).
>>
>>64640449
>You're literally arguing that concentration isn't something that can fluctuate from moment to moment
Things fluctuate. Things don't fluctuate so much that you go from throwing a 100 pound chick 30 feet in the air to being weaker than her. You TFA apologists keep trying to pretend huge swings in ability in tiny periods of time are totally believable because "lol sometimes things change therefore any level of change makes sense".

>pain
That he was already experiencing.

>blood loss
I've lost more blood than that scraping my knee you pussy.
>>
File: 1452209489264.jpg (64KB, 500x275px) Image search: [Google]
1452209489264.jpg
64KB, 500x275px
>>64640518
Sorry to hear you hate fun, JJ apologist.
>>
>>64640529
>literally Marvel capeshit with lightsabers
Sad but true. My brother is a huge Marvel fan and he likes TFA better than anything in the OT.
>>
>>64640495
Honestly, only autists get butthurt over this shit. Pretty sure the OT had this too, and god knows the prequels had them. Calling them ''plotholes'' is just what the kids like to call it these days. Also >lucas' vision
Top kek, lucas might be in JUST terretory because he is irrelevant now.
>>
>>64640547

>Fanboy

I don't feel strongly about Star Wars at all, I just really enjoy insulting the type human trash with your combination of rock bottom intelligence and arrogance. It's hilarious to watch a person who literally belongs in a special home for retards deny that a severely wounded, emotionally distraught individual would experience fluctuations in their ability to control their thoughts. I honestly can't say that I would have ever thought I'd encounter a living person who is this stupid. What makes it even funnier is that not only does your "perspective" on this subject reveal your stupidity, but it also shows that you have never had an experience in your life where you were required to focus under trying circumstances. You're a parody of the fat neckbeard shut-in. You're so unintelligent that, if not for /pol/ existing and proving me to that a floor of human stupidity beyond what I ever could have imagined exists, I'd be certain you were trolling.
>>
>>64640612

The fact I'm pointing out is that you're retarded for finding that fun, you inbred manchild.
>>
>>64640705
Ah, the i-don't-care-at-all-wall-o-text.
>>
>>64640705
>experience fluctuations in their ability to control their thoughts
>sometimes ability fluctuates so going from tossing someone 30 feet in the air with no problem at all to being weaker than them 1 minute later is believable.
go home JJ, your movie is bad
>>
I thought it was alright. People take Star Wars flicks too seriously. This isn't art house.
>>
>>64640770
This, who even cares about ''plotholes'' when watching Star Wars. They're flicks, nothing more, nothing less.
>>
Official power rankings
V > IV > VII > VI > II > III > Ewok Adventures > I > Christmas Special
>>
>>64640770
No one is expecting art house, we're expecting a movie to follow basic logic and not be a retarded mess for mouthbreathers with ADD
>>
File: tr8 tor.gif (107KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
tr8 tor.gif
107KB, 300x300px
>>64640733
The movie is bad, being glad we got something silly out of it doesn't mean that every point I make holds no water. That's just a weak cop-out by somebody who can't legitimately defend this turd of a movie.
>>
>>64638584
>>64638634
not an argument
>>
>>64640808
I can roll with that.
>>
>>64640765
Yeah it's almost as unbelievable as when a professional athlete does really well one game and then has several bad plays in a row. Who would believe that could happen in real life?
>>
>>64640798
It's not so much that stupid shit exists as that idiots try to argue it's not stupid.
>>
>>64640833
It's unbelievable when a boxer knocks out his opponent cold with the first punch of the fight and then gets knocked out himself 30 seconds later
>>
File: 1433651457845.jpg (266KB, 1536x864px) Image search: [Google]
1433651457845.jpg
266KB, 1536x864px
>>64638584
>Episode 8 Climax: Rey faces down Kylo Ren on a desolate, barren planet
>Kylo is on his knees furiously pounding the ground and crying out in frustration and anger; his helmet is split in half and on the ground
>Kylo: RAAAAAAARGH!!! WHY!? AFTER EVERYTHING!! AFTER ALL THAT EFFORT!!! WHY CAN'T I STILL BEAT YOU!!!?
>Kylo: I EVEN..!! I-I even...
>Rey is standing above Kylo looking down at him with her lightsaber in the right hand and Kylo's in her left
>Rey: Give up and return to us, I know you can feel the light side beckoning you, it's what your father would have wanted
>Kylo: F-father...I-
>???: *Stop resisting*
>Kylo: !?
>???: *Consume you*
>Kylo hears a voice from within himself and becomes confused
>Kylo: W-who are you? Where are you talking to me from?
>Rey stares at Kylo in confusion
>???: *Your hatred*
>Kylo: I-I...
>Kylo stands up and just stands there quietly
>Rey: Kylo?
>???: *Let it consume you*
>The wind suddenly shifts
>Rey begins to look around with a worried expression
>Rey: What is this presence?
>Kylo: ...
>???: *LET YOUR HATRED CONSUME YOU*
>Kylo slowly raises his hand
>Rey: !?
>Kylo's lightsaber is ripped from Rey's grip
>Rey: K-Kylo!?
>Kylo slowly turns his head towards Rey, his eyes now completely blackened out
>Rey: W-what's happened to you!?
>Kylo extends his hand and summons lighting forth from his fingertips
>Rey: Aaaaahhhh!
>Rey manages to block with her lightsaber but is thrown back and lands on her back
>Kylo: I've...
>Kylo begins to laugh maniacally and takes a stance
>Kylo: Awakened
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TazywZDuj9I Starts playing at full blast

>[THE FORCE INTENSIFIES]
>>
>>64640658
Your post screams "I just turned 19 years old".

Fuck off, please. This movie is terrible.

>o-only autists care if it was terrible, it's great
>>
>>64640877
Name one person in all of Star Wars who died to a Sith/Jedi and came back alive 30 seconds later. We'll wait while you sweat...
>>
>>64640495
All of this and more.
>>
>>64638584
Changes I'd do to TFA:
>Include Rey's flight sim to explain her piloting skills.
>Have Rey activate the doors just after Finn is grabbed by the Rathtar, pretty much cut down on the entire sequence.
>Replace TR-8R with Phasma. She needs at least one scene as a badass if she's going to appear in any of the future films.
>Have Rey more obviously out-classed when she fights Ben. She can still give him the scar and it's ok if she gets better as they fight, but let that fissure be what ends the battle instead of having Rey as the definitive winner.
>Cut to black just as Rey heads into lightspeed in the Millenium Falcon to find Luke. Then fade in to a shot showing the island, cut to a robed figure meditating alone on the top of the island. Close-up of Luke's face as he opens his eyes and looks into the camera. Roll Credits. No shitty helicopter shots, no dragged out walking sequence with those shitty slow desloves.
>>
>>64640911
>confusing being knocked out with being dead
>>
>>64640940
Then name one knocked out person in Star Wars who does that. We're still waiting. Your pool of nervous sweat is growing larger...
>>
>>64640495
TFA millennials on suicide watch
>>
>>64640833
>performing slightly worse against another professional athlete when major details like leverage, relative position, etc are completely changed
>going from hulk strength to weaker than a 100 pound girl who has used to force for an hour
>the two are totally comparable
There you go again.
>>
>>64640999
Uhh, Rey against Kylo. She falls down unconscious after he tosses her against a tree, wakes up and beats the shit out of him
>>
Just got back from finally seeing it.

Do actual adults like this? It was one of the most laughably poorly written movies I've seen in a long time.
>>
>>64640495
Didn't know this was or had become pasta.
>>
>>64641033
She was never even unconscious. She just hit a tree and stood up immediately.
>>
>>64641084
Except that this is 100% incorrect, she falls down, he beats Finn with Rey nowhere in sight and then we have the big reveal of her standing up and being stronger with the Force than Kylo
>>
>>64640765

It is believable. It was agreed upon as believable by people working on a movie worth billions of dollars for a reason, and it's considered unbelievable by retarded aspies circlejerking on the worst site on the internet for a reason. Your lack of self-awareness is astounding. Surely even if you're too stupid to understand how fucking wrong and ignorant you are, you shouldn't be too stupid to recognize that professionals smarter than you decided it was plausible?

Please try some basic meditation exercises like repeating the same word over and over in your head. Notice how intrusive thoughts like insecurity over your low intelligence and fat, amorphous body creep in and inexplicably prevent you from succeeding at what sounds like a very simple task. Notice how your concentration waxes and wanes from moment to moment. Then, just for fun, do it while being kicked in the stomach by someone.
>>
>>64638584
I will excuse everything if they make them fuck.
>>
>>64640999
Nice trips.

You're the guy who wants an example of a complete 180 fight, right? Ren goes from being able to stop blaster bolts midair and hold them with no apparent effort, able to completely paralyzes Rey with the force and faint her with a wave of his hand, and shoving her around on Starkiller base and throwing her into a tree with little effort. And then he loses Anakin's old saber to a force tug-of-war with Rey less than five minutes later, followed by Rey's mid-battle meditation which miraculously turns the tide.

The way I understood it, people don't like this because it's incongruent with the movie's own attempts to make Kylo look powerful, and that previous Star Wars movies didn't have fights that did complete 180s - that's why this is dumb.
>>
>>64641139
>she falls down
>everyone who falls down is unconscious
You have taken debate to new lows.
>b-but it took 20 seconds for the camera to go back to her!
Then I guess Admiral Akbar, Leia, Poe Dameron and all the other characters off camera were also knocked unconscious. Is this seriously what you believe? Anyone not on camera is just asleep? How do you even know how to breathe?
>>
>>64641147
>it makes sense because the film makers did that
>film makers never do anything that doesn't make sense
>resorting to ad verecundiam
>failing this hard
>>
>>64641213
Where was she when Finn was fighting Ren? Did she just stand around and watch the fight so we can have our big dramatic reveal?
>>
>>64641147
>nothing in a movie is bad because people who were paid to make the movie put it in and the people criticizing it were not paid to make the movie
Do you have downs or did you not realize your 6th grade worksheet on fallacious arguments is what you're *not* supposed to do?
>>
>>64641172
Kylo is legit gay though.
>>
>>64641221
No, I think JJ is taking a jab a Star Wars fans though.
>>
>>64641249
Where is anyone who is off camera during a fight scene? Have you ever seen a movie before? I'll give you a hint, they're not all unconscious. I can't believe that's what you thought was happening to all people you can't see.
>>
>>64640035
The Dark side feeds off emotion and suffering, I have no idea how you can argue that a sith embroiled with MORE emotion than usual has a WEAKER grasp on the force.
>>
>>64641147
>i-it makes perfect sense
>the corporate overlords who sold me the movie ticket said so!

pretty sad tbqphwymf
>>
>>64639681
>Its actually not hard nowadays, since most cars can be tracked through internal GPS or something. I would expect that fucking spaceships would have something similar.
Fucking this. Han even says they were able to find the Falcon easily because it's covered in tracking beacons and shit.
>>
>>64640518
I think I just found the biggest autist in the thread.
Jesus Christ I can see your over weight cheeto encrusted fingers through this post.
>>
>>64641147
>other people said it was believe and I listened and believed so you should too
>>
>>64641147
>it makes sense because the movie makers did it
As if we needed any further proof that TFA fans are the most cancerous posters on this board
>>
>>64641326
So she's just standing there the whole time and twiddling her thumbs while Finn gets torn to shreds?

That version might be even more retarded than what we got in this abomination of a movie
>>
>>64641147
You're a fucking clown, do you know that?
>>
>>64640495
>wood fire can't melt plastisteel
>>
>>64641333
Even though he expressed it like an autist in a rage, I think his point is that Sith don't have control over their emotions. They have power but no control. And even when they do have control like Palpatine, they're torn apart by the corrupting influence.
>>
>>64641249
You realize that anon knows you're correct but is taking issue with how you argue, right?
>>
>>64641259
>>64641216

This response was anticipated and responded to pre-emptively and you still made it? /pol/ confirmed, you're the only people who are that stupid.

>Surely even if you're too stupid to understand how fucking wrong and ignorant you are, you shouldn't be too stupid to recognize that professionals smarter than you decided it was plausible?

In other words, even if you're too dumb to grasp why you're objectively wrong using basic layman knowledge of psychology, your own experience with concentration/focus, and basic critical thought, you should at least be able to recognize that people paid to be smarter than you say you're wrong. It's like how even if you're too retarded and ignorant to understand rationally that drinking salt water won't keep you alive at sea, you can at least be smart enough to listen to the doctor or other experienced professional telling you that drinking salt water won't keep you alive at sea. Sometimes not embarrassing yourself in an argument is just a matter of recognizing that even if you're an ignorant, mentally retarded chimpanzee, not everyone is, and you should listen to those who aren't.
>>
>>64641213
Are you seriously suggesting she was not unconscious?
10/10 trolling, kid.
>>
>>64638584
what does that have to do with it being a rehash that makes no movement to the series. oh wait it does move it back to
E4
>>
>>64641333
Maybe he had feelings for Rey and didn't want to really kill or hurt her. He even offered her to become his student.
>>
>>64640585
how do your parents allow you to be so hardcore?
>>
>>64641464
Do you think she was? You trolled yourself with your own stupidity.
>>
>>64639838
TFM is also self contained.
>>
>>64641458
>people are paid to make movies
>people who are paid to do something are always right
>therefore no movie ever made was bad
>>
>>64641517
I know she was.The film shows her waking up from her unconsciousness.
>>
>>64640495
That's a lot of assumptions you've made there friend.
You sound mad desu
>>
>>64641527
More like self contained shit lmao
>>
>>64641458
>you guys just pointed out how my argument was completely retarded and fallacious
>i'm going to repeat it
>>
>>64641458
Wait, hold the fuck up here.

Is the argument "it's made by professionals, it can't be bad" supposed to convince anyone to change their opinions on this? Extending that line of reasoning, every film made by a professional should be rated a perfect 10, doctors should never misdiagnose patients or mess up a surgery, and athletes should never have anything less than perfect games - after all, they're professionals, right?

What the heck was this supposed to prove?
>>
>>64641216
>>64641259
>>64641360
>>64641384
>>64641384
>>64641426

>I'll just conveniently ignore the thought experiment in the post as well as the dozen different ways in which I was already proven to be wrong and mentally retarded to accuse someone of arguing fallaciously because they introduced an alternative way of considering the issue

This is what happens when a redneck impregnates a hooker in a motel and she proceeds to drink copious amounts of hard liquor over the course of her pregnancy.
>>
>>64641553
>She stood up off the ground
>So she was unconscious
I can't believe anyone is this dumb. Are you pretending?
>>
>>64639282
>"I knew that, whatever we did, there would be a group of people ... that would take issue with any number of things," the director tells THR.

What a cop out. Fans take issue with all 3 movies in the OT. Opinions are asymmetric and full of noise and biases.

>"But I knew we weren't making the movie for any other reason than we believed that it could be something meaningful and special and entertaining and worthy of people's time."

There must be a mistake. I heard the man who said this made this movie.
>>
>Hey guys let's get upset because other peoples opinions are different than ours.
/tv in a nutshell.
There's more shit posting here than on /b/ for christs sake
>>
>>64641333
That anon is a full blown colo clawtist but it does make sense for Kylo. He only does impressive things when people are intimidated by him or the situation is going in his way. He's a bitch when he's scared, sad, or unsure of himself.

I don't know how much of a 'hard rule' it is for his power and how much it's a story telling element, but his control over the force seems to directly correspond to how much people are scared of him. It's like he's only as strong as other people let him be.
>>
>>64641608
Your thought experiment is based on a logically fallacious assumption of a perfect authority
>>
>>64641629
>camera angle from Reys perspective
>shows you her eyes opening to look over to Finn/Kylo
>She picks herself up

For someone who said they didn't care you seem awful butthurt, my friend.
>>
>>64641608
>it's ok that i'm an idiot whose thought process reads like a textbook trying to explain why logic is important
>it's an "alternative way of considering the issue"
Have you considered bleach as an alternative to water?
>>
>>64641695
>eyes opening means unconsciousness
Oh Jesus. You get dumber with every post. Eyes opening is a common trope when an action scene is about to get real.
>>
>>64641562

That wasn't my "argument." My "argument," which was essentially just stating objective facts about reality to dense trailer trash neckbeards who deserve to die slow, painful deaths, was made in the preceding posts. I was just pointing out that someone like JJ Abrams probably has literally triple the number of IQ points that you have and infinitely more work ethic than you have (and thus has actual experience in what it means to concentrate and be challenged to concentrate). Based on that, he would have noticed if his script had characters behaving unrealistically or outside the confines of the established universe far better than you. That's neither here nor there though, I was just presenting an alternative method by which you could realize you're an embarrassment who should stop posting immediately. Figuring out that you're retarded and wrong is just a matter of having the life experience and/or the critical thinking skills of a toddler. I'm pretty sure the average child who has just learned to speak understands presence of mind better than you inbred failures do.
>>
>>64641740
>eyes opening means unconsciousness
Uh, yes, kid.
>>
KYLO LOST BECAUSE HE TOOK OFF HIS MASK
>>
>>64638584
>lihtsaber in the hands of a nignog
I threw my replica in the trash. Totally fucking ruined.
>>
>>64641740
6/10
>>
>>64639775
>characters give advice numerous times in the vein of "clear your mind."

Nigga that's pussy jedi shit

Dark side is about raw fucking aggression, not composure. He was beating his wound to increase his pain. Using the darkside has different requirements, and it's "easier". Probably because losing your shit like an animal isn't as hard as entering a state of zen.
>>
>>64641750
>JJ Abrams is a movie director
>therefore JJ Abrams can never make a mistake in moviemaking
>>
>>64641773
AND IT WAS EXTREMELY PAINFUL

TFA CONFIRMED FOR THE 2ND MOST ELABORATE BANEPOST OF 2015
>>
>>64641762
So you admit to being retarded. In any action scene finale the hero dramatically opens their eyes before the real action begins. None of them are unconscious. Is your home care retard nurse there to change your underwear? You shit yourself.
>>
>>64641804
I think he was originally serious but now that he's made a mistake an elementary student would notice he's acting like he was always just pretending to be retarded.
>>
>>64641804

I didn't say that, I just said it's far more likely that a redneck virgin with an IQ of 60 is wrong than that JJ Abrams and everyone who looked over his script are wrong. I just sat here proving to you why you're wrong and stupid using very basic logic and very basic psychology that I'm guessing JJ Abrams is familiar with given that he's a sentient human being with a probable genius-level IQ and not a /pol/ neckbeard who can barely be considered human.
>>
>>64641839
You are completely incorrect, child.
>>
File: 1402575508281s.jpg (4KB, 125x120px) Image search: [Google]
1402575508281s.jpg
4KB, 125x120px
>tfw someone gets so mad at his favorite film being critiqued he fucks up his own logical fallacy posts and then starts telling outright lies about the film to act like he doesn't care.

10/10 would read again.
>>
>>64641848

Making a point that causes clinically retarded manchildren to go off into a torrent of desperate distractions and spouting off fallacies they don't understand isn't making a mistake. A fallacy is only a fallacy if it's being claimed as proof. What you're claiming is that it's fallacious to prefer medical advice from a doctor over a screaming child because you think it fits the definition of a fallacy you don't understand. You're a very typical example of a /pol/ kiddie. You're too retarded to understand any of what you think you're saying, but you say it confidently anyway. You really do deserve unimaginable suffering. Go eat yourself to death.
>>
File: latest.jpg (227KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
227KB, 1280x960px
>>64639856
>the artery equals certain death
>>
>>64640518
>memes are bad
I think you might be on the wrong website friend.
>>
>>64638634
Ugh. I didn't agree with that 40 list either but this is just cringey as fuck.
>>
>>64641559
No
>>
>>64641936

Here's the difference between what you're saying and what you think you're saying:

>Fallacy: The experienced professional claimed "x," therefore "x" is true.
>Not fallacy: The experienced professional's views on "x" are more credible than those of a screaming manchild on 4chan.

It's not a fallacy to say that the opinions of someone smarter or more experienced should be regarded as more valuable than the opinions of someone less intelligent or with no experience.

>Your thought experiment is based on a logically fallacious assumption of a perfect authority

This post is humiliating evidence that you have no idea what you're talking about, and just spout off words you don't understand.
>>
>>64642013

>repeating shit over and over isn't bad

How old are you?
>>
>>64642079
>The experienced professional's views on "x" are more credible than those of a screaming manchild on 4chan.
Being more credible doesn't prove anything though, they still might be wrong and there is an abundance of proof that they just made a bad movie
>>
>>64641962
So in your eyes, authority is always right then? Is all critical thinking or criticism invalidated for any figure with higher status than you? Are we only allowed to have opinions on things that are beneath us, since clearly if you have a different opinion on something bigger than yourself you'll obviously be wrong about it?
>>
File: 1403603240225.jpg (16KB, 228x221px) Image search: [Google]
1403603240225.jpg
16KB, 228x221px
>>64642079
>he's still digging his retarded hole for himself

Way to prove that you "don't care"
>>
>>64641740
>Eyes opening is a common trope when an action scene is about to get real.
Why would someone's eyes be closed in the first place in the middle of an action scene?

>aw shit that evil guy with the laser sword is trying to chop up my mate
>better sit down and rest my eyes for a bit
>>
File: 1450324151200.jpg (301KB, 699x1211px) Image search: [Google]
1450324151200.jpg
301KB, 699x1211px
more like this?
>>
>>64642079
>>Not fallacy: The experienced professional's views on "x" are more credible than those of a screaming manchild on 4chan.
But that's textbook argument from authority you fucking moron, a logical fallacy.
>>
Why is anyone still talking about this shit?

Fucking sage and report for spam.
>>
>>64642112
If you don't like memes why in the fuck are you on this website? It's kind of what it's for, this isn't for deep and complex conversations about philosohpy. It's like someone going to a gay pornographpy website and bitching about all the guys fucking each other in the ass, what were you expecting? Have you never heard of 4chan before?
>>
>>64642361
I've been here all summer faggot.
>>
>>64640808
I kek in your general direction
>>
>>64640887
Should have more fitting music so the viewers know how ridiculous the whole thing is

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8X5ih39PN84
>>
>>64642307

Oh wow, this might be the first occasion that I actually repost a screenshot I take. If ever there was an example that /pol/ posters are literally too stupid to argue with, this is it. The definition of argument from authority was just explained to you in the most simple way possible and you still failed to grasp it.

No, that is not a fallacy. That "fallacy" is basically the entire foundation of our society post-agricultural revolution. You go to the person with the experience for an answer, a service, or a product, not just anyone. It's fascinating to me how stupid you are. Truly.
>>
>>64642054
>cringey
Stay on reddit kid
>>
>>64642495
>"your opinions don't count because you're not famous directors like Abrams!"
>not an argument from authority
Sure thing m8.

Also see a therapist all this anger can't be good for you.
>>
File: don't mind me.jpg (186KB, 463x1016px) Image search: [Google]
don't mind me.jpg
186KB, 463x1016px
This thread got very autistic.
Anyone else an oldfag who remember when this thread was about Kylo fighting Finn?
>>
File: THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING.webm (464KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING.webm
464KB, 1280x720px
>>64642079
>didn't even directly reply to you
>you still refused to let an opportunity to act like a persecuted autistic fuckspaz pass by

What a winner.
>>
>>64642581
It was actually about some fanboy """"debunking"""" plot holes and stupidity of TFA by repeating NEXT MOVIE
>>
>>64642745
That's exactly what someone who learned about the beginning of the thread from Encyclopedia Dramatica or Know Your Meme would say.

Your summation of the article is also needlessly bullshit. It's stupid enough on its own without you misrepresenting it. His responses were about as desperate as the writers of the original list were to get to 40 anyway.
>>
>>64640495
All these points can be refuted by actually watching the movie
>>
>>64639681
>>"Try finding a car after its been stolen."
>
>Its actually not hard nowadays, since most cars can be tracked through internal GPS or something. I would expect that fucking spaceships would have something similar.

I'd imagine each ship has its own energy signature. Much like modern warships/subs can be individually identified by sonar operators
due to the noises they make; then star-faring craft and their multitude of engine types, hull size, drive settings, bodge fixup jobs, etc., can be IDed via their emisions.
Thread posts: 206
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.