[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Revenant

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: rev.gif (1MB, 600x281px) Image search: [Google]
rev.gif
1MB, 600x281px
Anyone else see this in the theater?
(Piratefags don't deserve to discuss movies)

Altogether it was alright. The start was very strong and it just dropped as the movie went on.

What's the deal with flowing water?
>>
>>64638533
>What's the deal with flowing water?
I'd tell you.
But I don't deserve it
>>
>>64638533
>pirate fags don't deserve to discuss movies
they're flicks

and we're here to discuss and theres nothing you can do about it
>>
>>64638533
BEAR RAPE
E
A
R

R
A
P
E
>>
>>64638533
The best part of the movie was the visual nature moments so I could see how the theater experience could make or break the movie
>>
>>64639199
Yes
Saw it in a crowded ass theater but my balls were still frozen from all the snow
>>
The characters were flat and predictable. The soundtrack was shit, the nature shots were alright but get boring after an hour. The plotholes just to create dramatic situations really bothered me. Like the captain leaving Glass alone with the one person who keeps saying he he should be killed. Or Fitzgerald, a ruthless killer, keeps a kid alive who knows what he did. The indians were portraid pretty good though i didn't like the whole wind blowing pocahontas bullshit.
>>
Visually stunning and impeccable where craft is concerned. But it ultimately falls flat with me. Made a video review on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUznmO-G0tM
>>
Could I gouge out a bear's eyes? Like would that be a valid defense?
>>
>>64638533
>Piratefags don't deserve to discuss movies
Are you upset because you can't figure out how to torrent movies?
>>
Overall great film, though I felt it could have worked well with a less predictable ending (even if it is accurate to how it is in the book or not).
>>
>>64638533
I didn't even know about this movie. [Etheric] Revenant, huh? I'm assuming a vampire.
Vampires are beings of the etheric level, and those can't cross running water.
>>
>>64638533
The climax scene was done so well it hurts my enjoyment of many other things.
>>
Loved it.

The final fight was amazing.
>>
>>64639831

>i didn't like the whole wind blowing pocahontas bullshit.

sounds like someones gay LOL.
>>
>>64638533
I thought it was very good.

But I kinda like what happened in real life better. Glass after hunting both of them down, forgave them, but he got his damn rifle back.
>>
>>64639831
This.
>>64642820
It was a stupid and completely unnecessary subplot.
It seemed like they felt they needed to give the Arikara a justification for killing and robbing white men (whose government the tribe was at war with) beyond the spoils and pride lest they offend soft skinned pc faggots.
Every chapter of the movie was a clumsy mashup of at least two elements from the novel and it worked out like shit.
If all the screen time hadn't been wasted on nonsense they might have actually had time to do something worthwhile.
>>
>>64638533
To Leo, nature (including water) was God at work.
To Hardy, God was dead.
>>
I don't like when they make a long take and shoved the camera to actor's face while the actor look ahead as if he couldn't see the camera
>>
>>64643356
But God was dead. The only thing that kept Glass going was his vengeance, which he interpreted as God.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.