[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Blade Runner

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7

File: ZZ3340101D.jpg (173KB, 1280x644px) Image search: [Google]
ZZ3340101D.jpg
173KB, 1280x644px
What, in the movie, supports the notion that Deckard is a replicant? Is it just his unicorn dream and the origami at the end? How does that direct people to think that he's a replicant?
>>
File: corelia.jpg (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
corelia.jpg
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>64637519
Did you watch the Final Cut or the theatrical version?

Either way, it's never directly stating, but it's implied in some parts. Captain Adama has a line at the end strongly suggesting it.
>>
File: Blade-runner-origami-unicorn.jpg (29KB, 600x358px) Image search: [Google]
Blade-runner-origami-unicorn.jpg
29KB, 600x358px
The dream that Deckard has and the unicorn origami at the end is what I consider to be the strongest evidence
>>
>>64637770

But why? How is that evidence?
>>
it depends on which cut.
I think the movie is stronger with deckard being a human and not a replicant because it highlights how little difference there really is between the two.

>>64637770
they knew what he dreamt about. that implies they created the memory.
>>
Unicorn dream, there are unicorns in J.F.'s apartment.

Deckard plays piano, later Rachael plays piano and says she has memories of learning how to play that she's no longer sure are hers.

Deckard's general ambivalence about Blade Running and his attitude about telling Rachael the truth seem to suggest he's struggling with something similar. But ultimately, I think the point is that it's supposed to be ambiguous, and therefore that the two are not so different. I lean towards him being human for the same reason as >>64637977 because of the cop's last line, "It's too bad she won't live. But then again, who does?"
>>
>>64640116
That said, Ridley has repeatedly confirmed that Deckard is a replicant. But fuck him
>>
>>64637519
test
>>
File: rTWDmuc.gif (1MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
rTWDmuc.gif
1MB, 320x180px
>this will the the definitive film version of do androids dream until the end of time

FUUUUCCKKK YOU RIDLEEEEY

YOUR SHIT SUCKS AND IS ONLY REMEMBERED CAUSE OF A FUCKING AD LIBBED MONOLOGUE FUCKKKK
>>
>called blade runner
>never stabs anyone
>>
>>64637919
Because it's a Unicorn, something that isn't real, yet he still somehow had this memory - we also have an individual that knows of his memories and expressed that through with the ending.
>>
>>64637919

Because the other cop knows what Deckard dreams.

Because Deckard is a replicant and everybody on the force BUT Deckard knows it.

That's the whole point.
>>
>>64641415
Not necessarily everybody
>>
Blade Runner is mediocre.
>>
>>64641463

True. But the captain and the other detective for sure.
>>
Was deckard a replicant in the book?
>>
He trades blows with combat model replicants, and he holds his whole body weight with his his thumb on a broken hand.
>>
Whether or not Deckard is a replicant is up for debate.

he isn't tho.
But it's up for debate.
>>
File: 1422036020842.jpg (19KB, 216x212px) Image search: [Google]
1422036020842.jpg
19KB, 216x212px
>>64637519
Blade Runner

>MFW Jason Voorhees strippers
>MFW Deckard modifies his voice ridiculously for no reason, since the person he talks to with it never heard his voice before
>MFW replicants have a greenish glow in their eyes which enables easy identification, yet they use high tech Voight-Kampff machines to recognise a replicant because this is almost impossible otherwise
>MFW Deckard makes a move on Rachel, she refuses, he keeps her from leaving, he forces her to say "kiss me" and "I want you" and virtually rapes her
>MFW unicorn out of fucking nowhere for no fucking reason - unless you ask Google, unless that final origami is supposed to be a clue
>MFW Harrison Ford's Funny Face Festival as Leon attacks him
>MFW Deckard's family photos date from the 1800's
>MFW "Tyrell" has two pronunciations within the same movie and his own "niece" can't pronounce it correctly either
>MFW replicants on earth are illegal but Tyrell can do it, have a blade runner over to test it, and nobody minds; Tyrell goes free
>>
>>64641799
most likely not, but you could make a case for it. in the movie it's kind of 50/50 with the screenwriter saying he isn't, ridley saying he is, and the author of thebook saying "lol idk is up to you :DD"
>>
>>64637919

They know what he dreams

That's why his cop buddy treats him like shit. He knows he's not human, so he doesnt care.

Also Deckard has no real personality or memories
>>
File: Cleverbot.png (48KB, 366x505px) Image search: [Google]
Cleverbot.png
48KB, 366x505px
He most definitely wasn't a robot. Nobody was a robot anyway. Just a bunch of hippies and roided out freaks that needed taken care of.

I mean let's be real here, there's no way an artificial could hold a cogent conversation. Pic related.
>>
File: Night on Bald Mountain.jpg (54KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Night on Bald Mountain.jpg
54KB, 1280x720px
>>64637519
I personally like to leave it ambiguous, but the eye-shine is pretty telling if you want to lean that way.

Regardless, it doesn't really matter. The themes about humanity and existence resonate either way. Believe what you will about Deckard, but it isn't what you should take away from this film.
>>
>>64641799
No, which was there point. The replicants held more emotion and drive for life than the humans, who were more robotic and empty shells.

I understand Ridley wanted to make his own thing, but he ruined the beauty of the contrast to do it. Deckard being a replicant adds nothing but a shitty stinger twist to the end of the movie.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.