[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"Hancock" is the only film I've ever seen go from

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

File: onesheet.jpg (65KB, 387x580px) Image search: [Google]
onesheet.jpg
65KB, 387x580px
"Hancock" is the only film I've ever seen go from great, as in, actually awesome, to dogshit all within the same movie.

Seriously, people give this movie crap, but the first half was phenomenal. It was original and creative, the characters were interesting and unique, and the acting from Will Smith and Jason Bateman was great.

Then they did the plot twist with Charlize Theron and it made the movie fucking awful.

God the wasted potential pisses me off so much. I think this could have actually been one of the best superhero movies ever made if they didn't fuck it up.
>>
>>64634317
okay
>>
>>64634317
Gotta have that forced blacked romance
>>
Yeah I actually did enjoy the first half. It was imaginitive, at least for me.
>>
>>64634317
>tfw no Hancock sequel
>>
File: shh, i'm hunting melons.jpg (149KB, 1600x681px) Image search: [Google]
shh, i'm hunting melons.jpg
149KB, 1600x681px
It was the Will Smith curse of the first decade.
>>
>>64634350
The romance came out of fucking nowhere too. Like no issue with interracial romances but SHE WAS MARRIED what the fuck man.
>>
>>64634317
The stupidity didn't end once it started
Fuck, man what a great concept, superhero that doesn't give a shit saves some beta loser and they try to reclaim his image
They even had fucking femcock use his stupid line but with a different trigger word

god was i pissed
>>
>>64634434
honestly people normally hate remakes but I REALLY wish they would remake Hancock with the same actors and everything, just fix the second half. Hell they haven't aged that much you wouldn't even have to reshoot the beginning.
>>
Why was there a robot in it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVY2m2niKd0
>>
HEY I KNOW I HAVE SUPER POWERS AND COULD DO WHATEVER I WANTED, BUT I WANNA BE A MOM AND JUST DO NOTHING
>>
>>64634409
he fucked up the entire point of that movie.
>>
>>64634604
rumor has it thats a street performer on stilts
>>
File: Movie_poster_i_robot.jpg (29KB, 256x350px) Image search: [Google]
Movie_poster_i_robot.jpg
29KB, 256x350px
>>64634317
>>64634409

How can one man star in so many movies with great concepts but shit executions?
>>
As soon as that woman had powers, the movie went from great to shit.
>>
>>64634841
I honestly dont know

I think Will Smith is a really good actor but fuck its hard to keep defending him when so many of his movies are shit. Like you said, his movies have cool premises, its almost as if he hears the movie pitch and signs on without reading the script.
>>
>>64634350
>>64634369
What difference does it make?
Would your opinion have changed if his wife was black instead?
>>
File: after-earth-movie-2013.jpg (2MB, 2880x1800px) Image search: [Google]
after-earth-movie-2013.jpg
2MB, 2880x1800px
>>64634918
Or he signs on because he wants to put his braindead son in a movie
>>
>>64635012
Am I alone in liking the Jaden Smith Karate Kid movie? I thought it was good and think he did an alright job.
>>
>>64635012
I hate the smith family. They all suck. Gotham S1 was almost ruined by Fish Moony for me.
>>
>>64635040
Didn't Jackie Chan carry the Karate Kid movie?
>>
>>64635046
Is there a reason she did an Eartha Kitt impression? It seemed weird to me.

>>64635083
well yeah but I don't think Jaden did a bad job. For what they were going for he did fine. I cant speak for his later work but I cant fault him for karate kid.
>>
File: 1358444995849.gif (594KB, 220x227px) Image search: [Google]
1358444995849.gif
594KB, 220x227px
Yea, that first half was fucking amazing.
It was like a black version of One Punch Man, except Hancock was actually interesting, and I wanted to know more about him.
Then.. its like the writer had a fucking stroke or something, and the rest of the script was just made up on the spot by the first capeshit fanboy they could find on the set
>then suddenly... she's a superhero too!
>and.. and.. she's stronger than him!
>oh oh yea! she can also control the weather!
Fuck that shit.
It could've been something special, but its like they were too afraid to not have some sort of bullshit superhero fight in a superhero movie.
>>
>>64635197
from what I heard the studio actually did rewrite the second half so you're not inaccurate
>>
>>64635107
The kid has no charisma
>>
>>64635232
did he have to? like he was just playing some kid who learns Kung Fu, who didn't exactly have to be Brad Pitt or anything.
>>
>>64634317
I agree completely. The first half I can watch over and over again but you just have to turn it off after the tweest.
>>
>>64635012
>want to make a movie with your son
>hire Shayyylmao to direct it
>let him rewrite the script so he feels comfortable doing it

What was Will thinking?
>>
>>64635659
Is it possible Shyamalan just cant handle a big budget? Maybe he just needs to stick to smaller shit.
>>
>>64635659
>>let him rewrite the script so he feels comfortable doing it
Did shamalama rewrite it or did Jayden? It's so awful I honestly can't tell
>>
>>64634317
You should watch Crazyheart
>>
>>64635869
the country music movie?
>>
>>64635917
Yea, as in, it's a film that starts off great, but becomes unbearably bad after 45 minutes.
>>
>all those arrested development references

pure comfy
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.