[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is George Lucas a good director? Should he direct Episode

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (68KB, 490x735px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68KB, 490x735px
Is George Lucas a good director? Should he direct Episode XIII?

Discuss
>>
>>64633683
/thread
>>
Id let young george direct anything
I wouldn't let old george direct shit

George lucas basically became a leader and was the head of star wars for so long he fucking lost it
>>
a) no
b) no

he does have neat ideas though. he should be a consultant who comes up with shit that discerning people sift through and use and give to talented filmmakers to turn into a film
>>
Even George says he's not a good director
>>
He was promising and then Star Wars ruined him. They already have someone for 8, so just give him 9. That way he could close the book on the shitshow he created.
>>
>>64633734
this.
it's best when he has limited control like in episode 5
>>
Wasn't he trying to get other people to direct the prequels?
>>
File: George-Lucas-542.jpg (59KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
George-Lucas-542.jpg
59KB, 600x400px
>>64633652
How to get young George hair and beard aesthetics?
>>
>>64633652
No, but neither should the Jurassic World guy
>>
YES
YES

PLEASE COME BACK GEORGE
>>
He's not the worst director but his strengths definitely lie elsewhere
>>
File: image.jpg (170KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
170KB, 1440x900px
I think George is a great producer, manager and even director. Very few people view the prequel trilogy as a sort of space age translation of Shakespeare's Henry VIII, but that's exactly what it is. The prequels are a buffet, and the originals are a banquet. That is a stylistic decision, just as he claimed.

The sequel trilogy should be more like Henry VI, IMO. That would make good use of the previous movies and the current theme of conflicted loyalties, and shades of grey.

I'd much rather have Lucas back than Trevorrow! As long as Lucas sticks to Rian's script, we should be golden.
>>
>>64633652
doesn't matter.
the script will be shit anyways.
>>
>>64634110
no man that's an accurate and respectable opinion delete it before >hello reddit apes reply
>>
>>64634110
god that shot is gorgeous
>>
File: image.jpg (78KB, 534x712px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
78KB, 534x712px
>>64634251
I wish the prequels slowed down for dialogue scenes within spaces like that, instead of moving onto the next thing right away.

>anyway, here's a summary of Henry VI, maybe you can grasp why I think he's a good prototype of Kylo Ren
http://www.shakespeareandhistory.com/henry-vi.php
>>
>>64633652
I think he'd be fine if Disney kept him on a short leash and told him to knock the bullshit off, the main problem with the prequels was he had too much control.
>>
Good idea man, terrible director who may very well be autistic.
>>
>>64634570
>who may very well be autistic.
ONE OF US
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.