[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did they pick such an ugly actor to play Kylo Ren?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6

File: 5474575.jpg (45KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
5474575.jpg
45KB, 1280x720px
Why did they pick such an ugly actor to play Kylo Ren?
>>
fuck off lena
>>
>>64628629

He's not unattractive shake my head to be quite honest family

He's distinctive-looking, tall and has good shoulders
>>
because they wanted to make him more goofy looking, like a kid
>>
>>64628629
It's a new trend. He's not ugly, he's not handsome (not by Hollywood standards) - he's "interesting", just as Rey and maybe that Negro gentlemen.
>>
If this is ugly then I should probably just kill myself now.
>>
>>64628629
Because he can act and he looks like the guy that played Vader. Look it up.
>>
ever since JUST became a thing /tv/ has been so obsessed with actors being ugly
>>
If he was actually Tom Cruise tiers of handsome, people would be mad shipping Kylo with Rey for literally a decade. As far as handling the story goes, this was the right casting choice.
>>
at least he's not a nigger
>>
>>64628629
He's a good actor
He looks like a villain and doesn't have a pouty baby face
>>
>>64628629
shh he can hear you
>>
Interesting is the new attractive
>>
>>64630798
They're "mad shipping" them right now

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLGGhq9i_mUyxkMS3CwWBCuJ0xuXZGsWpc
>>
Is it true Adam Driver said he avoids the internet because he doesn't want to see people taking this piss out of his looks?

Cute.
>>
>>64630958
No. He doesn't care about what people say about him. There was some other reason for it, I forgot what it is.
>>
File: adam.jpg (273KB, 2080x1312px) Image search: [Google]
adam.jpg
273KB, 2080x1312px
>>64628629
He was good in While we're young
I think it was mostly the hat and hair
>>
File: Kylo.jpg (444KB, 900x1273px) Image search: [Google]
Kylo.jpg
444KB, 900x1273px
>>64628629
Why didn't they get a trans actor to play Kylo Ren?
>>
>>64631038
He carried both Girls and This Is Where I Leave You.
>>
>>64628629
Because he is a former MARSOC marine IRL
>>
>>64630989
Oh, well that's actually good to hear.
>>
>>64630955

The youtube comments section =/ popular opinion. Literally millions of viewers worldwide laughed at his face reveal in the theater.
>>
>>64631125
It's not this quote, but he said something about privacy in that one too.

>Being ridiculously successful does have occasional drawbacks, namely loss of privacy, which Driver "values" although concedes it's impossible to complain about fame "without sounding like a total pretentious a-hole."

>"Losing anonymity is a real thing and it makes your job difficult because when you are what people are looking at, you start thinking about yourself as opposed to taking things in. And selling who you are as a person doesn't make sense to me," Driver said. "At the same time, you almost want to figure out a way to leverage some of it and do something good. My wife and I run a nonprofit, Arts and the Armed Forces, where we do monologues from contemporary American plays and do readings for a diverse military audience."
>>
>>64628629
Because Kylo Ren is meant to be an ugly person, why would go all school shooter if he could have gotten a gf?
>>
File: 1294780291168.gif (603KB, 186x179px) Image search: [Google]
1294780291168.gif
603KB, 186x179px
>>64631202

You know theres bullshit run of the mill NPOs and then theres some NPOs with a really interesting premise. I had no idea he did something like that. I'm starting to feel bad about not working charity.
>>
>>64628629
for the exact same reason they cast Boyuga
>>
>>64631311
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHeNucM4zpE

Check 8:38, Adam's intense as fuck.
>>
>>64631202
He seems like such a cool guy.
>>
>>64631096
>Shortly after the September 11 attacks, Driver joined the United States Marine Corps and was assigned to Weapons Company, 1st Battalion, 1st Marines as an 81mm mortar man.
>He served for two years and eight months before breaking his sternum while mountain biking without a seat.
>He was medically discharged before his unit deployed to Iraq for the Iraq War.

Just.
>>
>>64631397

>Kylo Ren describes domestic violence as a child growing up in the Solo household
>>
>>64631468

Just save my ass from a shitstorm quagmire?
>>
File: Yolo.jpg (15KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
Yolo.jpg
15KB, 225x225px
>>64630840
Actually I've been thinking about this. I think it would legitimately be interesting to have a black person playing a villain role in one of these huge block buster trilogies. I feel like they place it too safe by always forcing in the diversity then forcing it a role that is least contentious as possible; in Finn's case just kind of being an affable protagonist character.

I'm not saying Kylo Ren himself should've been black it would fuck up the genetic ties there a bit, or they could have done it and made him Lando's son, that would've been marginally intriguing.
>>
>>64628629
Girls are into ugly looking guys these days. I remember girls going crazy over the guy who played Loki in Thor and The Avengers a few years ago. Kinda reminds me of that. Plus I feel like they made him look better in the movie.

Although I recently overheard a girl at work saying she was disappointed by how ugly Kylo Ren was, so I dunno.
>>
>>64631720

>have a black person playing a villain role in one of these huge block buster trilogies

You mean like Darth Maul?
>>
>>64628629
He doesn't look bad with a beard, too bad he's all shaven in the move.
>>
>>64628629
It's the shitty facial hair that makes him look ugly. He looked pretty decent in the movie with the right hair, lighting, and makeup.
>>
File: adam.jpg (451KB, 800x1204px) Image search: [Google]
adam.jpg
451KB, 800x1204px
>>64631886
>>
>>64631886

He looks best like he was in TFA. No ratty beard, hair long enough to cover his mutant Dumbo ears.
>>
>>64631838
i think even maul's actor was white wasn't he?
>>
>>64628755
>He's not ugly
wrong
>>
jews trying to desensitize goyim to jew beauty standards which is pitifully low
>>
>>64631963
>He looked pretty good under ideal grooming circumstances

So does everyone
>>
Because he's a god actor

jesus fuck America this is not a novel concept
>>
They chose a homely looking actor in order to enforce that he's an amateur kid. He's not intimidating and no one would take him seriously were it not for his powers with the force or his mask. It was an excellent choice. This is not a hard concept to grasp.
>>
>>64632432
yes
>>
>>64632666
nice trips
>This is not a hard concept to grasp.
apparently it is to most people I've spoken too.
most of them are retarded
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.