[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Attack of the Clones

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 2

Let's talk about this film.

Pros
>Fun opening sequence flying around the city planet
>get to see young Lars and Beru
>Obi Wan Kenobi: Space Detective
>plot is complicated and adult with shifting political allegiances and double agents
>Jedis get exposed as pawns in a game.
>the fight scene in the execution arena was great
>Jedis teaming with stormtroopers

Cons
>bad direction on acting
>love scenes weird (Padme holds anakin's robot hand at the wedding WTF)
>more character development needed
>no han solo/finn type character
>R2D2 pushes c3po to his death for no reason
>Jango Fett motives not fully explained. Was he aware of Dooku's doubt agent status?
>>
If some of the cast were better, some of the dialogue was a bit better and the effects were done by the same guys as the original trilogy, the prequels wouldn't have been anywhere near as bad as they were.

Even Phantom Menace looked a thousand times better than Clones/Sith. It just had shit characters and actors but visually it felt a lot more like Star Wars than the other two.
>>
>>64622946
>Pros

There are no pros.
>>
>>64622946
I'll admit. Fun to watch when high as fuck. That's about it though.
>>
>>64622993
The prequels were bad because they are character dramas without characters.
>>
File: image.jpg (205KB, 3000x1688px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
205KB, 3000x1688px
>>64622946
>George Lucas' screenwriting may not have been able to convince me of Anakin and Padme's tragic love, but John Williams' score certainly did.
>>
>>64623007
read the op buddy.
>>
>>64622946
>>get to see young Lars and Beru
Literally who gives a fuck
>>
>>64622993
>and the effects were done by the same guys as the original trilogy
Confirmed for ignorant. All the Star Wars effects seen on film were made in the same warehouse. You're thinking of practical effects, which would have been a step backwards considering the vision Lucas wanted to portray on film.
>>
Why did obi wan jump out of the window after the droid when it's completely out of his character to do something that reckless?
>>
Best costumes of any Star Wars film.
>>
>>64622946
Yoda lightsabering was good too
>>
>The film that marked the turning point where George Lucas decided to throw away his own artistic visions to cater to the fans and wound up with a stale compromise that left nobody satisfied.

Huge disappointment. Mediocre film. On par with Sith but still better than TFA.
>>
>>64623251

>same company

>same employees

>the same thing
>>
>>64622946
Hi, I'm from 1984 may I chime in?

"uokvax!jab Feb 17 23:28:00 1984
So, did we ever decide if there's going to be any more SW movies? I
remember George Lucas saying that he was going to take two years off
and then THINK about maybe making the first trilogy --- but he also spent
a lot of money advertising "The Revenge of the Jedi" in order to keep
attention off the real plot of RoTJ.

I hope he does, since the light shows that IL&M have been putting out
(the simulation of "Project Genesis" on ST: TWoK comes to mind, along
with RoTJ) have been well worth the price of admission. (Hell, if I could
only borrow one of those "light creatures" from Poltergeist, I could really
scare the natives come Halloween!)

I suspect, however, that the first trilogy will not be quite as "action-filled".
There's a lot less going on --- only the tranformation of a republic into an
evil empire. If we could only bring Hari Seldon in on this...

-Jeff"
>>
So was the whole Clone wars (Clones vs Batle Droids) just a facade? It was Palpatine and Dooku conspiring together to create a huge war?
>>
Official power rankings

5/2/4/6/1/3

Attack of the clones is GOAT

The only flack that this movie gets is Haydens acting. He perfectly portrayed a monk autist who spends all his time training and hasn't developed any social skills to talk to women, but thats the thing no one gets it. He purposely under and over acted to portray it. It's like poetry
>>
>>64623353

I agree with you and there's nothing you can do about it
>>
>>64623287

The force gives any Jedi +10000 luck
>>
>>64623293
This post is bait
>>
I think the biggest problem with the prequels is that Obi Wan always goes to some faggot planet leaving Anakin alone
>>
>>64622993

The cast was perfect. The dialogue was fitting for a galaxy far far away with its own grammaratical syntax and structure. The effects were revolutionary for its time. Christopher Lee in a Star Wars movie with Sam L Jackson is a cast that epic that can't be replicated
>>
>>64623472
>2>4
How embarrassing.

More correct is:
5=4>6>1>2=3>7
>>
>>64623472
Yeah I think people were expecting Anakin to be Luke. Then they came out of the cinema going "oh I hate that guy he's so creepy". well duh, he's supposed to be like that. otherwise it would have looked dumb when he just changed to the dark side with no foreshadowing
>>
If Obi wan knew that Dooku and Fett were involved in the creepy clone factory then how did Palpatine suddenly get control of the Clone army without raising question in the jedi?
>>
>>64622946
that fight between jango and obi was fucking awesome
>>
>>64624241

You hit the nail on the head. In every scene Anakin is with Padme she's either scared or anxious to be next to him. But then their time on naboo he wooed her with his light side and his force tricks which made her realize that although he's extremely weird and awkward and not a typical stone cold jedi, theres the potential for him to change to be more confident and in control of his autism.
Anakin was the akward guy who was an underdog and a Jedi Messiah. Imagine being in the shoes of a dude who was phrophesized to be a messiah, you wouldn't know how to act normally around people in the first place. Lucas really hit on the head. The only reason why this movie gets flack is because of the RLM review which completely didnt get how Lucas perfectly portrayed him. RLM are the Jeb Bush of movie reviews.
>>
>5>4>7<6>>3>>1>2

If Star Wars and The Empire Strikes Back are premium 5-Star restaurants, then Return of the Jedi is an unkempt less well aged version of those; with the The Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones being sloppy fast-food served at similar looking restaurants under the same owner, and Revenge of the Sith being a more clean and balanced version of that fast-food; finally, The Force Awakens is an all you can eat buffet of the same 5-Star restaurants with 2-3 new recipes and a retro finish.
>>
>>64624945
I feel like people are very invested in the RLM media reviews in much the same way people get invested in other media.

The people who say that the prequels were terrible are no different from the fanboys who say it was 100% great.

That's what happens when you allow media to become a part of your identity. You become resistant to changing your mind because that would mean that a part of your identity is lost.
>>
>Fun opening sequence flying around the city planet
Not fun at all, doesn't make any sense
>get to see young Lars and Beru
This means nothing
>Obi Wan Kenobi: Space Detective
Would be a pro if he wasn't fucking retarded
>plot is complicated and adult with shifting political allegiances and double agents
Plot makes no sense
>Jedis get exposed as pawns in a game.
Doesn't make the story not shit
>the fight scene in the execution arena was great
I agree with this point
>Jedis teaming with stormtroopers
Kinda cool I guess

5 > 4 > 7 > 6 > 3 > 1 > dogshit > 2
>>
>>64622946
It's about as good as the rest of 'em.
>>
>>64625313

On some level I believe George was using the word sith as an allegory for the word shit. "Only the shit deal in absolutes"
>>
I hated this movie so much, only good thing about it was when Natalie Portman was assaulted by that beast. Even Episode 1 is better than this piece of shit.
>>
>>64623457

Yes.

There was an attempt at a peace treaty in Clone Wars, and Dooku intentionally sabatogued it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HseahOsKX98
>>
>>64622946
Worst thing since bagpipes.
>>
>>64624612
Obi-Wan didn't know Dooku was involved, though. The Kaminoans only gave the names Sifo-Dyas and Tyranus, neither of which point to Dooku.
And Fett and only contracted to become the template for the clones, he didn't have any allegiance to the Republic.
>>
JJ should reboot them:
chn.ge/1K2NzZd
>>
>>64626370
But surely there must have been suspicions when Fett went straight to Dooku after being caught at the factory?
>>
>>64622946
>Pros
>>Fun opening sequence flying around the city planet
what?
>>get to see young Lars and Beru
and see them do nothing and talking boringly oh wait beru brings them drinks
>>Obi Wan Kenobi: Space Detective
that was pretty neat
>>plot is complicated and adult with shifting political allegiances and double agents
top kek
>>Jedis get exposed as pawns in a game.
in a dumbass game
>>the fight scene in the execution arena was great
nah m8 it was lame
>>Jedis teaming with stormtroopers
meh
>Cons
>>bad direction on acting
this is a massive understatement
>>love scenes weird (Padme holds anakin's robot hand at the wedding WTF)
undesrtatement
>>more character development needed
very very very understatement
>>no han solo/finn type character
no characters at all
>>R2D2 pushes c3po to his death for no reason
fuck that scene
>>Jango Fett motives not fully explained. Was he aware of Dooku's doubt agent status?
it was dumb like this movie
>>
>>64627791
There was, that's why Obi-Wan sent a distress signal to the Jedi Council.
But there was nothing connecting Dooku to the clones or Fett to Tyranus and Fett and Dooku to Palpatine.
>>
Episode I and III are okay at best. II is just bad, it's the worst Star Wars movie by far.
>>
>>64622993
All of the original ILM guys left after TPM which is why the CGI was much more well done in TPM while II looks like a fucking video game. Compare the Gungan battle to the clones in II, they actually look better despite being years older.
>>
>>64622946
Obi Wan is great. The rest is shit.
>>
>>64628332
It probably also is the most unmemorable SW movie. That is until TFA came out.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.