[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

> cross-examination in a courtroom drama > "Need I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7

File: popcorn.jpg (59KB, 320x616px) Image search: [Google]
popcorn.jpg
59KB, 320x616px
> cross-examination in a courtroom drama
> "Need I remind you that you're under oath?"
>>
>>64621042
I am a mythomaniac with short-term memory issues so that would help me if they did that
>>
>>64621042
Reminding someone about the oath does improve the chance they'll tell the truth. In fact, research has found that even if you make an atheist swear on the bible, it still improves the chance of them telling the truth.
>>
>>64621081
>swear on the bible

>not swearing on the Quran
>>
>>64621106
Sorry m8, only works if it's a book that's actually been written by God.
>>
File: 1428953335321.jpg (147KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
1428953335321.jpg
147KB, 680x680px
>judge doesn't stop the defendant in the middle of his testimony if he's about to incriminate himself
>>
>>64621119
So the Torah then?
>>
>>64621157
>i'll allow it
>but you better be going somewhere with this, counselor
>>
File: 1424900814575.gif (606KB, 500x369px) Image search: [Google]
1424900814575.gif
606KB, 500x369px
>character is in court
>He can't watch wrestlemania
>>
>OBJECTION!
>I'll allow it

Everytime
>>
>>64621157
What? A judge doesnt have to stop a defendant if he's about to incriminate himself. He's reminded beforehand that he doesnt have to testify/answer Anything he says beyond that point is pretty much fair game.
>>
Everything that happens in a court room scene has reached meme status. If you've ever seen real trial proceedings, they are incredibly boring. Lawyers quietly talk to lawyers, talk quietly to the judge, the judge talks a LOT despite what is depicted in movies, and it's just boring crap like reading out of the law book. And 99% of the time the guy on trial doesn't give testimony because the 5th amendment is a thing.

I'd rather go to the dentist than court.
>>
>>64621042
whats he doing here?
>>
>>64622273
I was about to ask the same thing...
Maybe sneezing..
>>
>judge bangs his hammer
>>
>>64621721
>tfw when courtroom dramas are my favourite guilty sub genre
>tfw you know they're all identical and unrealistic but they're just so damn entertaining to watch
>>
Do jews swear on the torah in court?
>>
>>64622341
gavel
>>
>>64622650
i bet you watch judge judy for the realism
>>
File: image.jpg (12KB, 184x205px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
12KB, 184x205px
>any courtroom scene
>there are cameras that filmed it in the courtroom
>>
File: images-14.jpg (19KB, 331x445px) Image search: [Google]
images-14.jpg
19KB, 331x445px
>courtroom scene
>"Objection your honor"
>"Sustained"
>>
>>64622813
Court TV
>>
ORDER IN THE COURT
>>
>>64621042
>witness passionately confesses after being badgered by an attorney spewing conjecture
>>
>lawyer ignores evidence, police reports, and witness testimony
>decides to conduct own investigation
>>
>>64622601
Oh I agree. Law & Order is GOAT procedural drama. I have no illusion about the authenticity though.
>>
>>64621721
It's worse when you're a juror, because they actually make you leave when they need to talk about the juicy shit.
>>
>lawyer asks victim to drop the case
>it's a criminal case
>it actually works
>judge dismisses the court
>>
File: images-23.jpg (15KB, 384x384px) Image search: [Google]
images-23.jpg
15KB, 384x384px
>you like cheese right?
>OBJECTION leading the witness
>Sustained
>Do you like cheese?
>OBJECTION how is this relevant?
>Mr Lawyer is there a point to this? I WILL hold you in contempt
>I'm sorry your honor may i approach the bench
>go ahead
>just give me 3 questions
>very well you have 2
>mr witness....
>Have you ever eaten cheese?
>uh...yeah?
>and is it true....that John doe killed the victim
>its true, all of it
>>
>>64621042
>place your right hand on the bible
>prosecutor is a kike
>>
>>64621721

I was jury duty once and one lawyer had an annoying stutter and the cop witness they brought out was nervous as fuck when giving evidence. I was gonna say not guilty just because the accused looked like jack bauer and the whole case was just a waste of time and money drug posession case. But then the case was rescheduled because jack bauer was a friend of a friend of a friend of a juror.
>>
>>64623692
>athiest is told to swear an oath on a fedora
>jury is told to consider how he doesn't have any moral compass
>>
>Your honor, I'd like to present some wild evidence without any warning or due process
>Sounds interesting, I'm going to allow this
>>
File: 1451056016757.png (56KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
1451056016757.png
56KB, 275x183px
>*silence*
>no more questions, your honor
>>
>>64623967
>your honor, I've just received this case defining evidence literally this morning
>Normally something like that would require a complete retrial to allow the defense a fair chance to react. However, given the extraordinary circumstances of this case I'm gonna allow it with no prior warning
>>
>>64621119
>assuming the Christian god is in fact real, implying he actually wrote the bible
If you aren't trolling do you even practice what you preach
>>
>>64621106
>bible
>written by God
Shut up heretic
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.