[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Seriously, no memeing- what did JJ mean by this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4

File: wtf.png (290KB, 719x404px) Image search: [Google]
wtf.png
290KB, 719x404px
Seriously, no memeing- what did JJ mean by this?
>>
>>64619003
>Seriously, no memeing
srsly, what does OP mean by this?
>>
>>64619003

'how do i make myself seem like a cinematic genius'
>>
>>64619036
I think he means the pointless helicopter shot.
>>
>>64619003

Drone shots are the new gopro shots
it puts emphasis on how still her and luke are by making everything else around them dynamic and moving. It's visual poetry
>>
That was honestly one of the only negatives I had about the film. It was about to end really epic with Luke revealing himself, Rey reaching out, then suddenly a fucking shaky helicopter shot and credits rolled.
>>
>>64619086
>It's like poetry, it rhymes
>>
This was the worst fucking shot i have ever seen, It took me right out of the movie.
>>
>alright, weve got the sequel hook, seen luke, now how the fuck do i end this movie
>i have no idea what these fucking characters would say to each other
>i cant just cut to credits, this is such a boring place to end the movie
>alright lets just spin around it a few times, thats a good trick.
>few more spins.
>alright cut, print, somebody suck me off
>>
>>64619125

The end of the movie is the point where you're meant to leave the movie
you're just saying it did its job
>>
>>64619141
its like poetry
>>
>mexican virus site watermark in shot

fucking JJ, is there anything you won't do for money
>>
>>64619003
Luke was waiting for the outcome the whole time he knew this would happen because of force visions he knew Han was going to die he knew Kylo Ren would kill him and he didn't help because this vision happened when Rey picked up his lightsaber because Obi Wan sensed it or someshit and then was like ayye Luke that scruffy looking nerfherder is gonna get stabbed by his son Luke looks over to Hayden Christiansons and goes "Did I hit the blunt too hard bro?"
>>
>>64619109
>one of the only negatives I had about the film
>film

I still cannot comprehend this SW7 delusion. It was the worst movie I've ever seen. It wasn't even a movie, it was a remake of A New Hope if the new remake of Point Break starred two women. 2/10 completely awful.
>>
LOOK IT'S LUKE SKYWALKER, SHE FOUND HIM HOLY SHIT HE'S IN THE FILM AFTERALL WELCOME HOME EVERYBODY LUKE IS HERE THE NEW SAGA CAN BEGIN.
>>
>watching TFA
>this scene
>immediately think of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqHGvdfLOTM
>>
>>64619148
So at the start of the last shot you're supposed to be completely repulsed that you want to leave before the scene is over?
>>
>>64619003
truly lost he was.
>>
>>64619184
Would you have preferred a legitimate remake?
At least they are trying.
>>
Previous Star Wars movies have ended either with people facing the camera (Star Wars, Return of the Jedi, Phantom Menace) or facing away from the camera (Empire Strikes Back, Attack of the Clones, Revenge of the Sith). This has both because the theme of this trilogy will be about balancing the dark and light.
>>
>>64619192
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7PI5Hne9CI
>>
>>64619206
>At least they are trying to make monies by raping my nostalgia autism
ftfy.
>>
>>64619206
wouldve preferred a sequel m8
>>
>>64619124
>pottery
>>
Luke is having a higher ground over Rey. It symbolizes gender inequality. Rey is returning Luke his father's lightsaber, which symbolizes asking for help, but Luke refuses. After that we see a helicopter shot, which shows how small and insignificant their believes are and how they spin like on a spiral generation after generation.
>>
>>64619388
>higher ground
Episode VIII opens with Rey jumping at Luke and he cuts her legs off.
>>
File: julie andrews-mary poppins.jpg (126KB, 409x424px) Image search: [Google]
julie andrews-mary poppins.jpg
126KB, 409x424px
>>64619003
Nice shitty cam screenshot.
>>
>>64619321
strap that tinfoil tighter faggot

Are you trying to tell me you are happy that the last star wars films were going to be the prequels?

Disney wanted to make a new gen of StarWars and JJ wanted to direct it. That's all there is to it.
No matter what Disney made next or JJ directed instead, they would have made money. You just have to come to terms with that.
>>
Home much better of an ending would it have been if Luke turned around, made a confused angry face as he recognizes her then lit his green light saber right as they cut to credits. Now thats how you get people back into the seats.
>>
>>64619184

Because star wars is about space battles and not character drama and rey and finn were the same as luke and leia

literal autism
>>
Get some rest Rey, you look tired.
>>
>>64619423

JJ isn't working on 8 or 9
>>
>>64619430
Watching her climbing that part and her calves straining was nice. She's got some nice toned calves.
>>
>>64619448
But he made 7. I'm not sure what you are trying to say there.
>>
>>64619499

I read that as if you were saying he's working on all 3 of the new gen of star wars
>>
File: 1450675360816.jpg (55KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1450675360816.jpg
55KB, 640x640px
>>64619426
ur a genius duded
someone get jj on the line, i think weve found our next director for star wars!
>>
in the leaked rumors episode 8 will start right where 7 left off. it'll start with a close up on luke's face then the camera will pan out, he'll look at rey and say "I am yoda now" and turn into a force ghost.
>>
>>64619546
I;ll somehow get Daxter Jexter in there some how .
>>
File: image.gif (995KB, 663x545px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
995KB, 663x545px
>>64619598
>>
>>64619184
Great critique friend. I like your use of analogies, you must be pretty smart.
>>
>>64619003

Can somebody tell me what the problem is with a helicopter shot?
>>
>>64619061
I was talking about this to my friend as we were getting out of our chairs. Like, man, that is probably the most unnecessary shot... ever.

Luke turns around, lowers his hood, BA NA NA NANANANANA. Done.

But nah we'll add another extra 30 seconds of panning. It wasn't even a "Star Wars" ending.
>>
>okay JJ, what new ideas can you bring to star wars
>bro I got you, helicopter shots!
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.