[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This faggot has unlimited power, and decides to use it doing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

This faggot has unlimited power, and decides to use it doing mindless movies. You know what a tortured life he must lead? Nigga wants to get oscars not manchild stuff.
>>
>>64615935
>This faggot has unlimited power
Is he a Sith Lord?
>>
>>64615935
>Nigga wants to get oscars

Does he? He sure picks the wrong projects if that's what his goal is. He's just one step above Bay/Emmerich.
>>
He isn't good enough to get an academy award which is why he makes shallow trash to break box office records
>>
>>64615987
>>64616024
That is my point, he is intellectually unable
>>
>>64615935
>unlimited power
>multibillion-dollar franchise
Pick one.
It's a miracle that he made a slick action flick out this mess, faŠ¼. He's obsly a very professional and determined man.
>>
Do you think maybe like Marvel Disney are controlling the whole thing giving the directors no real freedom and having them stick to a bible of sorts for the whole story?
>>
File: 1451269126533.jpg (70KB, 400x550px) Image search: [Google]
1451269126533.jpg
70KB, 400x550px
>>64615935

>This faggot has unlimited power

A SHIT,
LORD?
>>
>>64615935
I'm pretty sure he just wants money, and guess what? He's rolling in it. Regardless of whether TFA is the single most profitable, or just in the 10 most profitable movies of all time, he made it to the big league, even with his limited talent.
>>
>>64615935
No offense, but JJ has the most untrustworthy face i have ever seen.
>>
Spielberg 2.0

Steve actually made some pretty original flicks though.
>>
Yeah, I'm sure JJ is crying with his millions of dollars and worldwide adoration for saving the most beloved franchise of all time from George Lucas
>>
>>64616568
George Lucas the creator couldn't even save Star Wars. JJ surely has not.
>>
File: 1450502778077.png (385KB, 520x388px) Image search: [Google]
1450502778077.png
385KB, 520x388px
>>64616561
>>
>>64616421
>>64616497
Agreed. How much creative control did he really have over TFA? Surely Disney required him to have a certain basic plot and characters, since they're making way for a multi-film story a la the MCU. He's not like George Lucas, who wrote and directed the prequels entirely by himself and with his own ideas.

I understand that working with someone else's story and characters is standard behaviour for a director, but many of the criticisms lobbed toward JJ in the context of Star Wars, such as that he's responsible for creating disliked characters such as Maz Kanata, or that he has "unlimited power" - at least in the context of Star Wars - are unwarranted.
>>
>>64616643
JJ has said he and Larry Kasdan had full creative control over the script and he had final cut of the movie.

But you're not going to believe that anyway because you've already convinced yourself Bob Iger wrote the script and directed the movie himself and JJ was just a figurehead
>>
Force Awakens wasn't that bad.
>>
>>64616585
>George Lucas the creator

there's that meme again

George killed Star Wars. JJ saved it.
>>
>>64616689
No, it's actually something I'm genuinely interested in because I legitimately didn't know the answer. Thanks for the info. I should have just googled it, but I appreciate having the tl;dr version.
>>
>>64616720
He recycled.
>>
>>64616709
It was a mess.
>>
>>64616791
Yeah, but not in a way episode II was a mess. This was a mess because JJ took liberties with the force and how it works. The story is pretty coherent.
>>
>>64616759
ANH and TFA only have very basic similarities, what's going on with the characters is entirely different

and Star Wars is just a recycling of World War II flicks, Akira Kurosawa movies and Flash Gordon to begin with, and George's initial script was HEAVILY revised by people like Alan Dean Foster, Francis Ford Coppola, and Brian de Palma. He's not the sole creative mind behind Star Wars, and he never was.
>>
I wonder how pissed you guys would be if The Magnificent 7 was released today... oh wait.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2404435/
>>
>>64616811
>This was a mess because JJ took liberties with the force and how it works

Are you fucking kidding? The Force was how it was back when the original trilogy came out, based on spirit and belief, not midichlorian power levels

You know this movie was written by the guy who wrote ESB and co-wrote RotJ? i.e. the guy who wrote Yoda and basically explained to us how the Force worked in detail?
>>
just found out JJ did Gone Fishin, thats always been a classic for me. loved that movie as a kid and still do.

safe to say its my favorite Abrams film
>>
>>64616024
>>64616130
Naw, I'm not a big JJ fan but being oscar bait doesn't make a movie good.

Star wars and star trek is the kind of good that will never.

let's be honest are you gonna remember TFA or best picture 1996?
>>
>>64615935
I remember his speech on Dolby's 50th birthday. He sounded so indifferent about Star Wars when he mentioned it.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.