[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Revenant Discussion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: asdf.jpg (99KB, 1280x795px) Image search: [Google]
asdf.jpg
99KB, 1280x795px
>I'll try heavily breathing and groaning, that's a good trick!

All joking aside this is a good movie.
However it needed to be:
>30 minutes longer
or
>30 minutes shorter

The pacing, starting from when they find that Leo is alive and go out looking for him, is 4 times faster than the rest of the movie. They either should have cut out 30 minutes of the pointless wandering, or added 30 minutes to beef up and space out the final section of the movie.

Otherwise
>Leo is good but overrated
>Hardy is Hardy, good but nothing amazing
>it is beautiful, visually, but film is a visual medium of telling a story, and cinematography is a storytelling tool. This movie feels pretty for the sake of being pretty more than anything, with the exception of the close ups on characters during tense scenes
>music is fine, not memorable though
>good movie, but overrated

What are your thoughts? Agree? Disagree? Why?
>>
The ending was god tier
>>
>>64615504
I agree, ending sequence was fantastic.
Any idea why he looked into the camera though?
>>
Rounding down, tell us how many fedoras you own?
>>
fuck you faggot, this movie is patrician as fuck
>>
>>64615544
So he could say
>I truly am the Revenant
>>
>>64615544
it will never be answered with these meemers
>>
>>64615428
Really, are people really shitting on Leo's performance in this movie?

God, I fucking hate you millennials so much with your fucking Tarantino and Star Wars shit.
>>
>>64615556
No discussion, just memes, good posting anon.
>>64615560
I agree it's good, but it has flaws.
>>
tree niggers
>>
>>64615428
>overrated
>nothing amazing
>not memorable
>overrated

Fantastic critique, mouthbreather.
>>
>>64615622
It's great, fantastic actually, but I've been seeing people saying it's easily the best performance of all time. He deserves the Oscar, but unfortunately it will go to Redmayne for his bait tranny movie.
>>
>>64615664
Good input, friend.
I'll explain myself further
>Leo's performance is amazing and believable, he deserves the Oscar but to act as if it is the best performance you've ever seen is too far, thus me saying it is overrated.
>Hardy is good but he still feels like Hardy more than a guy named Fitzgerald.
>The score was not memorable, the closest thing to memorable was a few heavy drum beats at critical moments, otherwise nothing notable, unlike Birdman's unique soundtrack.
>It is a great movie, better than TFA or the Hateful Eight, but people are worshiping it as though it's the next coming when really it's on the same level (or even below, because of pacing issues) with Birdman.
>>
>visuals. again, comfy but showed the harshness of the land/time.
>acting
>deaths felt heavy
dislikes/ what i would have liked to see
>arch was unclear to me, and leo's motivation for revenge didn't feel like a thing since he was so crippled the entire movie.
>wanted more time to set up father son relationship, but it was still visible there was one.
>>
>>64615877
Dat bear seen was also a highlight.
>>
I want to do a recut of this movie into like 1.5 hours long since there is so much unnecessary shit in it. I got so bored through this movie waiting for things to pick up, but it was still slow as fuck.
>>
>>64615877
I agree. The theme of revenge is so lost in the extra 45 minutes of crippled/nature is tough scenes that the movie suffers greatly.
Bear scene was fantastic.
>>
>>64615939
Shit, I might try that just for fun. Hopefully the torrent version is good enough to work with.
>>
File: big_guy_for_leo.jpg (254KB, 800x798px) Image search: [Google]
big_guy_for_leo.jpg
254KB, 800x798px
He literally did nothing wrong
>>
>>64616247
le racist man is le bad guy

loving every laugh hollywood
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.