[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is really a shitty and boring film.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: MV5BMTQ2Mjc1MDQwMl5B.jpg (53KB, 338x500px) Image search: [Google]
MV5BMTQ2Mjc1MDQwMl5B.jpg
53KB, 338x500px
This is really a shitty and boring film.
>>
>>64614505
Your mom has a dirty wet clit.
>>
File: 1443312562267.jpg (34KB, 370x488px) Image search: [Google]
1443312562267.jpg
34KB, 370x488px
>>64614505
It says the movie is terrific right there, dumbshit. Nice try, OP! You almost rused me that time!
>>
Wow, I never thought of it that way.
>>
bardolatry tier overrated OP
I agree
>>
>>64614505
this is a really shitty and boring post
go back to /v/ pleb
>>
>>64614505
tell that to Kanjiklub
>>
I agree that it's not especially entertaining. I've seen it twice and probably won't watch it ever again. On the other hand, I watch Casablanca and It's a Wonderful Life at least once a year.
>>
File: Mr._Smith_Goes_to_Washington.jpg (476KB, 1500x1205px) Image search: [Google]
Mr._Smith_Goes_to_Washington.jpg
476KB, 1500x1205px
>>64614505

watch this as a companion piece

it will make it come together
>>
>>64614505

I actually really enjoyed it, not because I know anything about film (I don't) but because it was funny and Kane was an interesting character.
>>
>>64614663
based Capra

It's a pity the American public turned on him after World War II.
>>
>>64614505
It's a cinematography thesis. The acting and entertainment is trash but artistically it's near perfect I still don't know why he put that cockatoo in though, absolute madman
>>
>>64614505
You have really fucking shit taste. Citizen Kane is a masterpiece.

Go back to your Star Wars garbage.
>>
File: ufadavxbw9wkd00t3dy8.jpg (70KB, 800x402px) Image search: [Google]
ufadavxbw9wkd00t3dy8.jpg
70KB, 800x402px
>>64615063
His taste is irrelevant, he's just shitposting to stir things up for the lulz.
>>
It is unfair to Citizen Kane's glowing reputation that it has become, in the minds of many, the sole representation of nearly a half-century of classic Hollywood cinema. For many people, Citizen Kane is the only classic film they will bother to watch, solely due to its reputation as a synonym for "masterpiece". Of course it is a letdown for them, especially if they have not trained themselves to appreciate classic film as an art form. As with all art, it is best appreciated in context among its contemporaries: in this case, other classic films.

>>64615063
Come to think of it, George Lucas isn't too dissimilar to Orson Welles. Both thought to be rogue auteurs in their prime but considered bloated, bearded failures who spent all their good ideas in youth and became bitter egotists later in life.

Welles's enduring bad reputation is another factor which I believe has soiled Citizen Kane as an experience for future generations, and George Lucas's bad rap will probably have a similar effect on his work after he's gone.
>>
>>64614824
You make it sound so spiteful. He just never really made a great film after the 40s
>>
>>64616269
>Welles's enduring bad reputation is another factor which I believe has soiled Citizen Kane
If anything his bad rep has soiled every movie he made after CK. The common myth is that he made the perfect movie then burned out/was sabotaged by studios and the rest of his oeuvre is considered second tier at best

>>64614950
>the acting is trash
This so much, even for its time the supporting cast is overly theatrical
>>
>>64614824
his post-war movies weren't that good
>>
>>64614505
Back to your Star Wars thread
>>
Citizen Kane isn't even top three best Wells films.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.