[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Knight Of Pretentious Incomprehensible Garbage

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: knight-of-cups-poster.jpg (693KB, 1280x1810px) Image search: [Google]
knight-of-cups-poster.jpg
693KB, 1280x1810px
save yourself the time and go watch Magic Mike XXL instead
>>
File: depardieu_3060378b.jpg (50KB, 620x387px) Image search: [Google]
depardieu_3060378b.jpg
50KB, 620x387px
stick to pleb shit like whiplash and birdman kiddo
>>
>>64611262
maybe you should stick to capeshit.
>>
>>64611299
Malick wishes he was as good Damien Chazelle
>>
>>64611262
le "Malick is incomprehensible" meme

There may well be things wrong with this movie, but that criticism doesn't have a good track record with being valid with him.
>>
>pretentious meme
did i went back to 2011?
>>
File: cky starts playing.webm (2MB, 980x413px) Image search: [Google]
cky starts playing.webm
2MB, 980x413px
its his greatest film so far
>>
>>64611262
I like Terrence Malick. I liked Days of Heaven, I liked The Thin Red Line, I liked The New World, I even liked The Tree of Life, but Knight of Cups was just bad.

Knight of Cups really just recycled a bunch of elements from Malick's previous films, but not as well. The love/hate relationship with the self-destructive brother was straight from Tree of Life. The "my own people talk about nonsense I don't relate to" thing came from The New World.

Knight of Cups contained some really great shots, it was sort of interesting seeing how empty and impersonal Los Angeles can be and then later making it look like a spiritual other-world, and I really liked how he visually represented the father's dementia, but it doesn't make up for the horrendous characters and borrowed story elements.
>>
>>64611998
>I even liked the Tree of Life
>even
Congrats, you 'even liked' his best film
Poser detected
>>
>>64611262
>implying Magic Mike XXL was bad, or that you even saw it
>>
>>64612081
I say "even" because I know that's his most hated film.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.