[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Comfy Horror General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: comfy lawnmower man.jpg (1MB, 2890x1920px) Image search: [Google]
comfy lawnmower man.jpg
1MB, 2890x1920px
Discuss comfy horror/splatter/exploitation!

Favourite comfy horror films? Mine are
>Braindead
>Phantasm
>Trick'r'Treat
>Hobo with a Shotgun
>City of the living Dead
>Halloween 3

Streaming Braindead (Dead Alive), Peter Jackson's second and by far best film, over at
http://instasync.com/r/ATWA-IS-LIFE

Feel free to join in!
>>
trick r treat is god tier
>>
>>64603146
watch this movie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ryg9KYXXq0U
>>
Movie starts in two minutes btw
>>
>>64603204
One of my favourite horror flicks tbf
>>
>>64603204
lel, i have this on dvd
>>
>no Troma
What? No Troma!
Poultrygeist is incredibly comfy!
>>
File: you just know.png (707KB, 1038x800px) Image search: [Google]
you just know.png
707KB, 1038x800px
No Bloodsucking Freaks? Weird.

>>64603146
Good choice of film, yo.
Halloween 3 is also GOAT
>>
>>64603200
this
>>
You crackers forgot House By The Cemetery. Anything by Fulci is comfy really.
>>
File: yes.jpg (12KB, 186x271px) Image search: [Google]
yes.jpg
12KB, 186x271px
Sleep away camp, definitely a fav
>>
>>64603867
main girl is such a qt
my trapfu
>>
Please give me some suggestions, guys. Recently saw Vampyr. The shadow effects were especially unnerving. Really got to me. Great film overall, though. I actually like it more than Nosferatu. Was wondering what to watch next. Was thinking either The Phantom Carriage or Eyes Without a Face. Suggestions?
>>
>>64604211
Phantom Carriage is great. Great effects too.
>>
>>64604373

I'll watch that one next then. Any other suggestions for some good "classic" horror? I also watched Valerie and Her Week of Wonders and loved that one as well.
>>
>>64604664
I'm a pleb so I'll say Cligari
>>
>>64604030
my man, get in here
>>
>>64604957
I'm OP, I'm already in :^)
>>
>>64604722

Do you mean The Cabinet of Dr Caligari? Already seen it ages ago if so. Pretty much was my gateway into classic horror outside of Vincent Price movies and the old Universal Monsters. Aside from these old films I'm now trying to dissect, I'm also a huge fan of Kiyoshi Kurosawa, if that helps with suggestions. Definitely gonna check out The Phantom Carriage next, though.
>>
>>64605296
I can also recommend Vargtimmen by Ingmar Berman. Throne Of Blood by Kurosawa is a nicely spooky adaptation of Macbeth, not quite horror but close.
>>
>>64603858

The whole Gates of Hell Trilogy is fantastic, really, though The Beyond is my favorite of his.

>>64605398

Will add those to my list. Thank you.
>>
bump

TFA was good. There. Maybe that'll get a few more replies to this thread. We need /hor/ guy back.
>>
GET IN HERE

http://instasync.com/r/ATWA-IS-LIFE
>>
bump slumber party massacre series
>>
My comfy top 5. Seen them so many times I remember most of the dialogue:
1. The Return of the Living Dead (theatrical cut)
2. Blood Diner
3. Evil Dead 2: Dead By Dawn
4. Two Thousand Maniacs!
5. The Hidden

Honorable mentions: Aliens, Creepshow, Shocker, Friday the 13th Part 3-D, A Nightmare on Elm Street 2: Freddy's Revenge
>>
Dolemite, super comfy blaxploitation
>>
>>64606099
Is there a different cut of ROTLD?
>>
>>64603146
Try the Phntasm Extended Cut mate, it's on piratebay
>>
>>64606312
Not diff. Cut, the director tweaked the audio cutting some of the music, changing the tarman zombie's voice. The UK bluray has the superior original version. I mean why make a punk rock zombie movie if you're going to cut out like half the soundtrack?
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.