[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Literally what the fuck are they doing here? https://youtu.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

Literally what the fuck are they doing here?

https://youtu.be/_xP3fI7yn5s?t=181
>>
>I have the high ground
>I'm a big guy
>Not for me
really, Nolan?
>>
>>64600322
Probably the most rapid moving saber duel in all of star wars.

It's odd looking back at how slow they moved the sabers in IV-VI compared to this.
>>
>>64600603
It makes sense, the OT were
>old trained people
>new untrained people
>people trying their hardest not to kill

While in the prequels they were mostly young trained (both in sabre fighting and the force) people trying to kill each other
>>
File: HqB6NLp.gif (2MB, 517x349px) Image search: [Google]
HqB6NLp.gif
2MB, 517x349px
>>64600738
Fuck off.
>>
File: sheevgeneral.png (223KB, 1800x1332px) Image search: [Google]
sheevgeneral.png
223KB, 1800x1332px
>>64600833
damn you showed me
>>
>>64600322
>jumping onto the railing over a giant river of lava at first thought instead of walking down the terrace
yeah definitely not indulgent spectacle. It's supposed to be about two friends fighting
>>
>>64600322
>all those backhanded attacks and blocks
I'm pretty sure if you tried that against a proper attack you'd break your wrists before you get sliced in half
>>
the lightsaber battles are one of the COUNTLESS reasons the prequels are superior
>>
>>64600833
Shit movies, honestly.
>>
File: 1411568248137.jpg (8KB, 250x213px) Image search: [Google]
1411568248137.jpg
8KB, 250x213px
>>64601012

Have you not heard of "force wrist strengthening" from episode 69 of book 420 of the extended universe?
>>
Did TFA have super sicknasty lightsab battles like that???

dindnt fuckin THINK so

reddit TFA lovers btfo again!!\
>>
>>64600322
>they will never make a star wars like this again

only liberal agenda pushing action flicks from here on out

feels really really not that great desu
>>
>>64600322
Obi Wane's screams and aches sound so weird. Like the automated thing you get when you make your character jump in some video games
>>
>>64600322
haha holy fuck the obi-wan CIA stance got me
>>
One of the best fights in SW history

Actually, probably the best fight

If you disagree you're a cuck
>>
>>64601073
>from episode 69 of book 420 of the extended universe

You can do better than that anon, like:
>the audio-drama, The Younglings Strike Back.
>>
>>64600322
those lightsaber hits sound fucking godawful, like 1/10 awful. nice dubs tho
>>
>>64601300
While the start and middle may be better in that fight, no SW fight will ever match the high drama of luke flipping out on his father at the end of his fight in front of the emperor.

https://youtu.be/_RFYoZ7H67A?t=200

>That music
>>
>>64601653
There was so much fighting cut from the final movie that you can really feel. You don't get much of a fight in RotJ and it doesn't meet the battle in Empire because of it but that moment where he flips on Vader is the best moment in Star Wars history so it's saved.
>>
File: 1450687686103.jpg (17KB, 541x559px) Image search: [Google]
1450687686103.jpg
17KB, 541x559px
>>64600322
That fight scene legitimately shows exactly why the prequels were superior to TFA.

Drawn out sequences and scenes that established actual world building. You obtained more information about that fucking planet and the facility they are in during that one fight, than the entire First Order/Resistance/New Republic in TFA.

>B...But Jar Jar xDDD
Maz was way worse.

>B...But muh cgi everything!
Better than a camera that won't stop moving, zoom shots, shaky cam, and an entire movie where the characters run from set piece to set piece.

Every planet in the prequels is firmly established with what their roles are, even if it's just a background character for an ebin lava fight. You know exactly who the enemy is, what their threat is, and what and where everything is.

>No rehashed Death Star shit
>No beat-for-beat cash in on the originals
>Actual varied enemies and original characters
>Minimal fan service and pandering

I mean shit, even the sound effects used by both the Republic and CIS are an intermix of the shit used by the Empire (Death Star warning alarm is the same as the warning alarm when the shields go down during that fight).

Say what you will about George Lucas, but actually gave a shit about the lore and world building. For every monumental fuckup was 10 absolutely engrossing new additions to the franchise.

>Picking on the prequels is literally for Reddit and normies who don't even give a fuck about Star Wars outside of LE GEEK CULTURE xD
>>
>>64601300

>20 minutes straight of obi wan walking backwards blocking back and forth with anikin walking forward swinging back and forth
>one of the best

Okay kiddo.
>>
>>64601851

Wish you prequel defenders would just put "I eat shit" in the name field so I could ignore your posts faster.
>>
>>64601851
>duelling on robots flying above lava that come together so they can fight each other

its almost unwatchable tbqh
>>
>>64601888
this familia
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.