[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>"Your son was weak and foolish like his father. So I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 7

File: 1451867383034.jpg (398KB, 807x600px) Image search: [Google]
1451867383034.jpg
398KB, 807x600px
>"Your son was weak and foolish like his father. So I destroyed him."
>"I'm being torn apart. I want to be free of this pain. I know what I have to do but I don't know if I have the strength to do it. Will you help me?"

>"FROM MY POINT OF VIEW THE JEDI ARE EVIL."

Guess which one the plebs of /tv/ prefer.
>>
MUH MARY SUE

PREQUELS ARE GEMS

JEW JEW ABRAMS

BLACKED
>>
File: 1334109005446.jpg (38KB, 344x345px) Image search: [Google]
1334109005446.jpg
38KB, 344x345px
trick question
it doesn't matter because liking either one makes you a tasteless pleb as star wars is anti art pleb pandering trash of the highest order
>>
>>64598103

tbqh "from my point of view the jedi are evil" is a much more realistic line. like in that kind of situation you don't really elaborate. it may be a bit stupid but that's what we got.

Kylo's dialogue on the other hand screams 'edgelord' and makes Han's death cringeworthy.

Just like Elliot Rodgers or Breivik reading a manifest before doing the killing.

I wonder if he had some of those lines before killing his classmates back in Luke's school
>>
>>64598168
Do you have an inferiority complex?
>>
>Star Wars = pleb shit
>cherry picking quotes

Yeah, ROTS may have its problems but it felt like a Star Wars movie. TFA was Star Wars: the marvel remake. Overall, prefer ROTS but would never see any of the Star wars films again
>>
>>64598283
do you?
>>
>>64598310
Revenge of the Sith is garbage. Kill yourself.
>>
>>64598310
ROTS felt nothing like a Star Wars movie. On the other hand TFA felt exactly like one.

Take your pleb taste elsewhere.
>>
>>64598168
Fucking plebs pretending they're patricians BLOWN OUT
>>
File: image.jpg (96KB, 1525x648px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
96KB, 1525x648px
This scene alone is better than all of TFA.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=05dT34hGRdg

Revenge of the Sith is painted in broad brush strokes. It is played out a mammoth stage by actors with megaphones. It is Big and Bold. It is outrageously epic geographically and emotionally. The symbolism is grand too and because it is in keeping with the story's sweep it does not unbalance the story.

On this scene, at the Opera House, the Mon Calamari put on a show where sperm-like ribbons float in and out of a massive watery egg. The discussion between Sheev and Anakin about the creation of life cements the visual message.

>"Ironic isn't it? ...He could save others but not himself" - Sheev
>"He saved others, let him save himself if he is the Christ of God, the Chosen One" - Priest Luke 23:35

The director George Lucas uses the language of Christian heritage, words already resonant with meaning, as stepping stones to a greater understanding. In this way he subtly illuminates for us the roles, the motivations and the size of what is at stake.
>>
>>64600135
lmao what are you on about

TFA isn't even a Star Wars movie
it's a Marvel flick masquerading as one
>>
File: Anakin.gif (977KB, 500x240px) Image search: [Google]
Anakin.gif
977KB, 500x240px
>>64598103

I'll go with Anakin over Kylo Ren any day of the fucking week.

Hell, if you're making me choose between Palpatine or Snoke, I'M GOING WITH MOTHER FUCKIN' SHEEV. Is that even a question. And are people actually going to sit here and tell me that Rey, Finn and Han Solo are better than Obi-Wan, Yoda and Mace Windu? Get the fuck outta here faggot.

Commander Cody > Captain Phasma
Clone Troopers > fuckin' Donald Duck, apple lookin' shits
General Grievous > General Hux
>>
>>64600379
So any enjoyable movie is called a marvel movie now?
>>
>>64598254
This
>>
>>64600614
>Tfa
>Enjoyable
You can't be serious
>>
>>64600614
just admit you like eating shit, anon
>>
>>64598254
>>64600636

Is this for real?

You've just slaughtered children for your cause, and you preface your argument with "from my point of view"?

It's not that he didn't elaborate, it's that he's written like he's trying to equally weigh both sides, when someone who has started what's essentially a revolution to dictatorship should probably act like he's sure about his decisions. You know. Like a person would.
>>
>>64600379
I think that you're so delusional in your hatred of Marvel flicks that you relate it to every new action/adventure that comes out, and it's pretty sad.
>>64600672
7.5/10, seen it 3 times already.
>>64600818
not him but I found it throughly enjoyable. People who like the prequels are legit shit eaters.
>>
>>64598254
I can't believe this fucking board anymore
>>
File: Eta2_ICS.jpg (350KB, 1500x990px) Image search: [Google]
Eta2_ICS.jpg
350KB, 1500x990px
>>64600601

I never really thought about it like that. Fuck. Like, I guess acting and writing wise the Force Awakens is better, but I think Revenge of the Sith actually has more going for it. When I think about it, it's not just those things that are listed, but the John William's score, the themes, sound design and art direction too.

I was disappointed with all the Force Awakens vehicles. They just seemed like inferior Original Trilogy rehashes. Revenge of the Sith on the other hand had fucking dope Star Destroyers, Jedi Starfighters (precursor to the Tie Fighter) and ARC-170s (precursor to the X-Wing). Fuuuug.

I feel like I don't have taste if I say that Sith is better than Awakens, because on a technical standpoint, Awakens better but when I really sit there and think about it, Sith is more interesting and fun as a spectacle than anything Awakens has to offer (which is mostly shit I get out of the Original Trilogy, only it was better then than it is now).
>>
>>64598103
>>64600135
What are your top 10 films of all time?
>>
Saw it for the second time last night with my parents who hadn't seen it, I think I liked it more desu. My mom was like 16 when the first came out and always liked the movies save the prequels, she said she cried multiple times in the movie
/blog
>>
>>64600672
I literally almost walked out
Is something wrong with me?
Afterward I watched Jay and Mike for fun and they made NO comments about the awkward rushed dialog, strange acting and faces, just plain weird way that Poe and Finn spoke to each other.
>>
I'm gonna petition moottwo to rename this board /ca/ - Contrarianism

I don't think anyone here even watches movies, they just repeat memes about whatever happens to be new/popular
>>
>>64601262
If you think that mindless groupthink is any better you should fuck off to you know where
>>
File: 1447434957701.jpg (32KB, 512x444px) Image search: [Google]
1447434957701.jpg
32KB, 512x444px
>children of this generation will honest to god prefer Vice Commander Snoke whatever the fuck to Sheev

>"I never watched those old ones xD"
>>
>>64601219
>is there something wrong with me?
Yes. You have autism.
>>
>>64601342
The only mindless groupthink going on here is the condemnation of TFA as being worse than the sequels because it's new and popular
>>
>>64601342
>implying /tv/s level of contrarianism isn't mindless groupthink at this point
>>
>>64601378

no

it's because it lacks substance and is boring

sorry everyone doesn't like what you like
>>
>>64601076
hello??
>>
>>64601361
Bullshit. my 8 year old cousin can recite lines from the OT at will.

My childhood friend who is now more of a sister I barely talk to used to try to fall asleep during the movies or go out of the room or not pay attention, now that she's an adult she recently got into them and we had a discussion about TFA in relation to the OT recently.
>>
>>64601419
>everyone doesn't like what he likes
Anon, it's the highest grossing film of all time. I think you need to break your delusion.
>>
>>64601047
>I was disappointed with all the Force Awakens vehicles. They just seemed like inferior Original Trilogy rehashes.
They felt more like cheap chinese knockoffs desu senpai
>b-but they're painted blue
Wow it's like a totally new ship..
>>
File: the person I'm replying to.jpg (23KB, 640x503px) Image search: [Google]
the person I'm replying to.jpg
23KB, 640x503px
>>64601361
>man doesn't everyone hate this new generation which I am so much older and more mature than
>>
>>64601419
Instead of star wars maybe you should go ask your fellow patricians what dank keeno you need to watch with your new fedora?
>>
>>64601508

No, that's Avatar. Guess how many people have any deep care for that movie? Or Furious 7?

This will be forgotten as soon as 8 comes out, and won't be picked off the bookcase for a rewatch like the older Star Wars have been.
>>
>>64598103
5>4>6>7>3>1>2
>>
>>64601574
sup reddit
>>
i hate everything about TFA but i do like how kylo killed han. that scene was the only not shit part of the whole flick. i like how he just slides the lightsaber up into him without any effort.

i do however hate how han stroked his cheek

>muh all forgiving hero
>>
God this board is so shit. Literally defending the prequels now. What a Joke! Seriously.
>>
>>64601566
>Avatar
Read the news.
>guess how many people have deep care for that movie
Not a lot, but then again they didn't have merchandise to be sold with it. The children of this decade will grow up playing with Kylo Ren and Rey action figures, and due to the fact that the movie was actually good this time around, it will be cherished and eventually those toys will be up on the shelf waiting to be passed on to future children, just like how my brother gave me his Han Solo and Luke figures when I was 7.

>>64601574
I have the same order.
>>64601599
reddit posting should honestly be bannable.
>>
>>64601841
Its good for Star Wars production spoilers, thats about it.
>>
>>64601655
>muh all forgiving hero
your son just stabbed you, and you knew he was going to, yet you still love him and are about to fall into one of the many never ending chasms the Empire always builds. Your spine has been nearly severed. What are you going to do?
>>
>>64601566
Pure insanity right there. Cant make that shit up.
>>
>>64601907

>Read the news
>"Avatar still has a commanding lead over TFA in total sales"

You were saying?

>It will be cherished

That's not for you to decide lol

You're going to find out you can't just hamfist cultural classics like you can just steal a world-famous franchise and pawn it off like your own creation
>>
>>64601841
>What a Joke! Seriously.
I mean COME ON! It's 2015...oh, wait
>>
>>64600135

>ROTS felt nothing like the original Star Wars movies. On the other hand TFA felt exactly like them.

I take it that's what you meant to say.
>>
>>64602087
I was looking at the domestic record, excuse me.

Point is a lot of people like it, and I am absolutely sure that young people will remember it with fond memories.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.