[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Home]
4Archive logo
Cameron and Avatards confirmed for BTFO!
If images are not shown try to refresh the page. If you like this website, please disable any AdBlock software!

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6
File: teh borce awagens.jpg (3 MB, 1458x2160) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
teh borce awagens.jpg
3 MB, 1458x2160
Cameron and Avatards confirmed for BTFO!

TFA Domestic: $764,408,684
>>
Will never ever beat the total gross, Cameron is still the master
>>
>>64597109
retard
>>
>>64597109
>Domestic
>Yawn jpeg
>>
Domestic and foreign totals will end up around 1 billion, leaving TFA as number 3. I highly doubt Jurassic World will gross more than TFA in China.
>>
>>64597109
>domestic

>>64597304
TFA is doing really shitty in presales in China. Probably won't even pass $200m there.
>>
How long and how many re-releases did it take for Avatar to reach its total box office?

Star Wars hasn't even been out for three weeks. Y'all need to keep things in perspective.

Before you call me a fanboy---I didn't even like TFA all that much. JJ played it way too safe, and the storytelling relied on a lot of contrivances.
>>
>>64597304
>Domestic and foreign totals will end up around 1 billion
It is already at 1.5 Billions, They will open in China this weekend, and it is expected another 200M from China, and 100-200M worldwide.
>>
>>64597387
>Y'all
don't ever speak to me again
>>
>>64597239
>giving a fuck about third world

Domestic is what matters
>>
>>64597387
Aproximately 11 months, and 3 worldwide re-releases
>>
>>64597405

I had no intention of ever speaking to your autistic ass in the first place, you fat, grimy fuck.
>>
>>64597387
>How long

Irrelevant. TFA is behaving like a normal blockbuster which makes 90% of its gross by the end of the 4th weekend.

>and how many re-releases

One, which makes up a whopping 1.3% of the film's total worldwide gross.
>>
>>64597462
>Irrelevant.

It's definitely not irrelevant. Longevity counts for a lot, and I have no doubt Disney will milk this for a long time, even if box office performance decreases by X percent every week.

>TFA is behaving like a normal blockbuster

How so? It's already past the range of most blockbusters.

>90% of its gross by the end of the 4th weekend

Do you actually have a statistic that shows the average blockbuster makes 90% of its gross within a month?

>One, which makes up a whopping 1.3% of the film's total worldwide gross

Where can I find this information?
>>
>>64597109
>DOMESTIC

L M A O

TFA KUCKS KNOW THEY WONT GET CLOSE TO AVATAR'S 3 BILLION WORLDWIDE

AND THATS IN 2009 DOLLARS AAAAAAAAAHAHAH

MAKES TFA'S 2015 NUMBERS EVEN SHITTER

DISNEY SHILLS(>>64597109) ON SUICIDE WATCH
>>
>>64597431
Not the same guy but
>Y'all
>>
>40%+ drops every week

it blew its load too early and will have to deal with fifth wave, kung fu panda, zoolander and deadpool
>>
>>64597535
Turn off your caps lock m8, it makes you look like a spaz.
>>
>>64597563

I'm actually from New York. I had a friend visit from Baton Rouge recently, though, so I guess it caught on.
>>
>>64597534
>It's definitely not irrelevant. Longevity counts for a lot, and I have no doubt Disney will milk this for a long time, even if box office performance decreases by X percent every week.

Disney can't magically make a movie make tons more money just by keeping it in theatres for longer. Blockbusters suffer exponential decay in gross and by the end of their run they're literally making about 0.01% or less of their total gross daily.

>How so? It's already past the range of most blockbusters.

Do you even box office figures? It opened higher but its percentage drops week-to-week are very high much like every other blockbuster and nowhere near what long-lasting movies like Avatar and Titanic did.

>Do you actually have a statistic that shows the average blockbuster makes 90% of its gross within a month?

What do you mean, a statistic? No I don't have a handy source that confirms what I'm saying. Look:

>Jurassic World: $556,542,950/$652,270,625 by the end of the 4th weekend = 85% of total gross
Source: http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=weekend&id=jurassicpark4.htm
>Age of Ultron: $404,862,176/$459,005,868 by the end of the 4th weekend = 88.2% of total gross
Source: http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=weekend&id=avengers2.htm

Look up more yourself you lazy shit.

>One, which makes up a whopping 1.3% of the film's total worldwide gross

Literally on the wikipedia page for avatar or boxofficemojo
>>
>>64597660
>Disney can't magically make a movie make tons more money just by keeping it in theatres for longer.

No, but brand name can. Percentage drops are misleading for TFA given the high value of the raw box office take every week.

>Blockbusters suffer exponential decay in gross and by the end of their run they're literally making about 0.01% or less of their total gross daily.

Needless to say, there are very obviously exceptions to this.

>Do you even box office figures?

I don't meticulously track box office numbers for every release every week, no. Is this supposed to demean me?

>It opened higher but its percentage drops week-to-week are very high much like every other blockbuster and nowhere near what long-lasting movies like Avatar and Titanic did.

Again, percentage drops are misleading when dealing with higher box office takes. TFA made $6M just yesterday. It would only have to keep that pace for half a year to beat Avatar, and that's in a vacuum. When considering factors such as spikes in international box office performance (due to premieres in international markets), the daily pace within an allotted period of time becomes a lot more forgiving.

>What do you mean, a statistic? No I don't have a handy source that confirms what I'm saying.

You cited two recent blockbusters and think that's enough to apply this to the "tentpole" genre? Mate, do you even statistics?

>Look up more yourself you lazy shit.

Why? I'm not the one making ridiculous claims. Don't give me this gay-ass copout.

>Literally on the wikipedia page for avatar or boxofficemojo

Appreciate it.
>>
http://www.boxofficemojo.com/alltime/adjusted.htm

Not even close.
>>
>>64597967

Neither is Avatar, you do realize.
>>
>>64597861
>Needless to say, there are very obviously exceptions to this.

No, there aren't. Show me one movie that was making more than 0.1% of its box office per day at the end of its release schedule. You won't be able to.

>Again, percentage drops are misleading when dealing with higher box office takes. TFA made $6M just yesterday. It would only have to keep that pace for half a year to beat Avatar, and that's in a vacuum. When considering factors such as spikes in international box office performance (due to premieres in international markets), the daily pace within an allotted period of time becomes a lot more forgiving.

You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. TFA made $6m yesterday domestically, not overseas. What do you mean spikes due to premieres? TFA opened simultaneously in every single relevant overseas market except for China. No movie has ever made $6m per day for half a year, not even the most consistent movie of all time, Titanic. By the end of next month TFA will be making at most $2m daily overseas. You're talking shit and have no idea what you're talking about. I'm not arguing with someone who doesn't have the slightest grasp of box office trends.
>>
>>64597999

Good. It's a shitty movie.
>>
Everytime someone posts these threads I go see it again.
>>
>Caring this much about whether normies prefer a 3D hype cashgrab or a 2 hour toy commercial more

Kill yourselves
>>
>>64598003
>No, there aren't. Show me one movie that was making more than 0.1% of its box office per day at the end of its release schedule. You won't be able to.

So if Avatar follows this same trend, why can't Star Wars?

>TFA made $6m yesterday domestically, not overseas.

How does this in any way qualify anything? The international take is obviously greater, and therefore a more optimistic narrative.

>What do you mean spikes due to premieres? TFA opened simultaneously in every single relevant overseas market except for China.

China is quickly becoming the crown jewel of international releases. That spike itself will nullify a month of Star Wars making $0 domestic.

>No movie has ever made $6m per day for half a year, not even the most consistent movie of all time, Titanic

Again, thank you for proving you can't into basic arithmetic. Average/pace isn't the same as day-by-day revenue.

>By the end of next month TFA will be making at most $2m daily overseas.

If it doesn't, will you order your Helium tank?

>You're talking shit and have no idea what you're talking about. I'm not arguing with someone who doesn't have the slightest grasp of box office trends.

Fuck off then, you greasy slob. No one cares. Stop trying to be condescending on a Taiwanese knitting board, especially when you're choking on Cameron's dick. Real life is going to run you over like the truck that delivers your insulin if you don't learn to curb your autism.

>>64598096

Agreed.

>>64598129

Nice meme, dickhead.
>>
>>64598003
>/tv/ - Television & Film
>Please support 4chan by disabling your ad blocker on *.4chan.org/*, purchasing a self-serve ad, or buying a 4chan Pass.

But why does this make SWTFA bad?
>>
>>64597417
>not giving a fuck about who makes our TVs and plastic stuff
>>
>>64598212
>So if Avatar follows this same trend, why can't Star Wars?

I don't even know what this means.

>How does this in any way qualify anything? The international take is obviously greater, and therefore a more optimistic narrative.

You're making basic mistakes like confusing overseas and domestic which shows me you know pretty much nothing about the box office.

>China is quickly becoming the crown jewel of international releases.

TFA is doing badly in presales in China and will make (very optimistically) $150m at most.

>Again, thank you for proving you can't into basic arithmetic. Average/pace isn't the same as day-by-day revenue.

You're a fool who has ABSOLUTELY no idea how the box office works, and this has proven it. Suppose TFA makes a final gross of around $950m at the box office (this is likely). This leaves $1838m to gross overseas, or an additional $1.02b. This is impossible. Avatar at this point had grossed $739m overseas of its eventual $2b gross. That's a 1.71 multiplier on its gross up to that point. TFA would need a 1.25 multiplier. However, Avatar was making between $15m and $22m a day overseas on its weekdays up until the end of fucking February. TFA made $13m yesterday, a day on which Avatar made $22m. You're an idiot.
>>
>>64597233
is there a cross next to the title because starcucks are on suicide watch?
>>
File: 1452160779927.jpg (35 KB, 293x298) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1452160779927.jpg
35 KB, 293x298
>>64598683
JEJ
>>
>>64598651
>I don't even know what this means.

That's because you lack a lot of basic skills, including English reading comprehension.

If Avatar also made less than 0.1% of its total gross toward its tail end, why is it relevant to bring this up? This goes for every movie ever.

When I disagreed with your statement, I was referring to the "exponential decrease" portion, which is disproved by consistent "blockbusters" such as Titanic.

>You're making basic mistakes like confusing overseas and domestic which shows me you know pretty much nothing about the box office.

Where did I say the $6M was made overseas? I simply said TFA made $6M yesterday, and that if it continues that pace through a three-month window (at which point we would include the total international take in the average), then it's in fine shape to shatter Avatar's record.

You might be obsessed with the box office (great resume-builder, man), but you are one dense fuck in every way. Having a passion doesn't mean you're going to find success, especially when you can't even hold a conversation over the Internet.

>TFA is doing badly in presales in China and will make (very optimistically) $150m at most.

We'll see. This is nothing but conjecture---unless you can provide a statistic which shows presales make up an overwhelming majority of total tickets sold in China.

>You're a fool who has ABSOLUTELY no idea how the box office works, and this has proven it.

You keep harping on this as if it means something. I'm asking genuine questions because I don't have a horse in this race. Your fat, disgusting self keeps suffering from autism overload. Stop spitting on your computer monitor and screaming about being a box office expert, you fucking weirdo.

>Suppose TFA makes a final gross of around $950m at the box office (this is likely). This leaves $1838m to gross overseas, or an additional $1.02b. This is impossible.

Why is this impossible? Star Wars could easily be in theaters for another 4 months.
>>
>>64598651
>>64598918

>Avatar at this point had grossed $739m overseas of its eventual $2b gross.

When you say "at this point," do you mean in three box office weekends? I can't find that number.

>Avatar was making between $15m and $22m a day overseas on its weekdays up until the end of fucking February. TFA made $13m yesterday, a day on which Avatar made $22m.

Again, citations would be nice. You seem to have a real issue with providing proof. Are you a compulsive liar?

>You're an idiot.

And you're a stepping stone in life. Congratulations.
>>
File: 1426020183771.jpg (65 KB, 398x387) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1426020183771.jpg
65 KB, 398x387
>>64598918
>>
http://vocaroo.com/i/s1RhKfFhpIjo
>>
>>64599038
Fucking embarrassing.
>>
>>64599021

Not mad at all. Just responding in kind. You're a fucking loser.
>>
File: 1430748116772.gif (674 KB, 320x180) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1430748116772.gif
674 KB, 320x180
TWO THINGS WE CAN ALL AGREE ON

TFAKUCKS ARE COMPLETELY BTFO AND DISNEY SHILLS ARE ON SUICIDE WATCH

L M A O
M
A
O
>>
>>64599285
I haven't seen this level of shit post in the last 4 years. Grats here's your (You) gentlesir.
>>
>rerelease Avatar before Avatar 2
>take record back easy

Sasuga, Reddit
>>
>>64597109
>domestic

XDD. That has literally never mattered
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6
Thread DB ID: 389258



[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the shown content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content, then use the post's [Report] link! If a post is not removed within 24h contact me at [email protected] with the post's information.