[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

George Walton Lucas Jr. was a genius. https://www.youtube.c

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 10

File: 11-george-lucas-michael-elins.jpg (54KB, 479x580px) Image search: [Google]
11-george-lucas-michael-elins.jpg
54KB, 479x580px
George Walton Lucas Jr. was a genius.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?=121&v=k7ZW1gtCljs

Without him, the ''''''''Star Wars'''''''' motion pictures will now become like The Avengers, i.e. merely flicks. We can already see it with the ''The Force Awakens''.

The magic of Star Wars is dead. Weep.
>>
I really dislike the prequels, but this still made me tear up a bit.

Georgie was a cool guy who wanted to make enjoyable films, and in the long run he succeeded.
>>
>>64588781

>Howard the Duck
>Red tails
>The Prequels
>Strange Magic
>enjoyable films

He failed
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXTGzKkTTLk

pottery
>>
>>64588781
I dont understand how rehasing scenes is genius
>>
Incredible imagination, incompetent implementation
>>
File: ff_ilm_lucas.jpg (228KB, 1200x1500px) Image search: [Google]
ff_ilm_lucas.jpg
228KB, 1200x1500px
>>64589166
>I dont understand
Yes, you don't.

They don't just rhyme, but they also mirror. You notice that in a lot of these parallels characters are moving in, facing, or positioned opposite from each other. In most of the R2-D2 scenes he's facing one direction in the prequel version and facing the opposite in the other. Luke's speeder is moving towards the left while Anakin's is moving towards the right. The Chancellor Swings his chair to the left while the Emperor Swings his chair to the right. Anakin is always on the right when kissing Padme and Han is always on the left when kissing Leia.

As described in Mike Kilmo's Star Wars Ring Theory Article the prequels don't just parallel the Originals, but mirror them to create a circle. Their story runs in reverse from the Originals with Episode II pretty much Episode V in reverse. Whether you liked the Prequels, or not you can't question the amount of the thought and detail that went into their creation in respect to the Original Trilogy.
>>
Idea is fine his execution was awful and not subtle at all plus too much of it
>>
>>64589166
"Million dollars saved is million dollars earned"

George Walton Lucas Jr.
>>
>>64588781

>George Walton Lucas Jr. was a genius

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiDRgDmXGi4
>>
>>64589281
>hurr why do these singing and dancing ALIENS look weird
>>
Lucas definitely went off the rails starting with the Ewoks, and only got crazier from there. But I'll always remember and love him for the original trilogy, because they're beautiful - and so god damn American. They inspire so much wonder and they have real values. You can tell they were made with love.

Those movies could never be made today, and nobody but Lucas could have made them back then. Now you have Disney raping the dead corpse of my film Bible with politically correct casting choices and Marvel style direction. Pretty soon we'll have a different Star Wars movie about an empowered womyn releasing every financial quarter.

Not to go full /pol/, but western civilization is dying. The original trilogy was the high water mark. Seeing the flames rise higher all around us just makes me appreciate the originals more.
>>
>>64589020

THX-1138
American Graffiti
Star Wars
Indiana Jones
The creation of ILM

He did fine in my book. People want to discredit him but he'll always be this fantastic, autistic, creative wizard in my opinion. Only unsuccessful, man children slobs hate on based George Lucas.

*ahem*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPx9OA9sz7A&ebc=ANyPxKpeWZb2NcOWWA7xRmqfeP9klg74TJibCoVq9X5HEe-UFLDep8gKH_rUapTDQWr-iMawRbeZCpiXQoZ816y9-H3DoVb5OA&time_continue=624
>>
>>64589705
Hello Reddit!
>>
>>64589020
>>Howard the Duck
>>Red tails
>>Strange Magic
Weren't directed by Goerge Lucas.
>>
>>64589908
No, the reddit opiion would be that /pol/ is bad.
>>
>>64589318
>implying that's the complaint
Fuck off, George. That scene is completely unnecessary and painful to watch.
>>
>>64589986
KOO

NEE

TAH
>>
>>64589020
A producer gives money. He does not make the film, you nubnub.

>>64589858
this
>>
>>64588781
>>64589227
Did you faggots get into Star Wars within the last few months? We've known about George's "poetry" for a long time. I'll admit that it's a bit impressive George put this much thought into mirroring stuff but that doesn't make the prequels good. He cared more about mirroring stuff than writing a good script.
>>
>>64590093
Howdydo reddit.
>>
>>64589935

Parts of Red Tails was directed by Lucas

>>64590088

He rewrote, directed on Red Tails.

He wrote Strange Magic.

Also if you think Lucas as a producer as just a bank man you are incorrect.

It was his idea for Kingdom to have aliens, and he wanted Holy Grail to be set in a haunted house.
>>
>>64590155
>Parts of Red Tails was directed by Lucas
Yeah, the only good parts- the dogfights.
>>
>>64590198

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jlp2P9iO2I

>warthundergameplay.avi
>>
>>64590256
that looks awesome tho

>wahh CGI is inherently bad
>wahhhh
>>
>>64590198
Lucas thought he was ahead of his time by only casting niggers
I can't wait until this "George Lucas was good" meme dies
>>
File: 1446028917419.jpg (777KB, 1536x2304px) Image search: [Google]
1446028917419.jpg
777KB, 1536x2304px
Based.

Prequels were better than the entire harry potter, hunger games, twilight etc.

The only trilogy better than Lucas' Prequels are Lucas OT, Lotr
>>
>>64590478
>Prequels were better than the entire harry potter, hunger games, twilight etc.
Well yes, but that doesn't make them good.
>>
>>64588781
I'm really excited for the all the star wars movies. Sure we're going to get a lot of muck into the canon, but I think the good stuff we get will make up for it. Other people's idea for the star wars universe have already been better than Georges
>>
>star wars
>not always been and always will be flicks regardless of Lucas being there or not

The second he replaced wookies with Ewoks, the movies became childrens flicks.
>>
>>64590274

>Looks awesome

Shit CG aside, this supposed realistic war film cant even get its dogfighting physics correct.

You know why? Because the hack Lucas tried to top Star Wars space battles in a WW2 film
>>
>>64589227

That just sounds like autism. It's shit that literally does not matter or point to a greater truth.
>>
>>64590256
>NEI-[explosion]

why did this make me laugh so much
>>
>>64590891
t. ''my favorite films are Fight Club, The Shawshank Redemption and Inception! I'm such a movie buff!''
>>
File: 1437528257030.jpg (183KB, 1656x1009px) Image search: [Google]
1437528257030.jpg
183KB, 1656x1009px
>>64588781
>special edition versions of OT scenes

Every time.
>>
>>64588781
>was
>>
Even though I enjoyed TFA, I'll always prefer one guy's weird ideas over a crowdsourced fanfic designed to provide fanservice to as many people as possible.
>>
>>64591100
>he doesn't know
>>
Based Lucas.
>>
File: sith_30.jpg (727KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
sith_30.jpg
727KB, 1920x1080px
They don't just rhyme, but they also mirror. You notice that in a lot of these parallels you point out characters are moving in, facing, or positioned opposite from each other. In most of the R2-D2 scenes he's facing one direction in the prequel version and facing the opposite in the other. Luke's speeder is moving towards the left while Anakin's is moving towards the right. The Chancellor Swings his chair to the left while the Emperor Swings his chair to the right. Anakin is always on the right when kissing Padme and Han is always on the left when kissing Leia. As described in Mike Kilmo's Star Wars Ring Theory Article the prequels don't just parallel the Originals, but mirror them to create a circle. Their story runs in reverse from the Originals with Episode II pretty much Episode V in reverse. Whether you liked the Prequels, or not you can't question the amount of the thought and detail that went into their creation in respect to the Original Trilogy.
>>
Daily reminder Empire Strikes Back is a perfectly symmetrical film:

A. A Star Destroyer sends probes searching for Luke Skywalker

B. Luke communicates with Han Solo by radio and then gets injured

C. Han makes it safely back to the Rebel base

D. Han says he’ll come back and help Chewbacca repair the Millennium Falcon

E. Han goes looking for Luke, who’s stranded in the cold

F. Luke uses the Force to get his lightsaber

G. Luke hangs upside down and then falls from the ceiling

H. Luke cuts off a snow creature’s arm

I. Leia has to close the Rebel base door on Luke and Han

J. The spirit of Obi-Wan appears to Luke and tells him where to be trained as a Jedi

K. Han finds Luke

L. Han puts Luke inside his tauntaun to keep him warm

M. Rogue Squadron flies to Han’s and Luke’s rescue

N. A rejuvenated Luke is greeted by Han and Leia

O. An Imperial Probe reveals the Rebels’ hidden base

P. Luke says farewell to Han to get trained as a Jedi

Q. The Rebels are alerted to the Empire’s presence and prepare to escape

R. Darth Vader kills an admiral for his failure and names Piett his new admiral

S. Luke sends an AT-AT falling into the snow

T. The Millennium Falcon can’t go to light speed, so it goes into an asteroid field and hides inside one of the asteroids

U. Luke underestimates the danger of entering Dagobah and he crash lands

V. R2-D2 gets eaten by a swamp creature and vomited out

W. Luke finds Yoda and tells Artoo to stay and watch their camp

X. Han interrupts Leia’s work and she winds up walking out on him

Y. A Star Destroyer gets hit by a massive asteroid

Z. Vader talks with the Emperor about the son of Skywalker
>>
>>64593533
Z. Luke talks to Yoda about his father

Y. A Star Destroyer blasts its way through the asteroids

X. Leia interrupts Han’s work and he walks out, joined by her

W. C-3PO stays behind to “guard the ship” while Han and Leia discover mynocks in the asteroid

V. The Millennium Falcon escapes being eaten by a space slug

U. Luke underestimates the danger of entering a cave and fails his test

T. The Millennium Falcon leaves the asteroid field, fails to go to light speed, and hides on a Star Destroyer

S. Luke is unable to lift his X-Wing out of a swamp

R. Vader kills a captain for letting the Millennium Falcon escape and gives a stern warning to Admiral Piett

Q. Han and Leia fail to notice Boba Fett tracking them as they escape

P. Luke says farewell to Yoda, ending his Jedi training prematurely

O. Vader ambushes Han and Leia on Cloud City

N. Leia comforts Han after he’s been tortured

M. Luke flies to Han’s and Leia’s rescue

L. Vader freezes Han in carbonite

K. Luke finds Han

J. Luke encounters Vader and gets taunted that he’s not a Jedi yet

I. Leia is too late to save Han from being taken to Jabba the Hutt

H. Luke gets his hand cut off

G. Luke falls down a giant shaft and winds up upside down

F. Luke uses the Force to call for help

E. Leia goes looking for Luke, who’s stranded under Cloud City

D. Artoo helps Chewie repair the Millennium Falcon

C. Everyone but Han makes it safely back to the Rebel Fleet

B. Luke communicates by radio with Lando Calrissian and then gets hurt in a helpful way

A. The Millennium Falcon goes searching for Han

inb4:
>muh irving kershenr
Nigga had nothing to do with writing the script.
>>
>>64590683
well tfa was surely not better.
Geroge's ideas for the sequels of OT had Mara Jade, the twins and stuff.
>>
>>64593565
>"It’s a musical idea. You have a lyrical refrain and you keep playing it over and over again using different instrumentation, different octaves. It changes every time you rehear it. It’s the same note played differently. I’ve tried to use that right from the very beginning when I did Star Wars. Literally it came out with something I was trying to do with [THX-1138]. Instead of three acts, there was almost like three different movies, but each movie is telling the same story in a different way. I became fascinated with that idea. It’s kind of visual jazz. You go off on a riff on the same idea. You just take a concept and just interpret it differently visually. And there’s a lot of that going on in these movies. I like the idea of cyclical motifs that keep occurring over and over and over again."

This mirror structure was also used in Eyes Wide Shut, Notorious, the Mad Men episode "Marriage Of Figcaro," and Full Metal Jacket.
>>
>>64589059
Can someone explain to me what the hell 'pottery' is supposed to mean?
>>
>>64589705
>the Ewoks

this meme needs to die. the Ewoks exist purely because Wookies would have required too many tall people.
>>
>>64593723
Tall people are as hard to find as short people, you cuck. The entire end of the third act was about wookies for like 5 drafts in a row, Lucas changed it last second, and you know it was to get more toy sales and capitalize on ET's success. inb4 "muh willow shows lucas always wanted to show the little guy beat the big bads"
>>
VII was so mediocre the prequels actually became instant classics.
>>
>>64593688
it means something that approaches the genius of harry potter's writing
>>
>>64593852
Short people eat less, though, so they're cheaper to maintain.
>>
People have told me some interesting quotes, actual people I know in real life and anonymous people on the internet. About TFA:

>Best movie ever made
>9/10
>You can't fit all of that in there in 2 and a half hours
>It's the first in a trilogy
>Just turn your brain off
>It's not about politics and is about characters so it's great
>Makes the older movies look boring!

I died inside.
>>
>>64594461
Bullshit.
You can have all the subplot and nuance in the world but if NONE OF IT FUCKING MAKES SENSE it's all for nothing.
>>
george lucas yer a dead man
>>
>>64589858

He produced Willow as well
>>
File: 1441586595741.jpg (110KB, 576x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1441586595741.jpg
110KB, 576x1024px
>>64594461
>deeply interfaced story
with all the subtlety and nuance as a brick to the face

What you call "being watched in three ways" are also known as subplots

Any sense of foreshadowing only exists because the original Star Wars were such a cultural milestone, solely because they were the kind of movie that TFA and Star Trek were. There are at least three subplots I can name in TFA off the top of my head.

im tired and youre retarded/contrarian and im taking bait
>>
>>64589968
The reddit meme is getting out of hand. Its reddit to like the prequels, its reddit to not like them. Its reddit to like the TFA, its reddit to dislike it. Shits fucking retard, this is 4chan not fucking reddit I wish people would stop constantly talking about that shit site jesus christ.
>>
>>64594852
Only reddit is so obsessed with reddit
>>
>>64594871
only sith deal in absolutes
>>
>>64588781

Why is he so based. Hating Lucas was a meme so hard that you got Jew Jew to run your "bellowed" franchise to the ground.

I hope you're happy. This is the future you choose by following reddit tier memes.
>>
File: jablel.jpg (99KB, 637x474px) Image search: [Google]
jablel.jpg
99KB, 637x474px
>falling for Darth Lucas' simple mind tricks
>>
>>64594852

Hello, reddit!
>>
>>64590150
Go away, reddit.
>>
>>64590478
>The only trilogy better than Lucas' Prequels are Lucas OT, Lotr
The Dollars trilogy, The Evil Dead trilogy, the Spider-Man trilogy and the Back to the Future trilogy are all infinitely superior. If I put some real thought into it I could probably come up with a ton of other trilogies that are also better than the prequels.
>>
>>64595621
Alien.
>>
It´s just like i read on another thread:

"The new movie made the prequels instant classics"

It changed our view. And thank God it did. Because it´s time to stop mistreating the genius that created the sci fi bible we all love.

The prequels fail in PRODUCTION, the casting the animators and designers are terrible in many ways with special focus on the casting.

What fucked the prequels was the casting and actor direction. With proper people (and of course supervision, Lucas did fail on that) these movies would be EPIC.

Just imagine a bad ass actor playing anakin. Imagine a no kids toy pressure star wars. Jesus, just imagine that. How "dark knight" it could be.

But Lucas failed on focusing more on the action and pop sales has the main vibe on the prequels. But if you look deep into the story you see that the rise of Vader was lame but we had a EPIC one: PALPATINE! He was the star of the prequels, his human deception and then the revelation of his true form.

Lucas is a genius and he balances the soul of the saga, in all 6 movies = Brutal darkness / light or love.

Why did he sold the saga to disney? He needed the money? LOL

Of course not. He did what the people vs lucas asked. Let star wars go, give it to us THE FANS THE FANS THE FANS! Now look at this shit. Fucking JJ Abrams and pals make teen movies!

Who´s laughing now? WE WILL MISS LUCAS, TRUST ME!

Thank you and SORRY Geroge Lucas.
>>
>>64595621
it´s all a matter of opinion and taste.
>>
File: Sergio Leone.jpg (43KB, 357x476px) Image search: [Google]
Sergio Leone.jpg
43KB, 357x476px
>>64595713
If you think the prequels are better than the Dollars trilogy then you have objectively awful opinions and taste.
>>
>>64590478
That isn't a big accomplishment. All of those franchises are young adult garbage.

>The only trilogy better than Lucas' Prequels are Lucas OT, Lotr
Get the fuck out, you fucking pleb.
>>
>>64594852
Howdydo reddit
>>
>>64595621
>spiderman
yea no
ill give you evil dead and back to the future tho
>>
>>64596322
1 and 2 are vastly superior to the prequels in every way. I'll admit that 3 is heavily flawed but it isn't as bad as the prequels.
>>
>>64596134
>>64595352
When will "reddit" be a bannable word?
>>
>>64596562
Chinese moot should filter it to 4chan.
>>
>>64596601
An Hiro should filter it to ", I'm a redditor!"
>>
>>64590478
The prequels are better than the Hunger Games and Twilight but the first two Harry Potter movies are fun child fantasy movies and Prisoner of Azkaban is a legitimately good movie.
>>
>>64594333
And you can pack them in with the equipment instead of paying for room and board.
>>
>>64594546
star wars is like peugeot
they realized they were making products for an audience that was too stupid/uninterested to appreciate what they were doing so they started making shit and got wildly succesful.
>>
File: tv_reddit_rate.png (23KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
tv_reddit_rate.png
23KB, 1600x1200px
>>64596562
>>64596601
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.