[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why was black movies/TV so much more progressive in the 80s/90s?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 282
Thread images: 20

Why was black movies/TV so much more progressive in the 80s/90s? Like, Cosby, Eddie Murphy, Will Smith, these are normal black people. Now every movie treats black people like they're some alien or some shit. Like Creed is like OMG a black guy. Straight Outta Compton is like look at these fucking black guys! In the 80s/90s, black people in media were just regular fucking people. Now they're all like walking cartoons like Samuel L Jackson. anyone else notice this shit?
>>
This is the question I've been asking for the past few years during the advent of this diversity/SJW push. They're acting like the past forty years of film and TV just don't count now. The Fresh Prince is one of the best shows of all time and has nothing to do with their race.
>>
The cold war ended.
>>
File: cubagoodingjr.jpg (9KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
cubagoodingjr.jpg
9KB, 275x183px
>>64584582
WE IS KINGS NOW.
>>
>>64584582
You been on this website for way to long. You have a weird and not true view of Creed and Straight out of Compton.
>>
>>64584582
Good point op.
People treat a black lead like it's a unicorn nowadays but they forget the Will Smith had 8 movies open at number in a row.
The only people that give a shit about race are the people whining about it.
>>
>>64584582
Tyler Perry happened
>>
>>64584582
Basically, in the 80s and 90s black populations in the US had it really bad, the Clinton machine made deals to extend Nixon's racist drug war to further rob the vote from non violent marijuana smokers. Then to avoid the reality of heavy handed attacks on black communities, Clinton would do shit like play his sax on Arsenio Hall, the media capitulated with this, presenting blacks as if they had no real problems, everything is good here, move along.

Today, this media narrative is not as useful. With social media black americans are organizing their ire over these insane policies which both the republicans and democrats perpetuate, still only a small population they're being attacked by reactionary conservatives that want segregation or jim crow back on the books or attacked by arrogant liberals that want to hold their hand shove them into welfare holes or make their law or medical degree worthless through affirmative action.

Meanwhile, Obama is the even less of a supporter of black causes than Clinton was, as once again the real power are the corporations and their interests. Part of that interest is establishing thought-crime and a fascist political correct mandate to lump black issues with women's issues, gay issues, trans issues and make the trans issues the most important on that hierarchy (making black issues the least).

Blacks face overwhelming odds in corporate environments and are still feared by old white CEOs who remember the riots and the loss of real estate property values when they were forced to give blacks loans and homes in white neighborhoods.

So it seems like media is now addressing black issues, but it's all another corporate ruse to actually dismiss the issues as less important than homophobia or trans-phobia.
>>
File: show_firstfamily_192x108x2.png (135KB, 384x216px) Image search: [Google]
show_firstfamily_192x108x2.png
135KB, 384x216px
Those tv shows and film still exist. The problem is no body watches them.
>>
>>64584618
they had one episode where cops might have been being racist to them by assuming their fancy car was stolen.
>>
>>64584695
/thread
>>
>>64584618
Because it doesn't.

The mainstream media of the 80s and 90s was all carefully tailored to promote the idea that everyone (in america) was the same and capable of social mobility in order to prevent communist sentiment from taking root in any cultural demographic.

Once the cold war ended, and that stopped, we started getting movies/television about what being black was really like. And it wasn't the fucking cosbys.
>>
>>64584618
>Will Smith get arrested several time for being black.
>Carlton doesn't get in a frat because he isn't "black enough."
>Constantly deals with racism
>Constantly dealt with things that plagued the black community. Like being abandoned by their father or gang violence.
>>
File: picture-4.png (295KB, 500x381px) Image search: [Google]
picture-4.png
295KB, 500x381px
>>64584582
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIkyoFybhPM
>>
>>64584847

>And it wasn't the fucking cosbys.

Yeah it turned out only one of them was doing the fucking,
>>
>>64584780
Lol
>>
>>64584913
Just exactly how autistic do you have to be to think that was a good post?
>>
>>64584847
jesus lefties are worse paranoid nancies than pol
>>
>>64584847
wow, an insightful and well-written post on 4chan /tv/
>>
>>64584953
Leave him alone he's been waiting to post that all thread.
>>
>>64584913
kekeru
>>64584953
he's right, take your "blacks are victim who deserve my shit" to your cuckshed
>>
>>64584957
how is that even remotely left?
>>
>>64584970
way to samefag, bitch
>>
>>64584582
just accept blacks are different than you

(ie better)
>>
>>64584847
>what being black is really like
There are black people on welfare and there are black people worth millions of dollars that live in mansions.
>>
>>64584780
Good post, I wish there was more people like you on /tv/.
>>
>>64584847
>They're acting like the past forty years of film and TV just don't count now.
>Because it doesn't.
wow so blacks havent made any stride in 40 years of civil rights

damn https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__Vj3DXwOBI
>>
>>64584980
>black and white people are different
>LMAO LIBKEK STOP SUCKIN DAT BBC!!

... goddamn /pol/, keep it together.
>>
>>64584780
gimme a break, blacks are far higher in the "hardened deservers" hierarchy of lefty faggots than trannies
>>
>>64584847
>because it doesn't
Fuck you.
>>
>>64584780
Blacks create their own issues. 80% of them are born out of wedlock. Black men are 6% of the population and commit 60% of violent crimes.

The problem with blacks are blacks. Not the whites who have been taking care of them financially for decades.
>>
>>64585045
Yeah but the ratio of welfare blacks to milionare blacks isn't exactly equal
>>
>>64585152
>taking care of them financially
You spelt "keeping them in poverty" wrong
>>
>>64585134
As you go further left, it becomes more and more about the smallest minority.
>>
>>64584639
>The cold war ended.

so?
>>
>>64585134
>"hardened deservers" hierarchy of lefty faggots
their shit really does read like that, as if black skin is some burned violence done by whites (and signaling their "bad ass violent ways") and now they deserve to violently take shit
>>
>>64585211
zoey tur cant call some black dude a "nigger" but blacks can be as homophobic, sexist, chauvinist and transphobicly macho as they want
>>
>>64584803

what a bunch of uncle toms.
>>
>>64585185
You call spending trillions of dollars on blacks keeping them in poverty, eh?

Look at how blacks live without white financial and infrastructural support in the 50+ black countries on earth. Now compare that to America.

Blacks literally need whites, otherwise they eat tree bark.
>>
>>64584898
and this is SJW why? it was dealt with realistically. and the last point is false, it didn't "constantly" deal with abandonment/gang violence
>>
>>64585332
b-b-but colonialism! whites acting like antisemitic caricatures!

(i wont mention arab imperialism tho)
>>
>>64585134
the media is pushing for it, but the way the new corporate political agenda presents black 'issues' only when it's incredibly superficial and masks the issues of the vast majority of non-black poor Americans. The same way they have in the past by lumping in all Europeans with the WASP elites. Irish and Italians have been spit on historically in the US since the beginning, any non-protestant group has had to struggle despite their similar skin color.

It's easy to placate and 'speak for' minorities when you are already a social elite, marginalizing poor people of all ethnic backgrounds which need help and struggle in completely unfair corporate environments by constantly making superficial black issues more important, and then superficial women's issues, and then superficial gay issues, (far more interested in how these people are depicted in FICTION than protecting their legal rights or pointing out the disparity of law enforcement [it's a hundred times more likely that a black drug user will be fully prosecuted over a white one] or even addressing the loopholes in equal opportunity laws.

Black 'issues' now serve the corporations that shit on them. The people who really lose are anyone born poor with no opportunities for work or advancement thanks to corporate greed and rampant white collar crime that is never even investigated.
>>
>>64585332

>Look at how blacks live without white financial and infrastructural support in the 50+ black countries on earth.

>implying whites didn't cause infrastructural instability in black countries
>implying spending "trillions" on blacks means anything in a country filled with bigotry
>>
>>64585092
I'm not talking about rights, I'm talking about how cold-war, post-civil rights era mainstream media depicted black people. With the issue being is they weren't depicted. Black actors were playing white people because the goal was to put forth the idea that american culture was homogenous and harmonious. This wasn't limited to black people either, every minority race in the US was depicted the same way. It was only once the berlin wall fell that the idea multiple cultures can exist in the same geopolitical entity was allowed to be expressed.
>>
>>64585380
fucking hell you're a cliche >>64585360
>>
>>64585402
I'm right tho
>>
>>64585380
>>implying whites didn't cause infrastructural instability in black countries

if it wasnt for whites, there wouldnt even be "black countries" in africa.
>>
>>64585380
Kek.

Openly admits trillions of dollars isn't enough to fix blacks

Kekekekekekekekekek
>>
>>64585366
>Black 'issues' now serve the corporations that shit on them.
yeah i agree, same with feminism and most leftism absorbed by corporate media and politics. But I'm not gonna help them further and go "but that's not the true scotsman, have this better leftist argument (THE REAL ONE) for why you should fuck over the poor majority in your class war"
>>
>>64585380
actually blacks in Africa fall under only four ethnic backgrounds and their population is far far less than Europe, China, South America.

Due to never having a lot of people in Africa in the first place, the resources were not as exploited, so many different corporations are struggling to say, own the water, the diamonds, the gold, and the lumber. It's simple numbers, there isn't enough black people in Africa to actually fight the clandestine rabble rousing of other nations stirring the pot so they can buy up those precious resources cheap.

Burn the town down, buy up the property for half the cost. It's way corporations do. And no one gives a fuck about Africa.
>>
>>64585431
That's kinda the point. They're artificial constructs maintained by outside parties.
>>
>>64585157
because the ratio for welfare whites and millionaire whites is totally equal.
>>
>>64585390
>Black actors were playing white people because the goal was to put forth the idea that american culture was homogenous and harmonious. This wasn't limited to black people either, every minority race in the US was depicted the same way.
yeah they were acting really white. jesus...

it's amazing how people like you will suddenly go "but actually they're different" like some klan member only in the most convenient ways that pander to your paranoid self-justifying cliches

>It was only once the berlin wall fell that the idea multiple cultures can exist in the same geopolitical entity was allowed to be expressed.
lol you fucking child
>>
>>64585504
If you're born rich, none of your other born factors are gunna matter: you could be retarded, black, gay, a woman and still get the opportunity to lay off Ten thousand blue collar workers in order to buy another McMansion or yacht.

Now if you're born with nothing the same thing applies, it doesn't matter what else you are if you have no money. You're fucked. You could be beautiful, German (the most populous ethnic European background) Protestant, intelligent, strong, or charismatic and none of it fucking matters. You're still fucked. No mom or dad to sign your FASFA or co-sign for an apartment or a loan? Best you can do is one day own a minivan and live in a Wal Mart parking lot with no toilet and not running water.

Where your race/gender/looks/intelligence matters is in middle class, and it's a big distraction that makes you one insignificant rung above others. That's what the super elite want, for people to argue over race and lookism rather than be ambitious enough to sell their stock short and make their own real money.
>>
>>64585290
>zoey tur cant call some black dude a "nigger" but blacks can be as homophobic, sexist, chauvinist and transphobicly macho as they want
only if they act really aggressive and like violent thugs "cause that's their culture and we should respect how we made them this way" etc
>>
>>64585719
they really like dat violent rapist daddy and blame the rape on the least rapey people so they get fucked over
>>
>>64585667
But white people are genetically more intelligent than blacks. By 20 IQ points on average. No amount of government spending is going to overcome that. And that's what is truly sad. This is not fixable.
>>
>>64585791
>white people
there are like ten or twenty European ethnic backgrounds and none of them historically even tolerated each other. You're insane.

I'm Scottish, if you're Irish my dad would punch you in the face. No such thing as 'white solidarity', delusional fucktard.

Also, IQ is basically phrenology: junk science made to confirm bias.
>>
>>64585577
You seem to have me confused with someone else. Perhaps someone that exists only in your mind.
>>
>>64585874
>it's a "suddenly whites arent real" leftist faggot
>>
>>64585874
how tha hell is IQ phrenology, people w higher IQ are smarter, no dispute
>>
>>64585958
The concept of testing is entrenched in cultural values that do not translate across cultural barriers, etc.
>>
>>64585903
no need to concern yourself with genocide or any self-interest when they dont exist, ask any palestinian
>>
>>64585874
That's absolutely incorrect.

In America every white person is a mix of various European ancestries (mostly Irish, German, Italian, and English), and they are fairly unified culturally and ethnically in this country.

In Europe, the EU, despite having issues, has largely been a success.... and having lived in Europe for a few years I recognized a sense across the continent that they see themselves proudly as European.

Both Europe and America are a success because of the intelligence and ingenuity of their people.

Africa is not a success, and honest people understand why.
>>
>another thinly veiled /pol/ thread

stormweenies pls go
>>
>>64585991
Absolute horseshit.
>>
>>64585958
it's like saying "all these people are 12.5% more awesome than all other people" it's fucking nonsense. You can't objectively define 'intelligence' or even grasp what behaviors or thoughts are always advantageous to any given situation. There is no one solution to all of life's problems.

Only idiots think otherwise.
>>
>>64585991
it seems like its just an excuse, if you have someone with a higher IQ they will process info way faster
>>
File: 1451767524876.jpg (1MB, 1000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1451767524876.jpg
1MB, 1000x1500px
>>64585999
whites exist when i deserve your money or to punch you with my POC fist or say your wife wants superior bbc, and white supremacy is real etc etc

(nice numbers)
>>
>>64584780
as someone who remembers and lived thru both the 80s and 90s let me tell you that you are fucking retarded
>>
Family Matters was a fun show, until it became more about Urkel than anything else.
>>
>>64586082
But people are 12.5% more awesome.

That's why Tom Brady gets paid more than Ryan Fitzpatrick....because he is a certain percentage more awesome.

How is this difficult to understand?
>>
>>64586045
>eye rolling so hard I think I see my brain.
Whatever, nutcase. Maybe you should go to your fucking manager at McDonalds and beg for a raise because you both are 'white' and need to stop the white genocide.

I'm sure you won't get immediately fired.

Most 'white' people don't believe your stupid shit. I'm sorry you don't have a real sense of your ancestral history, but that's not the rest of the world's fault.
>>
>>64586111
You mean they will read, understand, and write faster.
>>
>>64585571
>not knowing that all whites are rich
Didn't you get your rich white money in the mail anon?
>>
>>64586045
>I recognized a sense across the continent that they see themselves proudly as European

Not that guy but you too are spouting bullshit, there are many, many people that dislike the european union.
>>
>>64584847

for some odd reason it's like average americans keep forgetting about all the riots that have taken place in black communities, due to the massive injustice.

of course, white communities riot as well, but usually after some sporting event. in such cases, it's celebratory destruction, and accepted.

i wonder why.
>>
File: 1448289383734.jpg (2MB, 2993x4122px) Image search: [Google]
1448289383734.jpg
2MB, 2993x4122px
>>64585380
muh white supremacy (even though white people dont exist) and colonialism

>>64585366
>it's a hundred times more likely that a black drug user will be fully prosecuted over a white one
yeah dont mention he's a repeat offender of violent crimes
>>
>>64586266
I blame the black postman.
>>
>>64586399
>not having your white mail delivered exclusively by the rich white postman
It sure is great being white
>>
>>64586200

Ok pal. I live in NYC and I work at one of the two biggest banks on Wall Street, it shouldn't be difficult to guess which one.

I told you I lived in Europe for years, so I am intimately aware of my family's ancestry.

And instead of refuting me on the issues, you simply made up a story about me, which is a) not true, and b) insulting to the millions of Americans of all races who work those type of difficult low paying jobs.

Well done, m8.
>>
>>64586399
nigga get a better neighborhood, thats disgusting
>>
>>64586286
Disliking the political structure and being proud of your race/ acheivements are seperate things.
>>
>>64586644
hello reddit
>>
>>64586299
The riots of the 80s and 90s weren't spun as racial. The heavyhanded racebaiting is a recent thing.
>>
>>64586738
are you 15?

the 90s LA riots werent seen as racial? are you fucking kidding
>>
You have a bunch of sheltered white kids filling up seats in media production, so anything not-them is seen as fresh and exotic.
>>
>>64586789
>white
>>
>>64586801
Only them and the Japanese are able to convince themselves the only type of Black people are Mr T and Michael Jordan
>>
>>64586770
How would being 3 years younger than you be an insult?

You clearly weren't there for it.
>>
>>64587056
hey anon why cant we all get along

(you literally dont get that reference)
>>
>>64586856
oy vey they're not?
>>
>>64584582
What the fuck this is literally the best point i have ever heard in regards to black media.
>>
>>64587118
I am quite amused by your wikipedia informed references.
>>
>>64587332
wow you literally went to wikipedia to understand that
>>
>>64586738
get the fuck out of here or the koreans will fucking pop you
>>
good point OP, sadly it has turned into another /pol/ shitposting thread instead
>>
>>64587549
No, it hasn't. I'm prepared to show you literally thousands of stats to back up my point. And you just respond with emotion and/or insults. You're the one shitposting m8.
>>
>>64585300

This right here is the problem. Any black who doesn't act like a piece of shit gets called an uncle tom and is alienated by the rest of the black community. When they start encouraging each other to be respectable and stop acting like someone isn't "black enough" if they don't act like a hoodrat, then things can start getting better for them. Acting like there's anything whiety can do to make this happen is bullshit. It has to come from within the community itself.
>>
I blame Tyler Perry and UPN's black shows for polluting the market.

Born in 1990. I grew up on stuff like Kenan & Kel, Cousin Skeeter, The Parent Hood, and Hangin with Mr. Cooper. I grew up in Colorado and rarely encountered anyone black until I went to college in Cali.

I had this perception that black Americans were like anyone else in my home county. They dealt with bigotry for decades but were pulling themselves out of it with the younger generation.

Hell my first exposure to a live-action superhero was MANTIS on Fox. I saw a disabled scientist who became a techno vigilante first and then a black man.

Now my views have warped over the years thanks to going out into the real world and how modern media spins things. Especially those Black Lives Matter protests on college campuses. Glad I graduated before that shit happened.

To cap it off, there was this great episode of Homicide: Life on the Streets where this white bus driver hit a Jamaiccan woman and he got the shit kicked out of him by a black mob. A black detective argued with his white partner over what went down. The white cop automatically thought it was a racial issue while his partner pointed out that it might appear that way, but identifying it prematurely muddied the waters. Treating is as simply a race issue ultimately downplays what might have happened.

Turns out the Jamaiccan woman was partly at fault for getting hit because her upbringing didn't anticipate the pattern of US traffic. And she woke up in the hospital feeling awful for putting the driver at risk. The driver was a hardass but he wasn't a Stormfront bastard. It was all a massive clusterfuck that spiraled out of control.

You can never get an insightful episode like this in today's toxic environment. It's always chalked up to a race thing when other mitigating factors could be at play.
>>
>>64588212
That's part of the problem, yes. But there are two other parts that I think are not necessarily their fault and I don't think will ever be fixed.

One - IQ. The average IQ for blacks in America is 85 (in Africa it's 70....the same IQ as Brenden Dassey). This is genetic, and it's unfortunately not "curable."

Two - Intermarriage. Despite being heavily pushed, miscegenation is just not happening. White women don't want black men as spouses. And white men aren't interested in black women either. This fact keeps them as an isolated group. Again, I don't see this one changing either.

So, we have what we have now....massive trillion dollar intervention into the economy to (more or less) take care of black people.
>>
>>64586299
Because white communities actually get along and don't steal, kill, rob eachother on a daily basis then blame da POlese who consist of 50% blacks anyway
The media is pushing isolated incidents to spread animosity and instill a victim complex in blacks that grew up in the best time to be alive ever in any country
>>
>>64586733
>this kills the argument
>>
>>64586789
I think the word you're looking for is "Jewish"
I wish blacks would realize that it's jews who have been fucking them over and manipulating them for 2 centuries
>>
>>64584582

>Creed is like OMG a black guy

Not really, at all. Black people weren't even unusual in mainstream boxing when the original Rocky was made. The main character in Creed is the son of a world-famous boxer from that era. Nobody makes it weird. "Creed" was refreshingly un-concerned with social politics, it was just a good boxing movie
>>
>>64588742
Even though black women are considered the "least" desirable amongst demographics, there are far more white men marrying black women than black men marrying white women.

Personally there's a certain look I don't mind in certain black women like Tatiana Ali from Fresh Prince, the one in Spartacus, that fine specimen in Game of Thrones, or Kerry Washington. But I can't stand the ones that act stereotypically black.

One of the smartest and beautiful girls I met in undergrad was this Surinamese chick in my Chem lab. She was funny and sophisticated. The black girls thought she was stuck up because she held herself as a proper woman.
>>
>>64584582
>ctrl+f "tyler perry"
>2 results
Come on /tv/ I thought you were the experts.
>>
>>64589005
Except WASPs invented crack cocaine to instill capitalistic values in the black community.
>>
>>64589086
adonis creed is the only black boxer in the movie
>>
>>64589690
tyler perry didn't even start the black culture thing in mainstream media. The wayans did that.
>>
black people are a meme now
>>
>>64587386
is it mentioned on wikipedia? I wouldn't know, I actually lived through them, so I don't need wikipedia to tell me about them.

:^)
>>
> serial rapist who drugs bitches, trap lover and transporter, and a scientologist
> normal niggers

Kek
>>
>>64589755
lol holy shit is that true?

hollywood is really pushing the "BBC reigns over all the races"
>>
>4chan hates darkies
>can't stop making threads about them
jesus christ, I can't even imagine what the internet would have been like during the 1940s. just a bunch of buttangry germans complaining about Goldbergs and Silvermans.
>>
>>64586121
Not him, but can you explain why? Even if wrong, he makes it sound damn plausible.
>>
>>64589973
yeah it's not like the rest of the world receiving american media doesnt notice that 13% of the population is shoved into everything to always demean non-blacks

the other week some friends let mtv play in the background in a drunk house party. Everyone went "it's just blacks" at all the thug minstrel show and occasional soft gaynig ballads
>>
>>64590143
"every race must bow to the most suffering, hardest and most deserving badass thuglife race"

world: "that sounds pleasant, sure"
>>
>>64589784
I have a soft spot for The Wayans Brothers.
>>
>>64588909
>Because white communities actually get along and don't steal, kill, rob eachother on a daily basis
They actually do. We don't live in an utopia and you would know that If you stepped at least once outside of your neckbeard man cave.

>then blame da POlese
You are mixing up people/generalizing.

>who consist of 50% blacks anyway
They don't.

>The media is pushing isolated incidents to spread animosity and instill a victim complex in blacks
Funny how you can always point the finger at the media. When blacks kill once or in masses. If whites kill once or in masses. Left and right always bend and twist what the media does to fit their worldview and bias.

>that grew up in the best time to be alive ever in any country
Minorities have a much better standard of living in European countries than in the US which is by far one of the most racist western countries.
>>
>>64590143
just wait until the media owners feel you should be more welcoming towards muslim rape
>>
>>64591492
>he thinks it's not already happening
>>
>>64591492
havent been reading on the germans' NYE huh?
>>
>>64584780
>the government is wrong for being mean to violent criminals
>>
>>64593924
"they're just charming badboys on dat thug life" - fat daddy-hating feminist wanting to be raped
>>
>>64585903
is this a new thing now from leftists?

I never saw this before
>>
File: 1305837914687.jpg (32KB, 160x218px) Image search: [Google]
1305837914687.jpg
32KB, 160x218px
>>64584847
>red scare
>90s
whatever you say
>>
>>64590670
You really don't know what you're talking about.

> Utopia

No where on Earth is a Utopia. But relative to Africa, the Middle East, South America, and South Asia ....Europe and The US are as close as you get to paradise on Earth. That's why inferior minorities move to our countries because they are genetically incapable of building their own first world nations. Anyone who has thrown off the shackles of the Social Religion knows that this is true.

> 50% minority police force

Here in NYC where I live the police force is 50% minority. And they had to desperately lower their standards in order to make that happen.

And the national media absolutely protects blacks.
>>
>>64584582
culture shift. a lot of black culture was hijacked by famous race instigators spread out in america.
>>
>>64584582
It's the same with women.

Compare any movie with female protagonists now to movies with female protagonists in the 30s/40s/50s.
Back then they were written like actual people and the movies could appeal to men too.
>>
>>64596860
>Back then they were written like actual people and the movies could appeal to men too
what, you don't like when a female character goes "i dont need anybody cause im strong as fuck and i dont need anyone caring about me" and your mind goes "ok i stopped caring for you"?
>>
Why is there never an honest dialogue on this topic? Both sides are correct. Systemic racism is real and so are dindus. They both create each other. That being said, if I had to pick a side, I'd say my hatred for whites goes beyond my hatred for blacks. Whites would rather defend/forgive a scumbag that presents himself well than support an honorable man who embraces his flaws. Don't get me wrong, there are people of all races that do that shit, it 's just extremely prevalent in white "culture." All races are largely dictated by sociopaths, but the vast majority of whites I've met seem to embrace sociopathy under the guise of "acceptance." It's no wonder the jews are so god damn powerful.
>>
>>64597620
>honorable man who embraces his flaws

"I dun raped that pretty lil white girl, an' I ain't ashamed to admit it! Had it comin'."

so honest, so brave

support POC
>>
>>64597620
>it 's just extremely prevalent in white "culture."
Bro, in how many countries did you live? You're delusional
>>
>>64597684
Again, why can't we have an honest discussion about this? I'm clearly not in support of niggerish behavior. Why would you think I am. Does the truth scare you?
>>
>>64597735
I wouldn't say I'm delusional. It's true I'm ignorant of the culture of most countries outside of the west. That being said, in western countries, specifically the U.S., sociopathy IS embraced by whites.
>>
>>64597850
>sociopathy IS embraced by whites
and what proof do you provide, besides your own biaised judgment
>>
>they're all like walking cartoons like Samuel L Jackson

he's been in stuff in the 80's, anon
>>
>>64597799
>why can't we have an honest discussion about this

very good question, anon, why can't we?
>>
>>64597986
Voter turnout and western sociology. You'd have to be walking around blind folded not to notice it on a daily basis. I can honestly say, I've met far more honorable blacks than I have honorable whites. That being said, I've also met far more criminal blacks than I have criminal whites. I'm not really taking a side here, I think the whole situation is fucked. Everyone's shit stinks, I just personally hate the dishonesty whites perpetuate.
>>
>>64598262
In this specific instance? Because you are blatantly strawmaning me right off the bat and failing to answer simple questions.
>>
>>64597620
Honest Dialouge??

Here you go:

White men invented the Internet, television, radio, cars, airplanes, mapped the human genome, developed M-theory in physics, built a space ship and flew it to the fucking moon. Cured polio, built New York City, built Hollywood, wrote every worthwhile book ever, invented the printing press, discovered the Big Bang
Black men live in chaos and poverty in every single country they inhabit (without white people to take care of them). They have added almost nothing of value to the human pantheon.

White male average IQ: 105
Black male average IQ: 80

Black men who abandon their kids: 80% of the fuckng time

White men who abandon their kids: 20% of the time
>>
>>64598305
>Voter turnout and western sociology.
I don't understand what you're trying to say.

>You'd have to be walking around blind folded not to notice it on a daily basis.
Or perhaps you're walking around projeting your own biais, like this fine gentleman over here >>64598467
>>
>>64598544
Every single thing I said was correct. There is no bias in the truth.

Prove me wrong
>>
>>64598467
That's not an honest dialogue. Unless I am to infer that blacks are simply inferior and should not be considered humanly, all you did was throw stats at me. Even if we go with the whole blacks are animals angle, you have to acknowledge that most dogs don't randomly attack people unless they've had a shit owner. Your point is moot.
>>
>>64598305
>I just personally hate the dishonesty whites perpetuate.

I think that's more a result of their position in society. Like you said you've met more honorable and criminal blacks. But how many blacks have you met with the means or position to spin the news in their or their peoples favor and the out of the ones who do fit that criteria how many do you think are really honest about the things they say or report?
>>
>>64598577
No it's not. Prove me wrong.
>>
>>64598544
>Or perhaps you're walking around projeting your own bias

I've considered it and it's simply not the case. That being said, some parts of the U.S. are worse than others so I shouldn't generalize as much. If i were to get as specific as possible, I'd say that "good" whites seem to be more concerned with morals and "good" blacks seem to be more concerned with ethics. Imo ethics trump morals.
>>
>>64598591
So an honest dialouge doesn't include stats? It includes (incorrect) opinions like yours? That's your definition of honesty? Your own emotionally based opinion?

And you are absolutely wrong about your dog analogy. Pit bulls have a different inate nature than a collie no matter the owner
>>
>>64598721
>I've considered it and it's simply not the case
That's something every racist could say, it wouldnt make it true.
>>
>>64585092
Have you got a link to the whole conference?
>>
Only just realizing that the reason a lot of white people think so many black people are bad actors is because they have learned from a young age to be immune to our pain.

If they can laugh about, mock, co-opt, ignore and rationalize our real life, real-time deaths and suffering because they don’t think we are worthy of their pity, compassion, or protection or because they believe we “always play the victim” then a black actor… Even one working their asses off… isn’t ever going to resonate with them.

It’s not that there aren’t good black actors. It’s that the audience doesn’t care what happens to them.
>>
File: punching up.jpg (450KB, 1280x1343px) Image search: [Google]
punching up.jpg
450KB, 1280x1343px
>>64584847
It had nothing to do with communism. It had to do with the liberal ideology of the 80's/90's being that everyone is equal and race doesn't matter. Now the special snowflake SJWs want to go backwards in time and highlight everyone's difference while putting themselves in neat little boxes to quickly and easily differentiate themselves from each other in order to feel special.
>>
File: bait.gif (477KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
bait.gif
477KB, 500x281px
>>64598793
>>
>>64597620
I'm a french man that has worked in Algeria, Côte d'Ivoire and China.
Just so you know, it's not a "white" thing, it's the same in every society from the dominant culture. To state otherwise is just telling me you're very ignorant of the matter.
>>
>>64598688
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2013/jul/29/don-lemon/cnns-don-lemon-says-more-72-percent-african-americ/
>>
>>64598792
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cUDl_LEtak

looked for ben shapiro + black after seeing that bit
>>
>>64598688
http://www.nationsonline.org/oneworld/third_world.htm
>>
>>64598793
i'm sure blacks are filled with empathy and black guilt over disproportionate amount of murders, rapes and 90% of all interracial violence
>>
>>64598618
>I think that's more a result of their position in society.

Very good point. First honest response I've ever gotten.

>But how many blacks have you met with the means or position to spin the news in their or their peoples favor and the out of the ones who do fit that criteria how many do you think are really honest about the things they say or report?

I tend to judge stuff more on the micro. I don't care what people in positions of power do as much as I care what the people under them do. Whites seem to be more accepting of assholes lording over them and will even turn into uncle tom (in a socioeconomic sense) if you dare challenge said assholes. I've seen very few blacks do that. That being said, you do have a point attached to your point in that poorer, less powerful whites might be conditioned to support the social hierarchy because 'their people' are at the helm. Regardless, to paraphrase Muhammad Ali, I've never been called nigger by a Vietnamese guy. I'm not black, I just work in tech with a lot of jews and system racism is painfully obvious. A lot of the jews I've been working with have been taught from a young age that it's ok to lie, cheat, and steal as long as they stick to social scripts. A lot of the whites that serve under them have been taught from a young age to sacrifice self respect to get ahead. Meanwhile my black friends are trapped in the ghetto because they have a chinese finger trap on their minds regarding ethics.
>>
>>64598688
http://www.nyc.gov/html/nypd/downloads/pdf/analysis_and_planning/enforcement_report_year_end_2014.pdf
>>
File: 1441700614158.jpg (137KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
1441700614158.jpg
137KB, 500x750px
>>64598900
>"If Lemon really wanted to help the black community, he could start by adopting a deeper understanding of the history, sociology and psychology of his own people," wrote Washington Post blogger Rahiel Tesfamariam.
>Washington Post blogger Rahiel Tesfamariam.
>Washington Post blogger
>Rahiel Tesfamariam
>>
>>64598688
http://www.therichest.com/rich-list/world/poorest-countries-in-the-world/?view=all
>>
>>64598767
And everything you've posted is endless equivocation. You aren't making any point so no one is listening to you. The racist guy posting irrelevant stats is making a stronger argument than you.
>>
>>64584847
>it was an anticommunist plot by Hollywood

LMAO

What a fucking idiot

Yeah Will Smith and Bill Cosby were part of the US government propaganda machine you paranoid nut

>>64584970
You're a moron too
>>
>>64598963
YOU JUST GOT KNOCKED THE FUCK OUT WHITEBOI!!!!

WE BEAUTIFUL WE WUZ KINGS WITH UNDESERVED SELFSTEEM!
>>
>>64598737
>Pit bulls have a different inate nature than a collie no matter the owner

Yet pit bulls can still be trained and therefor have shit trainers.
>>
>>64598688
http://www.gnxp.com/blog/2007/10/james-watson-tells-inconvenient-truth_296.php
>>
>>64599050
>The racist guy posting irrelevant stats is making a stronger argument than you.
And than you. You've provided nothing more than me. "My feelings about this" are not "points"
>>
File: 1446610138095.jpg (9KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1446610138095.jpg
9KB, 200x200px
>>64599050
>statistics
>irrelevant
>>
>>64585332

Welfare is a scheme to keep blacks dependent on the democrat party.

>I'll have them niggers voting Democratic for the next two hundred years - Lyndon B. Johnson

And Western governments give welfare to African governments in the form of state to state aid so they'll play nice and keep giving us the minerals we need to make cellphones.
>>
>>64598688
http://www.therichest.com/rich-list/rich-countries/the-10-best-countries-in-the-world-officially/?view=all
>>
>>64599169
Because you need to shit or get off the pot. Why should I argue with someone who is doing nothing but attempting to assert his moral superiority. Wait a second... are you white? There's your evidence.
>>
>>64593924
>77% of american prisoners are there for non-violent crimes
>THE THUGS!!!!!!!!
>>
>>64599161
Wrong, dogs, like humans, have inate built-in genetic natures. Just because they can be trained doesn't change that intractable scientific proof.
>>
>>64599172
23% of zoos have both a male and female lion.
57% of zoos have either a sole male or sole female lion.

80% of zoos are owned by white people.

White people are fucking stupid. BTFO
>>
>>64599365
>intractable scientific proof

Are you saying the ability to train most dogs is not intractably scientifically proven?
>>
File: 1452066609653.jpg (30KB, 403x497px) Image search: [Google]
1452066609653.jpg
30KB, 403x497px
>>64599254
>the only crimes worth prosecuting are violent ones
>>
>>64599245
I'm not asserting any moral superiority, I'm knocking you out of yours. You claim to want an honest discussion, but you already have an answer : whites are worse. Do you want me to accept your opinion as fact so we can "discuss" this further?
You claim that whites support "sociopathy", whatever that is, but I've seen nothing supporting this besides your baseless opinion. Wait a second, dont tell me, you're not white? I guess that's our evidence you have a bone to pick
>>
>>64599466
This is ultimately what it comes down to. What tools do blacks have at their disposal to commit crimes? fists, bats, knives, guns. What tools do whites have at their disposal to commit crimes? fists, bats, knives, guns, money-human resources-leverage etc. Gee, I wonder which tool is the most effective for getting away clean?
>>
>>64599511
I never said whites are worse. In fact I stated several times that I'm aware it's a personal pet peeve.

>You claim that whites support "sociopathy", whatever that is,

You must have some reading comprehension issues because another anon understood me just fine.

>I guess that's our evidence you have a bone to pick

See that's your problem, you've been filtering out everything I say that doesn't fit your narrative.

See>>64598972
>>
>>64584780
>Basically, in the 80s and 90s black populations in the US had it really bad, the Clinton machine made deals to extend Nixon's racist drug war to further rob the vote from non violent marijuana smokers.

This is always hilarious, because it was blacks in congress calling for harsh drug laws because they were scared about drugs destroying their community. Now it was a racist conspiracy to screw over black people.
>>
>>64599555
>every white is part of the financial elite

I thought our stereotype was posting from our mother's basement, not from our condo in the Hamptons.
>>
>>64599555
I didn't know there were enough white people with high level connections to make up for the disparity in crime rates between blacks and whites
>>
>>64585874
You're basically Irish yourself
>>
The jews werent pushing an agenda back then
>>
>>64599733
>>64599763

There are other privileges that come with being physically comparable to the financial elite. But it's not worth going into because you guys have already established you will nitpick every point being made.
>>
>>64584780
This post was written by a redditor. Guaranteed.
>>64585091
I'm sure you'd love /r/television then
>>
>>64585366
>it's a hundred times more likely that a black drug user will be fully prosecuted over a white one

This shit again.

http://slatestarcodex.com/2014/11/25/race-and-justice-much-more-than-you-wanted-to-know/

>C. Arrest Rates For Minor Crimes

>The Bureau of Justice has done their own analysis of this issue and finds it’s more complicated. For example, all of these “equally likely to have used drugs” claims turn out to be that blacks and whites are equally likely to have “used drugs in the past year”, but blacks are far more likely to have used drugs in the past week – that is, more whites are only occasional users. That gives blacks many more opportunities to be caught by the cops. Likewise, whites are more likely to use low-penalty drugs like hallucinogens, and blacks are more likely to use high-penalty drugs like crack cocaine. Further, blacks are more likely to live in the cities, where there is a heavy police shadow, and whites in the suburbs or country, where there is a lower one.

>When you do the math and control for all those things, you halve the size of the gap to “twice as likely”.

>The Bureau of Justice and another source I found in the Washington Post aren’t too sure about the remaining half, either. For example, anecdotal evidence suggests white people typically do their drug deals in the dealer’s private home, and black people typically do them on street corners. My personal discussions with black and white drug users have turned up pretty much the same thing. One of those localities is much more likely to be watched by police than the other.

>Finally, all of this is based on self-reported data about drug use. Remember from a couple paragraphs ago how studies showed that black people were twice as likely to fail to self-report their drug use? And you notice here that black people are twice as likely to be arrested for drug use as their self-reports suggest? That’s certainly an interesting coincidence.
>>
File: 1445311207904.jpg (57KB, 567x561px) Image search: [Google]
1445311207904.jpg
57KB, 567x561px
>>64584780
>Basically, in the 80s and 90s black populations in the US had it really bad, the Clinton machine made deals to extend Nixon's racist drug war

>being this fucking stupid

The Nixon drug laws were created to end the anti-war hippie movement you dumb twat bag. It had nothing to do with race.
>>
>>64599843
That's the privilege of being the majority and founders of any given nation/culture. You think I'd have white privilege in Ghana?
>>
>>64584582

TV at the time was trying to guide african americans to act more civil and become good workers to contribute to american society. They figured that maybe TV would be a good way to indoctrinate the masses into having a decent culture that was white but they could still take pride in being black yet having a white culture.

They showed blacks as being people who were just like whites. They love their families they work hard and you should just be a good person in general. It was a more simple time and they usally didn't make a characters character revolve around their skin color yet we can still relate to characters like will because maybe you went through something similar.

Just my 2 cents.
>>
>>64599733
I actually live in the Hamptons. I built a house there. It's great there are almost no blacks, except for the maids.
>>
>>64600006
Point taken and I agree. That being said, it's the elephant in the room. People need to stop acting like it's a non-issue just because "it's human nature." It literally IS the issue.
>>
>>64589086
This, Creed was just a fucking movie, besides like one black joke the movie wasn't "DA EVIL WHITE MAN BRINGIN TYRONE DOWN" like /pol/ makes it out to be.

Star Wars on the other hand....
>>
>>64598467
I like how Jews and Italians built all that shit and you guys didn't consider them white decades later.
>>
>>64600078
No, it not. The issue is black intellectual inferiority. That's the truth.
>>
>>64599671
>See that's your problem, you've been filtering out everything I say that doesn't fit your narrative.
No. I dont have a narrative or an agenda more than you do. And I've read your post, I just dont see how your or my personal experiences matter in the grand scheme of things. What if I told you I didn't see any differences about ethics regarding races? Why arent you addressing this guy >>64598884
Because "it doesn't fit your narrative" ?
>>
>>64597850
>sociopathy IS embraced by whites.
https://heartiste.wordpress.com/2015/07/01/dangerous-science-clues-that-empathic-ability-varies-by-race/
>>
>>64600111
I consider jews and Italians white. And they didn't discover anything on that list except radio (and that's debateble)
>>
>>64600111
When were Italians never not white? They were hated because of their nationality, not their race.
>>
>>64600165
>Why arent you addressing this guy

Because I never saw the post. Thanks for pointing it out. And actually it does fit my narrative though it suggests my conclusion was false.

>it's the same in every society from the dominant culture.

Wait a minute, wouldn't that suggest that my observations were valid, and that my conclusion was misguided... But anon, according to you my anecdotal evidence meant nothing!! Anon I'm confused, do white people not do what I think they do in the U.S.!?!?! Anon make up your mind!! Am I just a biased guy stating nonsense or is there truth to what I am saying! Anon I thought white people in the U.S. don't do that! But aren't they the dominant culture?
>>
>>64600190
You seem to have misunderstood my point. It wasn't that whites are sociopaths, it's that they are accepting of sociopathy. It would follow that they are more empathetic because they allow sociopaths to do whatever they want.
>>
>>64584582
Simple: we started to all come together more and feel less hatred, so the kikes switched tactics. They started really promoting nigger behavior, gave lots of money to chimps who fit the "thug" stereotype and making them seem successful and something to strive for to blacks, while at the same time redoubling their efforts to instill guilt into whites and make them think that blacks are just like that and they have to accept and baby them. It's working pretty well, lots more political and social chaos now than back then. And shit like twitter just makes it that much easier.
>>
>>64600323
My point there was that you assumed I had an agenda because I didn't answer some post you've made. I'm pointing that it's a stupid thing to do since you've done the same for another anon.
His anecdotal evidence is no more important than yours of mine.
And I still dont know what you mean by sociopathy.
>>
>>64600111
No one considers Italians non-white, what are you smoking?
>>
>>64600510
>And I still dont know what you mean by sociopathy.

Well you have me and 2 anons that understood what I meant and you even referenced one of them. One disagreed with me and the other agreed. I think you should be able to figure it out by the contextual clues unless you are literally autistic or willfully obstinate.
>>
>>64600520
leftists are worse than neonazis in that regard, shit changes like it's a stock exchange floor
>>
>>64584582
I've asked myself this for years. Same goes for people pissing and moaning there aren't strong, independent, funny or relastic women in TV, even thought we had shit like:

>Xena
>Buffy
>X-Files
>Roseanne
>Dr. Quinn
>Clarissa Explains It All
>Pepper Ann
>As Told By Ginger
>Daria
>My So Called Life
>Shelby Woo
>Wild Thornberries
>Moesha
>Powerpuff Girls
>Sabrina
>Murphy Brown
>Ally McBeal

Not to mention shit from the '70s and '80s, like Maude or Mary Tyler Moore or That Girl.

Also shows like Cheers, Law and Order, and ER were pretty well known for their female leads.

It really is more like SJWs (and a modern audience) are saying: "Well, it's just not enough!"
>>
>>64600702
They want to have their cake and eat it too.

As a Latino, I don't really care there aren't that many hispanic leads or shows about hispanics. Most of them are shit anyway. I'm just glad we get some quality shows to check out here and there, or names that made it into pop culture.
>>
>>64600578
And how do you know they are actually discussing on the same understanding of the word than what you've meant, since you've not laid down the terms? Have you debated before?
>>
>>64600474
>it's that they are accepting of sociopathy
I want some more explanation on this. What do you mean by this, and what evidence do you have for it being true.

Also, wouldn't it make more sense that by being more empathetic, they'll be more aware of the harm sociopaths do and therefore be more likely to do something to curb a sociopath's bad behavior?
>>
>>64600746

>they'll be more aware of the harm sociopaths do and therefore be more likely to do something to curb a sociopath's bad behavior?

That's more to do with foresight than empathy. Empathy is emotional and is generally separate from intellect. Foresight is intellectual.

>>64600743
>And how do you know they are actually discussing on the same understanding of the word than what you've meant

Because their points perfectly addressed what I was discussing with 0 misinterpretation expressed.
>>
>>64600853
>Because their points perfectly addressed what I was discussing

>Just so you know, it's not a "white" thing, it's the same in every society from the dominant culture

How can you tell it was "perfectly addressing what you've been discussing" since he doesn't address anything specific at all?
>>
>>64597620
>Whites would rather defend/forgive a scumbag that presents himself well than support an honorable man who embraces his flaws. Don't get me wrong, there are people of all races that do that shit, it 's just extremely prevalent in white "culture." All races are largely dictated by sociopaths, but the vast majority of whites I've met seem to embrace sociopathy under the guise of "acceptance."

Present some evidence that whites are more prone to embrace sociopathy than other races.
>>
Black Culture has stagnated in the 90's.

And surprisingly, Black Culture is going backwards now under a black president for 7 years. Now niggers don't even aspire to be equal or educated. They just want to loot and blame.
>>
>>64600968
Anon, I'm not trying to be a dick, but if you truly are being impartial and serious atm you are definitely on the spectrum and I don't have time nor the ability to explain colloquialisms, contextual clues, and implication/inference to you. I also speak 3 different category 4-5 languages so I do not feel bad for you.
>>
>>64584582
they went from trying to convert them into whites to the other way around.
>>
>>64601010
He can't because it's not true.

It was a way he could avoid talking about the real issues, and all the statistics
>>
>>64601317
This. Niggers are sub human low IQ monkeys. Science has proven it. Except for the science that contradicts it, that's just pseudo science.
>>
>>64584847
>90's
>Cold War

Holy fuck lad you sure are stupid
>>
>>64598884
To clarify my post I was talking about how people take pride of their history and défend the shitty things their country did, not priviledge in the workplace or ethical mindsets
>>
File: 1451803838538.jpg (53KB, 604x604px) Image search: [Google]
1451803838538.jpg
53KB, 604x604px
>>64584582
The late 80s-early 00s were a time of almost complete optimism. The Soviet Union teetered and collapsed and America was firmly on top of the world. Young Americans were raised with so much care, and so much security and so much hope for the future. Like, the worst things that probably happened around that time were, like, Mogadishu '93 and Rodney King (now we have Rodney King-level rioting every few months) We just had so much to look forward to, and the shows we watched reflected this.

Now, two wars, $19,000,000,000,000 of debt and an economic recession that we may never escape later, people don't have a reason to be optimistic. But we're very resentful, and very angry, and we're looking for things to blame all the time, in every aspect of life. Even the shows we watch now are filled with cynical, bitter characters. Breaking Bad, Daredevil, Game of Thrones, this trend of 'comedies' where everyone is just so fucking sullen all the time.

You know what, guys? I don't think Americans will ever be truly happy again. Nationally and internationally, we'll never be as free from anxiety and worry and opposition as we were back in that time.
>>
>>64601111
I earnestly believe that New Jack Swing is the peak of black american culture. Nice quads by the way.
>>
>>64586048
>so sensitive about race you can't have an actual discussion about it

What site do you think you're on, m8?
>>
>>64602687
GO BACK TO POL
>>
>>64584582
>Why was
It's hard for me to read your post. Fix your grammar, dipshit.
>>
>>64584702
It's a marketing device.
>>
Remember old action movies? Commando? Predator? Aliens? All had black characters that have more characteristics than just being black.

Now it's just trying to shove in as much diversity as possible, even if it doesn't make sense or the writers don't know what to actually do with it. Which, ironically, is actually racist, putting a black person in your movie just for the sake of being black and that's all they are.
>>
>>64584847
>Once the cold war ended, and that stopped, we started getting movies/television about what being black was really like. And it wasn't the fucking cosbys.

I don't know if you're black or one of those deluded liberals but there's no pleasing people like you.

Prior to shows like The Jeffersons, The Cosby Show, A Different World, and The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, there were shows like like Good Times and Sanford and Son.

People complained about Good Times and Sanford and Son because it implied that black people could only live in ghettoes and junkyards and could never be shown as successful people.

OK. The Cosby Show and The Fresh Prince of Bel-air show black people as very successful, fairly wealthy, highly-educated people and the shows were good. And people like you complain that Cosby and Fresh Prince are not what black life is like.

Should we go back to showing black people in ghettoes? Remember, these are sitcoms so if it's a really depressing show that only ever shows poverty, crime, etc., no one is going to want to watch it.

Quincy Jones was an executive for Fresh Prince so it's not clear to me what reasonable must be done to silence the critics. (I know the unreasonable thing: Everybody lives in a ghetto, is hooked on drugs, has venereal diseases, does poor in school, and gets into trouble with the cops all the time. People in the gutter, rather than pull themselves out of the gutter would be much happier if everyone were pulled into the gutter.)

One final thing: being white is not like Leave It to Beaver or Family Ties. I'm saying this as an American and I'm not even close to being white!
>>
File: How_Elites_Party.jpg (56KB, 468x721px) Image search: [Google]
How_Elites_Party.jpg
56KB, 468x721px
>>64584582
ITT: White people complain that there aren't enough black people shows that they can relate to.
>>
File: 1390188550026.png (13KB, 536x498px) Image search: [Google]
1390188550026.png
13KB, 536x498px
>>64584582
>>
>>64601641
You misspelled "LE WRONG GENERATION"
>>
File: 1451878964178.png (117KB, 1531x841px) Image search: [Google]
1451878964178.png
117KB, 1531x841px
>>
>>64588742
>Despite being heavily pushed, miscegenation is just not happening.

You're 100% wrong on that. I'm old enough that I've seen the changes in the U.S. Back in my salad days, black people in the U.S. were much darker colored than they are today.

Those light-colored black people have very recently (last one or two generations) had at least one Caucasian ancestor.
>>
>>64589755

What about the light-skinned guy who beats him in the boxing gym at the beginning of the movie? The guy who's supposed to be the second best in the world, or something? That dude was at least half-black
>>
>>64599938
Who were major drugs users? Blacks. After MLK died, there was no unifying black leadership anymore, it all devolved into rampant drug use and violence, this is all part of History you cuck
>>
>>64601641

Remember when most Americans thought we would never see a major war again for at least a hundred years?
>>
why did black people devolve into what they are now?
>>
>>64598847
I really don't think it's the idea of being unique that's driving this. The ideology of race not mattering is liberal in that it tries to bring people excluded from a social system in, but it's not really progressive, as it doesn't suggest that the same social system should be changed or will be changed by their inclusion. A black person or a woman are more likely to become CEOs now, but only so long as they run the business in the same way as everyone previous. Government is more diverse than it was before, but it sure as hell hasn't changed policy much, financial laws and foreign policy hasn't changed.
The former mode lets new people in, so long as they play by the old rules.
The new mode of progressivism, as grating as it is, does at the very least want the rules to change.

This is why the Baltimore protests had at least a grain of validity in them: the contrarian view was that it couldn't be a race thing because most of the cops were black. But really the protest had little to do with individuals, but rules and institutions instead, the idea that simply including more black people in the police force doesn't get to the root of the problem on its own.
>>
>drugs and rapes 50 people
>normal black person
Sounds about right
>>
>>64606742
sanford and son: honest poor people working hard
jeffersons: middle class black people "moving on up"
a different world: black people in college
good times: honest hard working people moving up in the world

If you really don't get how all of those shows promoted an ideal of social mobility, I really don't know what to tell you.
>>
>>64607096
That's anecdotal, and therefore useless information.

The stats bear out that white women do not view black men as desirable mates/ partners. Look up then numbers. It's just not happening.
>>
>>64584847
>being black was really like

Fucking poor black people thinking all black people live shitty lives. Fuck you, some black people actually try to do something with their lives instead of lying around thinking everyone is against them. Grow up, life sucks, get a life!
>>
>>64609153
This

I'm one of the few people on /tv/ who remembers Benson which starred a black butler who eventually became governor by the final season.

All those shows you've mentioned along with Fresh Prince, Cosby Show, Family Matters, Nickoldeon's My Brother and Me were able to depict black families as stable and relatable to non-black audiences.
>>
>>64590509
IT WAS A GOOD ASS SHOW MAN
THEY DIDN'T EVEN GET TO MAKE A FINAL EPISODE!
>>
>>64609728
Fat Albert was pretty good as well.
>>
Identity politics

we have a regressive racial policy in the United States and it's actually due to liberals and progressives
>>
>>64609847
Never saw it but I know what it is.

OP really raised an interesting point on how Hollywood seemed to treat black Americans as "The Other" after the 90's. In 80's movies, black Americans could be the friends, partners, allies, etc. of white Americans. Race issues were there, but they'd learn to get past it. Like 48 Hours for instance. Eddie Murphy played a smooth-talking black convict yet he was so likable and heroic with Nick Nolte.

Look at the 2 80's Lethal Weapons. Danny Glover was comfortably middle class and hard-working. He had a boat to fish, lived in a good neighborhood, and was a respected member of the force.

Now, shows are either white as fuck or they ham-fist blacks as glorified tokens. There's nothing natural about character interaction and set-up anymore.

>>64609730
The same for Muscle and Savannah. Mid-90's WB had some fun as fuck shows.
>>
>>64585506
>And no one gives a fuck about Africa.
nor should they
>>
>>64608688
This is really sophomoric stuff.

I take it you've never lived in a city. I lived in Atlanta for a few years, and NYC for 10. The truth.......Blacks are rioting because they have literally nothing to do. They have no fathers, no future, no past, no present, no jobs, no education, no work ethic, most are (at least) partially illiterate, have terrible diets, ..most have below average IQs, many will kill you for $30 bucks or a pair of shoes. It is truly tragic ...and yet there are no easy answers on how to fix it.

People who worship the Social Religion will have you believe by hating white people and raising taxes everything will get magical. But the hard truth is that that is all bullshit. It's a fake as any other religion.
>>
>>64609886
I'm left leaning and I have to agree with this.

My ideas are too outdated compared to the lunacy that I see today. I'm of the Burger King Kids Club generation where diverse people can get together and be friends.

I mean, fuck, look at Ghostwriter. That's a show that can NEVER be done today nor would kids appreciate it. Especially with the advent of smartphones and WiFi. It had a multi-racial cast in Brooklyn starring a black kid, 2 Latino siblings, a Vietnamese, and a white girl. They added another black kid, a white guy, and another Hispanic.

Shit, my older sister read The Babysitters Club. That came out in the late 1980's and it was diverse as fuck with white girls and a Japanese chick. Then they added a black girl, a fat white girl, a Southern guy, and even a Jew.

Nowadays, it's all about who gets to whine about whose more oppressed.
>>
>>64584582
because those weren't black people
those were black actors acting as white people.
>>
File: 1376175523099.jpg (23KB, 201x247px) Image search: [Google]
1376175523099.jpg
23KB, 201x247px
>>64610237

here's the core of most major racial issues we have today

this opinion
>>
>>64589973
i fucking hate kikes and their agenda. we should start gassing the silvermans and the goldbergs
>>
>>64584582
if you actually saw the movie CREED, then you won't make that statement.
>Like Creed is like OMG a black guy
the movie treat the two main black charaters as REAL people. there were no stereotype of any sorts, it felt like a true relationship. yeah, it could have been fleshed out more, but it was good for me and the plot.
>>
>>64610366
I was honestly floored how Apollo's wife took in her stepson. She had no blood relation to the boy and he was a byproduct of Apollo's infidelity but gave him sanctuary, education, and parental guidance.
>>
>>64610366
Adonis creed was the only black boxer in the movie.
>>
>>64584780
>>64584847
OP isn't talking about that shut. He's talking about how being black in modern movie/TV means the character is going to be a fucking caricature of a real human, whether this is good heart successful character or thug doesn't matter, they never feel remotely realistic because they are always been written and acted as "black" not "person"
>>
>>64610802
The point you're missing is your definition of "person" is "white."
>>
>>64584582
I have been thinking this same fucking thought for months now.
>>
>>64584847
dis nigga still mad over not havin and uncle phil of his own...
>>
>>64610127
I do live in the city, and I'm not denying that they lead crap lives and do crap things, I just think that the former often causes the latter.
I don't even know what you're talking about in the last line, I daresay that it's projection. I said nothing about hating white people or raising taxes either, what I said was that "inclusiveness" doesn't necessarily change societies on its own, and instead promotes assimilation a lot of the time when assimilation is not the right thing to do. That, and that current progressivism has more to do with systems and institutions than it has to do with individuals, which may not be a bad thing.

Also, "there are no easy answers" means nothing at all. Nobody ever said anything about ease. Hell, I didn't even give any answers of my own. Carting out this phrase in front of difficult problems doesn't encourage complex answers, and I'm pretty sure you know that. It only serves to shoot down whatever is proposed at that instant without the need of qualifying it or proposing an alternative.
>>
>>64610127
The one thing I've noticed about black Americans is that they have no real sense of solidarity compared to Latin Americans, Asians, Africans straight from the continent, etc.

Other groups will stick together, build up their neighborhoods, look out for one another, etc. But blacks are murderous toward one another. And a black celebrity or business magnate might donate some money to local programs or some enveloping black American charity, but nothing really vested like other ethnics do.
>>
>>64584582
Cause movies/tv shows in the 90s were actually progressive it had shows and that actually changed how black people were depicted on camera and told a story from a black person's POV people of all races enjoy.

The problem today is studios aren't showing progression in film they're pandering to the pseudo-intelligent people who are too lazy to fight for change but still want to feel good about themselves without searching for knowledge. That's why most black protagonist and supporting cast are so bland now cause god forbid giving a black person a distinct personality and making them stand out individually is racist.

Also people are taking the internet seriously and judging race relations on what people say online which is the dumbest thing to do.
>>
>>64597620
it's not 'white' culture, that's Emersonian philosophy popularized early in American history, supporting Protestant work ethics with the delusional idea that the world is perfect and that only a few bad apples are spoiling the barrel. Get rid of them, and people thrive as natural emphatic leaders and boot-strapping self reliant heroes.

As for the "all cultures are guided by the sociopaths that dominate them" thing, yes and no. If we consider Satre on the subject, he believed culture was dominated by 'adventurers' who are people with the will to do what they please, generally not wishing harm on others but willing to let their end justify their means. These adventurers are feared by the hand wringers, the navel gazers who are afraid of their own freedom. As a form of sympathetic magic, they try to serve these adventurers as sophists who excuse their behavior and write 'laws' that separate 'ordinary' people from the people who dare.

The adventurers generally don't care HOW the people are subjugated, as long as they get their glory, so the sycophants who run the show design society under laws that make sense to them. All culture is the blind leading the blind. Basic existential philosophy.
>>
>>64584582
Jews decided white genocide was taking too long. They sped up the process with nigger "culture."
>>
because the dykes and retards didn't have anything to do with them so they dont care about it.
>>
>>64611440

It's a complex problem that ethnic groups tend to figure out on their own. The Irish, then Chinese, Jews, etc.

Instead here we are 40 years after the end of Jim Crow (in the South) going nowhere but down it seems like

It's not for lack of government programs and assistance or inclusiveness
>>
>>64588636

thank you for your insight based anon
>>
File: sure.png (188KB, 512x487px) Image search: [Google]
sure.png
188KB, 512x487px
>>64597620
>systemic racism
>dindus real too
>i hate whites and blacks, but whites more
>all races are dictated by sociopaths
>whites embrace sociopathy under the guise of acceptance

senpai, you don't need to hate yourself to hate white people. You can just hate whites and embrace your non-calcified pineal gland and it's powerful spirt-force melanin it makes for you.
>>
>>64610047
Somebody actually remembers Savannah and Muscle.
>>
>>64612268
It pissed me off that both series concluded the way they did. I thought they had potential.
>>
>>64611979
There's been tons of interference with blacks in the US that the irish, chinese, jews, etc, never had to deal with.
>>
>>64600238
>When were Italians never not white? They were hated because of their nationality, not their race.

Italians were considered "colored" when they first arrived, they weren't considered fully white until the 30s, and prejudice against them didn't completely fade until the 60s or 70s. Same goes for the Irish when they first arrived here. Hell, in the early days of the United States literally anyone who wasn't of pure English descent was considered non-white (with a handful of exceptions).

>Ben Franklin quote:

>"Which leads me to add one Remark: That the Number of purely white People in the World is proportionably very small. All Africa is black or tawny. Asia chiefly tawny. America (exclusive of the new Comers) wholly so. And in Europe, the Spaniards, Italians, French, Russians and Swedes, are generally of what we call a swarthy Complexion; as are the Germans also, the Saxons only excepted, who with the English, make the principal Body of White People on the Face of the Earth."-Benjamin Franklin

http://www.columbia.edu/~lmg21/ash3002y/earlyac99/documents/observations.html
>>
>>64584582

Racism was basically a thing of the past in the 90s. Everyone acted the same. But then something happened, and acting that way became labeled "acting white" by bored young people who wanted to be anything but the average.
>>
>>64612429
>Why should Pennsylvania, founded by the English, become a Colony of Aliens, who will shortly be so numerous as to Germanize us instead of our Anglifying them, and will never adopt our Language or Customs, any more than they can acquire our Complexion.""

Just switch "Pennsylvania" with "America" and "German" with "Mexican" and this could be material from the Trump campaign.
>>
>>64612434
It's because modern society dislikes conformity. You HAVE to be different and contrarian.
>>
>>64584847
I've been seeing colleges accepting communism lately.
>>
>>64584582
Cinema in general went down because studios take the internet seriously and think what people on the internet think is what the public thinking. So between the white supremacy and SJW communism all black people have to act ike bland white people but have to make sure they pander to SJWs who are just as racist

The internet is fucking up the world and I'm loving every second of it
>>
>>64584582
Those movies and shows were shit and you know it, you stupid cunt
>>
File: 90s.png (342KB, 445x450px) Image search: [Google]
90s.png
342KB, 445x450px
seems to me that in the late 80's-mid 90's a strong family and social structure was still promoted. you had a bunch of family shows about functional families.

You had Full House for example, that despite the single father and mostly male household, still had a fairly functional family, with Rebecca filling the mother role anyway

then stuff like Family Matters and Fresh prince, that showed BLACK functional families. Family matters is probably the better example here. the father is a cop, and thats as middle class law abiding as it gets, and it follows fairly standard family issues, and occasionally a race issue or two.

Fresh prince was interesting because it mixed that up. you had Will who was sort of the "average" black young male, getting into trouble in a rough neighborhood, and well you know the song, he gets sent to his rich, educated Judge uncle to shape up.

my point being It wasnt just a black thing, I think that was just a happenstance of the general trend at the time. the 80's loved dysfunctional families, but the late 80's-mid 90's actually pushed functional families and normalcy. There's a reason that the 90's could be considered 50's 2.0, its because the values that were being pushed were mostly traditional family values and shit. family TV was also slightly lighter and you had lots of campy as fuck tv. Also the 90's were an optimistic time because we were living in a good economy, and around the corner from the turn of the millennium, so entertainment reflected people's optimism about the future

then 9/11 broke us, and the economy tanked, all the jobs left thanks to stuff nobody paid as much attention to as they should have in the 90's, etc etc, shit got worse and worse, and the media reflects that too, as well has culture having backlashed against conservatism and the war, just like it did during vietnam, and so we are currently in the neo-hippie/antiwar movement, and that is seeing backlash now, and will eventually swing back the other way
Thread posts: 282
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.