[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Network TV

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: pilot_logos.jpg.300x297_q100.jpg (112KB, 299x297px) Image search: [Google]
pilot_logos.jpg.300x297_q100.jpg
112KB, 299x297px
Will they ever be relevant again? There's absolutely no reason to watch any of the main networks anymore unless you're A) 60 years old or B) like sports.
>>
The same happens in my country
>>
I'm disappointed in them recently because they've almost wiped all sexuality from their content. They hire beautiful women with dubious talent and they don't strip them down to their knickers and bras. What a pointless waste.
>>
what part of the net are these works on?
>>
>>64580252
You can find streams for for sports events.
>>
>>64580252
Agent Carter and Gotham are pretty much the only things left I watch from them. Most thing worth watching come from other networks like FX and AMC.

Other then that it's either Netflix or HBO stuff I end up caring about.
>>
wut about pbs
>>
File: alg_johnny_carson.jpg (48KB, 485x356px) Image search: [Google]
alg_johnny_carson.jpg
48KB, 485x356px
>>64580252
>Will they ever be relevant again?

Unlikely, unless they get desperate and start doing off-the-wall shit. A real life version of ‘The Running Man’ or something like ‘Rollerball,’ i.e. mixing sports with extreme violence, would instantly bring viewers in. Will never happen though. The root of the problem stems from the regulatory red tape nonsense networks have to deal with.

No profanity, no nudity and limited violence have always been hallmarks of Network tv. Modern audiences are now used to these things and actually come to expect them, so the sensibilities of the networks are seen as far too archaic and reminiscent of a more wholesome era that simply doesn't fit into the world of today. This disparity was becoming clearer around the late 80s-early 90s.

Networks don’t have big personalities anymore too. Look at Johnny Carson. People adored him, would stay up to watch his show, then laugh about it at work the next day. The entertainer of past felt more like a friend to these people, rather than a guy out for ratings or to sell advertisement. Nowadays, you see this trend continuing, but not on network television, but on Youtube, where talent now have the power to use more direct methods to get their content out. They’ve cut out the middle man which is the network itself.

Scheduling also plays a big part with the sustained relevance of Network television. No one sits around waiting to watch their favorite show anymore at a specific time. Everything is either streamed or downloaded at the viewer’s own convenience.

The only pull networks still have is with their local daily news and sports coverage. Once both things go out the window, and the older generation disappears, I think networks will ultimately vanish. I could see networks crumbling within the next 15-35 years, not too dissimilar to what happened with the newspaper / print-journalism industry. Either they’ll have to reinvent themselves completely or run the risk of dying out.
>>
>>64580252
>B) like sports.
Honestly the NFL should start it's own media company without any commercials.

There are already a million advertisements on the field already
>>
File: image.jpg (68KB, 844x653px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68KB, 844x653px
I miss Boston Legal and Law & Order, modern court shows are such absolute shit.

Also I stopped watching ABC once they wouldn't stop plugging fucking How to Get Away With Murder into every one of their shows (including the one with the chinese doctor).
I swear he literally said "Tonight I'm going to be watching ABC's How To Get Away With Murder with my wife" in one episode.
>>
Stephen Colbert and James Corden are pretty good late night talk show hosts.
>>
>>64580890
Galavant, Once Upon A Time, and Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. are also pretty good.
>>
>>64582281
CBS executive please go
>>
>>64582208
They already have a channel without commercials but it only plays highlights
>>
>>64582208
The NFL should also be paying for its own stadiums instead of footing the bill to taxpayers under the guise of "helping state tourism" but they're jewish as fuck.
>>
>>64582208
>NFL
>Showing no commercials

LOL, never going to happen lad. Look at the Superbowl, casuals host parties just to watch those terrible fucking commercials.
>>
>>64582031
Why do you dedicate so much time to write such a long and well-thought response on a literal, and I mean literal- shitposting board?
>>
>>64582457
I like to write and I have a lot of free time.

It's a terrible combo.
>>
>>64582031
10/10 post, I'm amazed tv networks are still surviving right now as well as they are.
I think the only way they can really survive is by starting more channels with reruns of their old shows.
>>
>>64580890
What a faggot.
>>
>>64580252
You're forgetting the 30-50 parent crowd who watch awful sitcoms after work.
>>
File: 1405302934570.png (114KB, 200x194px) Image search: [Google]
1405302934570.png
114KB, 200x194px
>you now remember when FOX had a sunday night line up of futurama, simpsons, king of the hill and malcolm in the middle
>>
>>64582457
Fuck off faggot I hate you so much I wish I could rape you over the internet.
>>
>>64583113
So am I
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.