[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just got back from watching this movie. It was pretty good

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

File: therevenantleonardo.jpg (379KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
therevenantleonardo.jpg
379KB, 1920x1080px
I just got back from watching this movie. It was pretty good t͏͏b͏͏h, the cinematography was top notch, and the plot was interesting most of the time.

It started off kinda slow, then it picked up and was pretty good for the rest off the film, though there was one bit where he meets an Indian and they travel together, that part felt kind of slow. The only thing I felt was out of place were the visions of Glass' wife, didn't quite understand what some of them were meant to mean.

Has anyone else here seen it yet? What'd you guys think of it? I'd give it a 7.5/10
>>
>7.5

Just give it an 8 you goof
>>
>>64579921
I don't know man, I fell like an 8 would be a little too high, but a 7 would be a little too low. You know what I mean f͏͏a͏͏m?
>>
>>64579814
photography: amazing
action: amazing
sound desing: amazing
acting: pretty good, Tom Hardy gave me a boner
script: pretty good

A solid 8 i would say... those mexicans (inarritu and lubezki) are working good
>>
>>64580862
Tom Hardy did a pretty good job, he did a good portrayal of a cunt.

I'd say my opinion of the move is pretty much the same as yours. The action scenes were great, I wish we had another scene like the opening ambush.
>>
Is it Oscar time for Leo?
>>
>>64580973
yes i was wanting some more action, but i guess it was hard to stage in dat fucking snow
>>
File: the-danish-girl.jpg (96KB, 670x377px) Image search: [Google]
the-danish-girl.jpg
96KB, 670x377px
>>64581052
Nah man, no matter who deserves it more, it's going to go to this Oscar bait, just watch.
>>
>>64581090

Oh shit, I forgot about that, of course he'll get it. Better luck next time Leo huehue
>>
>>64581052
Jake Gyllenhaal's Southpaw deserves it, but those faggots at the academy will choose the "danish girl" or Fassbender jobs
>>
>>64581084
Oh man, that snow, it seriously felt like I could feel the freezing temperatures that Glass had to deal with. Then again, the air cons at my theater were on full blast.

That reminds me, I had this Indian (I think) couple seated right next to me who wouldn't stop talking to each other, and at conversation level too, and then the husband brings out his fucking phone with the brightness on the max and plays around with it for a few minutes.

And as for the wife, who was to my right, she wouldn't stop making noises everytime the tiniest bit of gore was on screen. It was all "ssssss" during those parts. I wanted to tell the bitch to shut the fuck up but I didn't want to start any shit and ruin the movie for anyone else.
>>
>>64581144

I guess almost dying on set daily isn't worth an Oscar
>>
File: 0767 - fZQud5B.jpg (15KB, 228x221px) Image search: [Google]
0767 - fZQud5B.jpg
15KB, 228x221px
boring
barely speaks
too long
shit plot
forced bad guy

watched it followed by hateful 8 (which was even longer) and the revenant was far less interesting

frogposter out
>>
Just saw it.

I thought it was pretty fugging good but apparently I have autism because I sperged out when I heard the most cliched recycled soundbytes including pigs, horses, guns, bird calls, weather, death cres, etc etc etc. Fuck, some of those sounds were ripped straight from Ultima Online and that shits more than 15 years old, who knows where it came from before then.

Dream Sequences meant nothing and gave nothing, They sort of unravel a story from his past but just as they get up to the reveal that Tom Hardy's character was there it ends, if Leo made eye contact with a man who killed his wife's people how the fuck are they just chumming around without knowing one another, that shit was stupid.

Best scenic shots I've seen in a movie in years, Leo deserves an oscar but will lose to Jared Leto or someone, Tom Hardy was convincing as a grubby savage cunt, etc.
>>
>>64581178
i feel you bro, it happened to me at hateful eight
>>
>>64581178

Last time I was at the drive in theatre some fella on the other side of the lot just turned his headlights on during a scene in the movie, I figured he was leaving but he just sat there with them on for 2 minutes or so, just as I opened my car door to get a better look I heard someone go "TURN OFF YOUR FUCKING LIGHTS" and they did.

How do people act like this?
>>
>>64581341
Some people just think that they can act like they're at their home.

The husband next to me even had the audacity to take off his shirt, revealing his tank top, and he put the shirt over him like a blanket. In the middle of the fucking theater.
>>
>>64581341

Being an obvious cunt has zero disadvantages in todays society. You piss off people you'll never see again.

I fucking hate it
>>
>started off slow
>starts off with a fucking Indian attack

K
>>
>>64581697
Not that early, like, after the ambush. Basically when they abandon the boat up to the part where Leo goes off by himself in the forest.
>>
>>64579814
are you me
this pace was good though
after watching TFA, you see the vast difference in how a proper film is made
>>
>>64579814
I thought the ending was way too convenient and it completely ruined my immersion.

We shouldn't have seen the Indians again or learned if the girl he saved was the chief's daughter or not.

Also, having Glass stab Fitzgerald and just chuck him alive and bleeding into the river to live or die as nature wills it, effectively leaving him for dead as he was left would have been a much more cathartic way to end it.
>>
>>64581227
thanks reddit
>>
>>64581907
the girl escaping was the most bullshit thing actually
>>
>>64581907

I didn't think of it like that. That would of been a much more satisfying ending.

I thought the Indians turning up was obvious as well but my reasoning was they should of never made a point about the Indian leader dude was searching for his daughter, the audience should of just never of known why they were causing havoc and releasing the girl should of just been a by chance encounter. During the fight I was thinking ofc the Indian and his daughter are gonna turn up but I wonder how, if I had no idea about the daughter sub plot then the Indians turning up would of made me shit my pants.
>>
>>64581178
Thumbs up for dealing with that bullshit like a bro
>>
>>64581907
>immersion

Fuck this buzzword. Any time anybody says this word, it instantly invalidates their opinions.
>>
Doesn't he get raped by a bear

is that scene hot
>>
Lubezki was really weak in it to be honest with you familia
>>
>>64581737
>Massive, tense as fuck bear attack scene
>Slow

Just admit you don't have a fucking clue.
>>
>>64579814
My take on the dreams Glass had was because he wanted revenge on Fitzgerald for killingh is son, so Glass is ''Haunted'' by the visions of his wife.
>>
>>64582377
No I mean, it's slow from the part that they reach the river bank, abandoning the boat, all the way to the part where Glass goes off by himself into the forest, and right after that is when the bear scene happens. In between ditching the boat and the bear scene felt slow.
>>
Based Fitzgerald was based.
I'd prefer the whole movie was about him.
>>
>>64582530
>/tv/ poster prefers the racist cunt

wow i'm really surprised
>>
>>64582554
>injun savages
>human
>>
>>64582554
>redditor with snarky comment

wow i'm really surprised
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.