[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that the dust has settled what is the official /tv/ consensus

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: SICARIO-Cannes.jpg (68KB, 786x393px) Image search: [Google]
SICARIO-Cannes.jpg
68KB, 786x393px
Now that the dust has settled what is the official /tv/ consensus on Sicario? Del Toro confirmed for best actor? Deakins for best cinematographer? Villianaview for best director?
>>
>>64576606
It's Villeneuve's worst movie so far.
>>
>>64576669
why
>>
>>64576669
No, that's enemy
>>
This "Sicario is amazing" meme needs to die.

The script was utter dogshit. It looked great, the actors were admirable, solidly edited, atmospheric score. But the writing... you could tell the writer has amateur at best knowledge on the subject. It was all very hokey and sensationalist, with dialogue that wouldn't be out of place on a Law and Order episode (This is the land of wolves). And then there were the contrivances. That Jon Bernthal scene was such a mess from a writing standpoint. The motherfucker happens to have that specific wrist band linked to the drug money in a previous scene? Fuck off. And all the characters other than the three mains were just wastes. I give this movie a 6/10 based on the atmosphere, performances, and other little things, but this won't win any awards and rightly so.
>>
>>64577932
i just saw the movie yesterday, and this pretty much sums up my opinions perfectly.

It sucks, because I thought the movie was shot really well and super interesting subject matter.
>>
>>64576669
Prisoners was worse.
>>
>>64576606
Del Toro has the best chance to walk away from this with a trophy, but that's it.
>>
>>64576669

enemy was worst out of the ones ive seen, prisoners wasnt bad but sicario was definitely better imo

sicario might be the best movie of the year in fact. it's the first movie i've ever seen that i instantly rewatched right after it ended, and then watched it again the next day
>>
>>64576606
Maybe at the /tv/ Oscars. It's an also ran at the actual Oscars.

P.S. When do the /tv/ Oscars happen? I want to vote for Cool Cat.
>>
>>64578147
I agree. Its great. Its impossible to impress these faggots.
>>
It looks good, but the moral dilemma is not only tired, but it doesn't even come to the forefront until the second the last scene, and even then there's barely an arc for Blunt's character to make us feel it.
>>
>>64577932
>The script was utter dogshit. It looked great, the actors were admirable, solidly edited, atmospheric score. But the writing... you could tell the writer has amateur at best knowledge on the subject.

Ya im sure your familer with the inner workings of the cia and cartel. It will win best cinematography but thats it. I agree. But holy shit i would hate to watch a movie with you.
>>
The most rewatchable meme film ever.
I've seen it 5 times now.
>>
>>64579742
I guess it would have been better if the whole movie was spoon fed to you.
>>
Prisoners was more complex.

Enemy was more engaging.

Sicario has like, maybe three good scenes of a plot we've all seen before.
>>
File: Mouthbreatherio.webm (3MB, 852x356px) Image search: [Google]
Mouthbreatherio.webm
3MB, 852x356px
Breatherio
>>
Why did the mom whimper when alejandro said don't forget my little girl?
>>
>>64576606
>best actor

Probably Leo.

>best cinematographer

Definitely Chivo.

>best director

Probably Haynes.
>>
>>64579919
Because she knows her husband is a murderer, and reminding her is sort of painful.

Also, it pretty much means that Alejandro has no qualms about killing her children.
>>
>>64576606
Benicio was shit

Villeneuve will never be good, this and Prisoners prove it

Garbage movie-.
>>
>>64579762
>Deakins
>best cinematography for this turd.

lol
>>
>>64579742
>the moral dilemma is not only tired, but it doesn't even come to the forefront until the second the last scene

Uh I don't think you were paying attention
>>
Del Toro could be a good bond villain.
>>
>tfw modern hollywood movies are so bloated and shitty and terribly written that a movie simply about characters doing shit is an amazing breath of fresh air
>>
>>64581216
>>
>>64581512
At least I don't have shit enough taste to praise a dismissed 80s thriller that was supposed to go to Seagal or Stallone.
>>
>>64581500
This to be honest family.
>>
>>64581500
it's a breath of fresh only if u limit yourself to only watching blockbusters
sicario is nothing more than a 6/10 for anybody initiated in the patrician scene
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.