[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just finished watching The Road for the first time. What does

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: the-road-2.jpg (161KB, 1004x737px) Image search: [Google]
the-road-2.jpg
161KB, 1004x737px
I just finished watching The Road for the first time. What does /tv/ think of it?
>>
>>64572567
not great
>>
Depressed me when I saw it

January 2 years ago and I had just gotten mono and the semester was starting

/blogpost
>>
>>64572623
OP here and I feel the same but at least as far as we know the kid ended up with good guys.

I think that's my favorite part of the film the father is telling him that they are the "Fire keepers" and must beat the bad guys
>>
Not as good as the book, but yeah, it was pretty good. Great visuals, great music.
>>
>>64572567

SHIT
>>
>>64572567
>where civilization ends, the battle for survival begins

Do movie posters need taglines?
I mean, they're so generic more often than not and it never adds anything to it really.
>>
>>64572875
I think marketing forced it on.
>>
I like it, made most post apocalyptic settings feel like paradise by comparison.

when zombies hit or fags in biker gear start roaming the desert there's still a small chance of rebuilding something from the scraps and living off that for few generations, the fuck are you going to do when the sunshine decides to tell the plants to fuck off?
>>
Wish there were more films like it. I remember the gray filter being kinda out of control though
>>
>>64573253
QFT

Even sanctuaries like the bunker full of canned goods was temporary because there's cannibals tracking people with dogs. Only A Boy and his Dog was the only other post-apocalyptic fiction that addresses the sheer terror of dealing with those types of people.
>>
>>64573287

Well, it had to look like everything was covered in ashes, so...
>>
>>64572567
pretty comfy
>>
>>64572567
loved it
>>
>>64572567
The last of us: the movie without me constantly fantasizing about fucking Ellie.
>>
It was alright. Just slow. Scenery was cool though. Looked like fallout.
>>
>>64573349
What could the impoverished and wild bandits do to a bunker thats been closed up and made to withstand bombs?
>>
>>64572567
I've seen horrible gore and this movies is by far, worse. If you're depressed don't watch this. Stick to gore threads.
>>
Should have shown Charlize and the rape gang
>>
The cannibal house was pretty chilling
>>
Book is way better. Movie not that good.
>>
>>64572567
Fucking depressing but good ,when they found the canibal basement I got chills everywhere that shit was really fucked up.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.