[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I know han dying is an important story point, but you think Coruscant

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6

File: 32.jpg (162KB, 1179x590px) Image search: [Google]
32.jpg
162KB, 1179x590px
I know han dying is an important story point, but you think Coruscant (and several adjacent planets)getting blown up would merit more then just 10 seconds of shock? The most imortant planet in the galaxy is oblitrated and then completely forgotten after 10 seconds?
>>
The planet they blew up was not Coruscant. It says a lot about the way the story is written and presented that a lot of people thought so
>>
>>64571353

They really didn't give Starkiller enough buildup to make it effective. I believe that they should have saved Starkiller for the 2nd movie and dropped hints during the first movie without showing it. Then when the station is revealed and actually fires in the second movie, it would be the perfect "Empire Strikes Back" moment. But hey, that's just my opinion, and it doesn't mean much.
>>
Would of been better if once coracant was gone , the first order immediately tried to blitz as many systems as possible while the galaxy is still reeling from having its head chopped off
>>
>>64572210
this is what's going to happen and we're going to be at a "Empire Strikes Back" position at the start of Episode VIII
>>
>>64572284
More like "Resistance Strikes Back." The first order is small compared to the empire and lost its only major asset.
>>
>>64571353
>>64572210
>>64572284

Once more, /tv/ proves they don't even fucking watch the films they try to criticize. Poe says at the Resistance base just before the attack on the Starkiller weapon that it was the Hosnia system that was destroyed, not Coruscant's.
>>
When they called it Starkiller I thought it would blow up entire suns and cause the destruction of all surrounding planets.

But it's just a bigger death star.
>>
>>64572442
>implying TFA writers explain faction's power levels in a logical fashion
It's obvious they just wanted to go back to big powerful Empire vs small Rebellion
>>
>>64572502
All star wars stories have been underdog good guys vs bad guys.

That's where the drama comes from.
>>
>>64571353
The fast pace of TFA really fucked up any impact certain scenes should have had.

>"I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened."

None of that in here, they destroy a system and nobody gives a shit, move on to the next scene
>>
>>64572538
The Sith are underdogs in the prequels.

And I have no problem with going back to the bad guys being stronger if it's explained logically rather than a small remnant of Empire building a base that's 100000000x more powerful than anything Empire ever created without anyone noticing
>>
File: 1451020792667.jpg (307KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
1451020792667.jpg
307KB, 2048x1536px
>>64572541
Seeing the people at ground zero and everyone's reaction as the beam went out was more impactful for me than some throwaway line.

Sorry but TFA did it better and if you think different it's probably because you're an idiot with shit taste who should be removed from the gene pool with a forklift.
>>
>>64572652
I don't know if the sith are underdogs. Sheev easily manipulates the Jedi, the entire war is a ploy so it really just comes down to Sheev vs. the Jedi Order. I don't consider Sheev to be an underdog to anyone.

Based Sheev
>>
>>64572479

People didnt like the suncrusher. A live action version would be a sight to behold though.
>>
>>64572652
I don't think they're a small remnant. They control a good chunk of the galaxy but want to conquer the rest and reestablish the empire. They've even had enough time to train soldier from children to young adulthood. If anything the movie lacks in telling us strait up that the empire is back and pissed.
>>
>>64572662
>seeing a bunch of people we've never seen before and will never see again hug each other is more impactful than a main character having to steady himself because of how powerfully he's felt the deaths of millions of people

I know you're baiting but come on nigga.
>>
>>64572706
He wins because he has a sound plan and is a great manipulator but at the beginning of the prequels he's just a senator from a small system against the Jedi order that has thousands of Jedi Knights
>>
>>64572708
I thought Suncrusher was a pretty badass name even though the actual weapon was so dumb.
>>
>>64572541
They cut some scenes that actually would have given that scene more weight. There's a scene where Leia addresses the senate about the First Order fucking around with a super weapon. They brush it off as a non-issue. I really hope JewJew releases an extended cut but he says he doesn't like doing them.
>>
So did Kylo die?
I'm sure he's alive, but how the fuck would he escape ? He was shot center mass with a blaster, fucked up in a Saber fight, and the mega death star is exploding
>>
File: palpatine.jpg (10KB, 320x283px) Image search: [Google]
palpatine.jpg
10KB, 320x283px
>>64572652
>The Sith are underdogs in the prequels.

Yeah Palpatine's "everything as planned" manipulation of literally everything from the Senate to the Jedi to the Clone War to the Force itself with nothing going afoul besides turning into a buttface was really underdoggy.
>>
>>64572662
The destruction of Alderaan was central to the entire plot of ANH and became an iconic moment in the saga. I literally forgot about the planet that was destroyed in TFA 10 minutes after seeing the movie.
>>
>>64572810
People don't even know is was Hosnia or whatever because it's mentioned once and then they're on to destroying Starkiller.
>>
>>64572724
Nice b8. Obi-Wan's line was not harrowing, it would've meant more more if Leia had any reaction other than momentary disappointment.
>>
>>64572810
You didn't even see Alderaan beyond the planet and it wasn't central to jack shit. You're reaching.
>>
>>64572810

This.

I am not alone, thank you senpai-kun
>>
>>64572477
Oh.......okay.........

>implying anyone knows what that is

>>64572541
Which movie is that line from?
>>
>>64572781
I think him being a buttface was his natural look he just decided to reveal it as if he was being hurt to help coerce anakin to help him, just like how he threw the fight with mace
>>
>>64572810

Yeah. Actually I pretty much forgot most of what happened in that movie, which is pretty standard for JJ

Except that bizarre awkward as fuck TV show helicopter shot ending scene
>>
>>64572886
Just like Alderaan.

You get one line of Leia telling Tarkin it's peaceful and then it blows up like a melon.
>>
>>64572757

yeah just some senator who happens to be a sith lord that destroyed his invincible master that trained him
>>
>>64572892
Technically leia's home planet isn't alderan, it was that astroid base place at the end of RotS
>>
>>64571413
yea it shows that people are retarded and think that a planet that looked nothing like corsuscant and also was name dropped as a different system is still coruscant.

people thought luke was kylo ren
>>
>>64572956
which meme did you meme from ?
>>
>>64572991
Maybe you're going senile, I remember all of it.
>>
>>64573005
Stop.
>>
TFA shills are still in full damage control I see
>>
>>64572948
You're never alone when you samefag.
>>
>>64573094
somebody get this hothead outta here
>>
>>64573061
Nope.
>>
>>64573115
Funny you use this well known meme, because TFA is completely devoid of any of them
>>
File: paul latza.png (4MB, 2000x2046px) Image search: [Google]
paul latza.png
4MB, 2000x2046px
>>64572981
>just like how he threw the fight with mace
>>
>>64573163
Good. This isn't your reddit hugbox.
>>
>>64573020
>expecting people to memorize retarded bullshit like star system names
>>
>>64573020
The name of the planet is mentioned once in an off hand comment when destroying Starkiller becomes the main focus and the planet was never featured in the saga before.
>>
>>64572712
m8 they're confined to the edge of known space/unknown regions because they're too weak to tread in the core/inner/outer rim with the big boys, just look at the official disney map, the megasuperdeathstar base can been seen deep in unknown space

>>64573278
Tatooine, Hoth, bespin, Dagobah, Endor are all iconic
>>
File: phasma.jpg (99KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
phasma.jpg
99KB, 1280x720px
So can we agree phasma only exists to sell toys and cater to GoT fans ?
> played by the big lady from GoT
> cool looking shiny trooper all over the advertisements
> only has like 2 sceens, minimal dialog and is quickly killed off and forgotten about
>>
>>64572781

He WANTED to become a buttface because it makes him more DARK SIDE OF THE FORCE.

Literally nothing went astray in his master plan he made up as he went along.
>>
>>64573020
We saw a space city. Hosinian Prime was Not-Coruscant just as Jakku was Not-Tatooine. Honestly just look at that one shot of those people on the planet with that evening skyline it could've easily been the same planet as pic related.
>>
>>64572477
You know what star system Coruscant is in?
Because as a casual SW fan I have no idea so I just assume that a planet that is said to be the center of the Republics government, and the only planet shown in the movies that that would fall under would be Corosant.
>>
>>64572477

I remember hearing that line and asking myself, "So, was Coruscant in the Hosnian system? Because that looked like Coruscant and they said they were going to blow up the Republic and the Senate"
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.