[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did Matt Damon's smugness in this movie bother anyone else?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 9

Did Matt Damon's smugness in this movie bother anyone else?
>>
>>64570011
it's reddit tier desu.
>I've got to le science the shit out of this xd
>>
>>64570252
Is that really such an unbelievable thing to hear someone say?

Haven't read the book or seen the movie, but I'd be saying all sort of wacky shit to keep myself calm if I was alone by myself TWO HUNDRED MILLION KILOMETERS AWAY FROM EVERYTHING YOU'VE EVER KNOWN.
>>
>>64570330
well it's really just a movie, dumbass. they made this screenplay for le goofsters on purpose. same with guardians of the galaxy
>>
>>64570427
>>64570252
>he never saw the film
>>
In the book he was obviously an underdog nerd that joked pretending to be way cooler than he really was, it was really obvious and he didn't come out as a smug dumbass.

In the movie is a fucking overexcited jock that wants to show off. WOOHOOO MATT DAMON READY TO FUCK SHIT ON MARS GO!!!
>>
>>64570011
I refuse to watch this film.
a) rocketry and space exploration are an interest of mine and hollywood never gets it right
b) Matt Damon is a smug liberal faggot
>>
File: 1450782032814.gif (556KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1450782032814.gif
556KB, 500x281px
>>64570011
It bothered me even when I saw only the trailer.
Which is why i didnt see the movie.
>>
>>64570612
Memes aside, the sci-fi part is pretty accurate in this movie.
>>
>I've got to reddit the shit out of this?
what did he mean by this?
>>
Not badly, no. He did seem smug, but it struck me more as putting on a brave face when facing an extremely hostile situation. Though the movie would have been better if at some point he had broken down with anxiety or cried in the shower or something to show that his confidence was a facade.
>>
>>64570612
The movie is an engineer's dream.

Don't watch it though, you're just a NEET faggot
>>
>>64572206

/tv/ does love to watch protags get cucked
>>
>>64572206
but he did do this twice
>>
>>64572655

Did he? I guess I don't remember that, then. Must have gotten lost among the poop potatoes and the magic plastic bags fixing all his problems.

To be fair, I enjoyed the movie for what it was. Kind of silly, but fun.
>>
File: richard brody.jpg (32KB, 273x340px) Image search: [Google]
richard brody.jpg
32KB, 273x340px
The true patrician has spoken.

>The relentless focus on technical achievement, in the absence of the complexity of the characters—in the absence of cultural identities and emotional connections, backstories and ambitions, the drive of will and ideological commitment, of fantasy and distraction—is the very antithesis of artistic creation. The first remarkable, impersonal technical achievement that Scott seems to be celebrating is his own.
>>
I GUESS I HAFTA MEME DA SHIT OUTTA DIS FUCKIN PLUH-NIT!
>>
>>64570011
If you're bothered by smug then why are you going to a Matt Damon movie
>>
DUDE SCIENCE LMAO
>>
>>64572799
B T F O
T
F
O
>>
>>64570427
Ahh cmon, this is a far better film than Guardians, be real.
>>
>>64572435
>engineers dream
literally have to wait for the magic autismo negro to give them the shit they use for every fucking satelite
are you fucking kidding me m888
>>
>>64570011
I don't know. To me, it felt less like he was being smug, and more like he was putting up a tough face.
Maybe I'm wrong, but that's how I saw it, and it made it a lot more enjoyable.
>>
File: 4chan not shitpost.jpg (46KB, 500x324px) Image search: [Google]
4chan not shitpost.jpg
46KB, 500x324px
>>64570011
>Did Matt Damon's smugness in this movie bother anyone else?
Not as much as OP's
>>
Did the way people floated through their space center bother anyone else? It looked more like they were swimming rather than actually floating in space, never actually pushing off of shit
>>
>>64572072
>the sci-fi part is pretty accurate in this movie.

>let's ignore the fact that the Martian atmosphere is so thin that 100 km/h winds there would feel like a strong breeze
>let's ignore the fact that Martian gravity is weaker than Earth's by more than 50%
>let's ignore the fact that the signals from the Pathfinder probe on Mars can magically and automatically be redirected to an old JPL warehouse
>let's ignore the fact that his le Iron Man maneuver wouldn't work because his skin and blood would almost instantly seal the puncture in his suit
>>
File: 1448770157371.png (91KB, 244x245px) Image search: [Google]
1448770157371.png
91KB, 244x245px
>>64570011
Yes, also his disgusting habit of talking while eating. This "movie" had some of the cringiest reddit-tier meme dialogue I've seen since Guardians. Easily one of the worst shitfests of last year.
>>
>>64570011

just you and a bunch of angry contrarian chansters who get angry over the word "science"
>>
The inventory scene after the airlock blew was worth the price of admission. You beta fags need to fuck off.
>>
>>64570330

I mean, I say wacky shit to keep myself calm when I'm alone by myself in the shower
>>
File: 1442778004099.png (191KB, 501x600px) Image search: [Google]
1442778004099.png
191KB, 501x600px
I liked it.
>>
>>64570011
Nah. I really enjoyed it.
>>
>>64570612
Yo reddit.
weird seeing you here
>>
File: nicememe.jpg (6KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
nicememe.jpg
6KB, 250x250px
>>64570252
>>
Literally Grandma-Core filmmaking
>>
>>64570011
>Something blows up in my face
>better go to the camera room so that it records my hair still singed and smoking
Ridley Scott is an overrated hack who hasn't made anything good since Matchstick men.
The people who compared this movie to Moon and Castaway didn't understand why those movies worked. At no point in the movie did I ever feel the loneliness and terror of being alone in space.
>>
>>64570011
>Did Matt Damon's smugness in this movie bother anyone else?
Nope, that's how the character is written in the book entirely
>>
I still am incredulous that Baby's First Astronaut Movie is still getting so much praise.
>>
>head of project is a nigger
>best astrophysicist is a wacky nigger
>>
Fucking yes.
What bothered me the most though was thinking about all those smug nerdditors in the audience having their beliefs reinforced by shit like this.
>see you uneducated SHEEPLE
>characters that r literally u
>nvrmind im a cringe autist IRL
>we engineers we da future
>where is ur god now?? *tips
It almost felt like a fat-apologist movie
>>
>>64576126
>At no point in the movie did I ever feel the loneliness and terror of being alone in space.

In all fairness, this isn't what the book is about. There aren't passages of Damon's character contemplating existent in a barren wasteland or anything. The book is about the perseverance of the human spirit in the face of certain doom. Sorry it wasn't weepy enough for you. Watch Gravity or something.
>>
>>64576399
>The book is about the perseverance of the human spirit in the face of certain doom
They didnt convey that either though. Damon's character felt like waiting for his mom to come back from vacation so she could warm up his hot pockets
>>
>>64570011

It really wasn't believable the way they turned his character from hero to villain. NASA astronauts go through the most intense psychological training, this would have never Fucking happened. He was the best of the best. They even Fucking said so in the film, it's why they chose his planet!
>>
>>64576462
The fact that he remains upbeat throughout the movie despite numerous setbacks and doesn't become depressed and suicidal would be the human spirit persevering.
>>
>>64576611
Yeah thanks, im not autistic nor I was waiting for him to start crying to my chemical romance in a corner, but the dude was literally left on mars.Alone.
If he is like this in that situation just imagine him on a weekend, after a great meal and a blowjob
>>
>>64573421
He still survived on the planet for much longer than he should've. Moron.
>>
>>64576493
Wrong movie anon.
>>
>>64576493
Now that I think about it, why didn't he just come out and say it was shit? Did he actually think they were going to leave his ass there?
>>
>>64576800

Fucking how!? I know what I'm talking about here.
>>
>>64574010
this movie is a joke, it's not scientifically plausible at all
>>
>>64576298
What fucking beliefs? Are you autistic?
>>
>>64570612
pretty much

>>64572072
people said the same of Interstellar
>>
>>64570797
u must be great at parties... oh
>>
>>64579510
Yeah, BLACK FUCKING SCIENCE MAN said that Interstellar was scientifically on point (assuming that we are able to survive going into a black hole). Of course all the 5th dimension stuff was fiction, but it was as accurate as any depiction of a dimension above our own could possibly be.
>>
>>64572799
Did you want to watch an 8 hour movie?
>>
File: Propain.jpg (28KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
Propain.jpg
28KB, 600x338px
>>64570011
Tom Hanks should battle Matt Damon on a stranded island on another planet.
Obviously Hanks would win, because Damon needs NASA to do everything for him, but it would be a fun watch.
>>
>>64579646
Hello screen junkies.
>>
File: 1451793376033.gif (4MB, 320x356px) Image search: [Google]
1451793376033.gif
4MB, 320x356px
>>64579582
I used to have friends.
Then I realized that they were pointless and that my tastes were almost completely different from theirs.
That and my best friend got married relatively young while irked me cuz I ended up being the third wheel and I didn't want to be so I ended it.
Wait what was the question?
>>
>>64580361
No friends is truly patrician status. Other people are shit, no exceptions.
>>
>>64570011
>third of the movie is him talking to the camera

they should have opted for off screen narration
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.