[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If Luke could know that Leia was his sister just by feeling it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 11

File: Vader-Leia.jpg (58KB, 500x459px) Image search: [Google]
Vader-Leia.jpg
58KB, 500x459px
If Luke could know that Leia was his sister just by feeling it with the Force, why couldn't Vader feel the same thing to know she's his daughter?
>>
He assumed the children died when padme did I guess and so wasn't really looking to find them
>>
Lucas is a hack.
>>
File: 18lsey42f5ek7jpg.jpg (32KB, 293x316px) Image search: [Google]
18lsey42f5ek7jpg.jpg
32KB, 293x316px
>>64568780
>>
>>64568853
based Sheev
>>
Luke was trained in the force.

Leia was trained in the cocaine.

Difference.
>>
>>64568827
why the fuck was Luke trying to find her? He didn't even know he had a sister.
>>
>>64568780
He didn't know until Yoda told him.
>>
But Luke didn't know that. He needed Yoda and Obi Wan to tell him
>>
Daughters don't really count. The Force follows the male line.
>>
Well Luke has the up side, Vader has the down side
>>
>>64568915
Explain Rey then
>>
>>64568780
I know this is troll bait but Vader didn't know about Luke until he felt him tap in to the force. Leia never did. And who expects to have twins?
>>
Star Wars had shit writing.
>>
>>64568971

fanfic
>>
>>64568971
Disney trying to please the SJW in 2015.
>>
>>64568971
trap
>>
>>64568780

Because Leia couldn't into the force. Vader didn't notice Luke at all until he used the force to #rek the Delousing Star
>>
will Jira be in the ep8?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmDVRSmiXRI
>>
There is another error regarding family connections. At the beginning of ESB, when Imperials are looking through probe droids to find the Rebel base Vader looks at a picture of Hoth and says something like "That is the system. And I'm sure Skywalker is with them." but a few scenes later when he speaks with Sheev's hologram and Sheev tells him that the Rebel who blew up the Death Star is the son of Anakin Skywalker Vader is surprised
>>
>>64569171
No, in that case that's our evidence that he still has good in him.
>>
>>64568915
what, aren't there a lot of female jedi? including yaddle ffs
>>
>>64568780
Because 'Return of the jedi'
>>
I never understood if Vader knew about Luke existing and living on Tatooine at all. Movie never reveals this. He might've known and it was only surprised when it was Luke who destroyed the Death Star. Then Vader started showing the interest in converting him.

But we certainly know he was surprised at Leia, saying 'Obi Wan hide her well from me', Which he didn't say about Luke
>>
>>64568780
She wasn't his daughter at that point.
>>
>>64568827
He was more machine than man. It fucked with his force perception.
>>
>>64568780
>If Luke could know that Leia was his sister just by feeling it with the Force, why couldn't Vader feel the same thing to know she's his daughter?
Short answer:

Fox tasked Lucas to rip off Dune.

Star Wars is a complete hack job.

Lucas doesn't even like Sci-Fi.
>>
>>64569249
Not the same guy, but how? He clearly knows about a Rebel called Skywalker at the beginning and then he asks "How is that possible?" when Emperor tells him that the guy who blew up the Death Star is his son
>>
>>64568780
The force doesn't tell you things you don't know, it just reaffirms whether they're true or not once you're exposed to the idea.
>>
>>64569477
wut

nigguh u dum
>>
File: image_4.jpg (112KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
image_4.jpg
112KB, 700x700px
>>64569427
He didn't know he had children. If you'd like the canon story behind Vader finding out that Luke was his son read the Marvel Darth Vader comics. I recommend them. Several websites from which to download them for free.
>>
File: 17nh4qtkcks5njpg[1].jpg (59KB, 363x513px) Image search: [Google]
17nh4qtkcks5njpg[1].jpg
59KB, 363x513px
>>64568883
Leia could probably defeat every jedi if she unleashed her full cocaine power.
>>
not enough midichlorians
>>
>>64568892
Yoda told him you triple nigger, then he noticed
>>
>>64569676
Read from the man himself.
> http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/george-lucas-i-really-have-no-interest-in-science-fiction-at-all-10012693.html

> “I really have no interest in science fiction at all.”

How you people regard this man amongst Tolkien et al, beggars belief.
>>
>>64569802
She could defeat every jedi with the help of Gary.
>>
>>64569785
Canonfags should go stick their head in a ditch. Fuck retrospective canon and hindsight. The only truth is that Vader being Luke's father never even entered anyone's minds, not even Lucas's, until they started work on Empire. All of this is made strikingly clear from reading the multiple original script drafts for the first movie, and from closely following Lucas's pattern of doing everything by the seat of his pants.
>>
>>64569785
Do they start with Darth Vader and the Cry of Shadows?
>>
Luke had literally just been told he had a twin sister, and was consciously figuring it out.
Vader had no fucking clue that he had a daughter, so why would he think it might be the girl in front of him?
>>
File: Dark_side_Im_Jedi_Knight.jpg (63KB, 720x320px) Image search: [Google]
Dark_side_Im_Jedi_Knight.jpg
63KB, 720x320px
>>64569911
Then why was it hinted at in ANH? Aunt Beru is talking about Luke to her husband and says something like "He can't stay here forever. He has too much of his father in him". To which Uncle Owen replies "That's what I'm afraid of". I thought that was a clever piece of foreshadowing that people would get after rewatching the original trilogy.
>>
>>64570032
They were just talking about his father being a great warrior. Uncle Owen didn't want him getting into danger.
>>
File: 54477258_p16.jpg (82KB, 692x700px) Image search: [Google]
54477258_p16.jpg
82KB, 692x700px
>>64568780
>doesn't even recognize his own daughter through the force
>only brings her up to goad Luke and imply he's going to rek her

Is he the worst father ever?
>>
>>64569171

>Sheev tells him that the Rebel who blew up the Death Star is the son of Anakin Skywalker Vader is surprised

Added in the special edition. Wasn't in the original cut or the 1997 version.

Also the lines in the special edition are ambiguous enough that Vader can already know Luke's name and simply be processing the information

>'I have no doubt this boy is the offspring of Anakin Skywalker.'
>'How is that possible?'
>'Search your feelings, Lord Vader, you will know it to be true.'

You could say that Vader probably had his own suspicions, but the confirmation from Sheev leads him to fully believe it, though still want to know how it's possible (since he didn't know his children survived).

You'll notice how in both versions Luke's father is either referred to as 'Skywalker' or 'Anakin Skywalker', rather than as direct addressing of Vader. This is probably to ensure that the ebic tweest still works, but I like the idea that Sheev encourages Vader to become so isolated from his former self that he considers him a different person, and one way he does this is via language. I would've like it if, in TFA, when Snoke talks about how Kylo's mission is to kill his father, he'd referred to Han as 'the father of Ben Solo', just because it would add some continuity to the idea that becoming a Sith lord or a Dark side user means sacrificing your previous identity completely (even though neither Dooku/Tyranus or Sheev/Sidious do it in the prequels). Though then it might've lead to an aping of the ebic tweest scene from ESB, which would've been shit.
>>
File: 582.jpg (26KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
582.jpg
26KB, 600x600px
>>64569477
> Star Wars
> Sci-Fi

Goddammit you triggered me so fucking bad
>>
>>64570032
>hindsight is foreshadowing
It was convenient that it worked out that way, but no, they were worried he'd run off to become a warrior and get himself killed in a space war, like his father did.
>>
>>64568780
THE FORCE DOESNT WORK THAT WAY
>>
>>64570154
Fuck off disnigger, your shit memes are nothing next to the power of the OT memes
>>
The first ESB script. Vader and Anakin are different people.

>>http://www.starwarz.com/tbone/wp-content/uploads/Star-Wars-Sequel-Brackett.pdf
>>
>>64568780
Because Luke and Leia weren't siblings and children of Vader until sometime around 1978.
>>
>>64568994
Wouldn't be so lucky anon
>>
File: 1362199.jpg (34KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1362199.jpg
34KB, 400x300px
>>64568780
As much as I hate giving the prequels any more weight than they deserve, having Padme in hair buns similar to Leia might explain why Vader was hesitant to kill Leia outright rather than "She may still be of some use to us" being the real excuse. Even if he had no idea Leia was his daughter, the similarity might've been enough to tug on what was left of his heartstrings.
>>
Also, Luke and Leia aren't siblings. Luke's sister's name is Nellith.
>>
>>64570032
Aunt Beru says that line in an endearing way, her voice didn't sound like she meant "Luke has too much of one of the biggest villains the galaxy has ever seen in him"
>>
>>64569823
you're dumb. Star Wars is a space opera
>>
File: intredasting.jpg (51KB, 685x567px) Image search: [Google]
intredasting.jpg
51KB, 685x567px
>>64570294
>>
File: 1399084530567.gif (4MB, 261x261px) Image search: [Google]
1399084530567.gif
4MB, 261x261px
>>64570202
>All those lines scribbled and re-written by hand by George Lucas
>>
>>64570270
She didn't know that Anakin became Vader.

That said, there wasn't much endearing about Anakin either.
>>
>>64570846
>Luke has too much of an autistic edgy cringey whiny faggot in him
>>
>>64569949
No. I don't think the dark horse comics are canon.
>>
>>64570258
Remember when Vader stopped Boba Fett from shooting Chewbacca in Empire Strikes Back? Was it because C3PO was strapped to Chewie's back and the vestige of humanity couldn't bear to see his droid further damaged?
>>
>>64568780
the force is as inconsistent as the writing
>>
>>64570265
This is sort of the route I'd like to see them go with Rey's brother. Take past ideas and story paths and rework them into new ones.
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.